PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial : How to install PSN Games for the Cobra ODE

freddy75
10-08-2013, 06:36 PM
How to install PSN games for the Cobra ODE.

deank has recently updated his amazing Backup manager to support folder creation under dev_hdd0/game/
Now it is possible to create the folders needed for cracked PSN titles and allow them to appear on a OFW PS3.

Download the latest version of multiMan here :
multiMAN 4.50.01 BASE with SHOWTIME4MM (for BD-R and ODE).iso (27MB)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q3qcxe

Download and extract the PSN game you wish to install.
For this tutorial i will be using " Flashback PSN PS3-DUPLEX "
http://i40.tinypic.com/2889j09.jpg
After extraction i am left with two files :
duplex-flashback.pkg
duplex-flashback.crack.pkg
http://i40.tinypic.com/257et8g.jpg

Open PKGView 1.3 and use it to open main PKG file. ( File/Open/ and navigate to the PKG files )
Right Click on the main folder at the top of the structure and select Extract to source folder.
Once extracted do the same for the cracked PKG duplex-flashback.crack.pkg
http://i42.tinypic.com/14wa6va.jpg

Next we need to merge the two folders.
Copy the Extracted Crack PKG folder NPEB01417 and paste it over the original Flashback PKG folder NPEB01417.
You will be asked if you want to copy and replace the files during the merge select OK .
When everything is merged you will be able to copy the merged NPEB01417 to a FAT32 Formatted USB Stick.

Insert your FAT32 formatted USB stick which contains the files to your cracked PSN game
in one of the front USB ports of your PS3.

Launch Multiman and navigate to "File Manager / mmOS" and press X
http://i42.tinypic.com/epkmlc.jpg
Highlight PS3 Root and double tap X
http://i40.tinypic.com/2ah5j11.jpg
In the root head to /dev_hhd0/ Double tap X
Navigate to /game/ Double tap X

You should now see a list of installed folders ( Depending on what you have installed on your PS3 )
At the top of the list press "O" and you will be asked to "Create New Folder" Press X to confirm
Then use the "on screen keyboard" to type the name of the game , File name stucture is important
so i suggest you use the same name as the folder that you unpacked from the PKG file(s)
(So for Flashback it would be a folder called NPEB01417)

Go back to the root of the PS3 in mM OS and select dev_usb00X (X = the port number of your PS3)
You should now see the NPEB01417 folder with the cracked content. Press O and select copy then navigate back to dev_hdd0/game/ and select paste by pressing O again.
Wait for the process to finish copying the files to the PS3 and shut down the PS3.

Next we enter recovery mode to rebuild the data base :
Press and Hold the PS3 Power button and keep it held down until it turns off .
Press and hold the PS3 Power button again until the PS3 makes a Two Beeps sound .
You should now be entering recovery mode follow the onscreen prompts and select the "rebuild database" option.
Let the rebuild complete and your PSN game should be available under the game section.

*Important notes*
Some games that need access to other locations still will not work using this method.
This will only work on games that require all files to be copied to dev_hdd0/game/ folder

Thanks to deank for his work on multiMan and a big shout out to PS3Crunch member kamingrandeu for help on the final piece of the puzzle :)
Awesome work guys.

bearded
10-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Awesome walkthrough! You said the drive containing the psh game needs to be in fat32 format, NTFS doors not work?

freddy75
10-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Awesome walkthrough! You said the drive containing the psh game needs to be in fat32 format, NTFS doors not work?

The front PS3 USB ports does not support NTFS drives and must be in FAT32 format.
I'm 99.9% sure of this but you can test it for yourself.

bearded
10-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Well, it definitely explains why all the NTFS drives I've plugged in aren't recognized!

freddy75
10-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Well, it definitely explains why all the NTFS drives I've plugged in aren't recognized!

That limitation may of been lifted for those running Custom Firmware but on OFW we are stuck with FAT32 :(

parenghames
10-08-2013, 10:44 PM
wow!! this is great, freddy! so will this work on dlc as well? if yes, you might need to update the tutorial or merge this forum together.

allanyyb
10-09-2013, 01:30 AM
Freddy, thank you for your great work.

deank
10-09-2013, 01:45 AM
That limitation may of been lifted for those running Custom Firmware but on OFW we are stuck with FAT32 :(

multiMAN supports NTFS if you create a proper USB.CFG file with the PID/VID of your ntfs drive. It should work on OFW, too. The difference with CFW setup is that on CFW mM is able to detect the pid/vid and may not need USB.CFG.

freddy75
10-09-2013, 05:16 AM
wow!! this is great, freddy! so will this work on dlc as well? if yes, you might need to update the tutorial or merge this forum together.
Yes , you could use this tutorial for DLC aswell. Infact the reason why Cobra ODE users wanted folder creation in multiMan was to create a folder for "The Last of Us DLC" and thanks to deank it is now possible and fully working.

Freddy, thank you for your great work.
I'm always happy to help out whenever i can. I hope you find the posts useful allanybb.

allanyyb
10-09-2013, 07:37 AM
when i got home, i tried "Moon Diver" in first time.
It's a cracked PSN game, in pkg form.
I extracted it by pkgview 1.3, then created a folder named "NPUB30345" in the /dev_hhd0/game/ with mM 4.50.01.
then copied the extracted folder to ps3.
then i rebuild the data base.
Now i can see the "MOON DIVER" under the game section.
But when i run this game, i got a "80010017"
there is a original disc (God of War Collection) in the BD drive.

what can i do next?

freddy75
10-09-2013, 07:56 AM
I extracted it by pkgview 1.3, then created a folder named "NPUB30345" in the /dev_hhd0/game/ with mM 4.50.01.

what can i do next?

I've not tried Moon Diver and i was struggling to find a link for it so i could test it myself ..... If i find it i will give it a try.
*EDIT* The only links i can find have all been modified for 3.55 FW .... Perhaps you have a modded version of the PKG file.
If the NFO file asks you to install a fix or edat file to location /dev_hdd0/home/00000001/exdata/ then it will not work either.

In recovery mode Try restore file system then rebuild database and see if that helps.

@ Forum staff .... Thanks for my 2nd Sticky :)

bearded
10-09-2013, 07:00 PM
@freddy - is it at all possible to get PSN games working by not installing to internal HDD?

Can isos be made from them, or does mM have a feature (maybe not working yet) that can spoof an external HDD to look like the internal drive?

I ask because I only have a 20gb internal drive in the ps3 and between games installs and saves, there is little room left.

freddy75
10-09-2013, 07:31 PM
@freddy - is it at all possible to get PSN games working by not installing to internal HDD?

Sixaxis have recently released several PSN games in ISO format and the 3k3y Ripp3r tool has a option to convert PSN games into ISO format.
They can be played from the external HDD without installing.

I'm not sure that all games are compatible with this method but the ones from Sixaxis seemed to work great.

The following are available :

Skydive Proximity Flight USA PSN PS3-SiXAXiS

Ms Germinator EU PSN PS3-SiXAXiS

Lone Survivour The Directors Cut USA PSN PS3-SiXAXiS

Hotline Miami USA PSN PS3-SiXAXiS

Braid USA PSN PS3-SiXAXiS

3D Ultra Mini Golf Adventures 2 USA PSN PS3-SiXAXiS

Urban Trial Freestyle EUR PSN PS3-SiXAXiS

You will need to extract the ISO using winrar then rebuild the ISO with GenPS3iso.

bearded
10-09-2013, 08:02 PM
I got the SixAxis Braid version and after rebuilding the iso in Gen it worked.

Could this be applied to non sixaxis releases?

Take game folder structure and build iso in ripp3r using psh to iso option
Then extracting and rebuilding in Gen?

freddy75
10-09-2013, 08:53 PM
I got the SixAxis Braid version and after rebuilding the iso in Gen it worked.

Could this be applied to non sixaxis releases?

Take game folder structure and build iso in ripp3r using psh to iso option
Then extracting and rebuilding in Gen?

I tried this with the Duplex release of Flashback and i could not get it to work.... It should work, maybe i will try some more games tomorrow.

allanyyb
10-09-2013, 09:57 PM
I've not tried Moon Diver and i was struggling to find a link for it so i could test it myself ..... If i find it i will give it a try.
*EDIT* The only links i can find have all been modified for 3.55 FW .... Perhaps you have a modded version of the PKG file.
If the NFO file asks you to install a fix or edat file to location /dev_hdd0/home/00000001/exdata/ then it will not work either.

In recovery mode Try restore file system then rebuild database and see if that helps.

@ Forum staff .... Thanks for my 2nd Sticky :)

Is that mean Cobra cannot run PSN games resigned for 3.55 FW?
So I can only choose PSN games which cracked and base on 4.xx FW?

Grant Houle
10-10-2013, 01:34 AM

what can i do next?

I had the same problem with rain. Followed the tutorial, but when I try to run the game I get error 80010017

freddy75
10-10-2013, 08:14 AM
I had the same problem with rain. Followed the tutorial, but when I try to run the game I get error 80010017
RAIN = Same error for me 80010017..... Let me test a few things and i will get back to you.

*EDIT*
I see from looking at the folder structure that the DUPLEX release of Rain does contain modified EBOOT's and a ORGINAL EBOOT.BIN that needs to be renamed *Sigh*
There is a EBOOT inside of the original PKG , One inside the USRDIR of the crack PKG and one more renamed to EBOOT_org.BIN

The replacement SFO seems to be unmodded.... I tried switching the EBOOT.BIN Files with the originals without success.

Did anyone try to convert this to a ISO using the 3k3y Ripp3r ?
Try with all 3 Eboot.bin files (Seperatly) and rebuild with GenPS3iso.... It might work.

*EDIT*
I'm trying a few other things but so far no luck .... So frustrating when the Duplex version of Flashback works perfectly but their release of Rain fails.

*EDIT 2*
I created 3 NPEA00394 folders using each of the 3 EBOOT.BIN files. I copied each one to the PS3 - 2 failed with the error number 80010017 and one said i needed a updated licence to play.

So the Eboot is not the issue .... One of these Eboots should work.
multiman failed to copy over the files on the first attempt giving a error message and aborting the transfer.
I switched to CAFM and the folders copied over fine but still does not work.

*EDIT 3*
I have officially given up on trying to get this game working lol

Grant Houle
10-10-2013, 06:52 PM
RAIN = Same error for me 80010017..... Let me test a few things and i will get back to you.

*EDIT*
I see from looking at the folder structure that the DUPLEX release of Rain does contain modified EBOOT's and a ORGINAL EBOOT.BIN that needs to be renamed *Sigh*
There is a EBOOT inside of the original PKG , One inside the USRDIR of the crack PKG and one more renamed to EBOOT_org.BIN

The replacement SFO seems to be unmodded.... I tried switching the EBOOT.BIN Files with the originals without success.

Did anyone try to convert this to a ISO using the 3k3y Ripp3r ?
Try with all 3 Eboot.bin files (Seperatly) and rebuild with GenPS3iso.... It might work.

*EDIT*
I'm trying a few other things but so far no luck .... So frustrating when the Duplex version of Flashback works perfectly but their release of Rain fails.

*EDIT 2*
I created 3 NPEA00394 folders using each of the 3 EBOOT.BIN files. I copied each one to the PS3 - 2 failed with the error number 80010017 and one said i needed a updated licence to play.

So the Eboot is not the issue .... One of these Eboots should work.
multiman failed to copy over the files on the first attempt giving a error message and aborting the transfer.
I switched to CAFM and the folders copied over fine but still does not work.

*EDIT 3*
I have officially given up on trying to get this game working lol

So it wasn't just me. Frustrating...

freddy75
10-10-2013, 07:00 PM
So it wasn't just me. Frustrating...
I tried almost everything .... The game looks good aswell , Maybe someone will get it running.

bearded
10-10-2013, 10:22 PM
I tried almost everything .... The game looks good aswell , Maybe someone will get it running.

Collateral released a repack of Two Souls today. Is on IPT Freddy. From the. NFO

[QUOTE Notes:
Languages: Eng*, Fre*, Ger*, Ita*, Dan, Fin, Nor, Swe
(*languages with full audio support)

Tested on CFW 4.50 internal HDD with BDmirror enabled
_ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ ___

Repack Notes:
Sorry about that. Something wrong with winrar compression. Someone get
it work and someone not. If you had problem with the first release get
this repack.[/QUOTE]

I expect to see a lot more repacks released now that groups have to put something out that will have to work for CFW and OFW firmwares.

jack3r
10-12-2013, 06:52 PM
not working stays at that screen 4043

bearded
10-12-2013, 07:26 PM
What's that?

SDeath
10-13-2013, 12:38 AM
What's that?

Looks like a MultiMAN logo!?

bearded
10-13-2013, 01:36 AM
Looks like a MultiMAN logo!?
I thought he had a poltergeist.

On thread related topic, I've been trying to do make a lot of psn games into .isos. I was using the normal method of unpacking the .pkg files and then merging them, then using. IsoRipper to make an unencrypted iso, and then making an iso from there using GenPS3ISO.

Moderate success, except for the new sixaxis releases which are quicker and always work.

I spent all day trying to get several Duplex PSN releases to work using several methods, and none if them worked.

I was lying in bed and had an idea to try it another way, so I got up and worked on Atomic Ninjas (because it's small files and I work in the morning.)

So, I got it working! Unfortunately that release had an .edat file with long character string in the crack.pkg, so it only played in a demo mode. I assume that would have gotten copied over to internal hdd if i was on custom firmware.

The method may not be a "stealth release" but I never play online and like using my cobra for playing games rather then having to waste my precious 20g internal HDD.

Tomorrow after work I am going to use the same technique on Flashback and Rain, and if they work, I'll do a full tutorial.

Ii also tried the PS3_Extra software magneto recommended and added some .pkg files to a working game iso, but it did not allow installation of them. Intend on looking more into what that software can do,

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have good news!

super1bat
10-13-2013, 09:51 AM
how to install Multiman ?
where should I put the Multiman iso and how I can get it work on the ps3 ?

thanks

edit: anyone tried killzone hd ?

freddy75
10-13-2013, 12:54 PM
how to install Multiman ?
where should I put the Multiman iso and how I can get it work on the ps3 ?

Rename to manager.iso just like the Cobra Manager and replace the Cobra Manager.

asapreta
10-13-2013, 01:38 PM
You can use multiman.ISO as a regular game on PS3_GAMES folder.

Also the mentioned version of multiMAN requires the console to be on the 4.50 OFW!

I've just made (authorized) a PT-BR version of this guide. It works flawlessly

PT-BR:http://www.asapreta.com/2013/10/13/cobra-ode-guia-instalando-jogos-psn-dlc/
EN-US (translated): http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.asapreta.com%2F2013%2F10%2F13%2 Fcobra-ode-guia-instalando-jogos-psn-dlc%2F

super1bat
10-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Rename to manager.iso just like the Cobra Manager and replace the Cobra Manager.

So I'll not have Cobra Manager right ?
what about Cobra Browser ?

the risk of getting ban will it increase using multiman ?

thanks

edit: and which is better to rename Multiman to manager.iso or use multiman.ISO as a game ?

asapreta
10-13-2013, 08:19 PM
not working stays at that screen 4043

You need to be on OFW 4.50 to use the multiMAN listed on the guide.

super1bat
10-13-2013, 11:43 PM

I got the same problem when I use multiman.ISO as a game, after the installation it say's (the install is incomplete please install base or full) something like that
then I get the same logo and in the bottom it say ( X Enter ) I'm pressing X and nothing is happening.

when I replace it with Cobra Manager as manager.iso, after the installation I only get the logo and there is noting else.

I have ofw 4.50.

any help ?

thanks

anyone ?

jack3r
10-15-2013, 05:50 PM

I have OFW 4.50 and COBRA 1.5

asapreta
10-15-2013, 08:01 PM
I have OFW 4.50 and COBRA 1.5

I got the same problem when I use multiman.ISO as a game, after the installation it say's (the install is incomplete please install base or full) something like that
then I get the same logo and in the bottom it say ( X Enter ) I'm pressing X and nothing is happening.

when I replace it with Cobra Manager as manager.iso, after the installation I only get the logo and there is noting else.

I have ofw 4.50.

any help ?

thanks

Please try multiMAN 4.46 (the 1.3 version). It will work.
Something is not ok on 4.50.01 too.

super1bat
10-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Please try multiMAN 4.46 (the 1.3 version). It will work.
Something is not ok on 4.50.01 too.

thanks multiMAN 4.46 works but there is another problem,
when I copy the game folder from dev_usb00X and paste it to dev_hdd0/game/
I get (do you want to copy the selected folders?) after I confirm by pressing X
I get this error ( Operation failed or canceled )

kamingrandeu
10-15-2013, 09:17 PM
The folder creation on /hdd0/game only works on 4.50 MM version...

super1bat
10-15-2013, 09:46 PM

unfortunately it doesn't work :(

nanvsnan1983
10-16-2013, 05:53 AM
I have the same problem with super1bat.
So I think Deank"s MM 4.50 for ODE have a bug as boot MM crashed ICON can not use!
Maybe wait MM 4.50.2? for ODE fixed version.

asapreta
10-16-2013, 07:01 AM

I do think this 4.50.01/02 version is buggy.
And now, for some unknown reason its working after I used the 4.46.04 1.3 version. I delete the installed folder and now it boots everytime (as default MANAGER.ISO).

bearded
10-16-2013, 08:09 AM
If you're just Transferring files onto the HDD just try using ComGenie's awesome file manager until mM gets worked out.

Or make your PSN game into isos and boot with cobra manager/browser

super1bat
10-16-2013, 10:09 AM
I do think this 4.50.01/02 version is buggy.
And now, for some unknown reason its working after I used the 4.46.04 1.3 version. I delete the installed folder and now it boots everytime (as default MANAGER.ISO).

I tried what you did but it's still not working.

btw I don't know if I have the 4.46.04 1.3 version,
the iso name is (multiMAN 4.46.04 BASE with SHOWTIME4MM (for BD-R and ODE)) I don't see 1.3.

If you're just Transferring files onto the HDD just try using ComGenie's awesome file manager until mM gets worked out.

Or make your PSN game into isos and boot with cobra manager/browser

does Comgenie's Awesome Filemanager support folder creation on /hdd0/game ?

I don't think it will work if I converted the psn game into iso
and I don't think a psn game can be converted using GenS3iso.

knyta
10-16-2013, 10:28 AM
does Comgenie's Awesome Filemanager support folder creation on /hdd0/game ?

I don't think it will work if I converted the psn game into iso
and I don't think a psn game can be converted using GenS3iso.

You would need a ps3_extra folder, with param.sfo and the pkg, that should work, add it to whatever game is smallest and play around with it.

Quick question: Why do we need to create a folder when we can just copy the parent folder straight away?

super1bat
10-16-2013, 10:37 AM
You would need a ps3_extra folder, with param.sfo and the pkg, that should work, add it to whatever game is smallest and play around with it.

you mean the ps3_extra folder from GenPS3Extra_v1.0\COBRA_ODE_BROWSER ?
and from where I could get the param.sfo and the pkg ?
and how to add it to any game ?
can you tell exactly what to do.

btw I have only one psn game it's killzone hd about 2.96gb

thanks

knyta
10-16-2013, 10:53 AM
I haven't done this, but I think it should work by taking a param.sfo/sfx, editing it with param_sfo_editor, changing the Game ID, Category to HG or IP or smth, and copy this param into ps3_extra\PKGDIR*\ along with the .pkg (I assume you actually can pack it down again after unpacking). naming it like DATA000.PKG.

EDIT: param into PS3_EXTRA, and pkg into PKGDIR.

I'm just playing with some ideas, nothing of this is tested and I'm not sure if it would even work, but IF it works, you should have a second disc appearing below your real game disc.

PS3_EXTRA exists in some game discs where you have killzone for instance, or AC1, AC2, AC - Brotherhood. this appears as a second disc when mounted.

super1bat
10-16-2013, 11:03 AM
there is no PS3_EXTRA in killzone hd folder
I only found TROPDIR, NPWR03819_00 and USRDIR folders.

thanks.

knyta
10-16-2013, 11:07 AM
there is no PS3_EXTRA in killzone hd folder
I only found TROPDIR, NPWR03819_00 and USRDIR folders.

thanks.

In the killzone trilogy where you have both killzone 1 and 2 in the same disc, it does.

super1bat
10-16-2013, 11:11 AM
In the killzone trilogy where you have both killzone 1 and 2 in the same disc, it does.

I don't have the killzone trilogy release, I only have the killzone hd psn release.

thanks

knyta
10-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Well it has a PS3_EXTRA\D00
PS3_EXTRA\D01
PS3_EXTRA\PARAM.SFO
a DATA000.PKG in both folders and a PARAM.SFX

Tho I saw you can't edit a .SFX file, and if you need them all for this to work then we are stuck right there.

bearded
10-16-2013, 05:38 PM
I don't have the killzone trilogy release, I only have the killzone hd psn release.

thanks

The directory struction should look like this:
[GAMENAME]

PS3_DISC.SFB (in root directory)
-[PS3_GAME]
--PARAM.SFO
--other game data (images)
--other directorys sometimes [TROPDIR]
--[USRDIR]
--EBOOT.BIN
--[LICDIR]
LIC.DAT
-[PS3_UPDATE]
-[PS3_EXTRA] *if being used

That's the structure for a bootable disc

Jock O'Strap
10-16-2013, 06:09 PM
An SFX file is xml format and can be edited manually with notepad.
There is also a tool for converting sfo to sfx, SFO2SFX.

aldo's tools has an sfo and sfb editor, tool to create ps3extra content, + bunch more.
His tools are brilliant.

bearded
10-16-2013, 06:54 PM
*edit: I apologize for hijacking your thread Freddy. I'll create a new thread for this with more detailed information*

Several people have messaged me asking how to do this, so here you go:

If you want to make your psn games into isos that will boot in Cobra, you can either using 3k3ys tool, or make them yourself.

Ive had a few games that 3k3y tool generated not working .isos and when i remade them myself, they were fine. I didn't come up with how to do it, I just watched this video: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-convert-cracked-psn-to-iso-3k3y.353402/, which includes no written instructions and the gentleman speaking has a thick accent.

I don't play online, so no garuntee that this is 100% safe, but this should be exactly what the 3k3y tool is doing.

Tools you'll need:
-PS3Tool (need PkgView, PARAM.SFO editor, and PS3 DISC SFB EDIT, all included in PS3Tool) http://www.aldostools.org/ps3tools.html
-a hex editor (I use HexEdit) http://www.hexedit.com/
-scetool that will resign eboots (I've been using TrueAncestor SELF) http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jailbreak/ps3-trueancestor-eboot-resigner-v1-6-update-is-now-available/
-a normal game that you know boots when in .iso (unpacked so you can access files) find on your own
-psn game looking to make an .iso

CREATING NECESSARY FILE STRUCTURE
To begin, I create a directory for use with all the files I'll need that aren't included in the PSN game. I grab them from my known working game. I use Resident Evil 6 , but the game is up to you.

So create a directory, I just call mine PS3FILES needed. In the root of that directory, you need to copy over the PS3_DISC.SFB file from working game.

Create in the root directory two new folders PS3_GAME and PS3_UPDATE. Not all games have an update file, but the directory needs to be there.

Go into PS3_GAME on your working game and copy the LICDIR folder to the PS3_GAME folder you created.

Now you've got the basic structure setup, so you can copy and paste into each PSN title you are working on.

[B][ASSEMBLING GAME]
- Copy the PS3FILES folder you created into your PSN game folder

-If your PSN game is in pkg files, open PS3 Tools and use PkgView to extract them to source folder. You'll usually have two .pkg files, one that is the game, another that is a crack or fix.

-Once unpacked, apply crack or fix as normal. Now you'll have a PSN game. Open the PSN game folder, and copy the contents into your created PS3_GAME folder (inside PS3FILES folder you copied over). The files you'll have should be a USRDIR folder, some .png files, and PARAM.SFO, sometimes more directories.

[EDITING PARAM.SFO]
-Open PARAM.SFO using the PARAM.SFO Editor in PS3 Tools.

It will load with the correct information, giving you the title ID of the game (remember this!).

We need to change one thing, next to Category: you'll have a drop down box that likely says HG Harddrive Game.

Change that to DG Disc Game (blueray), and save overtop your existing PARAM.SFO. Now is a good time to check the extra directorys, sometimes they'll include another PARAM.SFO that needs the same edit.

[EDITING PS3_DISC.SFB]
-open the PS3_DISC.SFB from your root directory with the PS3_DISC.SFB tool from PS3 Tools.

It will give you a game title ID that isn't for the PSN Game you are using. Change the title ID to the PSN Game ID you got from PARAM.SFO, and save the file.

EDITING LIC.DAT WITH YOUR HEXEDITOR
-open your Hex editor, and then open the LIC.DAT file that is in the LICDIR folder.

You'll have to scroll down, and eventually you'll see a PS3 game title ID. Replace that title ID with your PSN title ID, and save the file.

EDITNG EBOOT.BIN WITH TrueAncestor
-Cut and paste your EBOOT.BIN file in USRDIR folder into your TrueAncestor folder.

In your TrueAncestor folder, if you hold SHIFT and RIGHT CLICK, you can open a command window. Otherwise get there however you would.

Enter this code and press enter:

scetool -d EBOOT.BIN EBOOT.ELF

You'll get feedback, sometimes it says that it skipped decryption of certain sections because they contained no data. The last thing it will say is that it created an EBOOT.ELF

scetool --verbose --skip-sections=FALSE --sce-type=SELF --compress-data=TRUE --key-revision=0A --self-app-version=0001000000000000 --self-auth-id=1010000001000003 --self-vendor-id=01000002 --self-ctrl-flags=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000 --self-cap-flags=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 003B0000000100040000 --self-type=APP --self-fw-version=0003005500000000 --encrypt EBOOT.ELF EBOOT.BIN

You'll get feedback like this:
Loaded keysets.

Loaded loader curves.

Loaded vsh curves.

SELF built.

Skipped compression of section 002 (size is zero)

Skipped compression of section 003 (size is zero)

Skipped compression of section 004 (size is zero)

Skipped compression of section 005 (0x00000010 >= 0x00000008)

Data compressed.

Data encrypted.

EBOOT.BIN written.

Now you can cut and paste your EBOOT.BIN back to USRDIR. It creates the EBOOT.ELF file, which you can copy over if you want to, but it isn't needed.

[CONFIRM FOLDER STRUCTURE AND MAKE ISO]

Make sure folders are correct. It should look like this:
[4061

Now generate an .iso using GenPS3Iso!

Load .iso onto your external HDD and give it a try on your Cobra device. If everything went correctly, it works and you're happy. I know it looks like a lot of work, but once you get used to it, it's not that bad. The alternative is to us 3k3y to generate the iso, and if it doesn't work, try making it on your own.

bearded
10-16-2013, 07:04 PM
I haven't done this, but I think it should work by taking a param.sfo/sfx, editing it with param_sfo_editor, changing the Game ID, Category to HG or IP or smth, and copy this param into ps3_extra\PKGDIR*\ along with the .pkg (I assume you actually can pack it down again after unpacking). naming it like DATA000.PKG.

EDIT: param into PS3_EXTRA, and pkg into PKGDIR.

I'm just playing with some ideas, nothing of this is tested and I'm not sure if it would even work, but IF it works, you should have a second disc appearing below your real game disc.

PS3_EXTRA exists in some game discs where you have killzone for instance, or AC1, AC2, AC - Brotherhood. this appears as a second disc when mounted.

I tried messing with the PS3_EXTRA folder a little, but didn't really have much success. Theres a tutorial here: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f180/%5Btutorial%5D-ps3_extra-modifications-85812/

I think it would be extremely useful for taking mM or ComGenie iso, creating a PS3_EXTRA folder on it with all the DLC/PSN you want to copy over, and transferring that way instead of messing with multiple drives. I don't know if that's how it works though.

jack3r
10-16-2013, 09:23 PM
problem when I use multiman.ISO as a game, after the installation it say's (the install is incomplete please install base or full) something like that

I have ofw 4.50.

bearded
10-16-2013, 09:34 PM
problem when I use multiman.ISO as a game, after the installation it say's (the install is incomplete please install base or full) something like that

I have ofw 4.50.

Are your HDD directories setup proper?
Are you using the latest firmware and database updates for cobra?
Are you using the latest version of mM?

If all is correct, maybe try defrag or format and fresh install.

knyta
10-17-2013, 02:23 PM
@bearded

I just tried that guide for creating a ps3 game disc out of a psn game, and it got me 8001006 error, the game I tried is a ps1 game tho (eboot.pbp).
But I feel like if it is on psn, you shouldn't need a backwardscompatible unit to play it, or am I wrong? I found this outdated guide how to resign .pbp but I wonder if it's an easier way since all those programs needed has broken links.

bearded
10-17-2013, 04:37 PM
@bearded

I just tried that guide for creating a ps3 game disc out of a psn game, and it got me 8001006 error, the game I tried is a ps1 game tho (eboot.pbp).
But I feel like if it is on psn, you shouldn't need a backwardscompatible unit to play it, or am I wrong? I found this outdated guide how to resign .pbp but I wonder if it's an easier way since all those programs needed has broken links.

All PS3 models play PS1 games, but I think for the game to be bootable it needs to have an eboot.bin or .elf file (I think).

Are you sure it was a psn game for the PS3? I know eboot.pbp files are how the PSP plays ps1 games.

There is probably a converter out there, I'll look into it.

bearded
10-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Looked at all the PSN games I have that were original ps1 games show up with the same structure.

Loading the Param.SFO shows the game as a PS1 title, loading the eboot.pbp file shows that it is basically an iso containing the files that are in PS3_GAME folder.

For now maybe PS1 games need to be Installed onto HDD.

knyta
10-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Looked at all the PSN games I have that were original ps1 games show up with the same structure.

Loading the Param.SFO shows the game as a PS1 title, loading the eboot.pbp file shows that it is basically an iso containing the files that are in PS3_GAME folder.

For now maybe PS1 games need to be Installed onto HDD.

Yea I think you are right, let's wait and see if mM will do the trick next update.

freddy75
10-23-2013, 04:21 PM
*edit: I apologize for hijacking your thread Freddy. I'll create a new thread for this with more detailed information*

Several people have messaged me asking how to do this, so here you go:

If you want to make your psn games into isos that will boot in Cobra, you can either using 3k3ys tool, or make them yourself.

Ive had a few games that 3k3y tool generated not working .isos and when i remade them myself, they were fine. I didn't come up with how to do it, I just watched this video: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-convert-cracked-psn-to-iso-3k3y.353402/, which includes no written instructions and the gentleman speaking has a thick accent.

I don't play online, so no garuntee that this is 100% safe, but this should be exactly what the 3k3y tool is doing.

Tools you'll need:
-PS3Tool (need PkgView, PARAM.SFO editor, and PS3 DISC SFB EDIT, all included in PS3Tool) http://www.aldostools.org/ps3tools.html
-a hex editor (I use HexEdit) http://www.hexedit.com/
-scetool that will resign eboots (I've been using TrueAncestor SELF) http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jailbreak/ps3-trueancestor-eboot-resigner-v1-6-update-is-now-available/
-a normal game that you know boots when in .iso (unpacked so you can access files) find on your own
-psn game looking to make an .iso

CREATING NECESSARY FILE STRUCTURE
To begin, I create a directory for use with all the files I'll need that aren't included in the PSN game. I grab them from my known working game. I use Resident Evil 6 , but the game is up to you.

So create a directory, I just call mine PS3FILES needed. In the root of that directory, you need to copy over the PS3_DISC.SFB file from working game.

Create in the root directory two new folders PS3_GAME and PS3_UPDATE. Not all games have an update file, but the directory needs to be there.

Go into PS3_GAME on your working game and copy the LICDIR folder to the PS3_GAME folder you created.

Now you've got the basic structure setup, so you can copy and paste into each PSN title you are working on.

[B][ASSEMBLING GAME]
- Copy the PS3FILES folder you created into your PSN game folder

-If your PSN game is in pkg files, open PS3 Tools and use PkgView to extract them to source folder. You'll usually have two .pkg files, one that is the game, another that is a crack or fix.

-Once unpacked, apply crack or fix as normal. Now you'll have a PSN game. Open the PSN game folder, and copy the contents into your created PS3_GAME folder (inside PS3FILES folder you copied over). The files you'll have should be a USRDIR folder, some .png files, and PARAM.SFO, sometimes more directories.

[EDITING PARAM.SFO]
-Open PARAM.SFO using the PARAM.SFO Editor in PS3 Tools.

It will load with the correct information, giving you the title ID of the game (remember this!).

We need to change one thing, next to Category: you'll have a drop down box that likely says HG Harddrive Game.

Change that to DG Disc Game (blueray), and save overtop your existing PARAM.SFO. Now is a good time to check the extra directorys, sometimes they'll include another PARAM.SFO that needs the same edit.

[EDITING PS3_DISC.SFB]
-open the PS3_DISC.SFB from your root directory with the PS3_DISC.SFB tool from PS3 Tools.

It will give you a game title ID that isn't for the PSN Game you are using. Change the title ID to the PSN Game ID you got from PARAM.SFO, and save the file.

EDITING LIC.DAT WITH YOUR HEXEDITOR
-open your Hex editor, and then open the LIC.DAT file that is in the LICDIR folder.

You'll have to scroll down, and eventually you'll see a PS3 game title ID. Replace that title ID with your PSN title ID, and save the file.

EDITNG EBOOT.BIN WITH TrueAncestor
-Cut and paste your EBOOT.BIN file in USRDIR folder into your TrueAncestor folder.

In your TrueAncestor folder, if you hold SHIFT and RIGHT CLICK, you can open a command window. Otherwise get there however you would.

scetool -d EBOOT.BIN EBOOT.ELF

You'll get feedback, sometimes it says that it skipped decryption of certain sections because they contained no data. The last thing it will say is that it created an EBOOT.ELF

scetool --verbose --skip-sections=FALSE --sce-type=SELF --compress-data=TRUE --key-revision=0A --self-app-version=0001000000000000 --self-auth-id=1010000001000003 --self-vendor-id=01000002 --self-ctrl-flags=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000 --self-cap-flags=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 003B0000000100040000 --self-type=APP --self-fw-version=0003005500000000 --encrypt EBOOT.ELF EBOOT.BIN

You'll get feedback like this:
Loaded keysets.

Loaded loader curves.

Loaded vsh curves.

SELF built.

Skipped compression of section 002 (size is zero)

Skipped compression of section 003 (size is zero)

Skipped compression of section 004 (size is zero)

Skipped compression of section 005 (0x00000010 >= 0x00000008)

Data compressed.

Data encrypted.

EBOOT.BIN written.

Now you can cut and paste your EBOOT.BIN back to USRDIR. It creates the EBOOT.ELF file, which you can copy over if you want to, but it isn't needed.

[CONFIRM FOLDER STRUCTURE AND MAKE ISO]

Make sure folders are correct. It should look like this:
[4061

Now generate an .iso using GenPS3Iso!

Load .iso onto your external HDD and give it a try on your Cobra device. If everything went correctly, it works and you're happy. I know it looks like a lot of work, but once you get used to it, it's not that bad. The alternative is to us 3k3y to generate the iso, and if it doesn't work, try making it on your own.

I totally missed this when it was posted , Thanks Bearded ..... I will give this a try tomorrow.

bearded
10-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Not a problem. The same process (essentially) can be used to troubleshoot games that you are having problems with as the disc structure is the same.

One day I'll get around to posting this as a full tutorial in its own thread with files and video/screens.

freddy75
10-23-2013, 05:00 PM
One day I'll get around to posting this as a full tutorial in its own thread with files and video/screens.

Good idea because many people may of missed this like i did lol

bearded
10-23-2013, 05:24 PM
the 3k3y tool does the same thing, just some titles didnt work through 3k3y but processing them myself they worked.

freddy75
10-23-2013, 05:30 PM
the 3k3y tool does the same thing, just some titles didnt work through 3k3y but processing them myself they worked.
Did you get RAIN to work ?

bearded
10-23-2013, 06:08 PM
I could only find one version of Rain - Duplex release. This is one of the initial games I tried and it didn't work but I didn't have the method down, nor was I documenting what I was doing at the time.

I can give it a retry this week, and if you know any other scene releases I can try, I'll give it a go. Duplex releases aren't really documented with other file needed to be added on.

I can retry this weekend.

freddy75
10-23-2013, 06:15 PM
I can retry this weekend.
Please do ....
Let me know if it works , The main problem with the Duplex release of Rain is that it contains 3 Eboot.bin files in total .
Good luck lol

parenghames
10-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Hi freddy, do you think these games from ps2 that are meant for ps3 on cfw with reactpsn will work with cobra? Have you tried any of these? http://www.ps3iso.com/ps2-classics/208076-ps2tops3-play-station-2-classics.html

freddy75
10-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi freddy, do you think these games from ps2 that are meant for ps3 on cfw with reactpsn will work with cobra?
I'm sure others have tried and failed .... I've not tested these myself.

Hellgun
10-31-2013, 06:44 PM
excuse me, but, what do you mean by "-Once unpacked, apply crack or fix as normal. Now you'll have a PSN game. "
is it, paste cracked files over original ones?

freddy75
11-02-2013, 08:43 AM
is it, paste cracked files over original ones?

Yes ....

When you install the Cracked PKG files on Custom firmware you do the following :
1) Install the Main PKG file
2) Install the Cracked content

The Cracked content overwrites the original files and replaces it with the new cracked content.

We just replicate this on the PC by unpacking the main PKG file then copying the contents of the cracked PKG over the top.
Then you will be left with a cracked version of the game.

The process must be done this way round .... You cannot copy the original content into the cracked folder or you will replace the cracked files.

bearded
11-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Yes ....

When you install the Cracked PKG files on Custom firmware you do the following :

The Cracked content overwrites the original files and replaces it with the new cracked content.

We just replicate this on the PC by unpacking the main PKG file then copying the contents of the cracked PKG over the top.

The process must be done this way round .... You cannot copy the original content into the cracked folder or you will replace the cracked files.

In general, I think most downloads you grab will have a .NFO file from the release group, which can be opened in notepad, and almost always has instructions.

Sometimes you'll have the original pkg, an update or fix pkg, and a crack pkg. Ive always seen the install instructions in that order, (original, fix, crack) and unpacking to the same folder in that order and then copying to ps3 or making an iso works usually.

parenghames
11-04-2013, 05:04 AM
I'm sure others have tried and failed .... I've not tested these myself.what do you think is the reason why this will fail? it works on cfw though just by installing it as pkg file? can someone test it? i'm still waiting for my cobra ode for the longest time that's why i can't test it myself.

nanodrummer
11-07-2013, 03:18 AM
Yes ....

I tried with Rain and Super Mario World and both failed.. they appear on XMB but when I try to open them, I get error 80010017, the same error when I tried to run Beyond Two Souls with a modified EBOOT.

Downloading the original EBOOT of Beyond I managed to play it. I don't get how PKG games should use modified EBOOT and game ISOs shouldn't...
I know there's a license on them, but when I analyze the EBOOT with IsoTools, it says the file is not a valid EBOOT.

It's at least strange...

freddy75
11-07-2013, 03:25 AM
I tried with Rain and Super Mario World and both failed.. they appear on XMB but when I try to open them, I get error 80010017

I tried atleast 10 times to get Rain to work and it failed with every method i used.
Some games just do not work ...... But keep trying, other games work fine.

betanotocar
11-10-2013, 02:02 PM
anyone can help me I have already copied the GTA 5 on the hard drive and the Gen trasnforme iso cobra. The moment you start the game enters the screen stays black and regersa the XMB and in the menu of the Blue ray Game presnetación out the entry and gets passed back in black screen as if to run and the XMB regersa HELP!!

Joonie86
11-10-2013, 04:22 PM
On OFW, PSN game installed inside dev_hdd0/game/ folder won't work because only "RESIGNED OR CRACKED" Eboot will only work when it's signed for DISC EBOOT

and will not ever work inside the internal HDD due the the ECDSA signature check and no private key was found for making proper "NPDRM" Eboot along with the "Retail PKG".

If there was, multiMAN for ODDE wouldn't even needed to be converted as a DISC version.

However, some PSN games may work when it's fully converted as a DISC version.

parenghames
12-04-2013, 04:32 AM
I recently downloaded Assassin's Creed Liberation HD and it has FIX 3.41-3.55 folders and FIX 4.21+. Do I need to apply the pkg inside it? which one? The folder for fix pkg also has exdata folder with an edat file. Do I need to apply it? How?

footsoldier
12-06-2013, 06:45 AM
if i play these games (pkg) online will i ban ?

freddy75
12-06-2013, 08:04 AM
if i play these games (pkg) online will i ban ?
I've been playing them for ages online without a ban in both PKG and ISO format.

I recently downloaded Assassin's Creed Liberation HD and it has FIX 3.41-3.55 folders and FIX 4.21+. Do I need to apply the pkg inside it? which one? The folder for fix pkg also has exdata folder with an edat file. Do I need to apply it? How?
Read the NFO file ....
The install notes for that game requires the edat in the home folder :
1. Place edat file inside "/dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/exdata/"
2. Install game

Unfortunatly that is impossible on the ODE so you cannot play that game.

parenghames
12-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Too bad. I hope there's a way to run reactpsn on our ps3!

trainingday
12-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Followed the tutorial with DuckTales Remastered, applied fix... threw 80010017. Same with Abe's Odysee and Exodus.

bearded
12-11-2013, 12:44 AM
On OFW, PSN game installed inside dev_hdd0/game/ folder won't work because only "RESIGNED OR CRACKED" Eboot will only work when it's signed for DISC EBOOT

and will not ever work inside the internal HDD due the the ECDSA signature check and no private key was found for making proper "NPDRM" Eboot along with the "Retail PKG".

If there was, multiMAN for ODDE wouldn't even needed to be converted as a DISC version.

However, some PSN games may work when it's fully converted as a DISC version.

This statement is inaccurate. PSN games installed to the console HDD /game/ folder do work on original firmware. It is not all games, but it is working.

As stated several times in this tutorial, the only games we know for sure don't currently work are games requiring an edat file to be installed onto the consoles HDD /home/000000x/exdat/ folder, and this is because on ofw we can't access this folder yet.

Some of those games, in fact, still work when the files are installed to just the /game/ folder, just only in demo mode.

As far as psn games working when converted to disc... the method is not any better or worse, It's just an alternative method.

Some games work one way, not the other, and the opposite is true. We are trying as we go along, because this is new territory.

Before cobra ode came along, I don't think anyone was running anything other then legit legal game copies on ofw...

As far as Mm odde being a disc version, it was always my assumption that this was necessary for it to work as a manager with the cobra odde, because of the way that the cobra hardware emulates the disc drive, and the method needed for 3rd party managers to work on cobra.

If I am wrong, please let me know. Sorry for the disruption.

Serhio
12-14-2013, 02:38 AM
Hi. I try to start duplex-earthworm.jim.hd but have error ...017. Maybe I need to resign eboot? If yes how I can do it?
In archive I have Earthworm.Jim.HD.PSN.PS3-DUPLEX.NPUB30120.Decrypted.elf file. What I must do with it?
P.S. Flashback is working good.

Nyory
12-14-2013, 09:54 AM
What if i can't create the folder in dev_hdd0/games because it has only read folder permission? I tryied to change it through the FlashFXP (ftp), but it won't works. How can i change CHMOD to create the game folder?

EmolyBQ
12-14-2013, 02:49 PM
hey guys.
i used Journey (NPHA80188) with cfw 4.50 rogero and multiman to install this game (by folder). install pkg with multiman :
BOTH will:
if copy only game data (without patch 2.0) game needs to proceed to PSN store.
if patched 2.0 data, the game will work.

waiting the Cobra to test this. any one try?
or it's cracked patch 2.0 ?

parenghames
12-14-2013, 05:43 PM
What if i can't create the folder in dev_hdd0/games because it has only read folder permission? I tryied to change it through the FlashFXP (ftp), but it won't works. How can i change CHMOD to create the game folder?
you can.. just use multiman and enter mmos.

happydance
12-16-2013, 06:36 AM
Anybody got a compatibility list of successfully converted PSN games? i'm going to try this soon so i might try it first on a game that is reported to work, before going to do some unknown game

parenghames
12-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Anybody got a compatibility list of successfully converted PSN games? i'm going to try this soon so i might try it first on a game that is reported to work, before going to do some unknown game

As far as i know, all pkg psn files will work as long as the files from it doesn't require installing to other folders in ps3 aside from the game folder. If the game needs a license, it will also not work as we don't have access yet to the required folder. We need react psn to be ported as soon as possible. Lol!

john__mclaine
12-19-2013, 06:20 AM
As far as i know, all pkg psn files will work as long as the files from it doesn't require installing to other folders in ps3 aside from the game folder. If the game needs a license, it will also not work as we don't have access yet to the required folder. We need react psn to be ported as soon as possible. Lol!
Hi everybody!
Iīm new here and this is my first post. Sorry about my English, Iīm not English native. Just a tought: Due to the folder "/dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/exdata" itīs accesible on OFW by the PSN games in order to install the license, could it be possible to modify the MM to write in it like the folder dev_hdd0/games?
Iīm having the same problem that some people here with deankīs updated Backup manager supporting folder creation under dev_hdd0/game/ (multiMAN 4.50.01 BASE with SHOWTIME4MM (for BD-R and ODE).iso (27MB)) --> I have the problem when I use multiman.ISO as a game, after the installation it says (the install is incomplete please install base or full), then I get the same logo and in the bottom it say ( X Enter ) I'm pressing X and nothing is happening.

When I replace it with Cobra Manager as manager.iso, after the installation I only get the logo and there is noting else.

I have ofw 4.50.
My HDD directories are setup proper
Iīm using the latest firmware and database updates for cobra
Iīm using the latest version of mM.

When I use the multiMAN 4.46.04 BASE with SHOWTIME4MM (for BD-R and ODE), It runs fine, but this version doesnīt allow to write on the folder "dev_hdd0/games".
If I can solve this problem and get the last MM version running ok, Iīll be happy to test/try/help with everything you people need. :)
Regards.

Ok, I solved it and now itīs working fine. Iīll be happy testing/helping anything you need. :)

happydance
12-24-2013, 10:11 AM
so how did you solve it?? would be nice if you could make a tut here to help other with similar problems

john__mclaine
12-25-2013, 10:49 AM
so how did you solve it?? would be nice if you could make a tut here to help other with similar problems
Sure! Hereīs is the thread with my solution :), it was just a "cobra.db.csv" problem:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/273890-Tutorial-How-to-install-DLC-for-the-Cobra-ODE/page12

Iīm investigating now how to install PSn games using the game FlashBack Tutorial available on many webs without success:
Basically, this method doesnīt work. Iīve tried about 15 differents games and only Flashback itīs running fine. Those games doesnīt need copy any files outside dev_hdd0/game/ folder (no dev_hdd0/home/ folder and ".edat" archives). Installing only the main PGK of the game says that you need to activate the content on the Store, and installing the fix using this tutorial gives me the error 800100107. I tried resigning the EBOOT.BIN with:

- 4.21 EBOOT Resigner

- CFW_4.xx_.pkg_Resigner_Script_v0.3.5

- CFW_4.xx__F.A.R._Script_v0.5b

- ODDE Eboot Resigner

- TrueAncestor SELF Resigner v1.85

Also re-signing EBOOT.BIN with the NPDRM content-ID of the PKG with no luck, same 800100107 error.

I tried building an ISO with Cobra ODE GenPS3ISO, and it gives me the error: Cannot find ".../PS3_GAME/PARAM.SFO", so I tried to create the folder and copying the param.sfo of the root folder of the game. It creates the iso, but this ISO doesnīt work either.

I tried other several tutorials, like using IDC 1.0 and Cobra Manager, but it doesnīt install anything other that offcial content from Sony (no homebrew).

I have Cobra ODE 1.8, using MM 4.50 (so I can create/copy files and folders inside dev_hdd0/game), OFW 4.50. Games with JB format converted to ISO are working fine.

Iīm running out of ideas, Iīd appreciate any suggestion or help.:)

Thanks in advance, regards.

happydance
12-25-2013, 02:39 PM
The first game that works for me with this psn install method are ps1 psn games and just now i manage to get walking dead season 2 ep1 to work, probably because it only needs a edat fix on it's game directory and not in the exdata folder. And this game also work on iso

Trying mincraft psn install and can't get it to work, but works when converted to iso

Can anybody name a game that works with a cracked eboot and not just an edat fix? I'll might as try that one first to study at

john__mclaine
12-26-2013, 03:31 AM
The first game that works for me with this psn install method are ps1 psn games and just now i manage to get walking dead season 2 ep1 to work, probably because it only needs a edat fix on it's game directory and not in the exdata folder. And this game also work on iso

Trying mincraft psn install and can't get it to work, but works when converted to iso

Can anybody name a game that works with a cracked eboot and not just an edat fix? I'll might as try that one first to study at

FlaskBack using this tutorial itīs fully working. I tried Resident Evil Code Veronica, The Wolf Among Us, Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 ps1 PSN games without sucess. Iīll try in a couple of hours Walking Dead season 2 ep1. Which tool do you use to convert those games to iso? Cobra_ODE_GenPS3iso_v2.3? Because with PSN games this tool says that Cannot find ".../PS3_GAME/PARAM.SFO".
Thanks!

No luck either with Walking Dead season 2 ep1, error 800100107.

@ Happydance, how did you manage to install it, or converting to ISO? Please, give some advice. Thanks!

EmolyBQ
12-27-2013, 09:12 PM
i just realized games need Update to launch.
First : pack both GAME (in case Journey) GAME PKG and UPDATE 2.0 PKG by IDC100
install via Install Disc creator
Launch game, have fun.

Serhio
12-28-2013, 07:18 AM
2 EmolyBQ

Can you write a tutorial how you did it?

EmolyBQ
12-28-2013, 12:40 PM
forget it, i'm worng.
the game i have done only Journey NPHA 80188 with it's Patch 2.0.
i dont know why it can run. even with Install Disc Creator, both "game pkg", and "patch 2.0 pkg" can install via IDC. That's why i'm wrong.

someone know, please open a way. NPHA80188-[Journey PSN]
i tried with Tutorial in page 1, but i cant create folder inside dev_hdd0/game/
then i try to install the game pkg and copy the patch 2.0 (extracted with PKG view) and copy to the dev_hdd0/game/NPHA80188 (in-case Journey PSN)
then, i try to delete game, install game pkg, and patch 2.0 pkg, both can install via IDC, no errors. Then i think both are retail PKG. i downloaded both pkg direct link PSN
can someone tell me? :
NPUB NPUA - US region PSN game
NPEB NPEA - EU region PSN game
NPHA ?????????????????????????????

EDIT: if u want the link for test this game. Inbox me!

khalkedon
01-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Hi everybody,

Multiman freezes at startup screen (multiMAN 4.50.01 BASE with SHOWTIME4MM (for BD-R and ODE).iso)

I tried many ways to start multiman but I couldn't catch any success.

Is there any advice to pass multiman startup screen?

Thank you so much in advance.

By the way please watch this youtube video from 53 seconds to finish, a friend added this video for him problem, mine is similar :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RtuuAJKzuQ

happydance
01-03-2014, 03:03 PM
you could try connecting your ps3 to a network before running multiman, thats what i did to get mine working. if i don't connect it on a network it would freeze just like that..

or you could try to disable the internet connection on your PS3... not sure if it would work though since i haven't tested that method yet

EmolyBQ
01-06-2014, 02:05 PM
you could try connecting your ps3 to a network before running multiman, thats what i did to get mine working. if i don't connect it on a network it would freeze just like that..

or you could try to disable the internet connection on your PS3... not sure if it would work though since i haven't tested that method yet
u mean mM freeze if not connecting to NETWORK?
i'm still mM4.46 for ODE, mM4.50ODE still freezing, and i dont know why....

jdut
01-07-2014, 02:11 AM
that's exactly what happened to me ...

no internet connection = MM stuck at logo ....

Anyway , you can use Comgenie's awesome file manager if you intend to install DLC and online pass ( that's what i used before MM )

freddy75
01-07-2014, 06:39 AM
Anyway , you can use Comgenie's awesome file manager if you intend to install DLC and online pass ( that's what i used before MM )
CAFM does not allow the creation of new folders under home/game.... This is why most people prefer mM especially when installing PSN games or passes for games like "The last of us" which require a new folder.

khalkedon
01-09-2014, 03:28 PM
that's exactly what happened to me ...

no internet connection = MM stuck at logo ....

Thank you.

Where can I get it ? Please give me a download link.

By the way nobody didn't mean or complain any freezing so far other than me, very interesting. Do I live this problem only me with Multiman latest version? :)

freddy75
01-10-2014, 08:32 AM

The download link for CAFM is in my other Tutorial : http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/273890-Tutorial-How-to-install-DLC-for-the-Cobra-ODE

john__mclaine
01-11-2014, 04:44 AM
Thank you.

By the way nobody didn't mean or complain any freezing so far other than me, very interesting. Do I live this problem only me with Multiman latest version? :)

Hi there!
I had the same problem with MM, I was using Cobra Manager, so I deleted the content of COBRA folder on my external HDD, copied an unmodified "cobra.db" and MM renamed to "manager.iso" and it started working. My mistake was to keep the file "cobra.db.csv" on the COBRA folder. Youīll probably figured out that, but just in case you missed it.
Good luck :)

BTW, Iīm using MM without internet connection.

khalkedon
01-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Hi there!
I had the same problem with MM, I was using Cobra Manager, so I deleted the content of COBRA folder on my external HDD, copied an unmodified "cobra.db" and MM renamed to "manager.iso" and it started working. My mistake was to keep the file "cobra.db.csv" on the COBRA folder. Youīll probably figured out that, but just in case you missed it.

john__mclaine,

I think will be at this time like your saying, when I try your way then I'll say to here occured or not ccured.

Thank you so much your interest.

john__mclaine
01-12-2014, 08:50 AM
john__mclaine,

I think will be at this time like your saying, when I try your way then I'll say to here occured or not ccured.

Thank you so much your interest.

Iīve been trying to remember the exact steps I followed: I run the version 4.46 like manager.iso I left the instalation files on the internal hdd (no deleting) then I unplug usb, replaced manager.iso (4.46) with manager.iso (4.50) and it sucessfully booted. Hope this will be useful to you.
Regards.

flyingnimbus
01-12-2014, 11:01 AM
just wondering, once you install the game do you need an ode to run it???

djleoncro
01-12-2014, 01:30 PM
did anyone get reactpsn to work on OFW 4.53? i downloaded a bunch of PSN games with psnstuff and saved rap's but i can get reactpsn to work, i installed all pkg's with Install Disc Creator with no problems, but every game i run is either trial or wont start because it needs to reactivate licsence, im lost guys, please help me step by step :(

john__mclaine
01-13-2014, 10:57 AM
did anyone get reactpsn to work on OFW 4.53? i downloaded a bunch of PSN games with psnstuff and saved rap's but i can get reactpsn to work, i installed all pkg's with Install Disc Creator with no problems, but every game i run is either trial or wont start because it needs to reactivate licsence, im lost guys, please help me step by step :(

Some PSN games donīt need ReactPSN in order to work, just copy the .edat file on the fix overwriting the existing one on the dev_hdd0/game/XXX(Id of the game), The Walking Dead Season 2 Ep.1, for example. Other games need the license file to be copied on dev_hdd0/Home directory, and that is not possible yet using MM (I am alive, for example).

flavioliu
01-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Has someone managed to unpack Resident Evil 4 Hd with pkgview 1.3?
Every time I try to unpack it I get a error message saying that the access was denied.
I closed every application that was running and got the same error. I also restarted the computer
and still no luck. The "crack" pgg works fine, I am able to unpack it...

Any help is appreciated!

john__mclaine
01-14-2014, 11:46 PM
Every time I try to unpack it I get a error message saying that the access was denied.
I closed every application that was running and got the same error. I also restarted the computer

Any help is appreciated!

Did you check the permissions of the pkg? And make sure itīs not on read-only mode.

pinky
01-15-2014, 12:13 AM

I can't remember all of 'em, but I had a list of files that can't be copied via mm on ps3repack. what I can remember is that double spaces and the @ will result in failure. that's y u may need to use pkg viewer on ur pc instead.

Any help is appreciated!

the pkg may be corrupted. as per my tutorial, it may be an issue with the pkg sha-1. drop the pkg into a hex editor, cut the last two lines of the footer into another file, then have the hex editor determine the sha-1. compare that to what was in the last two lines of the hex. if identical, that's the not the issue. that's what will cause an install failure on the actual ps3 btw.

Serhio
01-15-2014, 12:22 AM
check the read only attribute of file

super1bat
01-15-2014, 04:04 PM

thank you very much!
wow I can't believe that was the solution xD

john__mclaine
01-16-2014, 12:40 AM
thank you very much!
wow I can't believe that was the solution xD

Congrats super1bat :)

super1bat
01-17-2014, 02:05 AM
Congrats super1bat :)

I installed
Atomic.Ninjas.PSN.PS3-DUPLEX
Metal Gear Solid PSX-PSN
Journey PSN
Flow

but only Atomic Ninjas and Metal Gear Solid work

what I did for Journey PSN

files:
Journey PSN 1.pkg
Journey PSN 2.pkg
JOURNEY_FIX 3.pkg

I extracted the files then I paste pkg 2 files over pkg 3
then I paste pkg 3 files over pkg 1
it didn't work I got error

I said maybe the game need to be updated so I downloaded the game update
and used IDC to create iso but when I try to install the update I get error
maybe because it's psn update ?

anyway that what I tried for Journey

what I did for Flow

files:

UP9000-NPUA80001_00-FLOWPLAYSTATION3-A0210-V0100.pkg
JXm8CKOhtxIv8X4LkvlmRwfTXMDV4OqpOsiiPwYQdNqvsshAsh IDFGeSc8i1khI8KsHc3Fe5TlG1jPJuWla10re4KOMAiWmCr1lf Q.pkg
d0.pdb
d1.pdb
f0.pdb

I just extracted the long name file which is the game and installed it, but it didn't work

I tried to install the pkg update
UP9000-NPUA80001_00-FLOWPLAYSTATION3-A0210-V0100.pkg
using IDC but I get error

I tried to extract the update and paste it over the game folder NPUA80001
it didn't work too

khalkedon
01-17-2014, 07:43 AM
Hi there!

john__mclaine, thank you so much, It worked. Thank you so much billions of time :)

By the way this info must add as warning.

freddy75
01-17-2014, 07:38 PM
what I did for Journey PSN

files:
Journey PSN 1.pkg
Journey PSN 2.pkg
JOURNEY_FIX 3.pkg

I extracted the files then I paste pkg 2 files over pkg 3
it didn't work I got error

I do not know if the game "Journey" works but you copied the files over in the wrong order.
it should be PKG 2 into PKG 1 then 3 PKG last

You said you put PKG 2 into Fix PKG 3 which could of overwritten files in the fix and then you copied them into PKG 1 .

You always need to work backwards so 3 into 2 and 3+2 (combined) into 1 .

super1bat
01-17-2014, 10:47 PM
I do not know if the game "Journey" works but you copied the files over in the wrong order.
it should be PKG 2 into PKG 1 then 3 PKG last

You said you put PKG 2 into Fix PKG 3 which could of overwritten files in the fix and then you copied them into PKG 1 .

You always need to work backwards so 3 into 2 and 3+2 (combined) into 1 .

sorry I was mistaken :D
I actually did what you said
I paste pkg 2 files over pkg 1

PKG2 -> PKG1
then
PKG3 -> PKG1

so the last PKG was 3

anyway have anyone been able to get it to work

Thx

I think it's better to let everyone who tried a psn game that works or not
to put it here in a list or make a new thread for PSN Game or put it on the Game list ( Worked Okay with cobra ode ),
so everyone can know which PSN games are working and which PSN games are not working

Working (PSN Games):
Atomic Ninjas
Metal Gear Solid
FLOWER

Not Working (PSN Games):
Journey
Flow

john__mclaine
01-19-2014, 09:56 AM
I think it's better to let everyone who tried a psn game that works or not
to put it here in a list or make a new thread for PSN Game or put it on the Game list ( Worked Okay with cobra ode ),
so everyone can know which PSN games are working and which PSN games are not working

Working (PSN Games):
Atomic Ninjas
Metal Gear Solid
FLOWER

Not Working (PSN Games):
Journey
Flow

Check this thread, maybe could be useful:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/273794-Game-list-%28-Worked-Okay-with-cobra-ode-%29

:)

ben141sk
01-20-2014, 01:25 PM
People please find the way to play the rest of PSN games. Cobra ode would not be so brilliant without them and could envy this feature to Rogero CFW. Please come up with solution Cobra Team

super1bat
01-20-2014, 01:59 PM
Check this thread, maybe could be useful:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/273794-Game-list-%28-Worked-Okay-with-cobra-ode-%29

:)

I already add the working psn games and not working psn games.

john__mclaine
01-21-2014, 09:52 AM
BTW, Iīve made some attempts to run RAIN on Cobra ODE, although no success yet. Somebody got lucky running this game? :)

super1bat
01-21-2014, 11:04 PM
BTW, Iīve made some attempts to run RAIN on Cobra ODE, although no success yet. Somebody got lucky running this game? :)

it looks like a lot of psn games will not work with cobra ode :(
I hope someone will find a way to get most of the psn games to run.

john__mclaine
01-22-2014, 03:01 AM
it looks like a lot of psn games will not work with cobra ode :(
I hope someone will find a way to get most of the psn games to run.
Yep, I know it. Iīve tried several PSN games with success, this is the only one I canīt get it to work.
Thanks anyway :)

FizzyBubblech
01-22-2014, 03:17 AM
I've tried Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and it didn't work. I'm pretty sure it's because the cracked EBOOT, even if you resign it, is still way smaller than the original one (7MB cracked - 21MB original). If there was some way you could merge the two together, the game might work.

Oh, and did someone get Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD to work?

john__mclaine
01-22-2014, 03:46 AM
I've tried Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and it didn't work. I'm pretty sure it's because the cracked EBOOT, even if you resign it, is still way smaller than the original one (7MB cracked - 21MB original). If there was some way you could merge the two together, the game might work.

Oh, and did someone get Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD to work?

Hi!
You donīt have to resign the eboot if you are copying the game on the internal HDD using this tutorial. If you are building an iso with the PSN game, then yes, you have to resign it. (See this tutorial: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/274082-Tutorial-Creating-bootable-iso-images-from-PSN-Games)

I didnīt try these two games, but Iīve succesfully got running about 10 PSN games. In most cases, the resigned eboot itīs smaller than the original one, but they are fully working.

flavioliu
01-22-2014, 07:06 AM
Has someone mannaged to make Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles HD to work? When generating the iso with genps3iso it give a error about the ansi characters. The "bg" folder inside the "usrdir" folder has 6 files with non ansi characters that avoind genps3iso to successfully generate the iso.

FizzyBubblech
01-22-2014, 08:00 AM
Hi!
You donīt have to resign the eboot if you are copying the game on the internal HDD using this tutorial. If you are building an iso with the PSN game, then yes, you have to resign it. (See this tutorial: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/274082-Tutorial-Creating-bootable-iso-images-from-PSN-Games)

I didnīt try these two games, but Iīve succesfully got running about 10 PSN games. In most cases, the resigned eboot itīs smaller than the original one, but they are fully working.

Yeah, I tried copying it to the internal HDD first, then I tried building an ISO using the 3k3y method and the one in the link you posted, but still nothing. I've yet to test other PSN games other than SSF2THD though.

john__mclaine
01-22-2014, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I tried copying it to the internal HDD first, then I tried building an ISO using the 3k3y method and the one in the link you posted, but still nothing. I've yet to test other PSN games other than SSF2THD though.

Some PSN games just donīt work, as RAIN, for example. Try different ones.

Has someone mannaged to make Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles HD to work? When generating the iso with genps3iso it give a error about the ansi characters. The "bg" folder inside the "usrdir" folder has 6 files with non ansi characters that avoind genps3iso to successfully generate the iso.
Yep, same error here. Some people are just renaming the files, it seems that itīs working so far. Check this thread:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/274162-Request-GenPs3ISO-UTF-UCS-ANSI-Character-Support

super1bat
01-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Yep, I know it. Iīve tried several PSN games with success, this is the only one I canīt get it to work.
Thanks anyway :)

can you put here or on the other thread all the psn games that works with you.

thx :)

I just got Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels Plus PSN [NPUB-30903]

the files are:
UP0101-NPUB30903_00-YGODECADEDUELSLC.edat
Yu-Gi-Oh-5Ds-Decade-Duels-Plus_Crack.pkg
Yu-Gi-Oh-5Ds-Decade-Duels-Plus_DLC-Cardpack.pkg
Yu-Gi-Oh-5Ds-Decade-Duels-Plus_Full.pkg

and there is Installation Instructions:
1. Copy the .pkg and .edat files to USB media.
2. Copy the .edat file to "dev_hdd0/home/000000??/exdata". (?? being any account folder)
3. Install Package from "Install Package Files".

I think I should paste DLC-Cardpack.pkg over Full.pkg
then I should paste Crack.pkg over Full.pkg

but I don't know exactly where should I put edat file
and what is the purpose of this file ?

thanks

john__mclaine
01-22-2014, 03:13 PM
I just got Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels Plus PSN [NPUB-30903]

the files are:
UP0101-NPUB30903_00-YGODECADEDUELSLC.edat
Yu-Gi-Oh-5Ds-Decade-Duels-Plus_Crack.pkg
Yu-Gi-Oh-5Ds-Decade-Duels-Plus_DLC-Cardpack.pkg
Yu-Gi-Oh-5Ds-Decade-Duels-Plus_Full.pkg

and there is Installation Instructions:
1. Copy the .pkg and .edat files to USB media.
2. Copy the .edat file to "dev_hdd0/home/000000??/exdata". (?? being any account folder)
3. Install Package from "Install Package Files".

I think I should paste DLC-Cardpack.pkg over Full.pkg
then I should paste Crack.pkg over Full.pkg

but I don't know exactly where should I put edat file
and what is the purpose of this file ?

thanks
The EDAT file itīs the license file. Unfortunately in this case, you have to copy it on the "dev_hdd0/home/000000??/exdata" folder (000000?? is your userīs profile), and this canīt be done on OFW yet, only on CFW. See my comment here:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/273907-Tutorial-How-to-install-PSN-Games-for-the-Cobra-ODE?p=1668602#post1668602

super1bat
01-23-2014, 09:58 AM
The EDAT file itīs the license file. Unfortunately in this case, you have to copy it on the "dev_hdd0/home/000000??/exdata" folder (000000?? is your userīs profile), and this canīt be done on OFW yet, only on CFW. See my comment here:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/273907-Tutorial-How-to-install-PSN-Games-for-the-Cobra-ODE?p=1668602#post1668602

okay

thank you :)

mrcs87
01-25-2014, 11:32 AM
can i install a game like fifa 14 psn with this method ?

The7echos
01-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Hey guys, I've installed DLC for The Last of Us. I was wondering, how do i install multiple DLCs for a single game? or is it even possible? Thank you in advance.

freddy75
01-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Hey guys, I've installed DLC for The Last of Us. I was wondering, how do i install multiple DLCs for a single game? or is it even possible? Thank you in advance.
Mutiple DLC's is exactly the same as adding 1 DLC ..... Just keep adding them.

super1bat
01-26-2014, 03:22 PM
I have
[The Last of Us] duplex BCES01584
and
The.Last.of.Us.DLC.Unlocker duplex BCES01585

both are duplex, so when I create a folder
should I name it BCES01585 or BCES01584 ?

and how I can know that the dlc works ?

Thanks

freddy75
01-27-2014, 12:49 PM
I have
and

Thanks
Create the folder the same name as the game ID and test the Online pass to see if the DLC worked.

BettermanX
01-29-2014, 06:10 PM
Im having a weird problem, the point where your to make a new folder in file manager..after you chose the option create a new folder and you enter the name nothing happens(Ive done this repeatedly even in different names but same result)? Any ideas, thx

john__mclaine
01-30-2014, 05:59 AM
Im having a weird problem, the point where your to make a new folder in file manager..after you chose the option create a new folder and you enter the name nothing happens(Ive done this repeatedly even in different names but same result)? Any ideas, thx

Are you using this version?:

mrcs87
01-31-2014, 05:13 PM
can i install a game like fifa 14 psn with this method ?

Any thoughts ?

BettermanX
01-31-2014, 09:23 PM
Are you using this version?:

originally i used the version here but after the installation it would be stuck at screen after the message of how mM is not fully installed which was a bomb in the centre and a "press X" near it. When i found a different 1 in iso it ran but it was an earlier version 4.46 or there about, this was the one from where i got the problem. Out of precaution i tried installing the one here suggested by you but nothing new ...

freddy75
02-02-2014, 07:04 AM
When i found a different 1 in iso it ran but it was an earlier version 4.46 or there about, this was the one from where i got the problem.

The earlier versions do not have a working "create folder" option (This is why you ran into those problems) .... deanK managed to get this working in the later versions of his manager.

BettermanX
02-03-2014, 06:17 PM
The earlier versions do not have a working "create folder" option (This is why you ran into those problems) .... deanK managed to get this working in the later versions of his manager.

Thx for the response and info but i really want know why this version of multiman wont start since what you said about the earlier version is true

super1bat
02-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Create the folder the same name as the game ID and test the Online pass to see if the DLC worked.

okay
thanks a lot :)

xoyuncu
02-05-2014, 06:09 AM
I have
and

Thanks

I created a folder as BCES01584 and dlc dind't work but i created a folder as BCES01585 and dlc worked.

If you look at name of tlou data folder with Multiman you see name of data folder is BCES01585-data.

super1bat
02-05-2014, 10:04 PM
I created a folder as BCES01584 and dlc dind't work but i created a folder as BCES01585 and dlc worked.

If you look at name of tlou data folder with Multiman you see name of data folder is BCES01585-data.

yeah I already installed the dlc :)

thanks

hmrustice
02-07-2014, 08:17 AM
At the top of the list press "O" and you will be asked to "Create New Folder" Press X to confirm
Then use the "on screen keyboard" to type the name of the game

Hey guys, I try create a folder, but I can't.
No error shows up, but the new folder doesn't not appear on list.
Anyone could help?

Uchiha_Madara
02-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Hey guys, I try create a folder, but I can't.
No error shows up, but the new folder doesn't not appear on list.
Anyone could help?

I have the same problem, when I tried to create a folder nothing happened

Edit : I've downloaded the topic's Mm version and now it works I can create folders perfectly, I will edit again and if it's works fine to install DLC as well.

Edit 2 : Creating folders for DLC works nicely too

gamer514
02-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Hey freddy75,

I followed your tutorial to the letter and am still unable to play the following duplex games: GTA 5, bioshock infinite and nhl 14. after I do the whole process and rebuild database, the game icon shows in the game list of the main menu but when I click the icon to load the game, the game loads and then simply goes back to the ps3 menu without displaying any message! In some cases the icon in the game list shows "unsupported data". I tried multiple times re-installing each game from scratch but no success.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks!!:D

P.S these games did not come with crack folders, and when I extract the .rar files I get a ps3_games, disc.sfb, and sometimes ps3_update folders.

flavioliu
02-11-2014, 01:04 PM
Hey freddy75,

I followed your tutorial to the letter and am still unable to play the following duplex games: GTA 5, bioshock infinite and nhl 14. after I do the whole process and rebuild database, the game icon shows in the game list of the main menu but when I click the icon to load the game, the game loads and then simply goes back to the ps3 menu without displaying any message! In some cases the icon in the game list shows "unsupported data". I tried multiple times re-installing each game from scratch but no success.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks!!:D

P.S these games did not come with crack folders, and when I extract the .rar files I get a ps3_games, disc.sfb, and sometimes ps3_update folders.

If the games you are trying to install have this file structure:
PS3_GAME
PS3_UPDATE
DISC.SFB

Then probably you got a BLURAY RIP. To make them to work, just
use genps3 iso. I recomend you to check the eboot.bin with Isotools from
3k3y before generating the iso. If the eboot validation is ok, the game
will boot fine.

freddy75
02-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Hey freddy75,

these games did not come with crack folders, and when I extract the .rar files I get a ps3_games, disc.sfb, and sometimes ps3_update folders.

Those are not PSN games .... This tutorial is how to install PSN games not bluray rips.

gamer514
02-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Oooh ok I see...I thought they were PSN because they were from DUPLEX like the game you used for the tutorial.

I tried using genps3iso AND checking the eboot.bin and I would get the exact same result when I start the game from the Cobra browser (game starts then just goes back to main menu without ANY message displayed). All my other games that come in this format (ps3_game, ps3_update, disc.sfb) work perfectly fine, except those from DUPLEX (why is that?). Are ALL games that come in this format bluray rips? Or some like Duplex require some tuning such as editing param.sfo etc. (watched some tutorials on this but it seems really difficult!)

Do you know how to solve this issue? if not, where is the right place to post this?

Thanks!! :D

freddy75
02-12-2014, 07:03 AM
Oooh ok I see...I thought they were PSN because they were from DUPLEX like the game you used for the tutorial.

I tried using genps3iso AND checking the eboot.bin and I would get the exact same result when I start the game from the Cobra browser (game starts then just goes back to main menu without ANY message displayed). All my other games that come in this format (ps3_game, ps3_update, disc.sfb) work perfectly fine, except those from DUPLEX (why is that?). Are ALL games that come in this format bluray rips? Or some like Duplex require some tuning such as editing param.sfo etc. (watched some tutorials on this but it seems really difficult!)

Do you know how to solve this issue? if not, where is the right place to post this?

Thanks!! :D

Many of the Duplex Bluray rips contained modified Eboot.bin files .... You need to remove the modded Eboot file and replace with the original Eboot file.

99% of the time Duplex will add the original Eboot inside one the folders but it will need to be renamed.
They will call the file EBOOT_ORG.BIN ( Or something similar ) .
Simply Delete the modified EBOOT.BIN and rename EBOOT_ORG.BIN to EBOOT.BIN and you should be ready to play.
If the folder does not contain the Original EBOOT file then you will need to go looking for it.

DarkKitarist
02-16-2014, 08:08 AM
So like I have a couple of questions. I have read the thread but still I hope that some one can help me or point me in the right direction... So like I have a couple of games from PSN(Duplex) the most important one is Resident Evil 4 HD which I would even buy but I can't connect to PSN... So I have a 4k Ps3 with 4.53 ofw and I don't know if I kan use the multiman method to install the game... will multiman 4.00.1 work with my ps3? Also is there any other way to install? I have a coupld of games that are from psn but are game discs not install packages... I tried to make a game package a "disc game" but it did't work... any ideas?

Tnx for the help...

PS. NVM :D I made ISOs :D work like a F*** charm :D

c12omran
02-23-2014, 02:32 AM
do i have to use the fixes for them .and do they count as the crack for the game .

i have mafia 2 , and journey , braid , minecraft ,, these are the games that i wanna try

freddy75
02-23-2014, 06:45 PM
do i have to use the fixes for them .and do they count as the crack for the game .

i have mafia 2 , and journey , braid , minecraft ,, these are the games that i wanna try

Minecraft is a pain to get running properly, search the forum and you should find more info on how to get Minecraft working.

SiXAXiS released Braid in ISO format ..... I suggest you use that version instead.

Not sure about the other 2 games ... I've not tested them myself.

You need to add all of the PKG files together in the correct sequence ... So if a game has a Crack PKG then that needs to be extracted and placed inside of the extracted retail PKG ( This will overwrite contents of the retail PKG to make it a cracked version )

Hipnotik42
02-23-2014, 08:09 PM
thanks for tutorials

c12omran
02-24-2014, 01:40 AM
thank u

still , i have one more question : do i have to use games fixes (3.55+ ,4.21+) or are they for cfw
i am on 4.55 OFW

freddy75
02-24-2014, 05:39 AM
thank u

still , i have one more question : do i have to use games fixes (3.55+ ,4.21+) or are they for cfw
i am on 4.55 OFW

No ... Do not use fixes that are for lower firmwares than the official release.

jdut
02-26-2014, 07:34 AM
Hello

i just give a try with bearded's method to build isos from psn game with Resident Evil NPEB00816 ....

Every thing went fine until trueAncestor step ( i have to copy tool's directory content to TrueAncestor directory , otherwise scetool was unknown ) ... i finally made my eboot.bin , put it back on game's directory but i am unable to buld iso ....

1) With genps3iso 2.4 , i had at first try an error ( unable to locate /ps3_game/param.sfo ) so i copy param.sfo to ps3_game folder and then i had this error :

Fatal error : this version of ps3isogen only supports ansi characters in filename (ch=E(90))

2) with isotools from 3k3y , no error messages but it doesn't build my iso ....

Any suggestion welcome

and BTW , thanks bearded for your method

freddy75
02-26-2014, 08:54 AM
Hello

i just give a try with bearded's method to build isos from psn game with Resident Evil NPEB00816 ....

Every thing went fine until trueAncestor step ( i have to copy tool's directory content to TrueAncestor directory , otherwise scetool was unknown ) ... i finally made my eboot.bin , put it back on game's directory but i am unable to buld iso ....

1) With genps3iso 2.4 , i had at first try an error ( unable to locate /ps3_game/param.sfo ) so i copy param.sfo to ps3_game folder and then i had this error :

Fatal error : this version of ps3isogen only supports ansi characters in filename (ch=E(90))

2) with isotools from 3k3y , no error messages but it doesn't build my iso ....

Any suggestion welcome

and BTW , thanks bearded for your method

Read this : http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/274162-Request-GenPs3ISO-UTF-UCS-ANSI-Character-Support?highlight=resident+evil+ansi

jdut
02-26-2014, 09:05 AM
yes i saw this thread too after ....

best way is to buy game on psn store and compare files ... ?

john__mclaine
02-27-2014, 01:08 AM
yes i saw this thread too after ....

best way is to buy game on psn store and compare files ... ?

I sent you a MP.

jdut
02-27-2014, 04:02 AM
thxs john for the MP .

At least , someone managed to get it work on ode . Unfortunately , links are down and uploader has been banned since ....
i'am still trying to make it work .

john__mclaine
02-28-2014, 12:56 AM
thxs john for the MP .

At least , someone managed to get it work on ode . Unfortunately , links are down and uploader has been banned since ....
i'am still trying to make it work .

This weeked Iīll be AFK, on monday Iīll upload my iso to Mega and send you a MP, beacuse I think Itīs not allowed to post game links in this forum. :)

jdut
03-01-2014, 05:31 AM
got it working !!

uploading important files ... will report back later

Kevrox12
03-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Hello, I created a blank folder called "TEST" with this version of MM to test if it was working. Gladly, It was, but then I realized as I tried to delete it and move on, It just would not :/ Is that normal? What can I do about it? Thanks in Advance!

P.S.: I'm on OFW (As most of us) w/ Cobra ODE (As all of us)

john__mclaine
03-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Hello, I created a blank folder called "TEST" with this version of MM to test if it was working. Gladly, It was, but then I realized as I tried to delete it and move on, It just would not :/ Is that normal? What can I do about it? Thanks in Advance!

P.S.: I'm on OFW (As most of us) w/ Cobra ODE (As all of us)

Sadly, yes. You canīt delete or move the created folder, only left it empty.

got it working !!

uploading important files ... will report back later

Great! Can you describe the process, please?

Thanks!

noratio
03-02-2014, 09:46 PM
ok... I have tried everything, always get that error 800**7 no matter what games I've tried. I can rebuild the database no problem, icons appear in the list of available games..and the error comes up. Any solution to that? I am pretty sure the problem comes from the eboot.bin and something tells me that installing the cracked files over is good and bad; good because it signs the game so it bypass PSN validity and bad because it breaks the bootable flag.

I have read on the subject and I can't figured out how we can make it works without an original eboot.bin.

The tutorial is nice and thanks for it, but there is a missing part where we need something to patch original eboot.bin to boot properly and let the PS3 thinks it's original. Multiman FTP server makes it very easy to go and upload files without a USB stick, this is amazing work from Deank. I am sure we are closed to have a tool to patch PSN games to work with Ode.

Anybody has an idea of what could fix this error? Latest games I have tries was Virtual Fighter 5 Final Showdown and Tony Hawks HD.

Thanks in advance to help in the progress of a solution. I can test anything, I have a PS3 only for that.

Kevrox12
03-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Sadly, yes. You canīt delete or move the created folder, only left it empty.

Thanks for the insight! (:

JxLoader
03-10-2014, 06:53 AM
Maybe dumb question but!

Can I use the latest Multiman insteed of the one on the link here ?

DeanK have released several new versions after this one over here, so whats the deal ?

Best Regards!

DarkKitarist
03-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Maybe dumb question but!

Can I use the latest Multiman insteed of the one on the link here ?

DeanK have released several new versions after this one over here, so whats the deal ?

Best Regards!

Are they for "ODE" or are they just multiMan? As the normal multiMan will not work on ODEs... So if you by any chance have a newer version that is for ODE than by all means :D please upload it here so we can all use it :D

JxLoader
03-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Are they for "ODE" or are they just multiMan? As the normal multiMan will not work on ODEs... So if you by any chance have a newer version that is for ODE than by all means :D please upload it here so we can all use it :D

I have seen that after looking around but thanks annyway.
Noop sorry no more new version for what I can find :)

kbythwood
03-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Trying to play games from ps3 internal hdd .I downloaded lord of shadows 2( disc version) I used this method to install it to ps3 hdd with multiman , I also charged param.sfo to hg hard drive.After I rebuilded data base I started the game got error code 80029530
My question is since we are able to use multiman and have access to game directly on ps3 hdd wil minecraft dedug work?

Link info came from : http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/minecraft/704344-tutorial-how-use-debug-eboot-without-error-80029530-a.html

Step 1] download file
Step 2] Place (NPUB31419) folder into your*dev_hdd0/game*directory*[Step 3] Place (NPUB31419-Minecraft) into your*dev_hdd0/GAMES*folder[Step 4] Go to Multiman, Load the Minecraft, and then it will bring you to XMB.[Step 5] From there you are going to see*Unsupported data, Go up to*/app_home/PS3_GAME/*and press X, it will load the game on a debug eboot and you will be able to attach process*-I allready included a 1.02 Debug Eboot in both files for Minecraft

AtomiClock
03-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Trying to play games from ps3 internal hdd .I downloaded lord of shadows 2( disc version) I used this method to install it to ps3 hdd with multiman , I also charged param.sfo to hg hard drive.After I rebuilded data base I started the game got error code 80029530
My question is since we are able to use multiman and have access to game directly on ps3 hdd wil minecraft dedug work?

Link info came from : http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/minecraft/704344-tutorial-how-use-debug-eboot-without-error-80029530-a.html

Step 1] download file
Step 2] Place (NPUB31419) folder into your*dev_hdd0/game*directory*[Step 3] Place (NPUB31419-Minecraft) into your*dev_hdd0/GAMES*folder[Step 4] Go to Multiman, Load the Minecraft, and then it will bring you to XMB.[Step 5] From there you are going to see*Unsupported data, Go up to*/app_home/PS3_GAME/*and press X, it will load the game on a debug eboot and you will be able to attach process*-I allready included a 1.02 Debug Eboot in both files for Minecraft

I installed with success minecraft in XMB.
I did not realize what your doubts. ???

reneroluce
03-19-2014, 04:38 AM
guys iam trying using Multiman 4.50 but it freeze on multiman 1st screen aleardy press O but still can't get in on multiman XMB

roaringlion
03-24-2014, 03:31 AM
guys iam trying using Multiman 4.50 but it freeze on multiman 1st screen aleardy press O but still can't get in on multiman XMB

multiman needs an internet connection, just hook up your ethernet cable and then remove it later, make sure you don't accidentally update to 4.55 if you're on a superslim.

cheers

titan
04-04-2014, 03:45 AM
Hi guys,

There is any chance to copy an edat file into the location /dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/exdata/ of the hdd of ps3? I tried to open /dev_hdd0/home with multiman but I can't, I'm kicked back to the main screen. Any idea how to do it? Many thanks in advance.

Joonie86
04-04-2014, 03:48 AM
Hi guys,

There is any chance to copy an edat file into the location /dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/exdata/ of the hdd of ps3? I tried to open /dev_hdd0/home with multiman but I can't, I'm kicked back to the main screen. Any idea how to do it? Many thanks in advance.

This question has been answered many times, you can only play games as DEMO version since you do not have an access to the home folder, so No.

titan
04-04-2014, 03:59 AM
This question has been answered many times, you can only play games as DEMO version since you do not have an access to the home folder, so No.

Ok, thanks a lot, you saved my time.

DarkKitarist
04-04-2014, 06:23 AM

Has been answered and will be answered a 100 more times :D

juan_cuerdas
04-04-2014, 02:23 PM
***** i used google traductor i sorry...

Hello good day ! thank you all for taking the time to help me the problem is the following :

Hey used this tutorial ( here ) to install PSN GAMES (R4 and Resident CV ) follow all steps to the letter but in the end after entering recovery and rebuild database to start the play and in section play the game does not appear go to saved data and if it appears that there will be doing ma ?

1 - I draw the pgk game
2 - extract the pgk with fix
3 - Replacement game files with the fix
4 - copy the game folder already fixeado a FAT32 formatted USB
5 - I open mm
6 - open the address hdd0/game and I create a folder with the game ID ( NPEB00553 )
7 - open usb000/NPEB00553 and I copy the folder to hdd0/games NPEB00553 and replacement when requested
8 - hope to finish copying turn off the console I enter recovery mode
9 - rebuild database
10 - reboot and nothing the game icon does not even appear in the games section

Highlights *** read in the post ( in English ) should appear in the game ready to open that can not do wrong eh Resident tested with CV and anything with the R4 to be copying with MM error and sends me back is canceled files .

Second method :

IDC.exe

using the Install Disc Creator

1 - I do the ISO with Pkg
2 - install the pgk (this time if it appears in the section games)
3 - open the CAMF and I copy files to fix the game folder in the hdd0/game
4 - Restart the PS3
5 - open the game and error 800 xxxx etc. .. I do not remember exactly

*** Finally I can not play PSN games

Joonie86
04-05-2014, 03:39 AM
***** i used google traductor i sorry...

Hello good day ! thank you all for taking the time to help me the problem is the following :

Hey used this tutorial ( here ) to install PSN GAMES (R4 and Resident CV ) follow all steps to the letter but in the end after entering recovery and rebuild database to start the play and in section play the game does not appear go to saved data and if it appears that there will be doing ma ?

1 - I draw the pgk game
2 - extract the pgk with fix
3 - Replacement game files with the fix
4 - copy the game folder already fixeado a FAT32 formatted USB
5 - I open mm
6 - open the address hdd0/game and I create a folder with the game ID ( NPEB00553 )
7 - open usb000/NPEB00553 and I copy the folder to hdd0/games NPEB00553 and replacement when requested
8 - hope to finish copying turn off the console I enter recovery mode
9 - rebuild database
10 - reboot and nothing the game icon does not even appear in the games section

Highlights *** read in the post ( in English ) should appear in the game ready to open that can not do wrong eh Resident tested with CV and anything with the R4 to be copying with MM error and sends me back is canceled files .

Second method :

IDC.exe

using the Install Disc Creator

1 - I do the ISO with Pkg
2 - install the pgk (this time if it appears in the section games)
3 - open the CAMF and I copy files to fix the game folder in the hdd0/game
4 - Restart the PS3
5 - open the game and error 800 xxxx etc. .. I do not remember exactly

*** Finally I can not play PSN games
FIXED/RESIGNED EBOOT.BIN/SELF/SPRX do not work on internal hdd. [dev_hdd0/game/XXXXXXXXX]

So if you want to get it working you can try to make it ISO instead. [no data on internal hdd is required]
However you have very low chance to get the psn games working.

DarkKitarist
04-05-2014, 08:28 AM
FIXED/RESIGNED EBOOT.BIN/SELF/SPRX do not work on internal hdd. [dev_hdd0/game/XXXXXXXXX]

So if you want to get it working you can try to make it ISO instead. [no data on internal hdd is required]
However you have very low chance to get the psn games working.

Yes very very low :P but you'll have to try to know...

shazmekool
04-05-2014, 11:58 AM
I tried the steps...I created folder with name "NPUB30468" inside "/dev_hhd0/game/" however I cant see any folder created then I copy the game folder and paste it here the it gives following error:
"Operation failed or canceled"

I have started MM as an game ISO from browser.

Any idea what is wrong here???

Its working now, all I did is to replace manager.iso with mm and now its working as it should be :)

Thanks for the tutorial :)

Fakk28
04-30-2014, 06:03 AM
You guys should take a look at the PKG to ISO on the net of Zombie Apocalypse. The game has an install file ISO for the demo and then another ISO to play the game after the demo is installed. I believe this is to get around the fact that there needs to be data installed on the internal HDD in order to play the ISO on the external HDD. This method might be applicable for many PSN games that need data installed on the internal HDD. Perhaps all games that do not work the normal way should be tried this way. Just food for thought. I have been bumping into a ton of PSN titles turned into ISOs, so I know the conversion rate is higher than we initially expected.

riuka
05-12-2014, 02:23 AM
multiman freezes on the startup screen there is a music and does not continue help please!

Joonie86
05-12-2014, 04:18 AM
You guys should take a look at the PKG to ISO on the net of Zombie Apocalypse. The game has an install file ISO for the demo and then another ISO to play the game after the demo is installed. I believe this is to get around the fact that there needs to be data installed on the internal HDD in order to play the ISO on the external HDD. This method might be applicable for many PSN games that need data installed on the internal HDD. Perhaps all games that do not work the normal way should be tried this way. Just food for thought. I have been bumping into a ton of PSN titles turned into ISOs, so I know the conversion rate is higher than we initially expected.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/274082-Tutorial-Creating-bootable-iso-images-from-PSN-Games/page6

I think this is something similar to what you wrote, although this method helps regular PSN games to work better. [this has nothing to do with unlocking deme games to get full access.]

super1bat
05-12-2014, 10:24 AM
hi

did anyone tried

God.of.War.Ghost.of.Sparta.HD.PSN.PS3-DUPLEX
and
God.of.War.Chains.of.Olympus.HD.PSN.PS3-DUPLEX

?

thx

riuka
05-13-2014, 10:34 AM
guys as i can start the multiman on cobra ode?

riuka
05-13-2014, 11:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i97MLxJLHVI&feature=youtu.be

john__mclaine
05-14-2014, 02:01 AM
Install and run MM with the PS3 connected to internet (LAN or Wifi).

Regards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i97MLxJLHVI&feature=youtu.be

riuka
05-14-2014, 08:52 AM
ok thanks john .. but there is no danger of ban?

john__mclaine
05-15-2014, 04:56 AM
ok thanks john .. but there is no danger of ban?

As far as I know, if you donīt login to PSN or play online, you should be fine.

DarkKitarist
05-15-2014, 05:41 AM
I play and login even while having PSN to ISO conversions mounted and I play them normally :P didn't get banned yet... But people shouldn risk like I do since I don't care if I'm banned...

BigBad
05-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Is there a way to completely remove psn game that I already install? I want to completely erase minecraf. I'm unable to erase the folder of minecraft even when I'm in multiman hd0 and browse through the folder.

DarkKitarist
05-16-2014, 06:32 AM
Is there a way to completely remove psn game that I already install? I want to completely erase minecraf. I'm unable to erase the folder of minecraft even when I'm in multiman hd0 and browse through the folder.
Well that can be a problem... Have you tried any other browser?

BigBad
05-16-2014, 07:45 PM
I only know multiman, what are the others?

breaveman
05-17-2014, 06:57 AM
it's work for me thanx

DarkKitarist
05-18-2014, 01:49 PM
I only know multiman, what are the others?

Comgenie's Awesome Filemanager, eleganz also has a browser I think...

tarekhaig
06-23-2014, 02:31 AM
\is there any way that uve tried playing ac liberation hd using this sort of conversion , am actually stuck on trial mode same goes for batman black gate , i got the crack for it but i can't access home folder in devhdd0 to paste it and i got the crack pkg for batman i can actually install it but still nothing happens ... any idea ...?

DarkKitarist
06-23-2014, 04:08 AM
\is there any way that uve tried playing ac liberation hd using this sort of conversion , am actually stuck on trial mode same goes for batman black gate , i got the crack for it but i can't access home folder in devhdd0 to paste it and i got the crack pkg for batman i can actually install it but still nothing happens ... any idea ...?

If you have OFW you CANNOT access devhdd0... without that you cannot play most games... You have to use the FTP method or make a PSN-ISO conversion...

tarekhaig
06-23-2014, 11:51 PM
Yes i know ftp i access devhdd0 with filezilla create a folder of thw same file that i want to copy from pc aka a game like ac liberation then rebuild data base , but when i access the game after doing this m stuck on trial mode...

isou2
07-11-2014, 01:58 AM
If you have OFW you CANNOT access devhdd0... without that you cannot play most games... You have to use the FTP method or make a PSN-ISO conversion...

why do we have to use the ftp method? why not multiman?

yonut32
07-25-2014, 07:00 PM

How do you convert a PSN game into a ISO?

SDeath
07-26-2014, 02:43 PM
How do you convert a PSN game into a ISO?

This one maybe: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/274082-Tutorial-Creating-bootable-iso-images-from-PSN-Games
;-)

yonut32
07-28-2014, 04:06 AM
This one maybe: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/274082-Tutorial-Creating-bootable-iso-images-from-PSN-Games
;-)

Thanks SDeath

Venseer
07-29-2014, 06:30 PM
I am having troubles with Okami PSN. I don't have the cracked thing for that one (don't know where to find)

First I tried to install using the multiman method, and I kept getting booted back to the XBM or telling me an error had occured (didn't recorded the numbers, sorry)

Then I made a install disc and it sucessfuly installed on my PS3, but I need to load the disc every time I make the game, how do I make the game not dependant on the disk.

Now it tells me an error 80010009 and I can't start the game.

DarkKitarist
08-05-2014, 06:53 AM
I am having troubles with Okami PSN. I don't have the cracked thing for that one (don't know where to find)

First I tried to install using the multiman method, and I kept getting booted back to the XBM or telling me an error had occured (didn't recorded the numbers, sorry)

Then I made a install disc and it sucessfuly installed on my PS3, but I need to load the disc every time I make the game, how do I make the game not dependant on the disk.

Now it tells me an error 80010009 and I can't start the game.

I couldn't get Okami HD to work on my PS3... I think it's just not made to work :D

But if you by some stroke of luck get it to work :D please write :D

Venseer
08-05-2014, 08:07 PM
I couldn't get Okami HD to work on my PS3... I think it's just not made to work :D

But if you by some stroke of luck get it to work :D please write :D

I made it work by making a installer disc with the PKG files. But I have to emulate the disc I made with the ODE to run the game, even if it shows up on the Games tab.

I just followed a "Make a ISO of PSN game tutorial" and made a few personal adjusts here and there.

Jock O'Strap
08-05-2014, 09:27 PM
if you try to play without emulating the disc, what error do you get? anything like," to play this game, you must insert the following disc"?
I didn't completely understand your original post.

Venseer
08-06-2014, 04:43 AM
if you try to play without emulating the disc, what error do you get? anything like," to play this game, you must insert the following disc"?
I didn't completely understand your original post.

If I try to play the game without emulating the disc. I get the following error.

"Please, insert the following disc and try opening the game again

OKAMI HD"
Which is my installation disc. If I emulate it, I can run the game no problem, else I get this error or 800100009

It's just a minor thing, I wanted to know if anyone knew how to fix it.

Jock O'Strap
08-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Thanks for your explanation.
Could you open the eboot in a hexeditor and post the lines around the content id, like this

00000440 4E50 4400 0000 0001 0000 0003 0000 0021 NPD............!
00000450 4550 3430 3334 2D4E 5045 4239 3033 3934 EP4034-NPEB90394
00000460 5F30 302D 4445 4D4F 4844 4442 4F4F 5447 _00-DEMOHDDBOOTG
00000470 414D 4530 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 AME0............

that 21 at the end of the first line is set when the package is created with DRMType = DiscBind
some people refer to it as update flag, but that 21 for updates is only one use for it.

without discbind the value would be 1

00000440 4E50 4400 0000 0001 0000 0003 0000 0001 NPD.............

It's very easy to change, but I don't think you can edit the eboot and run it on official firmware as a hdd boot game.

IIRC, the behavior is a little different if the game has just been installed and the disc is removed. You might be able to play the game without emulating the disc right after installing. After turning off the console and turning it back on it won't play without the disc. Maybe these guys can recommend some other trick for playing psn games with the ODE.

Venseer
08-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Thanks for your explanation.
Could you open the eboot in a hexeditor and post the lines around the content id, like this

00000440 4E50 4400 0000 0001 0000 0003 0000 0021 NPD............!
00000450 4550 3430 3334 2D4E 5045 4239 3033 3934 EP4034-NPEB90394
00000460 5F30 302D 4445 4D4F 4844 4442 4F4F 5447 _00-DEMOHDDBOOTG
00000470 414D 4530 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 AME0............

that 21 at the end of the first line is set when the package is created with DRMType = DiscBind
some people refer to it as update flag, but that 21 for updates is only one use for it.

without discbind the value would be 1

00000440 4E50 4400 0000 0001 0000 0003 0000 0001 NPD.............

It's very easy to change, but I don't think you can edit the eboot and run it on official firmware as a hdd boot game.

IIRC, the behavior is a little different if the game has just been installed and the disc is removed. You might be able to play the game without emulating the disc right after installing. After turning off the console and turning it back on it won't play without the disc. Maybe these guys can recommend some other trick for playing psn games with the ODE.

I updated the section with 0021 to 00001 and then it turned out to give me the error 80029530. I tried resigning it and then it gave me the error 80010017.

I don't think there is a way sadly. But it was worth the try I guess. If you or anyone knows how to bypass this, could you please tell me, thanks.

Jock O'Strap
08-06-2014, 10:30 PM
sorry--my post wasn't very clear. yes, editing it like that, it will no longer pass the signature check.

zenkiller
08-07-2014, 09:59 AM
this is a good wat about the amazing spider man 2 i dont find its folder in dev_hhd0/game

Neko-
08-20-2014, 02:50 PM
If I try to play the game without emulating the disc. I get the following error.

"Please, insert the following disc and try opening the game again

OKAMI HD"
Which is my installation disc. If I emulate it, I can run the game no problem, else I get this error or 800100009

It's just a minor thing, I wanted to know if anyone knew how to fix it.

I also have okami HD working like this, doesn't bother me to have to load the install disc inn cobra then select the HDD version to play. It's the only way to get this game.

themoocow
08-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Hello has anyone got battle princes of arcadias to work on ode ?
i have tried so many ways but still unable to play this game
i tried to install the game like the first page says and when i launch the game i got error (80010017)
then i tried to resign the eboot and then relaunch the game but still got error (80029530)
i tried to convert it to iso and got black screen of death

Please Help !

flyingnimbus
08-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Hello has anyone got battle princes of arcadias to work on ode ?
i have tried so many ways but still unable to play this game
i tried to install the game like the first page says and when i launch the game i got error (80010017)
then i tried to resign the eboot and then relaunch the game but still got error (80029530)
i tried to convert it to iso and got black screen of death

Please Help !

I'm currently trying to get the game to work, i tried converting the game to ISO like you did and got black screen,
however there is a japanese version of the game, so what im trying to do now is copy DATA from the english PSN version and paste it onto the japanese blu ray version and see if it works.
will let you know

flyingnimbus
08-28-2014, 10:05 AM
ok it works this way, pm me for link

yonut32
08-28-2014, 03:54 PM
Tried to get Persona 4 Ultimax working, no luck. Getting error 80010009

flyingnimbus
08-31-2014, 02:13 PM
I made it work by making a installer disc with the PKG files. But I have to emulate the disc I made with the ODE to run the game, even if it shows up on the Games tab.

I just followed a "Make a ISO of PSN game tutorial" and made a few personal adjusts here and there.

hi please can you tell me the file structure of the ISO you made to install that PKG??

and what adjustemnts did u make

flyingnimbus
09-01-2014, 11:39 AM
this only works on games where the fix.pkg has unaltered eboot, in games that are non-c00 trial that can be fixed with a edat licence file in the hdd0/game folder