PDA

View Full Version : FAQ: How to use Evox trainers!

Goku
07-04-2004, 12:08 PM
I know some users are getting stuck and don’t know what to do with these .ETM or .MTE files. So I think it’s a good idea to make a tutorial on “How to use Evox trainers!”

If you have Evox 3935 installed, just jump to Part 2 of this tutorial. If you’re just starting out, read and re-read Part 1 and Part 2 of this tutorial.

Part 1:
-------
Requirements:
* X-Box (lol)
* Evox 3935 with evox.ini (don't ask for it here, it's not legal, but you are welcome to go here: #xbins on EFNet)
* Probably a hacked BIOS on a modchip (I have X2.2Lite and X4977 BIOS, and again #xbins)
* A way to FTP to your XBox, by using Internet Explorer or any other browser to access your XBox, once you have everything installed. (You can use FlashFXP, CuteFTP, or any other FTP app).

Now, I'm not going to tell you how to install the Modchip, BIOS, or Evox, you should already know these things before you begin. But if you don't know these things, just go to http://www.xbox-scene.com/ and look at their FAQ and Tutorial sections to figure out what you really need to do in order to install Evox 3935 on your XBox.

Part 2:
-------
Okay, so here are the assumptions:
* You have connected your XBox to your computer or a router so that we can FTP to XBox and upload some files. (If you don’t have this done, go to XBox-Scene.com for their networking tutorials).
* You have Evox 3935 installed on your XBox (on C, E, F, or G drive)
* You know you have Evox 3935 installed with the proper evox.ini file
* Did I say you have to have Evox 3935 (you can check this by looking at the Evox version shown in different Evox Skins)
* So you have Evox 3935, right? With the evox.ini file that has only ONE option for IGR (In Game Reset)?

1) Now go to System Utils --> Settings and set TSR to Normal (scroll DOWN to see the other options)
2) If you have a BIOS, that does not offer In Game Reset, then you might want to set IGR to Yes, but from what I heard, it’s not really needed. Better to be safe than sorry, so set it anyway.
3) Then scroll down more, and do “Save and Exit”
4) REBOOT your XBox, by either turning it OFF and then ON or using Reboot option in Evox’s main menu.
5) Now you need to check to see if you have Trainers option in main menu. If you have it, then you are good to go, if you don’t, then you must have either gotten a modified copy of evox.ini or have modified it your-self, so you’ll have to find the original copy of evox.ini and overwrite the one on your XBox.
6) Time to FTP to your XBox. So connect to your XBox (you should already know how to do this).
7) Unzip the .zip or .rar file to your Desktop or a place you can remember.
8) You should now have a .ETM (and .MTE if the trainer has a In Game Menu).
9) Copy the .ETM (and .MTE, if it has one), from your computer to your XBox’s Trainers folder. You can copy many trainers at once, so if you have more, just extract them and put them in the Trainers folder
10) REBOOT your XBox.
11) Look in the Trainers option, and if you done everything correctly, you will see the newly added trainers.
12) Turn on the trainer option(s) and make sure you do a “Save and Exit”
13) No need to reboot this time, just play the game from the HD, or put the CD/DVD in the DVD drive tray, and select “Launch DVD”

BIG NOTE: Make sure you are running your games from Evox, else it will not work. You have to do this so that Evox can do its trainer code first.

If for some reason a trainer doesn’t work, disable all the other trainers, reboot your XBox, and enable just that one trainer and try it out.

Info: .NFO files can be opened in any Text Editors (NotePad, WordPad, Word, etc.). .ASM is an Assembly code file that was actually compiled and made into a .ETM file. Don’t worry about it, unless you want to know what makes one of the options work (i.e. how did the player get infinite health, what was done to get infinite health).

If you find any errors or mistakes in this tutorial, please post a reply, and I will fix it ASAP. If you are stuck or are not clear about any of these steps, just post a reply and I will fix or enhance this tutorial.

A BIG BIG BIG thanks goes out to Team EvolutionX for making such a great dashboard with many options. And thanks to all fellow Evox-T members for making such great trainers.

Goku / Evox-T

puppy
11-24-2004, 01:44 PM
I want to add that IGR needs to be enabled in either BIOS or EvoX.

Goku
11-24-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by puppy
I want to add that IGR needs to be enabled in either BIOS or EvoX. Nope, not needed. It works just fine with out the IGR.

therealjosh
12-02-2004, 09:19 AM
My buddy thought it would be funny to take my trainers folder off of the main screen so now I can't get it back. If you could direct me to instructions for putting trainers back on my main page that would be great. Thanks..

dootdoo rules.

Goku
12-02-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by therealjosh
My buddy thought it would be funny to take my trainers folder off of the main screen so now I can't get it back. If you could direct me to instructions for putting trainers back on my main page that would be great. Thanks..

dootdoo rules. Well your buddy must have edited the evox.ini file. So all you need to do is FTP to your XBox from your PC and copy evox.ini file, then open it with NotePad or any other text editor. I've uploaded a copy of original evox.ini file here: http://evox.xboxhackz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8665

It's listed in a post. This is the line that you need added in to see the trainers option:

Item "Trainers",ID_trainer

Just don't added it any where, it has to be under these lines:

Section "Root"
{

So after you change your evox.ini file on your desktop, just save it and overwrite the one on your XBox.

therealjosh
12-02-2004, 10:09 AM
Goku Rules. Unfortunately I'm such a newb that I need a way to do it from the evox system options. I am not equipped to Ftp my box. yea I=sux

Goku
12-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Goku Rules. Unfortunately I'm such a newb that I need a way to do it from the evox system options. I am not equipped to Ftp my box. yea I=sux So how do you upload EvoX trainers?

therealjosh
12-02-2004, 10:27 AM
I'll tell you but it’s a secret, I burn a bunch to cd and move them from the cd to the folder using the new media player.

Goku
12-02-2004, 12:00 PM
I'll tell you but it’s a secret, I burn a bunch to cd and move them from the cd to the folder using the new media player. So copy my evox.ini file that I posted in one of my posts (link above) and overwrite the one you have in there with the new one. Or make changes to the one that I have, burn it to a CD, then overwrite

therealjosh
12-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Your help is invaluable. I can't imagine doing all this for complete strangers. Now to attack Warrior Within.

Turok
12-04-2004, 11:13 AM
The Trainer shows up on the trainer folder but when i go to use it in a game the gtame plays as if there is no tainer.

dootdoo
12-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Turok
The Trainer shows up on the trainer folder but when i go to use it in a game the gtame plays as if there is no tainer.

which trainer?

ddkram
12-04-2004, 05:31 PM
hey guys i have just bought the PAL version of soul calibur 2 today and just got acid flash's trainer for the PAL and NTSC version's in 1 zip file and i added all 3 to my trainer folder and only the NTSC one shows up. i tried deleting the NTSC one to see if the PAL ones show up but still nothing. this is extreamly strange coz i have not had any trouble with any other trainers. is there a solution for this ? it just isnt showing up at all. (neither PAL version is coming up even though both files are ETM and in the trainers folder) its just a bit weird for me.

Goku
12-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by ddkram
hey guys i have just bought the PAL version of soul calibur 2 today and just got acid flash's trainer for the PAL and NTSC version's in 1 zip file and i added all 3 to my trainer folder and only the NTSC one shows up. i tried deleting the NTSC one to see if the PAL ones show up but still nothing. this is extreamly strange coz i have not had any trouble with any other trainers. is there a solution for this ? it just isnt showing up at all. (neither PAL version is coming up even though both files are ETM and in the trainers folder) its just a bit weird for me. I remember that I made the Soul Calibur 2 +7 trainer long time ago. Here's what 3 different files do:
evt-sc2_usa_ntsc.etm = USA/NTSC version of SC2
evt-sc2_pal_v1.0.etm = PAL version 1.0 of SC2
evt-sc2_pal_v1.1.etm = PAL German version 1.1 of SC2

I recommend that you try only the one that works for you. Maybe try 1 at a time to find out which one works :)

Don't forget to reboot your XB!

ddkram
12-05-2004, 05:06 AM
hey goku i just tried just the 1.0 then deleted that then tried the 1.1 and still nothing. i have just unziped the 3 files and transfered 1 accross at a time. they just dont show up at all in my trainer menu. i am rebooting my XBOX everytime i change anything so it isnt that. the NTSC is the only one that shows up out of the 3 so i have no idea whats going on but i have never had problems with this before with any other trainers i have tried

ddkram
12-05-2004, 05:12 AM
hey goku just fixed the problem. it turns out your filenames are bad. i aint sure exactly why but those filenames wont show up in EvoX trainer menu. i think it might be coz u use 2 .'s i could be wrong mind you but they would be fairly logical. but now it works great. i only just realised it could be the filenames when u posted the filenames on here because i wasnt really paying any attention to the filename before. but i have had trouble with this before on my own test trainers.

Goku
12-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by ddkram
hey goku just fixed the problem. it turns out your filenames are bad. i aint sure exactly why but those filenames wont show up in EvoX trainer menu. i think it might be coz u use 2 .'s i could be wrong mind you but they would be fairly logical. but now it works great. i only just realised it could be the filenames when u posted the filenames on here because i wasnt really paying any attention to the filename before. but i have had trouble with this before on my own test trainers. That's very odd. No one ever posted this as an issue, but I think I'm going to change it. Thanks for the info ddkram :)

mikerowesoft
01-02-2005, 06:41 PM
"BIG NOTE: Make sure you are running your games from Evox, else it will not work. You have to do this so that Evox can do its trainer code first."

Does this mean going into evox and turning trainer on, then launching a multigame disk will not allow the trainer to work? Does the disk need to only be single game. I am guessing that this is so. I have a few multi game disk made with craxtion4. Anytime i try to use trainer for a specific game on these disks it doesnt work. Is it because it goes from evox to multi menu? Most likely so, but just wanted confirmation. IF this is the case is there any feasable way around this issue other than only backing up one game to one disk at a time? Thank you for your time and consideration.

Goku
01-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by mikerowesoft
"BIG NOTE: Make sure you are running your games from Evox, else it will not work. You have to do this so that Evox can do its trainer code first."

Does this mean going into evox and turning trainer on, then launching a multigame disk will not allow the trainer to work? Does the disk need to only be single game. I am guessing that this is so. I have a few multi game disk made with craxtion4. Anytime i try to use trainer for a specific game on these disks it doesnt work. Is it because it goes from evox to multi menu? Most likely so, but just wanted confirmation. IF this is the case is there any feasable way around this issue other than only backing up one game to one disk at a time? Thank you for your time and consideration. I have tried it my self with some multi games on 1 dvd with my own games. It seems to work just fine. Not sure if this true for all the multi games, but I only had 1. So you should try it.

mikerowesoft
01-03-2005, 12:39 PM
OK thank you. What multi game dash are you using? MXM, MenuX????

If you could find that out right quick it would be useful. Thankyou so much for getting back to that last post.

Goku
01-03-2005, 01:34 PM
OK thank you. What multi game dash are you using? MXM, MenuX????

If you could find that out right quick it would be useful. Thankyou so much for getting back to that last post. I tried "MenuX_Prepared-Ice-x" then made an ISO using Craxtion4, then finally burned it.

mikerowesoft
01-03-2005, 07:02 PM
same here. But trainer doesnt work. The game i was trying to get trainer to work with is Guilty Gear XXreloaded.
But no luck thus far. Who knows? Thank you for getting back to me as soon as you did. Hey by the way, you guys are awesome. Thank you for your hard work. I think its mad cool how you guys do this stuff. cya bro

Goku
01-04-2005, 04:24 PM
same here. But trainer doesnt work. The game i was trying to get trainer to work with is Guilty Gear XXreloaded.
But no luck thus far. Who knows? Thank you for getting back to me as soon as you did. Hey by the way, you guys are awesome. Thank you for your hard work. I think its mad cool how you guys do this stuff. cya bro What version is it for GG XX Reloaded? UK, USA, JAP? I made the JAP version then acidflash made the USA version. I haven't seen PAL version!

wetii
01-10-2005, 09:23 AM
okay heres the thing.... I have wireless internet.... could i not send information through this from the computer to the xbox?

Also is it possible to transfer files from a cd/rw or a dvd/r to the xbox....... When i put in a cd/rw with trainers on it (.etm files and .mte files) the evox dash said 'No Disc'...... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

therealjosh said something about a new media player. HELP ME PLZ

ddkram
01-10-2005, 02:17 PM
ok "wetii" well i dont think i can help you with the connection question because i am not very skilled in that area so somone else will have to help you with that. but for the CD/RW problem i had this problem. its the XBOX tompson drives (not all of them just most of them) dont seem to be able to read CD's or CD/RW's but they read DVD-R's perfectly.

midnight
01-19-2005, 01:07 PM
None of my trainers works. When I start a game (like Star Wars kotor, Kingdom under fire) it’s just like the trainer doesn’t exist at all. Pleas help me :)

:( :(

Jason Voorhees
01-21-2005, 05:52 AM
i got Evox 3935 working. and, i can get the Halo 2 trainer to show up in the list.

*Edit*
nm. i was doing it wrong. i was dragging it from the desktop. when i should have been dragging from FlashFXP. but, now im having trouble running Halo 2 from either DVD/HDD.

*Edit* #2
Halo 2 has been fixed. just had to delete the Cache files from the Cache folder.

PhantomTa2
03-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Hi, lurker turned poster :)
I've spent the morning reading through the posts and FAQ's but haven't noticed any information on the problem I did have, (kinda sorted but still thought it would be nice to have the information here for others).
I installed EvoX from F drive when I set it up, but there are 2 trainer folders, one on C and one on F. So which should the trainers go into? I've just been putting them in both so they do work, I'd just prefer to be able to delete one trainer folder so there's that little extra space.

RonaldHam
03-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Yeah... umm every time i telnet to my box the game locks up and i cant do anythign so how do i use the telnet properly???

anyinformation would be helpfull...

thanks guys

R-

covenantslayer
04-06-2005, 06:04 PM
I am also having a problem. When i use the +4 trainer for phantom dust and load the cd. It acts like there is no trainer. I have all options enabled on the trainer. Every other Trainer is off. I also have tsr set to normal. Not sure whats going on. Help is appreciated.

Bowlen
04-25-2005, 07:38 AM
Is the trainer for Pal or NTSC and is the game PAL or NTSC

enog24
05-13-2005, 05:09 AM
I hate to be such a newb about all this, but when I have any of my trainers enabled, along with tsr at normal, evox always freezes at the loading screen. I have followed the how-to exactly and its just not working. I have 3935, with the correct .ini, tried TSR on normal, and debug. All of the trainers are where they are supposed to be, I can see them all from evox, and enable/disable them. No matter what settings I use it freezes at the loading screen. Once I turn TSR off the game will load fine, but the trainer wont work. its an NTSC v1.6. Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks in advance

ddkram
05-13-2005, 09:33 AM
enog24 what game are you trying and what trainer ?

enog24
05-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Its doing for any game or trainer I try. But the one I want inparticular is this one: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?threadid=4316

no trainers I am trying are working. The games are being played from the dvd drive, not the hdd.

mikerowesoft
05-25-2005, 02:16 AM
Mr. enog24 please pm me. I will help you get it alll working. So please do contact me. I want you to be able to enjoy all the same things we are able to.

risky business
06-22-2005, 08:49 PM
I can get every trainer i use to work except for gta sa, when i launch the dvd it just rebots to evox. Any one know how to fix this. the game will play with tsr off.

biggieandmoe
07-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi I'm new and I don't ftp so i burn my trainers to a cdrw. This is what you need to do.
have all the requreiments that are listed in Goku's post except you don't need to ftp. Use a quality cdrw. I use a memorex cdrw and i burn it a 4x. I have a thompson drive so I use memorex. If you have samsung or phililps you can use way more cdrws. Just use memorex.
Ok download the trainer you want. You will either have a .zip or .rar
Next unzip or unrar the trainer. You will have a .etm or .mte
Use nero or something else. Make sure to pick data cd. I use recordnow because it is on my computer. You can have more than 1 trainer to burn. Drag the trainers or add it.
Click burn
It should burn.
After the cd pops out. Go and put the cdrw in your xbox dvd tray.
It will take more than one try. It does for me.
Keeping trying until you see a disc in the avalaunch menu or unknown disc in evox.
Use a file manager.
First thing is to open up C:Trainers in the second panel. You will see a bunch of etms. That means you are doing everything right.
So in the first panel choose D drive.
Add the trainer you want or all the trainers To queue.
Make sure it says whatever.etm or whatever.mte to c/Trainers.
TRANSFER THE FILES.
There you go. Didn't need to ftp.
Hope that helped at least one person.

dmoney101
07-28-2005, 02:32 PM
so are you transfering the trainers to the C or D? if C, what does the D drive have to do with it?

biggieandmoe
07-28-2005, 02:53 PM
You are transfering from your cd which is the dvd drive to c/trainers. So D to C/trainers

dmoney101
07-28-2005, 08:51 PM
ok, i gotcha, my friend is having problems, and i've never done it b4, so i'm going by your guide and my common sense of the xbox

evilmm
08-04-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm using the Midnight Club 3 Trainer, and it works fine when i have it on the hard drive, but not when i read from a DVD.

TenchiDD
08-30-2005, 02:35 PM
First of all, Hey. I've followed all the instructions, have the 3935 version of EvoX, have TSR to normal, yet none of the trainers I try work. So far I have the Halo 2 +10, which doesnt work, and a Ninja Gaiden +2 which doesnt work. Why isnt it working?! The games load fine, but its as if the trainers dont exist, game runs as normal. I don't have a ModChip, its only Softmodded, but It is EvoX, could that be the problem?

mikerowesoft
09-10-2005, 05:54 PM
First of all, Hey. I've followed all the instructions, have the 3935 version of EvoX, have TSR to normal, yet none of the trainers I try work. So far I have the Halo 2 +10, which doesnt work, and a Ninja Gaiden +2 which doesnt work. Why isnt it working?! The games load fine, but its as if the trainers dont exist, game runs as normal. I don't have a ModChip, its only Softmodded, but It is EvoX, could that be the problem?

Well it would be best for you to try other games. It just so happens that you picked two games that have multiple versions of trainers for them. When each of those games came out there were trainers made for them. as time passed there were updates for each game. These updates could be obtained through different methods. One of which was to log onto xbox live and download them. Anyway. Once you updated the games the original trainer didnt work for the game anymore. So authors came out with updated trainer versions for the updated games. You need to make sure that if you are using a game that has been updated, like you have ninja gaidens hurricane pack, that you have the correct trainer.
For now the best and easyiest thing to do would be to go get a differnet game that has no online access or updates and use a trainer for it. See if it works. Then come back and tell us if you still cant get the trainers to work. Just make sure you are using the right trainer. Dont use a PAL trainer for an NTSC game, that just wont work. So make sure you have the proper trainer versions for the game being used. And dont forget, if you update the games then the orig trainer most likely wont work anymore.

faithless358
09-14-2005, 11:24 AM
I hate to be such a newb about all this, but when I have any of my trainers enabled, along with tsr at normal, evox always freezes at the loading screen. I have followed the how-to exactly and its just not working. I have 3935, with the correct .ini, tried TSR on normal, and debug. All of the trainers are where they are supposed to be, I can see them all from evox, and enable/disable them. No matter what settings I use it freezes at the loading screen. Once I turn TSR off the game will load fine, but the trainer wont work. its an NTSC v1.6. Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks in advance
I am having the exact same problem. I have followed the instructions exactly tried it using tsr=debug too games freeze ont he loading screens! I think it is only for certain games too as i have pirate of the caribean and that laods fine but when i play lotr third age that freezes if i load up evox first!
please help!

faithless358
09-14-2005, 11:36 AM
scrap that i have got it working now!

GTAHH
09-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Hi,

I've gone crazy trying to get the ANY of the NFSU2 trainers to work.

I think my game is PAL and I've tried almost everything to turning on all the trainer options (all PAL and NTSC trainers were from Mikerowesoft's pack) to setting them one by one to setting the TSR to normal or debug to different regions and still no action once in game.

I dont know what could be wrong as previously the trainers worked and now they dont?

My evo X is 3955 and running the ext chip.

PLEASE HELP!

Hitmanx5
09-28-2005, 02:38 AM
I just want to add the I had to delete the 2 files in the /E/CACHE/ folder before any trainers would work. They are something to the effect of LocalCache00.bin and LocalCache08.bin. Delete these 2 files and reboot and new Cache will be writen. Then the trainers worked. Only had to do it one time on a softmodded box.

qsadzx
09-28-2005, 01:04 PM
i have a similar problem with etm files.

i will post every aspect of my xbox settings so it would be very clear.

i have installed evox form slayers evolution v2.6 distro (on c: and f: drive)
tsr is set to normal, igr is on, video is set to pal

i am playing games only from hdd.

now the problem: after i copy a specific etm file to c:\trainers (in this case is a trainer for Ninja Gaiden Black - Ntsc), when i restart the console, evox won't boot anymore. I mean the xbox boots, the green x logo appears, and immediatelly after it resets.

managed to repair the problem only by formating c: and reinstalling evox (reinstalling without formating c: will not solve the problem...it seems evox is blocked because of that particular etm file that is in trainers directoy. I think evox is parsing that directory at the beginning but resets because of that particular file).

i have had the same problem with at least 2 other trainers (Pop:WW and Phantom Dust), both of them running perfectly on my friends xbox (he has the same settings that i have)

it is even stranger that in some cases the trainers are working fine even for me (original Ninja Gaiden, Otogi 2 pal/ntsc)

Mars Cydonia
10-12-2005, 01:10 AM
i have a problem with Sonic Heros Trainer; i have searched in the forum but i havent found a solution for my problem.
The Fact is that when i enable sonic heroes trainer and then i lunch sonic heroes i get the evox loading screen and then xbox reboot.
If i disable the trainer and then lunch again SH xbox reboot again.
I have to turn-off xbox and then re-launch sonic heroes and finally work but without trainer.
I have a PAL XBOX, i have TSR and IGS Enabled; trainer is for PAL version of Sonic Heroes that I have but the strange version is that before that i had evox with Slayer.... this trainer work perfect but when i havechanged my HD and installed evox with AutoInstaller Deluxe the trainer has worked for a lot and then no more.
DO I have to reformat my HD to slove this problem?

eapraven69
10-12-2005, 04:06 PM
i downloaded the doom 3 +8 trainer from xbox-saves and it is a .xbe file. i tried to follow the instructions in the nfo file but my xbox locked up. i cant figure out how to install this and run it. is there a +8 etm file or do u have to run the xbe please someone help

sharkattack
10-17-2005, 08:48 PM
EDIT: never mind I fixed it :D

razkal1
10-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Any of the trainers for games newer than about six months ago will not work, but my older ones work and have always worked. Do I need to update my BIOS to get them working? I've never updated it now for about a year and a half (ain't broke so why fix it). Is there an alternative to updating the BIOS?

Neksta
11-02-2005, 02:36 AM
Hi, i have a problem, too (what a surprise :D ). when i start my xbox it normally boots xbmc, then i go through "my files" and start evox manually (which is located on F:/apps/evox). i activate the trainer (evt-kufh.etm) but when i start the game (through evox menu) the trainer seems like it doesn't have any effect at all. now, could it be, that the trainer doesn't work because i launch evox manually through xbmc ?
thx for the help

edit: allright, i could get it fixed by my own. i needed to set region to auto, now it works fine :D

guinnyss
11-09-2005, 07:47 PM
all my trainers work beside NFL STreet 2.. can someone help me to get this trainer to work.

guinnyss
11-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Man i see people with all kinds of problem and no one with solution. this place need more experts.. sorry guys i can't help.

jomy25
11-18-2005, 08:20 AM
I just want to add the I had to delete the 2 files in the /E/CACHE/ folder before any trainers would work. They are something to the effect of LocalCache00.bin and LocalCache08.bin. Delete these 2 files and reboot and new Cache will be writen. Then the trainers worked. Only had to do it one time on a softmodded box.

Thanks Hitmanx5! I was having trouble trying to get the trainers to work so I finally deleted the files in the E/CACHE/ folder and now they work. Not sure if the IGR and TSR have to be changed since this is the only thing that made the trainers work. :)

mikerowesoft
11-22-2005, 03:43 AM
I need everyone to take a minute and read this thread. Do not post to it, just read. Thank you all so much for your time and effort.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=12743

enferno
11-29-2005, 04:29 PM
I am, as well, having difficulties in running trainers on my xbox.

i used the mechassault gamesave exploit to install unleash x as my main dash.

then i used the AID, Auto Installer Deluxe, CD to installed various apps & dashboards.

my boot dash is UnleashX, so i run EvoX as an application. In EvoX, All of my trainers appear as they should, and TSR is NORMAL, and IGR is on. After These settings were changed, i rebooted my xbox, which loaded UnleashX, then loaded EvoX again. I opened up my trainers folder, found the trainer for MechAssault, turned on he desired options and enabled it, saved & exited. Then i rebooted my console once again, loaded EvoX, and ran MechAssault off of my HDD, and the trainer is ineffective.

could anyone shed some light on this please?

enferno
11-29-2005, 08:24 PM
I am, as well, having difficulties in running trainers on my xbox.

i used the mechassault gamesave exploit to install unleash x as my main dash.

then i used the AID, Auto Installer Deluxe, CD to installed various apps & dashboards.

my boot dash is UnleashX, so i run EvoX as an application. In EvoX, All of my trainers appear as they should, and TSR is NORMAL, and IGR is on. After These settings were changed, i rebooted my xbox, which loaded UnleashX, then loaded EvoX again. I opened up my trainers folder, found the trainer for MechAssault, turned on he desired options and enabled it, saved & exited. Then i rebooted my console once again, loaded EvoX, and ran MechAssault off of my HDD, and the trainer is ineffective.

could anyone shed some light on this please?

i set regioin to auto, and it works flawlessly now

jocode
11-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Can anybody tell me how to use xored (engine) and xored trainer at my xbox ( have already evox installed)

I usually use etm trainer, and now i want to use xored trainer.

Many thanks for your support!

Sauron
12-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Hi can someone help me??
I have some trainers, they all seems to work but the igk cheats.
an example: when i try mortal kombat: shaolin monks, i have infinite life and fatality but i cannot change the fatality level or characters.
same thing with stop timer cheat in burnout revenge...
do you have any ideas :confused:
thanks

Bamont
12-16-2005, 12:53 AM
if i were to install Evox through Mechassault would i still beable to use trainers? because ive tried this and i'm thinking im missing something, like something about a Evox M8+ Bios, what is this, is it a download without a chip or a preinstall for some kinda chip? if no chip is needed for this, would there be a way to download this Bio? :confused:

Bamont
12-16-2005, 01:27 AM
is a mod chip required for this to, or can a Created Dash handle the CD? :confused:

turbonegro
12-27-2005, 05:23 PM
i too am having lots of problems with the halo 2 trainer i am doin everythin right but when i go to play none of the infn ammo etc. are working hel pme

Skier987
12-31-2005, 09:59 AM
dont u have to rename the au to sumpthin else?

cletus1234
01-02-2006, 03:37 AM
ok i found this forza motorsport trainer right.First i unrar it and put in in a place.Then i ftp my xbox and put this etm. in there and then i roboot my xbox then go to my xbox,look in the trainers folder and i dont see it.WTF????!! :eek: :mad: :confused:

sampson9
01-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi
I cant get your trainers to work for halo 2. I have the executor 3ce mod chip, with evox dash and avalaunch dash. I have tried several of your ntsc versions. They show up in my trainer menu i enable them start the game and nothing. This is how i do it, I download your file to my desktop unzip the program using winzip, I burn it to a cd-rw. Then i use my avalaunch file manager to transfer the file from the d drive to my trainers folder in my c drive, reboot. Then i open my evox dashboard enable the codes i want save and exit. put my tsr to normal my igr to yes, load the game and try it. I read on a post somewhere that the new multiplayer map download will screw up the trainers or is that only for softmodded xbox's. what program can i use to extract files from a "rar." file???

Please help

biggieandmoe
01-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Hi can someone help me??
I have some trainers, they all seems to work but the igk cheats.
an example: when i try mortal kombat: shaolin monks, i have infinite life and fatality but i cannot change the fatality level or characters.
same thing with stop timer cheat in burnout revenge...
do you have any ideas :confused:
thanks
for In Game Keys, you need to enable it and press it during gameplay. For example, if the IGK was Left thumbstick plus dpad up, then while playing the game, click Left thumbstick and hold it and while holding it, press up on the dpad. it will work. Post back if it doesn't.

if i were to install Evox through Mechassault would i still beable to use trainers? because ive tried this and i'm thinking im missing something, like something about a Evox M8+ Bios, what is this, is it a download without a chip or a preinstall for some kinda chip? if no chip is needed for this, would there be a way to download this Bio? :confused:

For trainers, you don't need evox anymore. Xored made an app that will work with any dashboard. Just download the app from the torrent or from the usual places. It will have all the directions needed. If you need anymorehelp,post back.

is a mod chip required for this to, or can a Created Dash handle the CD? :confused:

See above answer. You will need a modded xbox though.

i too am having lots of problems with the halo 2 trainer i am doin everythin right but when i go to play none of the infn ammo etc. are working hel pme

Make sure have the right trainer version. There are two trainer versions and three halo 2 updates. When you load up Halo 2, do you see a 1.1 at the bottom right or do you see nothing there. If it is nothing, then you need original version, but if you see 1.1, you need the 1.1 version. I you have the latest update, the trainers will not work. Sorry, but it won't work due to different xbes.

ok i found this forza motorsport trainer right.First i unrar it and put in in a place.Then i ftp my xbox and put this etm. in there and then i roboot my xbox then go to my xbox,look in the trainers folder and i dont see it.WTF????!! :eek: :mad: :confused: Did you put it in C:Trainers? If you didn't, then you need to. If you did, then I don't know why, I'm sorry.

Hi
I cant get your trainers to work for halo 2. I have the executor 3ce mod chip, with evox dash and avalaunch dash. I have tried several of your ntsc versions. They show up in my trainer menu i enable them start the game and nothing. This is how i do it, I download your file to my desktop unzip the program using winzip, I burn it to a cd-rw. Then i use my avalaunch file manager to transfer the file from the d drive to my trainers folder in my c drive, reboot. Then i open my evox dashboard enable the codes i want save and exit. put my tsr to normal my igr to yes, load the game and try it. I read on a post somewhere that the new multiplayer map download will screw up the trainers or is that only for softmodded xbox's. what program can i use to extract files from a "rar." file???

Please help

See above post about Halo 2. You will need winrar to extract rar files. I don't know about the maps making halo 2 not work though.

Hope this helps all. I'm sorry you have had to wait for so long for a reply. Post back if you need more help or pm or email me.

cellshaded
01-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Good response by biggieandmoe.
On the Halo 2 subject about havign 1.1 or latest, use the Halo 2 Version Launcher, founder here or look on net.

sampson9
01-21-2006, 10:50 PM
will the latest updates from xbox live only affect the halo2 trainers or all of them???

biggieandmoe
01-22-2006, 12:59 AM
will the latest updates from xbox live only affect the halo2 trainers or all of them???
I really don't know. I've never used live.

cellshaded
01-22-2006, 01:58 AM
Xbox Live update no, Halo 2 Update or Map Pack yes, even though in map pack it won't tell you it's in 1.2 it will still tell 1.1 but it's really 1.2 so you will need the Halo 2 Version Launcher.

eapraven69
01-24-2006, 05:02 AM
how do u use the .xbtf file? is there a program i need to use it? please help

biggieandmoe
01-24-2006, 06:12 PM
how do u use the .xbtf file? is there a program i need to use it? please help
You will need the Xored Engine.

TheSchonk
01-28-2006, 06:28 PM
I have the x2 bios. I turned tsr to normal and igr to yes. I rebooted the xbox and selected the ceats that I wanted for prince of persia T2T ntsc and then I booted prince of persia T2T ntsc. When I played the game none of the trainers worked. I also tryed other games too and diffrent trainer engines, like the new XBMC and xored. Could someone walk me through this please?

FamilyGuyX
02-09-2006, 12:23 PM
is there a way to copy trainers from a DVD to XBox?

biggieandmoe
02-10-2006, 12:23 AM
is there a way to copy trainers from a DVD to XBox?
Yes there is. Use a cdrw, it's better. follow this link and look for my post on how to do it. http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=2270&page=3

FamilyGuyX
02-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Yes there is. Use a cdrw, it's better. follow this link and look for my post on how to do it. http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=2270&page=3

Thanks, it helped me alot. I also found a similar guide online with some pics, and there was a shoot out to you in it

ndutyme
02-11-2006, 06:44 PM
is there a way to convert PAL trainers to NTSC, or a way for me to use them...PAL trainers don't seem to work for me!

biggieandmoe
02-11-2006, 10:39 PM
is there a way to convert PAL trainers to NTSC, or a way for me to use them...PAL trainers don't seem to work for me!
Sorry there isn't. Some pal trainers will work on ntsc games though. I think that the Xored Engine lets you use pal trainers on ntsc games, but I'm not sure.

FamilyGuyX
02-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks, it helped me alot. I also found a similar guide online with some pics, and there was a shoot out to you in it

Here is what he sent me from the site, I got a little confused with the C: Drive, D: Drive, and F: Drive he mentions at the end, but he explained it to me on MSN messsenger, i'll add the Rar file in a second

ndutyme
02-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Sorry there isn't. Some pal trainers will work on ntsc games though. I think that the Xored Engine lets you use pal trainers on ntsc games, but I'm not sure.
thanks biggie...does anyone know if this is true?

Neiso
03-01-2006, 09:39 PM
If I don't have Halo 2 on my HD am i able to use the "Halo 2 Launcher" and if so how?
I am running 3935 v of Evox. Softmodded Xbox.
TSR= Normal

J35TE12
03-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Hello, Im sort of a n3wb to the whole modded XBOX scene as i just got mine modded, im playing forza and would like to know how to get that one to work, its recognized on my HDD of my EVOX dash in the trainer menus, i can run forza with out the game freezing, but how do i activate the trainer? (from in game as i have turned the options in the trainer itself to on) i figure IGK-In Game Key, both thumbs sticks depressed in, but @ what point in time should i activate it? or what would be a step by step of getting this to work? lol i just want the lvl50 rank so i can race the ferrari f333 as seen here
f333 (http://autonews.whatodo.ru/bestcars/cars/ferrari/f333/f1.jpg) such a crazy car any help would be greatly appreciated, as i am a lurker turned member.
cont..... ok so i tried searching 1 last time for anything that could assist me with this issue, and the only thinig that i think could be causing an issue, is that i think i have the NTSC version, and the trainer for forza is a PAL version, also it comes out of the folder as .etm, but as i said b4, i have unpacked ur trainer packages, and loaded the trainer into the trainer folder located @ c:\dash\trainers. it appears in the evox dash under trainers and i can toggle the options for the trainers on and off, i have all of them set to on, i just dont know how to activate it from in game and make it work. maybe if u have the time to help this poor n3wb out with a "trainer walkthru" lol cus im stumped tried for about 8 hrs so far to get it to work, still natta. Thanks for ur time

biggieandmoe
03-13-2006, 02:00 AM
Hello, Im sort of a n3wb to the whole modded XBOX scene as i just got mine modded, im playing forza and would like to know how to get that one to work, its recognized on my HDD of my EVOX dash in the trainer menus, i can run forza with out the game freezing, but how do i activate the trainer? (from in game as i have turned the options in the trainer itself to on) i figure IGK-In Game Key, both thumbs sticks depressed in, but @ what point in time should i activate it? or what would be a step by step of getting this to work? lol i just want the lvl50 rank so i can race the ferrari f333 as seen here
f333 (http://autonews.whatodo.ru/bestcars/cars/ferrari/f333/f1.jpg) such a crazy car any help would be greatly appreciated, as i am a lurker turned member.
cont..... ok so i tried searching 1 last time for anything that could assist me with this issue, and the only thinig that i think could be causing an issue, is that i think i have the NTSC version of forza, and the trainer for forza is a PAL version, also it comes out of the folder as .etm, but as i said b4, i have unpacked ur trainer packages, and loaded the trainer into the trainer folder located @ c:\dash\trainers. it appears in the evox dash under trainers and i can toggle the options for the trainers on and off, i have all of them set to on, i just dont know how to activate it from in game and make it work. maybe if u have the time to help this poor n3wb out with a "trainer walkthru" lol cus im stumped tried for about 8 hrs so far to get it to work, still natta. Thanks for ur time

Ummm, hi. I can help you.Now you said that you are looking to make the option "Level 50" work. Now can you copy and paste the nfo or something so that I can look at it

EDIT: Okay, I looked at the nfo and this is what you have to do. It'll take a few minutes. Enable the option 1 lap and level 50. Pick a very easy race. Now before you select the race, hold both thumbsticks down and let go. Then pick any car and beat the race. After beating the race, you sould have level 50. Hope that works. If not, then repost or pm me or catch me on msn or aim, username biggieandmoe

J35TE12
03-13-2006, 10:55 AM
now, i have been trying to get this to work in career mode, will it only work in like free run or arcade? cus u said depress thumbs b4 u select the race, then select the race, then choose a car... in career u pick a series then a race, and usually u already have a car ready to go so that confused me as to whether it should be done in career or arcade, or free run im trying all 3 thanks for the fast response, i will come back to post soon pending the result of the trials lol brb thnx

J35TE12
03-13-2006, 06:05 PM
:cool: Terrific, it works, thanks very much, now to beat that p1 lvl 50 championship, on the last race now, nurburgring (http://home3.swipnet.se/~w-32546/nbring/images/Karta2.gif) must complete a successful lap of that and ferrari f333 4tw :D keep up the great work guys, and again thanks again to all for your contributions to this forumns and to the trainer d00ds XD
SJ

biggieandmoe
03-13-2006, 11:56 PM
:cool: Terrific, it works, thanks very much, now to beat that p1 lvl 50 championship, on the last race now, nurburgring (http://home3.swipnet.se/~w-32546/nbring/images/Karta2.gif) must complete a successful lap of that and ferrari f333 4tw :D keep up the great work guys, and again thanks again to all for your contributions to this forumns and to the trainer d00ds XD
SJ
no problem. Glad I could help. if you ave any more questions, don't hesitate to ask

Nyxos666
04-08-2006, 11:18 PM
hey thanx for the help with the trainers, but i was wandering if there was/is any way for me to put the trainers on2 CDRW & load them on from there?
if there is that would b of gr8 help. thanx

Engreido
04-12-2006, 12:29 AM
WHassup,

After checking the tutorial in the first page i am sure that i have everything required but I cant get none of the trainers to work. I followed the tutorial step by step using different games just in case but they dont work. I even installed Xored Mini Launcher Engine(I installed it under Applications, not sure if the location matters) and still nothing. Is there something elese I need to do after selecting the games to activate them? Your assistance would be apprecitated.

biggieandmoe
04-12-2006, 02:09 PM
hey thanx for the help with the trainers, but i was wandering if there was/is any way for me to put the trainers on2 CDRW & load them on from there?
if there is that would b of gr8 help. thanx
Yes, you can just burn them onto a cdrw and load them that way. I wrote a small tut

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=2270&page=3

or you can just scrool up a little and download the rar file and there is another tut by someone else. It's your choice

gaara2k5
04-20-2006, 12:47 PM
when i set TSR to normal and start Fable TLC i get only black and white colors and my controller stopts working.

kanttouchthis
04-24-2006, 04:53 PM
I see the "Trainers" option on my dashboard, but theres nothing in it, even though I put some there... :eek: :confused:

biggieandmoe
04-24-2006, 11:27 PM
I see the "Trainers" option on my dashboard, but theres nothing in it, even though I put some there... :eek: :confused:

Make sure your trainer folder is in your C: drive. If it is, then simply move the whole trainer folder to another drive and reboot your xbox. Then put your trainer folder back into your C: drive. Hope that works

str33tboi
05-08-2006, 12:52 AM
I got an modded XBOX(can play pirated games)from by friend.
but i hav 1 problem....i cant FTP frm my PC to XBOX

my xbox hav 1 small "EVO X" logo at e top-left-hand corner : Does tis mean tat my xbox is alreadi installed with EVOX?? but i use flashFXP cant FTP lei....
how come??? how to connect???

If NO(not install with EVOX): Than how to install??
And wat does flashing mean?? does it hav e same meaning as modding??

Thank You

master kowc
07-30-2006, 05:16 PM
cani geta link to download xored?

master kowc
07-30-2006, 07:18 PM
What if the trainers folder doesn't show up in the FTP? btw my xbox wassoftmodded ussing splinter cell, i read softmods can use xerod to get the trainers to show up, where do i put the xerod?

chielaccpro
08-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Hello fellas'! Im new around here! I bought a cd for the xbox

and guess what, It contains game trainers!!
Its a cd full of trainers and so my question is..

can i make a trainer cd/dvd by my own using the downloadable trainers on the site?? :confused:

mcchurd
08-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I am having trouble using any of the trainers I have.
I have tried them under Evox and using Xored v2.2 under Evox and under other dashboards. I think I have my settings correct as per various posts here and on other boards. They are as follows:
TSR= Normal
IGR= On
I have also played around with video settings between Auto and North America.
All the games I have are for NTSC and all of my trainers are also for NTSC.
Any help would be welcomed. Thanks.

Zhane
09-04-2006, 06:45 AM
Alright, a little help here, for someone who doesn't really no much about trainers. (someone else installed both the mod, and the trainers)

One of the trainers on my Xbox is MK Deception (NTSC +14) and yet, when I turn them on, and play the game, they dont register at all. Thought it may have been because I was playing on the actual disk, so I even burned it onto the HD, to no avail.

What exactly is the problem? I recently bought the game, would that have anything to do with it? A little help please, as I mainly want the unplayable characters.

meo
09-07-2006, 08:22 AM

Thankyou! put a new HD in my sons box and none of his old trainers worked.. deleted the 2 files and .. works great now

Salarian
09-28-2006, 09:51 PM
I downloaded a Trainer Archive with over 3000 trainers in it. I burned them onto a CDRW and then copied then to my C:\Trainer folder. At first I did make another directory in the Trainer Folder but nothing is in it. I didn't delete that new folder. When I went to reboot the system it would come up with the XBox Loading screen with EvoX up in the corner. Once Microsoft loaded at the bottom of the screen it would reboot and it keeps on doing this continuous loop. Is there anyways, I can get into the drive to delete these new Items I added into the Trainers folder.

lilman5668
10-03-2006, 06:45 PM
for some reason the only trainer i can get to work is nfsmw(need for speed most wanted) i have a halo 2 one and splinter cell CT one. i have done all the thing that i was told on other forums and this one, so u guys are my last hope. the main trainer i cant work is Halo 2 it's really pissing me off. so please help me thanks. o im running EVOX +3935:mad:

Riff-Raff
10-03-2006, 07:50 PM
for some reason the only trainer i can get to work is nfsmw(need for speed most wanted) i have a halo 2 one and splinter cell CT one. i have done all the thing that i was told on other forums and this one, so u guys are my last hope. the main trainer i cant work is Halo 2 it's really pissing me off. so please help me thanks. o im running EVOX +3935:mad:
Since you are using evox to load trainers, make sure you go to the other trainers you have used and turn all of the options off then save and exit. Evox has trouble sometimes running a trainer with other trainers options on, meaning only one trainer can have options enabled at a time, when you are done using that trainer, turn all those options off before using another trainer. Also make sure TSR is off under evox system settings. Other than that you can use the xored trainer launcher. It doesn't have the same restrictions as evox. Hope some of the info was helpful.:)

lilman5668
10-03-2006, 09:29 PM
thanks for the reply man i will get back 2 u if it worked or didnt:)

lilman5668
10-03-2006, 10:48 PM
THAT DIDNT WORK EITHER IM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS STUPID ASS HALO 2 TRAINER STUFF NOT WORKING NEED FOR SPEED WORKS WHY WONT HALO 2. PLEASE HELP ME I NEED HELP HALO 2 TRAINER DOES NOT WORK FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

lilman5668
10-04-2006, 05:48 PM
can someone help me please i've calmed down now and am ready to recieve halp:cool:

lilman5668
10-04-2006, 09:41 PM
wow u guys sure are helpful i'll remember this:rolleyes:

EJCamacho2006
10-17-2006, 05:56 PM
so far I cant get any halo 2 or dead or alive ultimate trainers to work please help

EJCamacho2006
10-17-2006, 06:31 PM
never mind I just found out that auto updates mess everything up

one_ugly_muthaF
11-16-2006, 12:10 AM
I have Evox 3935 on my xbox,but it doesn't ave the "trainers" section in the evox.ini file? Can I just add the line in it or do I need to find another evox.ini file or do I need to re-install evox?

seanthemaster
11-19-2006, 12:22 AM
[i did every thing u said and i got the trainer to work but when i load the game it does not work.i am useing a trainer for halo 2:confused:

watupgroupie
12-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Hi i'm new to all this trainer stuff and having problems. I got a evox.ini with the trainer folder on the menu but when i open it up all it say's is "sorry trainers". this is my menu section in my evox.ini file
[Menu]

Section "Root"
{
Section "Games"
{
AutoAddItem "e:\games\"
AutoAddItem "f:\games\"
SortAll
}
Section "Applications"
{
AutoAddItem "e:\apps\"
AutoAddItem "f:\apps\"
SortAll
}
Item "Launch DVD",ID_Launch_DVD
Item "MS Dashboard",ID_MS_Dash
Section "System Utils"
{
Item "Settings",ID_Settings
Item "Flash BIOS",ID_Flash_Bios
Item "Backup",ID_Backup
Item "Skins",ID_Skins
}
Item "Reboot",ID_Quick_Reboot
Item "Power Off",ID_Power_Off
}

Oh and i have made a folder called "trainers" in the root of the c drive and the e drive with a trainer in it but nothing shows up please help.

liam wylie
04-23-2007, 06:41 AM
yo Goku i have all that sorted but in (12) i cant find the save and exit option in that what is it?

banana_guy
07-14-2007, 03:58 PM
I seem to have the same problem as watupgroupie.

This is in my menu option.

Section "Root"
{
Item "Launch DVD",ID_Launch_DVD
Section "Games on HD"
{
Line "- Games on HD -",2
AutoAddItem "E:\GAMES\"
AutoAddItem "E:\HDDLoader\"
AutoAddItem "f:\GAMES\"
AutoAddItem "f:\HDDLoader\"
AutoAddItem "g:\GAMES\"
AutoAddItem "g:\HDDLoader\"
SortAll
}
Section "Applications"
{

SortStart
AutoAddItem "e:\Apps\"
AutoAddItem "f:\Apps\"
AutoAddItem "g:\Apps\"
SortEnd
}
Section "Emulators"
{

SortStart
AutoAddItem "e:\emulators\"
AutoAddItem "f:\emulators\"
AutoAddItem "g:\emulators\"
SortEnd
}

Item "M$ Dashboard",ID_MS_Dash

Section "System management"
{

Item "skins",ID_Skins
# Item "M$ Dashboard",ID_MS_Dash
Item "System settings",ID_Settings
# Item "Flash BIOS",@1
Item "Backup",ID_Backup
}
Item "Reboot",ID_Quick_Reboot
Item "Power off",ID_Power_Off
}

deathmule
08-05-2007, 07:37 AM
edit 4 get it

watupgroupie
05-04-2008, 08:27 PM
[i did every thing u said and i got the trainer to work but when i load the game it does not work.i am useing a trainer for halo 2
Look for the yelo halo 2 trainer and use that. Plus its got some goodies I think you'll like ;)

a_b249
05-24-2008, 08:56 PM
is it possible to work trainers for a game being played on the dvd drive?
cuz all my trainers are disabled, and metal arms still dont work..
j/w

lazeray
07-20-2008, 02:10 AM
Just saying HI!

CSPTT
02-12-2009, 05:38 PM
I dont know why but it dosent work?