PDA

View Full Version : GCOS 1.4 - Released!

Pages : [1] 2

Shadowsan
03-04-2005, 12:53 PM
GCMODS proudly present
-------------------

GCOS Version 1.4

System ........: Nintendo Gamecube

File Name .....: GCoSv1.4.zip

Released ......: 04/03/2005

Whatsnew in 1.4 :

- Auto-detect region improved
- Full drive 8 support
- Much improved drive code
- Dol uploading fixed! Check the nc directory for uploading dols in windows!
- Ripping works for all users

Info:
-----
Finally a .dol with all the features!
With the aid of Anaconda, we now finally have an open source way to boot
all region Game backups regardless of whether you have a Viper GC!

Features:
--------
Play backups and originals from every region!
Backup Games using your BBA and any Internet Browser
Upload and execute .dol and .elf using netcat (port 4000)

Known Bugs:
----------
There is still a bug with the real-time clock not working
Submit your bugs to us at #gcmods

Future:
-------
Bug identifying and fixing currently. Trying to make it work for
everyone is a pain, but worth it.
A GX re-write may be on the cards soon enough, but the
old skool feel of the current menus is fun for now...

Compile Notes:
-------------
Yes, the source is _really_ included this time :P

Greets:
-----------

#GCmods EFNET

Anaconda peeps / K-0-D

fogbank / nomis

cReDiAr / tmbinc

Beta people at #GCMods

And everyone else that made this a possibility :)

shangrula
03-04-2005, 12:54 PM
QUALITY! :D :D :D

Shadowsan
03-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Updated

There was a few incorrect letters ;)

Download this one ;)

redwolf
03-04-2005, 01:19 PM
still no flash Viper via LAN or DVD :(

but good job, keep it coming :D

majinchaos
03-04-2005, 01:43 PM
mario power tennis en viewtifull joe2 get dre after the intro anyone could play these two games ?

tX_ram
03-04-2005, 01:44 PM
- Much improved drive code

Can somebody explain this further? What was improved, how was it improved, etc?

ZildjianKX
03-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Great work :)

Not to sound dumb, but what is the GCOS_1.4.VGC for?

Xboxmodder999
03-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by tX_ram
Can somebody explain this further? What was improved, how was it improved, etc?

I'm guessing that it means better compatibilty with the drives, I could be wrong though.

Monkey
03-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ZildjianKX
Great work :)

Not to sound dumb, but what is the GCOS_1.4.VGC for?

Thats for if you have a viper and want to use it , I think.

Just one question, Finally hooked my programmer up permanent , so I can use this now , but do games work better with it(not interested in other features). As at the moment with cobra 0.4 , all my games work 100% cept mario tennis randomly says , a error has occured , please restart console ( not red dre screen). Will this allow me to play? it without messing me other games up. or should I just stick with cobra 0.4

ThePeasant
03-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Can I flash my Viper from a disc with this like it's possible with Cobra?

Shadowsan
03-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Ok, it seems dol loading if you have gcos on a viper is STILL fucked. I'm not sure why, but i'm so pissed off with it right now that you can be sure it'll be via http next time, and if it still doesn't work, then it's a problem with the viper.

Oh, and i'd appreciate it if I wasn't asked to put in new features the moment a new version is released - Pisses me off royally ;)

To answer your questions... the normal cobra04 fix applies drive 8 patch to all drives regardless. We've found that that doesn't work very well with v4 and 6 drives, so we have an auto-detect in there that uses the right version for the fdrive you're using now.

Plus we've cleaned it all up and optimised it so that loading times are a LOT better than in provious GCOS versions.

As for mario tennis, i've had people playing it on gcos 1.4beta perfectly fine, so it should work for you :)

Shadowsan

Monkey
03-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Tried mario tennis and played for abit and it seemed fine , but gonna get my brother to play it for long time later , see if stays ok.

As for the bios itself , seems good only thing is , and I don't wannt sound ungratefull , but it seems really slow compared to the cobra , but if it gets mario tennis working fine , then it's all good :).

shangrula
03-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by ThePeasant
Can I flash my Viper from a disc with this like it's possible with Cobra?
nope, flash with programmer...unless you can do with with the BBA...no DVD-r Flashing it seems

Troed
03-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Shadowsan
Oh, and i'd appreciate it if I wasn't asked to put in new features the moment a new version is released - Pisses me off royally ;)

*g* - the standard answer when it comes to open source is to say "send me a patch". So, is there a special reason why you need to hold down A to get Wavebird support or should I send you a patch? ;)

Z80
03-04-2005, 03:30 PM
I'll give it a whirl and see if it's as good as original anaconda with loading my backups. Versions 1.0, 1.1 and I think 1.2 were all unable to boot all my backups.

Xboxmodder999
03-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the update, it's working great:D

The video auto select is working for me now, as is the game backup! Also it boots everyone of my backups, while 1.3 didn't. I really love the new wavebird support, I didn't like having to have wired controller hooked up. And how you need to hold down the "A" button for it to work? I don't mind it I was just wondering why :)

Again, thank you so much, it's a great inprovement over the last version.

justinkb
03-04-2005, 03:49 PM
no flash support still right?

you guys need to add that, a lot of people are hesitant to try it because that feature isn't supported.

and, if you do decide to add it, make sure you NEVER accidently break that code, cuz people won't be able to up/downgrade without hooking up the programmer.

GameSphere
03-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Z80
I'll give it a whirl and see if it's as good as original anaconda with loading my backups. Versions 1.0, 1.1 and I think 1.2 were all unable to boot all my backups.

Please report your findings. I would like to know too if this is as good or better than original anaconda. If it works great, can you post your image? Thanks for your help Z80.

tX_ram
03-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by justinkb
no flash support still right?

IMO, you're going to be waiting a long time for this feature. Just think about it for a minute or two. They don't have access to the internal devkit for the chip and there is no documentation whatsoever on how to do this.
The Utopia guys would have to explain it.

poopdedoop
03-04-2005, 04:07 PM
this is great! loaded all my backups (the 3 that i have :p) Also works with AR + Memcard

mikedc55
03-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Just tried this new bios and it´s working better than all the others.

Burnt the game The Hobbit. ( game sucks)
It would give a dre at the start and would not boot at all with all the previous bios releases. Just tried the GCOS_1.4.VGC and the game worked straight away.

Pal GC Drive model 08 2002/23 (61)

Keep up the great work :D

molton
03-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Great work, I love GCOS 1.3 so I'll have to give this a try, I don't know why people want to waste a dvd everytime they want to flash their mod chip, especially with the frequency of new releases, but I'd say the functionality built into your software is more than adequate so far. Keep up the great work please. :D Also, what compiler are you guys using. Thanks

villain1
03-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Is there a simple way to replace gcos 1.3 with 1.4 on my memory card as the only way i could get this working was with a .bin file that someone made in a previous post with all files in it.

thanks

Shadowsan
03-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Troed: if you have a patch....

It'd be much appreciated :)

The same goes to everyone else - if you can think of a better way to do something, contribute! that's why the source is there in the first place!

Shadowsan

shangrula
03-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Troed
*g* - the standard answer when it comes to open source is to say "send me a patch". So, is there a special reason why you need to hold down A to get Wavebird support or should I send you a patch? ;)
this patch would really be cool for wavebid users if you can do it? :)

Tseng
03-04-2005, 06:49 PM
you viper users need to get off shadowsans back. its not his fault team viper give you the shaft in updates ;)

molton
03-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Shadowsan, what compiler do you use that makefile with because I can't edit makefiles to save my life. I'm just tying to make a custom build but I love messing around with stuff so maybe I'll come up with something useful.

redwolf
03-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Tseng
you viper users need to get off shadowsans back. its not his fault team viper give you the shaft in updates ;) FYI noone is on his back... all we "asking" if/when is this gonna be suported etc. and since this is open source then someone else might able to do it. and since DVD-r are cheap these days i wouldn't mind wasting everytime new BIOS comes out. ;) :rolleyes:

atomiX
03-04-2005, 07:18 PM
BIG props go over to shadowsan and whoever else is working on this.

1.4 fixed the DREs that i reported here (http://forums.maxconsole.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982)

turns out drive compatibility really was improved. keep up the great work

molton
03-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by redwolf
FYI noone is on his back... all we "asking" if/when is this gonna be suported etc. and since this is open source then someone else might able to do it. and since DVD-r are cheap these days i wouldn't mind wasting everytime new BIOS comes out. ;) :rolleyes:

And I wouldn't mind if they integrated a web browser or network mp3 player into the next release, and although these things are obviously much further off than dvd flashing support, they'll impliment whatever they want whenever they want depending on their priorities, maybe they're hoping since there are so many people interested in that feature that someone else would write the code. They know it's a possibility, and hopefully somebdy will eventually write that into GCOS.

I'm with Tseng, we don't have to be kissing these guys asses, but we owe these guys, and they don't owe us anything, so keep that in mind while making "recomendations"

GameSphere
03-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by atomiX
BIG props go over to shadowsan and whoever else is working on this.

1.4 fixed the DREs that i reported here (http://forums.maxconsole.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982)

turns out drive compatibility really was improved. keep up the great work

Indeed, my DREs are gone too!

lord_necrom
03-04-2005, 08:19 PM
I tested my Panasonic Q with 1.4, and it let me a lot of time to swap disk, and the motor stops now, that's right just when Swap disk appears, dowsnt load the "#!%& GAME
Question I have to wait until 1.5???
Somebody knows about this, Cause I want to play RE4
Grettings for all

Tseng
03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
i wouldnt imagine you could do it on a q. cause you cant rig the eject sensor right?

SigmaX6
03-04-2005, 08:37 PM
the only time ive ever had dre's is when i had an bad rip or made one, the only thing id liek to see is flash via dvd

besides that keep up the great work, keepin cobra on there heels lol

GameSphere
03-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by SigmaX6
the only time ive ever had dre's is when i had an bad rip or made one, the only thing id liek to see is flash via dvd

besides that keep up the great work, keepin cobra on there heels lol

I thought the exact same thing. But after trying with same media/burner, some backups worked fine and some DREd. I'm using the new GCOS 1.14 and now those same DRE disks are working perfect. Glad I didn't toss them!

WisdomWolf
03-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by majinchaos
mario power tennis en viewtifull joe2 get dre after the intro anyone could play these two games ?

I don't have Mario power tennis, but the backup of viewtiful joe 2 that I had didn't work on v1.0-1.2, It finally booted on 1.3 but then i got a DRE right after the intro. I reburned it at 2x on Ridata mini-dvd G04 and got it to work fine, well at least for the 10 minutes that i played it. I haven't tried with v1.4 yet as I am still at work, I will be checkin' this out later tonight when I get home. GCOS is awesome!

SigmaX6
03-04-2005, 08:44 PM
dude! doh.....

but how would i isntall this, if i can only install via dvd?, i might be able to open my gc up.

GameSphere
03-04-2005, 09:05 PM
dude! doh.....

but how would i isntall this, if i can only install via dvd?, i might be able to open my gc up.

Do you have your viper progammer?

lord_necrom
03-04-2005, 09:16 PM
i wouldnt imagine you could do it on a q. cause you cant rig the eject sensor right?

The Gcos 1.4 Works fine, just needs a second event or instructions to load or make to begin spin de motor.
What can I say about?

rony2211
03-04-2005, 09:34 PM
hay can someone posr a raw of the back up of there memory card so i can try 1.4 thanks

rony2211
03-04-2005, 09:38 PM
sorry guy i found it i was just a little slow in lookig thanks

Monkey
03-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Tried mario tennis for a game and seemed ok :). Gone back to the cobra for now though as it was just to slow for me :(.

Nice work anyway , good to know there is something else out there to use though :).

rony2211
03-04-2005, 09:50 PM
hay guys found this it alot easyer to use than ctr-gcs for backing up mem cards

nukleuzdj
03-04-2005, 10:11 PM
it seems to have fixed the DREs i was getting on my 8x media (after laser tweaking to read them)
Drive version 4
well done

SigmaX6
03-04-2005, 10:45 PM
yeah got the viper flasher, but theres the problem, my gc is sealed up sorta,glued actually, didnt find any other sacrews to put in it so i glued her up lol...so flashing is outa the question.lol well unless i crack her open

yeah ill open her up tonight and flash it? but is it in vgc format already or do i have to do anyhting diferent/

ncasebee
03-04-2005, 11:08 PM
I played my Metroid Prime backup with 1.4, and it locked up at one point. However, I don't know if this is the bios's fault, because I've had lockups even in the retail version. What's the best game to test backup wise?

This is the flashed .vgc Viper version.

GameSphere
03-05-2005, 12:10 AM
The release has a vgc for viper in it.

SigmaX6
03-05-2005, 12:12 AM
sweetage! im flashing this baby up tonight seee yeah cobra

*cracks open case with crowbar*

nukleuzdj
03-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Mario Tennis working fantasticly with this new version, on my cheap discs too which are normally a certain DRE with any game

edit: ouch it DREed but only because it was idle on the menu, it was fine as i was playing it, also mario golf working fine, no DRE as yet...

Gehenna
03-05-2005, 01:30 AM
just upgraded to 1.4 and SFA seemed to work better. good job!

ZildjianKX
03-05-2005, 01:39 AM
This is my first time trying GCOS.

Metroid Prime 2: Error after 20 min
Mario Party 4: Won't boot
Mario Power Tennis: Errored after a few minutes
Mario Golf: Seems fine
Star Fox Assault: Seems fine

All burned on Ritek R04 and tested with a drive 6 GC.

Edit - All NTSC USA w/ full garbage.

lord_necrom
03-05-2005, 04:10 AM
nukleuzdj daid that:
it seems to have fixed the DREs i was getting on my 8x media (after laser tweaking to read them)
Drive version 4
well done

Sorry man, but I dont know what Dres is, and 8X what's that Q drive?.
I tweaking my Q lazer's already,
have you a Q, the problem maybe fix with a button to start the motor again after swapping.

saittam_j
03-05-2005, 04:31 AM
i have noticed somting. that the laser tryse to read outside the burnt part of the dvd thats the only time i get Dres.
so i think i have to 3g patch it.
i hoppe it's possible to fix this.

justinkb
03-05-2005, 04:52 AM
question to all people who have had DREs fixed by this new version,

had you tried Cobra 0.3 unsuccessfully before that? because GCOS still just seems like a rip of Cobra to me, like Anaconda was.

meaning there will be no major improvements in the DRE department and disc swapping etc until Cobra gets updated.

basically, from what I understand, GCOS v1.4 just incorporates the drive 8 fix now, which was in Cobra 0.4. however, Cobra 0.4 was worse for non-drive 8 users than 0.3 was.

anyway, can any people check if Cobra 0.3 gives them equal results as GCOS 1.4 (for non-drive 8)? same for drive 8 users but with Cobra 0.4. that will clear up whether or not GCOS has made any actual improvements to Cobra other than incorporating the ugliest interface ever ;p

Corvo
03-05-2005, 05:17 AM
The DRE's can certainly be less when using GcOS 1.4...

I believe that Shadowsan wrote that Cobra 0.4 "patches" all drives to version 8.
And then uses the same code for all drives.

What GcOS 1.4 does is auto-detect what the drive number is, then behave accordingly (diff. code per drive perhaps?).

Anyhoos, from what I'm gathering is:
GcOS is no longer Anaconda, it is based upon Anaconda - but improved!

Again, *thumbs up* to the GCOS team!!

Shadowsan
03-05-2005, 05:55 AM

had you tried Cobra 0.3 unsuccessfully before that? because GCOS still just seems like a rip of Cobra to me, like Anaconda was.

meaning there will be no major improvements in the DRE department and disc swapping etc until Cobra gets updated.

WTF? You're either blind, or incredibly stupid. Go read the source code to anaconda before you say such silly things. We _have_ changed and updated anaconda code, and we _have_ increased drive reliability across the board for all drives.

As for commenting on nothing improving witn gcos until cobra gets released... How long ago was it that cobra posted an update? :P

And if you don't like the interface and think it sucks, don't use it. I'm not forcing you to...

PS I think you'll find that more than being 'just a cobra rip' it has features in it that neither cobra nor anaconda have. So get your facts straight first :P

Yes, i'm in a bad mood. Yes, it's because people like you make assumptions before actually looking closer. And yes, my rant is done.

Shadowsan

DaiG[O]
03-05-2005, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by GameSphere
Indeed, my DREs are gone too!

Sounds good.
My DRE is still here (i got DRE on Memorex dvd-r... on Princo dvd-r, everything is perfect...) but i'm happy to see that is gone for someone.

And i'm happy that it's as i say... DRE is bios releated... and not to dvd-r, burner, iso, mom, dad and grandpa...

apprt
03-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by ncasebee
I played my Metroid Prime backup with 1.4, and it locked up at one point. However, I don't know if this is the bios's fault, because I've had lockups even in the retail version. What's the best game to test backup wise?

The PAL release had some of the bugs fixed so it doesn't crash like the original NTSC release. If you can get a hold of that and it will play on your tv if it locks up it is then a fault of it being a backup. Alternatively the Player's Choice NTSC version has the same bugs fixed, but you'd have to rip that yourself.

As for DRE's they're happening the same as with cobra 0.4 in Mario Tennis. Mostly random. However, I've got a savegame that a DRE always happens at the same point. Playing as Bowser in the first of the Gimic Cups on the stage where pieces of the court move and are over water and I play Waluigi, after I win and it shows Bowser's celebration right before it shows the match summary it hangs and then shows the nintendo error message.

shangrula
03-05-2005, 08:11 AM
if you don't like the logo/GUI you can go make your own for the official GCOS logo comp.

http://www.warzone2100.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85

if you can't make your own then please STFU becuase complaing about something when you cant do any better is just a total waste of everyone's time and a dissapointing thing for the creators to read.

poopdedoop
03-05-2005, 09:47 AM
i have a suggestion.... maybe in a later release make it so you can rip games at 100MBit instead of 10MBit

kain1
03-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Why are people complaining about gcos 1.4 being slower than the cobra bois? Is it’s the in game load time?

Artlover
03-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Lookin really really good here. Just keeps getting better and better. :D

For the record, as a viper user. I could care less about a flashing option. I have no need or desire for it. :p

kallek
03-05-2005, 11:11 AM
I'm sure it has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. When I start GCOS and choose to play a backup and swap disc it gives me the name and region of the game. But when I push either autodetect or force pal nothing happens. Is this likely due to bad media or bad laser? It has no problem recognizing the disc. The game is Mario Golf PAL by the way. Don't know if it has been known to work. I heard it works on the viper though.

molton
03-05-2005, 12:09 PM
I switched from 1.3 to 1.4 and it's working the same for me, no problems (my gamecube's a 38, drive type 61) I tried at least 6 games on it already. I did notice one time during the disc swap the motor stopped but the laser stayed on, for all I know it still worked but I turned it off right after I noticed it. Also, forced NTSC didn't work for a PAL version of Super mario Sunshine, all the othe PAL games I tried worked great.

It'd be cool if the menu had an auto-region select option, and if you enabled it for either PAL or NTSC GCOS could default to forcing one or the other instead of prompting the user. Good luck with GCOS and thanks for your great work.

rivlez
03-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by kallek
I'm sure it has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. When I start GCOS and choose to play a backup and swap disc it gives me the name and region of the game. But when I push either autodetect or force pal nothing happens. Is this likely due to bad media or bad laser? It has no problem recognizing the disc. The game is Mario Golf PAL by the way. Don't know if it has been known to work. I heard it works on the viper though.

i'm a beta tester and this bios works great with every game i've tested including mario golf pal. if nothing happens its your media not working correctly.

livxtrn
03-05-2005, 01:04 PM
So far as I can tell this works fine. Only thing I would suggest is allowing you to go back to the main menu after going to the rip process.

Also, it would be nice if it stored some settings in the memory card. (such as the ip) I went and recompiled it to get it to use a different ip by default... so I don't really care, but I think people would appreciate it.

I intend to alter the code myself for my own interests. I like the code. It seems very well written. Kudos to the creators.

Oh one last feature that would be nice... which I don't even know if this can be done yet... reading data dvds and letting us boot a different elf or dol off the cds...

Monkey
03-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by kain1
Why are people complaining about gcos 1.4 being slower than the cobra bois? Is it’s the in game load time?

Not the game load time the actual bios itself. Cobra , boot gamecube , press boot dvd , swap and go.

This , turn cube on , disc stops , then you gotta wait for it to finish loading. Then boot dvd , then wait for it to respin the disc , then press A , then after it starts booting it stops to ask video mode , then it go's.

Nice bios :) , just seems to take way to long , thats all.

GameSphere
03-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by DaiG[O]
Sounds good.
My DRE is still here (i got DRE on Memorex dvd-r... on Princo dvd-r, everything is perfect...) but i'm happy to see that is gone for someone.

And i'm happy that it's as i say... DRE is bios releated... and not to dvd-r, burner, iso, mom, dad and grandpa...

I was having DRE issues all the time. What burner are you using? I know that the burner will make a difference also. My DRE problem was that the disk will boot but DRE after a few minutes. I've noticed this on certain games and other games worekd fine. So I assumed my media was good.

Has any of your backups worked using the same media/burner?

GameSphere
03-05-2005, 01:42 PM

My DREs were fixed.

No, I did not want to pay an inflated price for a chip. Why are you so mad that cobra got hacked, released, and improved on? That is the nature of the game.

There is no way you can tell that "major improvements" will be done when Cobra gets updated. Since anaconda released, there has been more activity in the GC scene which is good for all. Competition forces innovations which all comes down to consumer choice.

basically, from what I understand, GCOS v1.4 just incorporates the drive 8 fix now, which was in Cobra 0.4. however, Cobra 0.4 was worse for non-drive 8 users than 0.3 was.

Well it turns out that I have a drive 8. Using original Anaconda which was based on Cobra 0.4 gave me DREs on certain games after a few minutes. Now using GCOS v1.14, those same DRE disks now works fine. NO DREs. My conclusion is that there were improvements made to the drive compatibility.

anyway, can any people check if Cobra 0.3 gives them equal results as GCOS 1.4 (for non-drive 8)? same for drive 8 users but with Cobra 0.4. that will clear up whether or not GCOS has made any actual improvements to Cobra other than incorporating the ugliest interface ever ;p

Sounds like someone is upset that they paid $70 for a chip with basically zero support and now other people have the same functionality without the chip. Have a great day!

justinkb
03-05-2005, 03:42 PM
WTF? You're either blind, or incredibly stupid.

Shadowsan neither, but good try. i'm just not too impressed by your effort yet.

someone needs to be the critic here, everyone keeps being fucking ecstatic about this project while you haven't had a single release that didn't contain several bugs that would have been spotted with 2 minutes of testing.

as for the person above me, I'm happy with my Viper, thanks. no problems at all here; just a little confused as to why the GCOS people diss cobra. i bet my life none of their 'coders' would ever have found a way to boot DVD-R's on the cube. cobra did. so where's the respect?

PS. comment your source code properly. and set up a CVS if you want this to be a serious project. i'm not gonna diff every file manually to see where in the source code you added a comma to 'improve drive compatiblity'.

molton
03-05-2005, 04:02 PM
seriously, what's with all these bugs, what the hell are we paying you for!!! :rolleyes:

lets see some more impressive effort

Cobra is great, GCOS is based off of cobra, isn't it (if it's based off anaconda it's pretty much based off cobra) The thing about cobra is I have a nagging suspicion the guys at cobra have more to gain than a nice backup-game playing expierince. While I'm pretty sure these people are doing what they're doing for themselves and just sharing it with the rest of us.

more impressive effort? If i was these guys I'd say fuck you and leave everybody stranded for the next gcos release for months,.. although then maybe you'd get you're nice bug free release. So keep being an asshole

crazyshiza
03-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Anaconda 3 and 4 and GCOS1.3 all gave DRE's for me, but they are all fixed with GCOS1.4!

justinkb
03-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by molton
more impressive effort? If i was these guys I'd say fuck you and leave everybody stranded for the next gcos release for months,.. although then maybe you'd get you're nice bug free release. So keep being an asshole maybe you didn't read my post properly, cobra works fine for me. i'm not using GCOS since it's crap, I use cobra which works perfectly. if they did what you just suggested, i wouldn't give 2 shits about it. grow a brain ~_~

Mathieulh
03-05-2005, 04:47 PM
i'm just not too impressed by your effort yet

then if you are so smart just code your goddam bios and leave us alone ! lol

- GCOS (since 1.4) includes a new DVD init code very different from anaconda and there is an init code for V8 users and one for non-V8 users (it's auto detected by GCOS) so there is no conflict

-In the way it boot backups the Cobra bios (up to the 0.4 version) is buggy !! (trust me, we studied how it boots backup and it is really buggy), that bug decrease compatibility and increase DRE, but continue to use cobra as far as you like !

-indeed anaconda code is from cobra 0.4 and we couldn't have gone that far without it so I owe Mental Cube some credits howver don't come and say our work is shit !!

-Cobra Bios has a crappy support (ps2ownz) and there is no way you can talk to mental cube when you can go to GCMODS (chan and board) and talk to us as much as you like

-Viper Team (alias Mental Cube) is using their mod to make money when we don't and our work is totally open source

- Viper Team uses some undocumented chip feature they don't want to share so it's pretty hard to have a full support on viper version for all it's features.

ok I just added my arguments give us yours now !

justinkb
03-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Mathieulh
then if you are so smart just code your goddam bios and leave us alone ! lolfunny how you contradict yourself with your first and last line.
- GCOS (since 1.4) includes a new DVD init code very different from anaconda and there is an init code for V8 users and one for non-V8 users (it's auto detected by GCOS) so there is no conflictall you did was add a conditional jump in case it's a *8 drive. my grandma could have done that if she knew PPC opcodes. don't boast about this as if it were an achievement.
-In the way it boot backups the Cobra bios (up to the 0.4 version) is buggy !! (trust me, we studied how it boots backup and it is really buggy), that bug decrease compatibility and increase DRE, but continue to use cobra as far as you like !this is funny, you guys are using a byte-by-byte copy of Anaconda's drivecode (which is the core of the backup booting process), which is a direct copy from Cobra04.
-indeed anaconda code is from cobra 0.4 and we couldn't have gone that far without it so I owe Mental Cube some credits howver don't come and say our work is shit !!ok.
-Cobra Bios has a crappy support (ps2ownz) and there is no way you can talk to mental cube when you can go to GCMODS (chan and board) and talk to us as much as you likeyes, i want to talk to troubled teenagers who scream rape at the first sight of criticism. really, i do. cobra team has made false promises, that's true, but it's not like that's shocking news in console/gaming-related business.
-Viper Team (alias Mental Cube) is using their mod to make money when we don't and our work is totally open sourceoh noes, they want to make money! non-argument, sorry.
- Viper Team uses some undocumented chip feature they don't want to share so it's pretty hard to have a full support on viper version for all it's features.disassemble the binary and see what they're doing, but i doubt any of GCOS' coders are proficient enough at PowerPC assembly to understand even the smallest part of it.
ok I just added my arguments give us yours now !

Mathieulh
03-05-2005, 05:37 PM
all you did was add a conditional jump in case it's a *8 drive. my grandma could have done that if she knew PPC opcodes. don't boast about this as if it were an achievement.

If it would be that simple we would have done it a long time ago

oh by the way what do YOU know about PPC opcodes anyway ?

this is funny, you guys are using a byte-by-byte copy of Anaconda's drivecode (which is the core of the backup booting process), which is a direct copy from Cobra04.

The bug isn't located in anaconda 0.4 bootcode as it's not only using it to boot the backups (not in Cobra versions)

and we did not copy it bytes per bytes we changes it quite a lot

yes, i want to talk to troubled teenagers who scream rape at the first sight of criticism. really, i do. cobra team has made false promises, that's true, but it's not like that's shocking news in console/gaming-related business.

You are the first one I know who likes to talk to people that don't know a goddam things about modding and claiming they do !! and you are the first one who want's them as a support team for a chip you paid 70 dollars !! But if you like it it's your choice !

oh noes, they want to make money! non-argument, sorry

Are you sure it's not.....

disassemble the binary and see what they're doing, but i doubt any of GCOS' coders are proficient enough at PowerPC assembly to understand even the smallest part of it.

What the hell do you know about GCOS team dev skills !!! at least we PROVED we can do something while you didn't !!

If you really say we are dumbasses and our work are crap, create your own bios ! (without looking into our srcs of course) and show us the damned proof of concept !

then we will start considering your arguments !!

you didn't even opened GCOS srcs and say shit !!!

go look yourself into a mirror before blaming others !

atomiX
03-05-2005, 05:39 PM
http://www.redcoat.net/pics/arguing.jpg

seriously, this shouldn't be a bitch thread. should be a place where ppl report successes or problems and discuss about possible bugs, not a flame war about who's better. If more crapping should take place, i'm afraid it's really gonna smell like shit in here :p.

Shadowsan
03-05-2005, 05:57 PM
justinkb: If you really want to make a difference instead of just talking a good talk, then get your arse into devving.

It's simply a case of put up or shut up.

As for the shit i've been taking recently from people just like you, I don't need it. If you say it requires 2 mins of beta testing, then get your arse around #gcmods and test. Otherwise don't say a goddamned thing.

I'm beginning to wonder whether releasing a viper version was worth it at all with the shit we've been taking for it...

Shadowsan

atomiX
03-05-2005, 06:06 PM
just keep in mind that most haters will talk while the ones who like it usually won't say anything. lots of ppl are thankful for what you've done even if they're not saying nothing, i'm sure of that.

ZildjianKX
03-05-2005, 06:16 PM
I for one am very appreciative for what you have done. I know many long hours have gone into it, and please don't let the views of a bitter minority dissuade you.

To me, if the disc read errors get fixed, GCOS is perfect. Great work.

justinkb
03-05-2005, 06:29 PM
If it would be that simple we would have done it a long time ago

oh by the way what do YOU know about PPC opcodes anyway ?shall i post the diff output for anaconda.c between 1.3 and 1.4 to make you look like an idiot? nah, i'll spare you that humiliation; i wonder why one would lie about something like this, when anyone can see the sourcecode and prove them wrong ~_~
The bug isn't located in anaconda 0.4 bootcode as it's not only using it to boot the backups (not in Cobra versions)what exactly are you saying? that sentence didn't make much sense tbh.
and we did not copy it bytes per bytes we changes it quite a lotright.
You are the first one I know who likes to talk to people that don't know a goddam things about modding and claiming they do !! uh, please don't tell me you didn't get the sarcasm when i said that. i mean, "really, i do." is pretty obvious.
and you are the first one who want's them as a support team for a chip you paid 70 dollars !! But if you like it it's your choice !probably besides the point, but i bought it for a lot less than that, and as i said, i enjoy not having to boot up PSO still.
Are you sure it's not.....positive.
What the hell do you know about GCOS team dev skills !!! at least we PROVED we can do something while you didn't !!your dev skills are severely lacking; remember, i can see your source code. anyone who has ever done any serious dev work in a group knows comments are at least as important as the code itself. if i see an open source community project and there's barely any comments in the source, it makes me laugh. and that's without even looking at the code.
If you really say we are dumbasses and our work are crap, create your own bios ! (without looking into our srcs of course) and show us the damned proof of concept !
firstly, i never called you dumbasses. secondly, please look up what 'proof of concept' means, you misused that term.
then we will start considering your arguments !!yawn.
you didn't even opened GCOS srcs and say shit !!!err, i have looked at your source, what the fuck makes you think i haven't? i thought it was pretty clear from my last post i had in fact checked it out.

go look yourself into a mirror before blaming others ! ok, i'm "going to look myself into the mirror now, wish me luck.

@Shadowsan, i would test and help improve your project if you added flash support (and made sure you never broke it with a new version). i'm not able to flash my ViperGC with the programmer for now, and I can't be arsed to use PSO atll the time.

Shadowsan
03-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Justin: we're working on flashing from dvd now... :)

So you're welcome to come help out :)

I don't wanna argue with anyone, if people think they can work on anything that will make gcos the system of choice, then i'd love them to jump on board.

Shadowsan

justinkb
03-05-2005, 06:35 PM
by any chance got a dump of Cobra04 dol ? would help in figuring out how to flash, or is that in the SDK ?

Mathieulh
03-05-2005, 06:37 PM
The way you speak sounds like you can code the whole GCOS by yourself in a couple of minutes.....

anyway if you can't even dump Cobra 0.4 from the GC's ram you can't pretend to be able to code a full bios

EDIT: the flash code to flash from the GC should be in the viper "dev Kit" as we can't really call it a SDK... lol

oh ! by the way havent you notice there are two different drive init codes in 1.4 when there is only one in 1.3 ? or are you blind ? (anaconda.c is indeed the drive init code from the 1.3 version ...)

At least you have opened our srcs but that doesn't prove anything about your coding skills
create something awesome that would make me bow down and then we will talk...

livxtrn
03-05-2005, 06:39 PM
I think the people complaining about GCOS are crazy or something...

I happen to be quite excellent at coding, and I actually like the coding style used in GCOS a lot.

In regard to commenting... grow up. Not everyone comments constantly. Some people write clean code that just plain makes sense to begin with.

And who says any of you know jack ****. The whole point is to learn more and support each other... not whine upon stuff.

If you are gonna whine, go elsewhere. Nobody cares. If you don't like what is there, go code something else yourself.

btw... knowing PPC doesn't mean a whole lot. The actual instructions are fairly irrelevant. What is important is the structure of the system and what those PPC instructions cause to the state of the system.

Personally... all the code for the GC so far in C is "fairly" simple. It isn't rocket science. It takes a ton of time and effort though, so don't bash something you haven't tried.

One last comment: for future reference: don't cast people's coding skills into doubt, especially when they've just created something useful. It is ignorant.

justinkb
03-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by livxtrn
I think the people complaining about GCOS are crazy or something...

I happen to be quite excellent at coding, and I actually like the coding style used in GCOS a lot.

In regard to commenting... grow up. Not everyone comments constantly. Some people write clean code that just plain makes sense to begin with.err, yeah, there's where things go wrong. when i code something, it's pretty obvious it makes perfect sense, TO ME. however, someone else working on the project, who may very well be an excellent programmer, might not quite get it, depending on the circumstances.

and about you liking the coding style used in GCOS. each useful comment i've seen in the sourcecode was from original anaconda source ~_~ you might wanna check Anaconda04.S to show how one codes properly (look at the comments, it's just how it's done) . about the pathetic "grow up" bash, what the fuck does valuing useful commenting have to do with being grown up? LoL at that notion.

btw... knowing PPC doesn't mean a whole lot. The actual instructions are fairly irrelevant. What is important is the structure of the system and what those PPC instructions cause to the state of the system.err, if they want to figure out how to make DVD flashing possible, they'll have to analyze the disassembly of Cobra03 or 04 (unless that's in the SDK, which i doubt), i'd say that would require knowledge of PPC instruction set, don't you think? ~_~
Personally... all the code for the GC so far in C is "fairly" simple. It isn't rocket science. It takes a ton of time and effort though, so don't bash something you haven't tried. i simply commented fairly, Shadowsan turned it into a flamefest when he insulted me for no reason. ^_'

Shadowsan
03-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Ok then, lets get off justins back, and let him help if he can.

we all know gcos is far from perfect, but at least it's honest and the users aren't kept in the dark (that was the most irritating thing about mentalcubes development)

Shadowsan

justinkb
03-05-2005, 06:56 PM
oh ! by the way havent you notice there are two different drive init codes in 1.4 when there is only one in 1.3 ? or are you blind ? (anaconda.c is indeed the drive init code from the 1.3 version ...) reread my post =/ i clearly stated EXACTLY what you have just said, man.

btw, nice edit, completely changed your post :p

and why are you hesitant to hook me up with Cobra03/04 dol?

Mathieulh
03-05-2005, 06:58 PM
I have the 0.2 version (I dumped myself) I could dump 0.3 and 0.4 but I am too lazy ! lol

tmbinc has the 0.4 bin version

EDIT: you are quite rigth I just mentionned what you allready said ! lol

justinkb
03-05-2005, 06:59 PM
oh, sweet, just found the dev kit.

i'm gonna check out the flash part ~_~ enough flaming for today, let's get coding ;p

edit: BTW, i would never have thought they would add headers and sample code for that. what a pleasant surprise =D

quote from sdk: "// Don't play with this
// routine if you don't know what you're doing." ooh, spooky:p

Shadowsan
03-05-2005, 07:04 PM
lol, there's lots of comments like that knocking around ;)

ploppyplop
03-05-2005, 07:04 PM
bloodyhell all this bad carma, almost makes me want to go out and get a job.

channel the energy into a project it looks like your all intelligent people caught up in a pissing contest.

Mathieulh
03-05-2005, 07:05 PM
ok I'll stop flaming as well we should behave like responsible people and stop arguing with unimportant matters all the time

the fact is that both GCOS and Cobra are here and both are what they are and coded the way they were coded.

Now we have the choice of arguing without stop or improve it as well as possible.

For my part I choose the 2nd option

P.s. indeed my post earlier was getting too long and we couldn't understand a thing of it so I totally removed it

Xboxmodder999
03-05-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm beginning to wonder whether releasing a viper version was worth it at all with the shit we've been taking for it...

I really appreciate you making a version for the Viper GC, it has been working great for me :D

And I personally don't care about flashing from dvd, because I have no problems with flashing my chip with the programmer.

Thanks for all your work, this is a great project!

SigmaX6
03-05-2005, 07:15 PM
or if your like me and glued the box shut because u didnt find the screws u originally took out, *thinks cat ate them* flashing with dvd is an must! lol

justinkb
03-05-2005, 07:19 PM
or if your like me and glued the box shut because u didnt find the screws u originally took out, *thinks cat ate them* flashing with dvd is an must! lol lol, check the cat poo to make sure ;p

btw, flashing thru BBA is a much better solution IMO, don't wanna waste a disc for each new version.

A.Z.BEST
03-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Yup. I agree. But not everyone has a BBA (luckily I have :D).

Xboxmodder999
03-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Yeah, that would be nice to be able to flash it through my BBA, but it is not a neccessity.

ZildjianKX
03-05-2005, 07:29 PM
lol, check the cat poo to make sure ;p

btw, flashing thru BBA is a much better solution IMO, don't wanna waste a disc for each new version.

That's one reason I like using a memory card and an action replay... just upload the DOL through netcat.

justinkb
03-05-2005, 07:55 PM
read the dev kit and now reading the flash chip specs, ive got a pretty good idea how it works so far; shouldnt be too hard to code BBA flash function; however, time isn't really on my side atm. anyway, i'll see what i can do.

Artlover
03-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Shadowsan
I wouldn't doubt it if the guy is part of the Viper/Cobra team who is trying to stir up crap and piss people off for exactly this reason. They don't want other people making better bioses for their chip.

I'm using gcos 1.4, and it beats the hell out of cobra 0.3 and 0.4 without a doubt. I appericate the fact that a viper version was produced. I'm in no hurry for cobra 0.5 to come out now, that's for sure.

So keep up the good work, and tell these other people to f--k off. :D

justinkb
03-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Artlover
I wouldn't doubt it if the guy is part of the Viper/Cobra team who is trying to stir up crap and piss people off for exactly this reason. shit, you got me.

SigmaX6
03-06-2005, 02:44 AM
I perferably like both bios,boot methods both work great, but if there wasnt an little competition, then there be no progress, competition makes progress, think of the moon for example, recently tried the gcos, and it is good. I'd also like to thank WoW for stopping me from using my bandwidth for anyhting but the game for the last month lol

Social-Zero
03-06-2005, 06:34 AM
I tried flashing this new bios, gamecube gave me a black screen, nothing booted, went back to cobra 0.4

Xboxmodder999
03-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Social-Zero
I tried flashing this new bios, gamecube gave me a black screen, nothing booted, went back to cobra 0.4

It wither didn't erase it right, or didn't flash it right, just reflash it and it should work fine.

Social-Zero
03-06-2005, 10:25 AM
I tried writing it several times , but ok i'll go try again

edit : ok now it works 100% :)

lets check this baby out

Social-Zero
03-06-2005, 10:49 AM
I got the same dre on res evil 4 when I walk in big areas for longer then 15 mins without letting it load other stuff

Xboxmodder999
03-06-2005, 11:06 AM
I have never had a DRE with REsident Evil 4, have other people?

Xboxmodder999
03-06-2005, 11:06 AM
I have never had a DRE with REsident Evil 4, have other people?

Monkey
03-06-2005, 11:14 AM
I finished resident evil without an error , but was using cobra 0.4 at the time , dunno about with this.

Gehenna
03-06-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm having trouble booting miniDVD-Rs (Ritek g04, the "good ones" I thought). GCOS will read the game data (title, apploader, gameID, region) but it won't boot them after the region select. The DVD stops spinning after a while or I get a message saying it can't be read. Full sized DVDs from the same source images work just fine. Is this a bios issue?

guysurf
03-06-2005, 03:31 PM
i've had different levels of success running 1.1 thru 1.4, but 1.4 is very good! One problem i've had with all versions is that when i set the game into progressive scan it turns all the red colors to blue throughout the game. ex. Paper Mario: the curtain is blue, Nintendo intro screen is blue instead of red. This happens with all my games including RE4, using Ritek G04 mini. Not sure if it a component progscan issue of bios related.

kris538
03-06-2005, 05:05 PM
hello ,

one is entitled more to the BIN for SDLOAD? :\
thx

SigmaX6
03-06-2005, 05:39 PM
man just saw the ripper, man what an rip off, no dvd flash support and you need to buy some sort of adapter just to flash it, pffft im staying with my viper.

free
03-06-2005, 06:37 PM
I would like to say THANKYOU! GCOS works just as good as cobra. I am greatful for your time invested.

I made my viper install easy to remove from GC for flashing...
http://members.shaw.ca/casemodz/a.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/casemodz/g.jpg

...Great work guys!
:)

nukleuzdj
03-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by free
I would like to say THANKYOU! GCOS works just as good as cobra. I am greatful for your time invested.

I made my viper install easy to remove from GC for flashing...

...Great work guys!

very nice

free
03-06-2005, 08:26 PM
very nice

Thanks, I know most will say its a waste of time...but with all these cobras,anacondas,gcos loaders popping up..one needs a removable module just to keep up!

It has become a huge timesaver..pop it out, reprogram, pop it back in. It takes very little time and only costs another $6 for the coupler and a little more if you dont have the cat5 cable.

Anyhow maybe this will help some...I've added all pics I have for this project.

http://members.shaw.ca/casemodz/b.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/casemodz/c.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/casemodz/d.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/casemodz/e.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/casemodz/f.jpg

I have also found booting anaconda or gcos from sdcard has conflicts when viper is inserted...simply remove it and all is well.

Heres my original thread at Dextrose (http://www.dextrose.com/_forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10451)

Thanks again to the gcos team!

Artlover
03-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Damn, thats sweet! :D

GameSphere
03-06-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm trying to test the "backup game" feature on GCOS 1.14. I've changed the ip address in the menu and saved the changes. Inserted the original disk and then a message appears:

"Get backup from http://192.168.2.32/backup.iso"

I go to the url in IE and it times out. Does anyone know if GCOS supports different ips or is it hardcoded? It looks like it supports it when the message states the ip I changed it to. Thanks.

Supadave
03-07-2005, 09:45 AM
After reading 8 pages of threads I never seen once anyone mention the newer cubes. does this 1.4 work on the newer machines like the one listed below.

Platinum NTSC 1.2
Dol101
Drive version 61

If not then it's no better then cobra 0.4 IMO
My other machine works just fine with the cobra bios so I see no reason to change over yet.

justinkb
03-07-2005, 09:56 AM
look better.

right here on first page: http://forums.maxconsole.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4127

Xboxmodder999
03-07-2005, 09:57 AM
My other machine works just fine with the cobra bios so I see no reason to change over yet.

I know that it has worked for people with Dol-101's, but I don't know if it has worked for all of them.

And the reason that I like this better is because it has built-in game ripping.
With GCOS 1.4
1- boot with the game I want to rip,
2- select "backup game"

With Cobra 0.4,
1- boot with an original game,
2- select dvd explorer,
3- then select explore dvd again,
4- then swap with and put in my dvd with the riptool on it,
5- then load riptool.dol
6- swap AGAIN with the game, then it finally rips.

So for me, GCOS is way better. No swapping to backup a game.

Nooshva
03-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Can You Load Backup DVD's with GCOS without the Viper GC, using the PSO Load method to Upload the DOL? I remember trying an ealier ver. of GCOS fell in love with all the features but it never Booted a game so i was forced to just use Anaconda, But i just want to make sure that i can actually boot a DVD without the ViperGC with GCOS

atomiX
03-07-2005, 11:59 AM
yes, there is a dol included in the package that is to be used with PSO. you can also load this dol from memory card or SD card using action replay.

Nooshva
03-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks allot Atomix, and the maker of GCOS, gonna try this once i get home

Lazycus
03-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Supadave
After reading 8 pages of threads I never seen once anyone mention the newer cubes. does this 1.4 work on the newer machines like the one listed below.

Platinum NTSC 1.2
Dol101
Drive version 61

Supa,

As promised the GCOS1.4 works near perfect with the DOL-101s that would not work with Cobra BIOS. This is due to a BIOS conflict in Cobra that is not present in GCOS.

plexie
03-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Thank you for the effort in this!

Sadly, i had as much DRE's with this version as i had with cobra 03 and 04.

If it helps with future development, RE4 works with no DRE, whereas all (ca 20) other games has. All on the same media (DVD+R 4x).

Z80
03-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Version 1.4 is the first version I'm actually using over original anaconda. Previous versions had issues, major issues with loading many of my backups. This version seems to run everything fine, however I have had instances where a disc fails to load. I do get DREs in a few games but most I have, there are no DREs.

One thing that would be nice is if someone could add to the loader in anaconda, to hack the DRE handling code to just automatically retry reading the disc, rather than open/close lid for a retry which doesn't work since it causes a drive reset.

Ofcourse if they wanted multidisc games to work, hacking those standard disc handler routines to allow you to insert DVD-Rs would be quite nice.

Ize-Cube
03-07-2005, 03:14 PM
I checked GCOS 1.4 today (as I got my Viper today ^^) and I´m really impressed. I didnt tried Cobra, but GCOS works great for me. All I wanna see is:

- Nice Background (check the threat in GCMODS forum)
- selfboot backups (dunno if its possible)

If I don´t get DRE with my backups then all will be fine :)
Probs to the coders of GCOS - great job. Keep up that good work. *thumbs up*

greetings
ize-cube

Abaddon666
03-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Yesss, I can finally contribute something as I managed to build my own SD-Adapter today, I'm so very proud of myself...

Well, I tried GCOS1.4, and it worked really perfect so far:
-succesfully booted US-Originals on pal cube
-successfully booted the following backups:
- Starfox Assault (us) on Verbatim Datalife plus (fullsize DVD-R)
- Resident Evil 3 Nemesis (us) on Verbatim Datalife plus (fullsize DVD-R)
- Super Mario Sunshine (us) on Ritek G04 (full size DVD-R)

As you can see I only used fullsize DVD-R media, and I'm not really planning to change that as it works perfectly and is much cheaper as I can use them for Xbox, PS2 and DVD-Video aswell. I only need a good case modding to make things a little easier.

I want to thank you guys who made GCOS, it's so great, I can't find the words, sorry. No need for a viper anymore, lucky me I didn't buy one.

Greetz,

Abaddon666

GameSphere
03-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm trying to test the "backup game" feature on GCOS 1.14. I've changed the ip address in the menu and saved the changes. Inserted the original disk and then a message appears:

"Get backup from http://192.168.2.32/backup.iso"

I go to the url in IE and it times out. Does anyone know if GCOS supports different ips or is it hardcoded? It looks like it supports it when the message states the ip I changed it to. Thanks.

Sorry to bump this. But can anyone use thebackup function using different IPs? thanks.

Mithos
03-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Sorry to bump this. But can anyone use thebackup function using different IPs? thanks.

I use:
192.168.0.1 (PC)
192.168.0.254 (GC)

electronrancher
03-07-2005, 07:21 PM
hey, fantastic work! i had a dol-101 that dre'd every backup i tried before this rev, works quite reliably now. way to go gcos team, and kudos for keeping the source open.

one question - why is it necessary to read the disc upon load? i've experimented and found that opening the lid does not screw up the anaconda code, so why do we read upon startup? that would be my only small request, to avoid that extra delay.

next, in response to gamesphere..
i have found the ip change works for 192.168.x.x ip's. perhaps the 192.168 is again hardcoded - i will take a look thru the code tonight to try to figure this one out, it got me too.. (an old 10.0.0.203 guy)

GameSphere
03-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks all.

It's strange that I can use these same ip settings for GCSim.

pc 192.168.2.10
gc 192.168.2.32

But when trying to use this to backup an image in GCOS, the url doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried disabling the firewall which didn't help. I'm not even sure if the BBA is initialized since I can't even ping the GC (192.168.2.32). Any help or ideas would appreciate it.

ZildjianKX
03-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Thanks all.

It's strange that I can use these same ip settings for GCSim.

pc 192.168.2.10
gc 192.168.2.32

But when trying to use this to backup an image in GCOS, the url doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried disabling the firewall which didn't help. I'm not even sure if the BBA is initialized since I can't even ping the GC (192.168.2.32). Any help or ideas would appreciate it.

I can't get the backup to work either. I can't even ping the IP address, but my router sees that it is attached. Maybe 1.5 will fix it?

GameSphere
03-08-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by ZildjianKX
I can't get the backup to work either. I can't even ping the IP address, but my router sees that it is attached. Maybe 1.5 will fix it?

Thanks for the confirmation. Can anyone else verify that the backup works for them?

Xboxmodder999
03-08-2005, 12:28 AM
It works for me, but only with the default IP's.

Z80
03-08-2005, 12:50 AM
GCOS 1.4's backup function worked fine for me. Ofcourse I use the IPs that S3's loaders and such were designed to use.

Shadowsan
03-08-2005, 02:18 AM
I currently use 10.0.0.55 for my cube ip, and all is well.

I can do backups just fine.

I've heard that sometimes the cube doesn't seem to want to save the ip changes properly, so if it fails once, try try try again until I work out what is causing the problem :)

However, it seems that once the ip is properly saved in sram, it will be happy to retrieve it for you (and for certain users, they have reported popping into the official ipl first before booting gcos solves the problem?!? no idea why)

Hope this helps,

Shadowsan

madmab
03-08-2005, 05:55 AM
Just thought I'd say you guys are the best.

I couldn't get v1.0 to work for me at all but v1.4 works great.

The games I tried unsuccessfully on 1.0 were Animal Crossing (2x,4x) and Super Monkey Ball (I think 4x). These are all on Office Depot mini-DVD's.

But when I tried v1.4 I was able to get it to work with Animal Crossing but not SMB1. So I took a chance and tried burning "Frogger Beyond" at 1X. Well wat-do-ya-know. It worked!

So I'm gonna try some other stuff. I'm still not sure why SMB1 still will not work. It does stream just fine though.

Supadave
03-08-2005, 07:26 AM
look better.

right here on first page: http://forums.maxconsole.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4127

Thanks for pointing out my total ignorance of not being able to read.. :p
Somehow I missed that one..

Supadave
03-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Xboxmodder999
I know that it has worked for people with Dol-101's, but I don't know if it has worked for all of them.

And the reason that I like this better is because it has built-in game ripping.
With GCOS 1.4
1- boot with the game I want to rip,
2- select "backup game"

With Cobra 0.4,
1- boot with an original game,
2- select dvd explorer,
3- then select explore dvd again,
4- then swap with and put in my dvd with the riptool on it,
5- then load riptool.dol
6- swap AGAIN with the game, then it finally rips.

So for me, GCOS is way better. No swapping to backup a game.

Thanks for all the feedback on my issues.. I'll have to give this a try on my 101 machine for sure now. I'm only a couple weeks new to the GC scene so I'm catching up a bit.

Thanks Everyone for the information.

The_Legend
03-08-2005, 09:39 AM
great work, but it still flashes on my TV. it's compatible with both NTSC and PAL, my GC is a USA NTSC, and I have played a PAL DK:JB through GCSIM, and I had no problem. is it normal for the screen to flash or there's something wrong?

GameSphere
03-08-2005, 10:43 AM
I currently use 10.0.0.55 for my cube ip, and all is well.

I can do backups just fine.

I've heard that sometimes the cube doesn't seem to want to save the ip changes properly, so if it fails once, try try try again until I work out what is causing the problem :)

However, it seems that once the ip is properly saved in sram, it will be happy to retrieve it for you (and for certain users, they have reported popping into the official ipl first before booting gcos solves the problem?!? no idea why)

Hope this helps,

Shadowsan

Thanks Shadowsan. I also thought that the ip wasn't being saved so I tried it multiple times and assumed that it did save properly. I'm in no rush at all, just wanted to check out the backup function which will save me alot of time not having to run PSO/riptool.dol Thanks for looking into this issue.

ps2man
03-08-2005, 04:11 PM
gcos 1.4 works great for me so far

i have loaded resident evil 4 flawlessly
and naruto 3 with sound fix works great
i uesr Ridata Go4 dvd-r's and i have a A08 pioneer latest fimware
both games burned at 4 x
i have a nstc dol-001 plat gamecube with drive 4

great job guys thanks alot

ps wavebird support rocks

ncasebee
03-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Just to post again on the new boards.

I am still getting DRE's with 1.4. I burnt Paper Mario, on Ritek G04 Mini DVD-R at 1x with my Sony DRU-510a burner. I made the backup with the GCOS backup software. It DREed on me. However, 1.4 is the best in terms of Dre's yet. I have tried all Corbras and GCOS's and have the least Dre's with 1.4. Just a little farther, and I will be able to play my backups.

Looking good so far. Keep up the good work. I think #1 priority is the DRE's.

GameSphere
03-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Just to post again on the new boards.

I am still getting DRE's with 1.4. I burnt Paper Mario, on Ritek G04 Mini DVD-R at 1x with my Sony DRU-510a burner. I made the backup with the GCOS backup software. It DREed on me. However, 1.4 is the best in terms of Dre's yet. I have tried all Corbras and GCOS's and have the least Dre's with 1.4. Just a little farther, and I will be able to play my backups.

Looking good so far. Keep up the good work. I think #1 priority is the DRE's.

Have you tried with a different burner? It might help narrow down some DRE issues for you.

ncasebee
03-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Well, see my current burner will NOT burn 4x Ritek G04's at anything but 1x. I don't want to buy a new burner if it *Might* fix my Dre's.

I think that the Dre's will be resolved with a bios. If a the bios can't, then I'm sure that the Ripper3 Cube, will fix it. The GCOS team has already proved that it can be done. They have made leaps and bounds with DRE's with their Bios. I know it can be done in the bios, at least I hope.

I think I'll just wait. I'd rather buy a new modchip to fix my Dre's than buy a new burner to fix them. A burner that *might* fix my Dre's.

If a person could recommend a burner, that would 100% fix my Dre's with a 06 Cube drive, hell I'd buy one. But that is yet to be seen. I need a double layer burner anyway, but not badly enough to just to buy one that *might* fix my Dre's. (Had to use *might* to get my point across.)

It would be nice to test on a different burner, but I have access to UNO (1) Dvd burner. None of my friends have one.

Plus there are so many burners to choose from. It's kinda like buying that Parallel cable to flash your Viper . I bought one, and it doesn't work. Why doesn't it work. It just doesn't. However, other people's do. How about someone program a Viper Flasher PC program that is more compatible with different Parallel Cables. That would be great.

I'd like a GCOS member to comment on this. I would really appreciate.

1) What causes Dre's?
2) How are (if) they going to be fixed? What's the plan to fix them? What have you done so far to lessen them?
3) Is a Swap-Free bios possible with the current Viper modchip? Why or why not?

Here's to 1.5 and a DRE free gaming Cuber. You guys have inspired me to pull out my C++ books and restart my learning. I have seen the light of what, programming can do.

Xboxmodder999
03-08-2005, 09:12 PM
It's a known fact, that Sony dvd burners are not good at burning gamecube games, they produce a lot of errors.

ncasebee
03-08-2005, 09:17 PM
What burner is the best?

The only way to test games to see if they "work" is to boot and play every one of them for at least an hour.

YAY it boots, but I can't play for more than a half an hour. ;)

If it's NEC Newegg.com has a great sale, and would like to know soon.

I'm still unsure about tweaking the laser. Many people say to do it, and many people warn about it. I don't know what's right, burner, laser settings. I need some answeres.

GameSphere
03-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Well, see my current burner will NOT burn 4x Ritek G04's at anything but 1x. I don't want to buy a new burner if it *Might* fix my Dre's.

I think that the Dre's will be resolved with a bios. If a the bios can't, then I'm sure that the Ripper3 Cube, will fix it. The GCOS team has already proved that it can be done. They have made leaps and bounds with DRE's with their Bios. I know it can be done in the bios, at least I hope.

I think I'll just wait. I'd rather buy a new modchip to fix my Dre's than buy a new burner to fix them. A burner that *might* fix my Dre's.

If a person could recommend a burner, that would 100% fix my Dre's with a 06 Cube drive, hell I'd buy one. But that is yet to be seen. I need a double layer burner anyway, but not badly enough to just to buy one that *might* fix my Dre's. (Had to use *might* to get my point across.)

It would be nice to test on a different burner, but I have access to UNO (1) Dvd burner. None of my friends have one.

Plus there are so many burners to choose from. It's kinda like buying that Parallel cable to flash your Viper . I bought one, and it doesn't work. Why doesn't it work. It just doesn't. However, other people's do. How about someone program a Viper Flasher PC program that is more compatible with different Parallel Cables. That would be great.

1) What causes Dre's?
2) How are (if) they going to be fixed? What's the plan to fix them? What have you done so far to lessen them?

Here's to 1.5 and a DRE free gaming Cuber. You guys have inspired me to pull out my C++ books and restart my learning. I have seen the light of what, programming can do.

Well it's understandable that you don't want to buy another burner. If you can find someone with another burner to test that would be a great option as it can give you another data point.

From my experience, I tried burning on a cheap EMPREX DVD burner on full size dvd's and they would all stop spinning after swap. I then burned on another dvd burner using same media and it worked fine. That right there made me suspicious of my burner.

So I bought an NEC 3520A and the mini dvds worked except for a few games that DREd. That made me confident that the NEC burner was working fine and that maybe the images were corrupt. This was all tested using Anaconda.

When GCOS 1.4 came out, I tried the same disks that were giving me DREs and they now work flawlessly. After identifying that I had a drive 8 and GCOS 1.4 nfo said that it had improved drive code and drive 8 compatibility, I figured that at least my burner is not the culprit anymore. Besides, I didn't even have a clue there was an issue with drive 8 anyways.

I think that there is a combination of media/burner/bios/images that causes the DREs. Instead of waiting though, I'd rather try to see if I can at least pinpoint where the issue is, because I would never know if I overlooked something so simple.

So if you can possibly find someone with a dvd burner that you can test your media with, it will at least give you some peace of mind while you're waiting for a bios update :-) knowing full well that you did all you can on your end. I hope you figure out your DRE problems, good luck!

PS I burn at 4x and it works fine so it seems kinda strange to me that your burner only lets you burn at 1x. My curious mind think the DREs might be burner related, but unless you can get another burner to try you'll never know.

ncasebee
03-08-2005, 09:39 PM
One Day Sale
NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive, Beige, Model ND-3520A, OEM

56$ Free Two Day Shipping. Maybe it's worth it just to see.........

Spere: Do you ever get any Dre's. Are you Dre free? Test games for at least an hour?

What are your opinion's on laser tweaking?

What should I do? I'd have to reburn my games, if that's true.

EDIT: Too late, you convined me. I bought a NEC 3520A just like you. I hope your right. Haha.

I guess 2 people must be right. Your story convinced me. First game I'll test is Paper Mario.

GameSphere
03-08-2005, 09:55 PM
One Day Sale, Ends 3/8/2005 5:30 PM PST

Spere: Do you ever get any Dre's. Are you Dre free? Test games for at least an hour?

I wouldn't say completely DRE free but 99% DRE free. I expect to get some DREs now and then since the whole concept is still immature. Before GCOS 1.4, disk would boot then DRE after 5 minutes, each and every time on the same games. Now using GCOS 1.4 and they work fine for hours on ends with even sitting idle (paused) for hours. I get more DREs on my toshiba home dvd player then my GC now. At the same time though I have more confidence that things will get better.

You have to keep in mind that you will experience random DREs on certain games. There are some known issues with certain games like Mario Tennis or DRE after getting your first shine on Mario Sunshine (works fine after getting that shine though). I tend to think that's a minor issue. For the most part it's working quite nice compared to last week (pre GCOS 1.4).

I have even thought about laser tweaking when I was dealing with my DRE issues. I'm very wary about touching any sensitive parts on the gamecube as I would like it to last for awhile. I'm not so sure that tweaking the laser would be a good idea in the long run. But if it works for people, hey more power to them. My thinking is that if I can get good media working on it, why tweak it since it seems to be reading fine. I would like one less variable in the picture.

Buying any hardware really does come down to personal choice. I understand not everyone has the money to buy what they want. That's why I recommend trying to test it out before investing your hard earned money. If the new burner fixes your issues then great, but if it doesn't I hope you can live with your decision. It does seem though that if you ask which burner people recommend here, you will most likely see the same responses.

Good luck!

Hit the reply too fast. Can a mod delete this message please? Thanks.

GameSphere
03-08-2005, 09:56 PM
One Day Sale, Ends 3/8/2005 5:30 PM PST

I wouldn't say completely DRE free but 99% DRE free. I expect to get some DREs now and then since the whole concept is still immature. Before GCOS 1.4, disk would boot then DRE after 5 minutes, each and every time on the same games. Now using GCOS 1.4 and they work fine for hours on ends with even sitting idle (paused) for hours. I get more DREs on my toshiba home dvd player then my GC now. At the same time though I have more confidence that things will get better.

You have to keep in mind that you will experience random DREs on certain games. There are some known issues with certain games like Mario Tennis or DRE after getting your first shine on Mario Sunshine (works fine after getting that shine though). I tend to think that's a minor issue. For the most part it's working quite nice compared to last week (pre GCOS 1.4).

I have even thought about laser tweaking when I was dealing with my DRE issues. I'm very wary about touching any sensitive parts on the gamecube as I would like it to last for awhile. I'm not so sure that tweaking the laser would be a good idea in the long run. But if it works for people, hey more power to them. My thinking is that if I can get good media working on it, why tweak it since it seems to be reading fine. I would like one less variable in the picture.

Buying any hardware really does come down to personal choice. I understand not everyone has the money to buy what they want. That's why I recommend trying to test it out before investing your hard earned money. If the new burner fixes your issues then great, but if it doesn't I hope you can live with your decision. It does seem though that if you ask which burner people recommend here, you will most likely see the same responses.

Good luck!

ps I bought my NEC from newegg also when they didn't have a sale. They still offer good prices when it's not on sale.

pps Well good luck with your purchase! I wish I had free 2 day shipping...Let us know how it works out for you and dont' use cheap media!

ncasebee
03-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Well the Sony sucked anyway. Very picky with media. Burnt 4x Ritek G04's at only 1x. Overpriced. Numberous DVD-RW's wouldn't even recognize.

I needed a dual layer anyway, and at the price, I couldn't pass it up. Seeing that the Plextor was over $100, I chose the NEC.

I will be doing A FULL report people. Mammoth. Expect it this weekend if my burner arrives on Friday (99% sure, knowing Newegg.com)

I will reburn my Paper Mario, and test.
Does the burner affect the situation? Well, I will see. Stay tuned. Haha lol.

It does seem though that if you ask which burner people recommend here, you will most likely see the same responses.

Do you mean the NEC 3520a?

Xboxmodder999
03-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah, the NEC 3520A is supposed to be one of the best for burning gamecube games. I just purchashed one of newegg, it was $57 with free shipping, it is arriving at my house tomorrow:D

GameSphere
03-08-2005, 10:10 PM
There was a thread about dvd burners making a difference but at the moment I can't seem to locate it.

I did research before I bought and compated price and reliability. The NEC won me over. Hopefully it will be good for you too. Let us know what happens so that maybe it will help others.

Knowledge is power.

ps What's with all this free shipping! I need to contact newegg... :-)

Xboxmodder, are you having DRE issues too? If so, can you report back when you get your 3520A including your setup? Thanks.

Here's the link http://forums.maxconsole.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3974

Xboxmodder999
03-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I had a MicroAdvantage 4x dvd burner that burns gamecube games with an acassional DRE error on dvd-r and dvd+r's, but it couldn't burn mini dvd-r worth shit. So I decided what the heck, I'll get the NEC 3520A, We'll see if it makes a difference tomorrow.

Modin
03-08-2005, 10:35 PM
with 1.4 I'm about 90% DRE free.

LiteOn burner, dol-101 plat, drive 8.

I'm happy with 90% at the moment, but if 1.5 fixes even more DRE's I'll be stoked :)

ncasebee
03-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Excellent Xboxmodder. You and I can compare our findings. What Gamecube Drive do you have though? Mine is an 06.

However, I want to do something. I want to compare out images, and make sure they are exactly the same going into the burn. How do I do this. I know it has something to do with md5 checksums. How do I create them? How do I compare them? I can post these for Paper Mario and Star Fox right now, if someone can direct me on how to do MD5 checksums.

GameSphere
03-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Legal Disclaimer

I do not work for NEC or Newegg. :-)

ncasebee
03-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Excellent Xboxmodder. You and I can compare our findings. What Gamecube Drive do you have though? Mine is an 06.

However, I want to do something. I want to compare out images, and make sure they are exactly the same going into the burn. How do I do this. I know it has something to do with md5 checksums. How do I create them? How do I compare them? I can post these for Paper Mario and Star Fox right now, if someone can direct me on how to do MD5 checksums.

I changed my wording. Thought that might be a bit sensitive, and we aren't the only ones with NEC drives. MD5 answer?

GameSphere
03-08-2005, 10:53 PM
lol, I did the exact same things comparing MD5 hashes. It turns out the MD5 hashes I had compared to others were the same. I assumed that since they had no DRE issues that my images were bad. It didn't seem to matter.

However if you want to run md5 hashes you can use this utility here

http://www.whitsoftdev.com/md5/

It's free and fast.

btw check the link 5 posts above, that thread contains my md5 hash adventure.

ncasebee
03-08-2005, 10:55 PM
So Yours and other's images compared alright? But one person got Dre's and one didn't?

Then we just compare the hashes, and if they are the same, the images are exactly the same? I'll be sure to check it out.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Used GCOS Backup):

db9a997a617ee03bbc32336d6945ec02

Star Fox Assault: (Used GCOS Backup):

992e00b7df1960d4ca03c76801502f91

GameSphere
03-08-2005, 10:57 PM
So Yours and other's images compared? But one person got Dre's and one didn't?

Then we just copmare the hashes, and if they are the same, the images are exactly the same? I'll be sure to check it out.

The md5 hashes were exact and I got DREs and they didn't. However, after using GCOS 1.4 the same disks, same image works flawlessly.

Yes if md5 hash are the same then the images are the same.

ncasebee
03-08-2005, 11:00 PM
It was probably the drives. They had different drives I'm willing to bet. Was this with the NEC 3520a or without it?

GameSphere
03-08-2005, 11:04 PM
So Yours and other's images compared alright? But one person got Dre's and one didn't?

Then we just compare the hashes, and if they are the same, the images are exactly the same? I'll be sure to check it out.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Used GCOS Backup):

Star Fox Assault: (Used GCOS Backup):

992e00b7df1960d4ca03c76801502f91

Just did the md5 hash for Paper Mario

d13426a926055be11a8330b27fe231ea <--mine looks different.

You ran the md5 app on your .iso right?

Well for me it turns out that we had the same md5 images but I had a laser 8 drive that was giving me the grief.

GameSphere
03-08-2005, 11:07 PM
It was probably the drives. They had different drives I'm willing to bet. Was this with the NEC 3520a or without it?

I'm sure that the difference was the laser drive in the GC. Some games worked fine on the office depot minis using the NEC and some DREd.

ncasebee
03-08-2005, 11:11 PM
What's going on? I did my backup on Paper Mario:The Thousand Year Door too. Hmmmm. Let me try again. Yes, I'm doing the MD5 on the full 1.4 gb ISO. Does the name matter? My iso is named Mario.iso.

Which others iso's do you have? I can't PM you sphere, wanna PM me? Anyone else have a Paper Mario hash?

ps2man
03-08-2005, 11:12 PM
i don't think names matter

GameSphere
03-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Yeah the names doesn't matter as it hashes the iso.

There are some more hashes in this thread:

http://forums.maxconsole.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3974&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

ncasebee
03-08-2005, 11:34 PM
What ever happened to your RE4 troubles? Any difference with 1.4?

We need someone to post a hash for Paper Mario, because I'm coming up with the same thing.

GameSphere
03-08-2005, 11:37 PM
GCOS 1.4 fixed it. Same DRE RE4 disk now works fine with GCOS 1.4

PM me your list and we can try to compare something else. Preferrably another DRE image you have.

madmab
03-09-2005, 02:21 AM
It's a known fact, that Sony dvd burners are not good at burning gamecube games, they produce a lot of errors.

Really? The one that came with my sony seems to burn em just great. In fact my xbox burns improved substantially since I switched to it.

Although DVDinfo/Identifier reports it as a Pioneer drive.

So far the most consistent DRE I've gotten is from Mario Sunshine and it always happens after you get a SHINE and it asks to save. But if you "Save & Quit" quickly enough then it wont happen. All other saves work fine.

It's almost as if the cube is trying to change files too quickly and timesout or something.

Oh and Pacman Fever has realy crappy sound (even when I ran the GCM fixer with streami fixing turned on).

I have originals for those two, so maybe some time I'll try backin them up and see how they do.

tenchir
03-09-2005, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by madmab
Really? The one that came with my sony seems to burn em just great. In fact my xbox burns improved substantially since I switched to it.

Although DVDinfo/Identifier reports it as a Pioneer drive.

So far the most consistent DRE I've gotten is from Mario Sunshine and it always happens after you get a SHINE and it asks to save. But if you "Save & Quit" quickly enough then it wont happen. All other saves work fine.

It's almost as if the cube is trying to change files too quickly and timesout or something.

Oh and Pacman Fever has realy crappy sound (even when I ran the GCM fixer with streami fixing turned on).

I have originals for those two, so maybe some time I'll try backin them up and see how they do.

Are you using "Super Mario Sunshine (USA) RARE" release? I have the exact same problem as you. I usually get the DRE right after getting a SHINE(when it asked to save). Would using fstfix14b fix the DRE problem??

I burn the game at 2x on the RitekG04 mini-dvdr with NEC 3520A.

This game and Naruto 3 are the only games I am having problems with so far. I tried using fstfix14b s f option and I still get DRE when trying to enter a battle.

totofi
03-09-2005, 05:38 AM
Does GCOS 1.4 require to bypass the lid switch sensor to use backup lplaying.

bad mr frosty
03-09-2005, 05:38 AM
I have only tried a few games (Rebel Strike, RE4 and Star Fox Assault) and all gave me DRE`s after 5 - 10 mins play. I burnt them on various types of full size media with my NEC 2500A.

Then I remembered that my PS2 was very picky with media and using DVD-RW disks gave the best results. So I dug out a old PS2 game on a Princo DVD-RW, erased it and burnt Rebel Strike at 1x. I played for about 2 hours last night with no DRE`s, problem solved.

Corvo
03-09-2005, 05:58 AM
Lucky you...
...my Cube won't read DVD-RW :(

rajackar
03-09-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by totofi
Does GCOS 1.4 require to bypass the lid switch sensor to use backup lplaying.

I was wondering the smae thing. Read the entire topic but I'm still not sure.
Laser tweaking hasn't been mentioned in this topic I think but am I correct when assuming I still have to do this?

Chambers
03-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Not if you're using the AR + Memcard method, otherwise you still need to tape down the lid switch

BTW: I got the AR+Memcard working (Thanks for the help guys @ #gcmods!!) and was playing Metroid Prime 2 last night to test it out. Burnt it on Office Depot MINI DVD-R (Which DVD Decrypter said were G04's) at 4x speed (That's as low as NERO would go on a Pioneer A08 burner.

I played until the second save point (not the ship...but right after seeing the Dark World Samus) and I scanned everything I could so I would say I was playing for roughly 20 or so minutes. No DRE's or anything. I'm very pleased with the results so far. So happy! Now hopefully the guys can figure out Native support for AR codes :)

Thanks again for this programming feat!!

rajackar
03-09-2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Chambers
Not if you're using the AR + Memcard method, otherwise you still need to take down the lid switch

And how about max drive pro? I'm using that to boot GCOS but I'm afraid I'm the only one ;)
Well I'm just going to try :)

rAvin
03-09-2005, 07:36 AM
You only need to lasertweak if you´re unable to read DVD backup media. If you get dre´s it because of a cheap burner, pioneer seems to be the best burner and works on most media for gc games.

totofi
03-09-2005, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by rajackar
And how about max drive pro? I'm using that to boot GCOS but I'm afraid I'm the only one ;)
Well I'm just going to try :)

And if you are using SDLOAD like i do ??

rajackar
03-09-2005, 07:39 AM
I wasn't able to boot backups through GCOS before but I'll try 1.4 with Max drive pro. This would be great way to start backups fast.
If it fails I'll try tweaking the laser.

And if you are using SDLOAD like i do ??
I don't have a sdreader and AR so I'm just using the boot disc that came with the MD pro.

djgarf
03-09-2005, 07:47 AM
I was wondering the smae thing. Read the entire topic but I'm still not sure.
Laser tweaking hasn't been mentioned in this topic I think but am I correct when assuming I still have to do this?

i havent done the laser tweak and as long as your using mini dvd's then no u dont need to do anything to the lid sensor

totofi
03-09-2005, 07:56 AM
I was asking for the lid switch because, befor burning a mini-dvd i tested GCOS-1.4 from SDLOAD with a real game : inserting a game instead of a backup ... and it doesn't work .... stay on a dark screen and not telling the right info about the disk ... any hint ??

ps2man
03-09-2005, 08:07 AM
well i use the pso bba method and i did not have to open my system. i just open the lid when it says you have 8 seconds to swap so far its worked everytime.

rajackar
03-09-2005, 08:10 AM
I was asking for the lid switch because, befor burning a mini-dvd i tested GCOS-1.4 from SDLOAD with a real game : inserting a game instead of a backup ... and it doesn't work .... stay on a dark screen and not telling the right info about the disk ... any hint ??
I've read somewhere that you can't boot real games through anaconda because the drive is set in a different mode for reading backup discs. I think this would be the case with GCOS so this is expected behaviour.

Shadowsan
03-09-2005, 08:14 AM
If you select boot game dvd with an original in, it should work fine.

Shadowsan

ps2man
03-09-2005, 08:15 AM
you can use boot original option

rajackar
03-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Maybe he tried the boot backup option with an original disc. This shouldn't work right?

ps2man
03-09-2005, 08:18 AM
that would be a reason

totofi
03-09-2005, 08:25 AM
If you select boot game dvd with an original in, it should work fine.

Shadowsan

Thanks ...

Maybe he tried the boot backup option with an original disc. This shouldn't work right?

Yes ... i just tried before burning mini dvd-r that should reach me by the end of the week !!

BTW i wanted to thank and congratulate the GCOS team for their FABULOUS work.

Xboxmodder999
03-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Really? The one that came with my sony seems to burn em just great. In fact my xbox burns improved substantially since I switched to it. Although dvd Identifier sees it as a pioneer.

Exactly, it's a Pioneer(which burns with very few errors), not a Sony. Sony uses other parts in their computers, not just there's. Right now, the newer Pioneer dvd burners, along with the NEC 3520A and BEN Q, are the best for making low error burns, which results in it being able to be read better.

GameSphere
03-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by tenchir
Are you using "Super Mario Sunshine (USA) RARE" release? I have the exact same problem as you. I usually get the DRE right after getting a SHINE(when it asked to save). Would using fstfix14b fix the DRE problem??

I burn the game at 2x on the RitekG04 mini-dvdr with NEC 3520A.

This game and Naruto 3 are the only games I am having problems with so far. I tried using fstfix14b s f option and I still get DRE when trying to enter a battle.

Super Mario Sunshine DREd on me once after getting the first shine, but that was the only time. I have been running this game for about a week averaging 6 hours a day. I'm also using the same burner and pretty much the same media (office depot).

The_Legend
03-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Chambers
Not if you're using the AR + Memcard method, otherwise you still need to tape down the lid switch

what makes you say this??? you really don't need to tape down the lid, doesn't matter the method you're using. you just need to be "fast" (not that fast, the swap delay is increased now), no lid sensor taping at all!

and the laser tweaking, I've heard it helped some people to get the backups work. for other people it just did'nt help at all. I'd say you'd better try different media/burner/firmware/game before trying tweaking, and only if you have some kind of problem. nobady knows for sure what the laser tweak can cause in the long run.

Chambers
03-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by The_Legend
what makes you say this??? you really don't need to tape down the lid, doesn't matter the method you're using. you just need to be "fast" (not that fast, the swap delay is increased now), no lid sensor taping at all!

and the laser tweaking, I've heard it helped some people to get the backups work. for other people it just did'nt help at all. I'd say you'd better try different media/burner/firmware/game before trying tweaking, and only if you have some kind of problem. nobady knows for sure what the laser tweak can cause in the long run.

I thought it had to be taped down for any other method than AR+Memcard. Cause opening the lid will reset the drive (AR somehow prevents this?). Guess I'm wrong then?

Xboxmodder999
03-09-2005, 11:25 AM
The only time that you need to tape down the lid sensor is if you don't have a Viper chip, and you want to play backups on full dvd-r or dvd+r

Dixon Butz
03-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Super Mario Sunshine DREd on me once after getting the first shine, but that was the only time. I have been running this game for about a week averaging 6 hours a day. I'm also using the same burner and pretty much the same media (office depot).

I get the same dre. I tried different media at different speeds with a Pioneer 108d. All get the dre in the same place. My PI/PO scans are fine. Is this game rip a slightly bad image? Maybe when it was ripped, the data was corrupted in those sectors. I want to try ripping the original myself. Then burn it and see what happens.

rajackar
03-09-2005, 12:28 PM
I just succesfully played mario party 6 with GCOS and max drive pro.
I tried the exact same disc with anaconda and it did nothing.
This really is a great way to boot the backup.
I got a DRE when entering the first mini game though.
I used the nec burner mentioned here with bulpaq mini dvd's (prodisc03).
I have also tried Burnout 2 but the drive doesn't read the disc. Maybe I'n going to try the laser tweaking but I first want to try some more games.

Btw, are the ritek discs really that much better? And if yes does anybody know an online shop with reasonable shipping prices to europe?

I want to thank the GCOS team for this GREAT release! You guys rule!

spire2z
03-09-2005, 12:32 PM
Just like to say I think GCOS to be an excellent peice of software.

I would also like to confirm that running on Viper it's the best yet. Better than any of the Cobra releases, works absolutely perfectly with a Viper and moded lazer value GC ipl 1.0 drive 6 (61).

I love the more controllable swap function. Don't need DVD flash, it's a waste of a DVD anyway why not just leave the Cobra lead sticking out of the fan outlet so you can easily attach it to your PC. Fuck the graphics stick to coding as you guys do it well and slick. I don't worry to much about elaborate features untill the DVD boot works on all drive models as it does for me.

What the hell are all these idiots doing complaining about free software (you can't complain about free software if you don't like it don't use it). Also it does not make sense to bash GCOS when it's GCOS that will save the Viper chip because this is the update Bios every Viper owner wants and has been waiting for huh!!!! Why do you need a Cobra bios when this is already better and with this many updates so soon it just looks really promising.

please do not get stressed about these people GCOS coders, business people have to put up with this kind of ignorance all the time and it's true that the silent core of technical people really appreciate what is being done. Thanks a million for the free software GCOS...

SigmaX6
03-09-2005, 01:48 PM
i made an *cough* backup from mario power tennis, and it runs now, but its kinda weird, ill here skip once and awile like it did on cobra 4,but it doesn dre like it did on the did b4, dont mind here the skip sound ever 5 minutes? myabe its not even an skip sound maybe its actually reading something. but anywho congrats gcos team u guys rule!

AND yes i did have to crack open my case, aperently the glue didnt dry it was still sorta sticky wet, lol thats what i get for using wood glue!

Nemeziz
03-09-2005, 02:45 PM
I have DOL-101/48 Platinum (NO Tweak POT) and Cobra 0.2/0.3/0.4 dont boot any of my games.
GCOS 1.4 Boot all flawless!
GCOS Team you are the man!

Xboxmodder999
03-09-2005, 11:35 PM
I just recieved my NEC 3520A this morning and burned Fight Night Round 2, to a office depot mini dvd-r, and played it for almost 2 errors without any problems:D. With my old burner(A microAdvantage), I had DRE's left and right. I am going to burn more and see how it goes.

Oh, and those with NEC 3520A burners, what firmware do you have on yours?

harrypotter
03-09-2005, 11:44 PM
tag

madmab
03-10-2005, 12:30 AM

I got a DRE on the windmill level after getting a shine for beating up the flower that was spitting out slime balls. (It's the first challenge of that level). I do not get DRE's when I collect blue coins.

No biggie though. I have the original, plus if I'm quick enough a save&quit keeps it from DRE'ing.

BTW I'm using the RARE release. I might try backing up my copy later, but I have too much other stuff I'm interested in burning at the moment.

Oh and thanks GCOS team for having it display disc information. It's a great way of at least showing if the disc is being read. When I was trying on earlier versions I had no clue if my cube was able to read em due to bad burns or what.

rajackar
03-10-2005, 02:12 AM
Just tried Mortal Kombat Deception. It starts ok but goes into DRE mode within 2 minutes of starting the game.
Burnout 2 doesn't start at all.
Should I try to tweak my laser or just try to find the ritek discs somewhere?

rAvin
03-10-2005, 03:16 AM
If you can boot up games, enter menu etc... get passed the GC logo. You dont need to tweak, either try ritek or burn on another dvdwriter.

rajackar
03-10-2005, 03:23 AM
I just did the laser mod ;)

update:

Burnout 2 works great now :)
DCOS was unable to read disc info before and now it plays great. I went from 475 to 195 ohms.
mk deception still crahses but I think this is a bad iso. (worked through pso though)

rAvin
03-10-2005, 05:35 AM
okej the laser tweak, was helping you to boot media, however, if it works through pso, the iso is not corupted, try burning on different media or burner. Burners like different media. Try firmware update on your burner aswell. Might solve the problem.

rajackar
03-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Might be a bad burn. I have the nec burner mentioned here and other games on the same media work fine.

GameSphere
03-10-2005, 10:41 AM
I just recieved my NEC 3520A this morning and burned Fight Night Round 2, to a office depot mini dvd-r, and played it for almost 2 errors without any problems:D. With my old burner(A microAdvantage), I had DRE's left and right. I am going to burn more and see how it goes.

Oh, and those with NEC 3520A burners, what firmware do you have on yours?

Hey buddy, so the new burner working out for you? As you know, that's my exact setup (NEC + Office minis).

btw, i'm using the stock firmware that comes with it. 1.4 or 1.04, something like that can't remember.

tenchir
03-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Hey buddy, so the new burner working out for you? As you know, that's my exact setup (NEC + Office minis).

btw, i'm using the stock firmware that comes with it. 1.4 or 1.04, something like that can't remember.

1.04 is the latest "Official" firmware. There are unofficial firmware out there that are newer, but they aren't support by NEC. There is a firmware coming out soon from NEC that let's you do kprobe on your discs to find PI/PIF errors that only LiteON drives can do right now.

GameSphere
03-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by tenchir
1.04 is the latest "Official" firmware. There are unofficial firmware out there that are newer, but they aren't support by NEC. There is a firmware coming out soon from NEC that let's you do kprobe on your discs to find PI/PIF errors that only LiteON drives can do right now.

Then it's 1.04 i'm using which is the stock. I couldn't remeber it earlier but thanks for confirming.

Xboxmodder999
03-10-2005, 09:16 PM

Yeah, the Nec 3520A and office depot mini's(ritek g04's), are working perfectly so far.

GameSphere
03-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah, the Nec 3520A and office depot mini's(ritek g04's), are working perfectly so far.

Good to hear!

ncasebee
03-10-2005, 10:32 PM

Awesome. Hope I have the same luck. I hope it stays that way!

XboxModder999: What games have you tested now? Keep us informed on your tests. I'm eager to hear, since my burner is coming also. Still haven't got a DRE? I'm excited.

Oh yeah, what speed are you burning those discs at? Does this matter?

:D

Xboxmodder999
03-10-2005, 11:28 PM
I have tested Fight night Round 2, NBA Street V3, Paper Mario: thousand year door, and NFL Street 2. I have played Fight Night for about 3 hours with no DRE's, NBA Street about 1 1/2 hour hours with no Dre's, Paper Mario I've played for about 1 hour with no DRE's, and NFL street about a 1/2 hour so far without, and DRE's.

I have burned at both 2x and 4x, and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I haven't had the same luck with ProdiscS03 mini;s, I get lots of DRE's with those, so I'm just gonna stick with the Ritek go4 mini's.

Oh, and I noticed that with the NEC 3520A, my write buffer goes up and down like crazy, both a2 2x, and 4x, does it do this with you guys? I don't mind all that much, it just takes longer to burn becasue of it.

With my MicroAdvantage, the write buffer stayed at a solid 99% at 2x, but at 4x it would jump quite a bit.

GameSphere
03-11-2005, 12:15 AM
I have tested Fight night Round 2, NBA Street V3, Paper Mario: thousand year door, and NFL Street 2. I have played Fight Night for about 3 hours with no DRE's, NBA Street about 1 1/2 hour hours with no Dre's, Paper Mario I've played for about 1 hour with no DRE's, and NFL street about a 1/2 hour so far without, and DRE's.

I haven't had the same luck with ProdiscS03 mini;s, I get lots of DRE's with those, so I'm just gonna stick with the Ritek go4 mini's.

Oh, and I noticed that with the NEC 3520A, my write buffer goes up and down like crazy, both a2 2x, and 4x, does it do this with you guys? I don't mind all that much, it just takes longer to burn becasue of it.

With my MicroAdvantage, the write buffer stayed at a solid 99% at 2x, but at 4x it would jump quite a bit.

I think I saw the same thing you did about the buffer. I'm not too worried as long as I don't get a failure on it. Burning at 2x or 4x doesn't really matter except 2x takes longer ;-)

Xboxmodder999
03-11-2005, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I'm not oo worried either, because I haven't had a burn error, it justy takes longer then it should, and I wish it didn't. I wonder if it is a firware issue or something like that.

rajackar
03-11-2005, 01:51 AM

I I'm also burning with the NEC 3520A and my buffer stays round 97 - 100 % Maybe this has to do with my 1 GB of ram.
I'm using the ProdiscS03 mini's now but I would like to buy some ritek go4 mini's. Do you know a good online shop to order those?
Btw, I can really recomend getting a max drvie pro to boot GCOS ;)

edit:

I found discs with ID "RITEKG0401". Are these the right ones?

Mathieulh
03-11-2005, 05:13 AM

1) What causes Dre's?

------------------ANSWERS-----------------------

-I personaly doubt that RipperGC will fix DRE

- Dre are issues that can occur with : -Bad Release (ripped with packet losses)
-Bad Media (or compatibility)

-Bad Laser resistance setting (ohms)

-Bad bios

- We don't know how to improve DREless as we fixed approx 99.5% of bioses DRE issues however we are still working on imporving Disc Reading

-to lesser the DRE we changed the Drive init code patch from anaconda and created our own that is far better and stable (in fact we have one drive init code for V4 and 6 and another for V8 both are very different from the original anaconda code)

-Yes theoricaly a swap free bios can be done, but the fact is that we still don't know how to do it, we just know that we need to override the disk checking feature from the firmware and that it can be done from software.

I hope I helped you

ncasebee
03-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Mathieulh: Thx for clarifying and answering my questions. :) Keep up the good work.

Xboxmodder999
03-11-2005, 08:58 AM
I I'm also burning with the NEC 3520A and my buffer stays round 97 - 100 % Maybe this has to do with my 1 GB of ram.
I'm using the ProdiscS03 mini's now but I would like to buy some ritek go4 mini's. Do you know a good online shop to order those?
Btw, I can really recomend getting a max drvie pro to boot GCOS ;)

edit:

I found discs with ID "RITEKG0401". Are these the right ones?

I have been looking for a good online place, but haven't found one yet. If the ProdiscS03 mini's work for you, I have eight of them each in their own mini jewel case that I'll sell you for $8 shipped.

rajackar
03-11-2005, 10:07 AM
I have been looking for a good online place, but haven't found one yet. If the ProdiscS03 mini's work for you, I have eight of them each in their own mini jewel case that I'll sell you for $8 shipped.

I have one game working great on prodiscS03 but I want to try some more this weekend. I'll let you know if I'd like them.
Tnx in advance.

Xboxmodder999
03-11-2005, 10:59 AM
I have one game working great on prodiscS03 but I want to try some more this weekend. I'll let you know if I'd like them.
Tnx in advance.

Sounds good:D

I know they work perfectly for some people, but i burned 2 discs with ISO's that work perfectly, and I get DRE's so I decided not to waste them, instead sale them to someone that they work for.

molton
03-11-2005, 04:49 PM
I just did the laser mod ;)

update:

Burnout 2 works great now :)
DCOS was unable to read disc info before and now it plays great. I went from 475 to 195 ohms.
mk deception still crahses but I think this is a bad iso. (worked through pso though)

I have a backup of MKD I made myself using GCOS. It runs flawlessly, on my version 38 gamecube, what model gamecube do you have? It's probably your media but it could be a compatibility issue.

ncasebee
03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Well I got my NEC 3520a today, and installed it. Right now I trying to burn Paper Mario at 4x on Ritek Mini, but I just got a write error due to power calibration.

UHG. I tried again, and this time it worked. I have no idea why this happened. Oh well, I guess I'll try my Paper Mario Backup now.

GameSphere
03-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Well I got my NEC 3520a today, and installed it. Right now I trying to burn Paper Mario at 4x on Ritek Mini, but I just got a write error due to power calibration.

UHG. I tried again, and this time it worked. I have no idea why this happened. Oh well, I guess I'll try my Paper Mario Backup now.

Cool, keep us posted about your experience with the NEC.

ncasebee
03-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Well played for approx 40 minutes. No DRE on Paper Mario burned at 4x on Ritek G04. I'll keep testing, and keep you posted.

ZildjianKX
03-12-2005, 01:34 PM
My NEC 3500 w/ LD V2.TB RC2 firmware burns Ritek R04 media great, no problems so far (OS X).

rajackar
03-13-2005, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by molton
I have a backup of MKD I made myself using GCOS. It runs flawlessly, on my version 38 gamecube, what model gamecube do you have? It's probably your media but it could be a compatibility issue.
Maybe I should try to burn MKD again. Could be a bad burn.
I played Burnout 2 for several hours now and yesterday I got my first DRE with this burn. I still can't get a hold of some ritek discs. I thinks I'll give some other ISO's a try and see what happens.

ncasebee
03-13-2005, 08:19 PM
I've been playing alot of Paper Mario and different backups and have not suffered any DRE's since I upgraded to my NEC3520a. I burn at 4x on Ritek G04 media.

My old Sony DRU-510a would produce discs that DREed A lot. So I'll keep testing my NEC 3520a. I think that this fixed it for me and my 06 Cube with Viper.

I don't believe it. The burner really does make a huge difference. I would not have believed till I tried it.

rajackar
03-14-2005, 01:02 AM
Can you tell me what update you did with the 3520a? I have the same burner and my ProdiscS03 discs DRE quite a lot.

ncasebee
03-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Well, I know my Firmware version is 1.04 on my 3520a. However, I think your problem is the media you are using. Get some better media. The best media available in mini form is most definately Ritek, unless you cut your own.

Xboxmodder999
03-14-2005, 10:58 AM
I also have the NEC 3520A with firmware 1.04, and I get absolutly no DRE's when I use Ritek mini g04s. I have burned Paper Mario and NFL street 2 to proDiscS03's, and NFL Street 2 gets an error in the same place(so just a bad burn I think), and paper mario works pretty well, I just get an occasional DRE(not sure if it is bios or media related).

ZildjianKX
03-14-2005, 11:01 AM
I also have the NEC 3520A with firmware 1.04, and I get absolutly no DRE's when I use Ritek mini g04s. I have burned Paper Mario and NFL street 2 to proDiscS03's, and NFL Street 2 gets an error in the same place(so just a bad burn I think), and paper mario works pretty well, I just get an occasional DRE(not sure if it is bios or media related).

I'm a bit confused, you said you get "absolutely no DRE's" but then you listed the ones you get below it...

I use Ritek R04s and only get the occasional DRE in Star Fox Assault and the same spot in Metroid Prime 2.

Xboxmodder999
03-14-2005, 05:26 PM
I said that I get absolutely no DRE's when I use Ritek mini g04's;). I then said that I DO get DRE's with the ProDiscS03's. I maybe could have worded it a little better, but it still means the same thing.

ZildjianKX
03-14-2005, 05:35 PM
I said that I get absolutely no DRE's when I use Ritek mini g04's;). I then said that I DO get DRE's with the ProDiscS03's. I maybe could have worded it a little better, but it still means the same thing.

Hehe, sorry, it's all good. What do you use as your swap disc, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks :)

Xboxmodder999
03-14-2005, 05:39 PM
I use Mario Kart: DD. I tried Mario Sunshine, and the backups would only boot about 1/2 the time. I have also tried a few others, but Mario Kart: DD seems to be the best.

ZildjianKX
03-14-2005, 05:40 PM
I use Mario Kart: DD. I tried Mario Sunshine, and the backups would only boot about 1/2 the time. I have also tried a few others, but Mario Kart: DD seems to be the best.

I'll try Mario Kart DD tonight, I've been using Action Replay, and Metroid Prime 2 keeps freezing, hope that fixes it. Kinda sucks having to do a double swap though, oh well :)

rajackar
03-15-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm using the max drive pro boot disc as a swap disc. Most of the games start OK so I'm guessing that this is not the problem.
I should be getting my ritek media tomorrow :)

ncasebee
03-16-2005, 08:16 AM
I've been playing alot of Paper Mario and different backups and have not suffered any DRE's since I upgraded to my NEC3520a. I burn at 4x on Ritek G04 media.

My old Sony DRU-510a would produce discs that DREed A lot. So I'll keep testing my NEC 3520a. I think that this fixed it for me and my 06 Cube with Viper.

I don't believe it. The burner really does make a huge difference. I would not have believed till I tried it.

Since then I have continued to play, and have continued to NOT get a single DRE. I don't believe it, but I have come to the conclusion that it is true. Your burner and media matters BIG TIME, in relation to DRE's. I played my Metroid Prime backup burnt at 4x on Ritek Mini with the 3520a, for at least 45 minutes. No dres. NONE. This was absolutely impossible with the backups burnt with my Sony DRU-510a.

It fixed my DRE problem with my 06 drive. I no longer suffer from Dre's, since I upgraded to the NEC 3520a burner. Thx XboxModder and Gamesphere. You guys were right, even though I was skeptical at first.:D

GameSphere
03-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Glad it worked out for you.

Xboxmodder999
03-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Yeah, me too

rajackar
03-17-2005, 02:34 AM
Just bought my second gamecube in the resident evil 4 limited edition pack :)
Now I have a laser-tweaked and a normal cube for testing.
But I guess I won't be that interested in testing until I finish RE4 ;)

rajackar
03-23-2005, 06:31 AM
I finished RE4 yesterday :)

I also got my RitekG04 discs and the media makes a HUGE difference. I tried various iso's and so far no DRE's for me.
The drive in my new cube seems to be better too because it plays backups my old gamecube wouldn't. maybe it's not as dirty as the old one ;)

lowrider
03-30-2005, 03:28 PM
hehe can some one please tell what i need to get the anaconda to work on my cube without a chip?

nukleuzdj
03-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Heres a slight suggestion for 1.5 its only a cosmetic thing but would be nice if its possible;

after the game region is detected the discs banner could also be shown on screen, like what GCNrd does before booting games.

possible?

MADgravedigga
04-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Okay apologies in advance for being a newb to this site and GCOS. Not so new to modding but havin some trouble here. Installed Viper GC with GCOS 1.4 BIOS, but now I can't figure out how the hell to get the "backup game" feature to work. Can anyone explain or help a little witht this one it would be greatly appreciated.