PDA

View Full Version : Guide to Ripping Xbox Games

link2312
04-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Hi there I noticed that heeps of people are asking how to rip an xbox game so im gonna poast how i do it...

1. download and install Qwix on your pc (it doesnt matter if you hav avalaunch or not)

2. Setup your FTP settings (your IP and all that stuff)

3. make sure its workin u dont need to be able to access the ftp through qwix because i cant and it still makes iso's of games on my hdd

4. ok so now that thats all setup and your ftp is workin go into qwix and click create ISO

5. click the dot next to ftp folder and then click the ... box next to the address bar lookin thing

6. that should bring up a heep of folders or just a couple (it brings up about ten or sumthin when im goin from my dash and 4 when im usin xbmc) choose where your game is and select the folder but dont go into it then click ok

7. Click the "Create ISO" button... it will then ask where you want the iso 2 b created to so select where you want it to be and then it will create the iso

Well thats the creating the iso part over now onto burning it to disc before i start on that its probly best if you use a DVD disc DVD-r or DVD+r which ever one take your pick if you can get any others workin post it... i hav got games on cdr aswell as dvd+r but no DVD-r coz my burner is only a + burner

to put the games on to disc i use Record now but i think u can do it with any burning program that you can put iso's onto discs

1. go into record now and click on the tab that has the picture of 2 discs on it click on burn image and then select your ISO image and burn it to the disc

2. when its done take it out write on it and play it simple as that

This is just what i do it works for me so it should work for you if it doesnt then just go over the guide and make sure you hav done everything right there are other guides on how to setup an ftp with your xbox... i ftp with internet explorer and that works for me anyways i hav never had any problems with that so if there are any questions just ask

akwaiks
08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
does this wor on XBOX 360

Supernovah
08-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Where do i get Record now? BTW Im doing this with halo 2 on a DVD+RW i will post if it works but im doing a modded H2 disk thing so

link2312
08-31-2007, 06:08 PM
you don't have to use record now. you only need something that will burn ISO files but i got record now as a torrent from a torrent website

Supernovah
09-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah i got Craxtion and DVD decryptor now and i burned like 5 mod disks lol. Im making mods for ppl now and so far i have sold over 58 mod disks with custom requests

realg187
11-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Okay so if I have the files for the game (I can play them off the HD) then I DONT burn a data CD/DVD in ISO or UDF? I use this qwik program to make an ISO and then burn the ISO?

Jdemon
11-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Craxtion is really all you need. It has it's own FTP and builds, extracts and reads Xbox isos

realg187
11-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Craxtion is really all you need. It has it's own FTP and builds, extracts and reads Xbox isos

I wanna do the oposite of extract, I want to make an ISO from the extracted files. (Well I wanna burn them to make a burned game, not a data CD that I can only read in my computer and copy the files to the hard drive)

Jdemon
11-08-2008, 10:24 PM
OK I'm a little confused by what you're saying realg187.

You can use Craxtion to build an Xbox playable iso backup from your files.
If they are on your Xbox HDD just transfer them to your PC first.
If the files are on your PC already just use Craxtion to build a new iso.
If they are an original or backup of your game you can rip them using Craxtion to rip via FTP from your Xbox.

I hope that helps. :D

realg187
11-09-2008, 05:26 PM
can qwix make playable ISOs for burning.

Jdemon
11-10-2008, 04:57 PM
no idea, not familiar with qwix