PDA

View Full Version : The GCoS Teaser Threads

Pages : [1] 2

emu_kidid
08-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Okay, It's all fixed up and the streaming games don't crash, just hiss or play ok with the stream patch.
ViperGC version of Revision 2 is at http://forums.maxconsole.net/showpost.php?p=75584&postcount=100 .
GRAB THE NEW ONE NOW.

GCoS Teaser Revised
GCMODS proudly present
-------------------

GCOS Teaser

System ........: Nintendo Gamecube

File Name .....: GCoSTeaserRevised2.zip

Released ......: 21/08/2005

Whatsnew in the Teaser Version :

- New GUI - Not so new thanks to ninjamod :|
- Full No swap drive 04,06,08,Q support!
- Saving of region preferences
- Network Settings applied on the fly
- Dol uploading fixed yet again!
- DVD Reset from tools menu

Info:
-----
It's been a long time since any update from us, finally I've had some
time to sit down and code up something for the public. Most of
the dev team seems to have gone MIA so it was down to me and
with the help of various people from the NGC scene I was able to
complete this Teaser with a few much needed features such as
noswap and no idle bug.

Features:
--------
Play backups and originals from every region!
Backup Games using your BBA and any Internet Browser
Upload and execute .dol and .elf using netcat (port 4000)

Known Bugs:
----------
There may still be a real-time clock bug in this version.
Submit your bugs to us at #gcmods. DVD+ currently isn't working.

Future:
-------
Bug identifying and fixing currently. Trying to make it work for
everyone is a pain, but worth it.
1.50 Final Build will be it for a while from us but will leave us
ahead of the rest. Trust me, when it's out you will know what
i mean.

Compile Notes:
-------------
No source published this time thanks to the lamers at ninjamod.

Please keep in mind there will be bugs. Just post them here and i'll see what i can do! :)

jockojohnson
08-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Thanks man! Been looking forward to this :)

theinfluence
08-20-2005, 11:24 AM
What's GCoS?

NeoNight
08-20-2005, 11:40 AM
hmm I think its a program that makes toast

\o/!

thea1ien
08-20-2005, 11:44 AM
Interface looks nice :)

Booted and executes on the Panasonic Q ok. Detects it as such when choosing to boot a backup disc. Fails on both the one backup I have right now, which is a generic dvd brand, as well as on a Memorex DVD+RW disc. Not sure if this is due to the Q just not being able to read these discs or a bug with GCOS. However I did notice when it fails and gets to the "Media not recognized" error, if I choose to retry it will go back to the setting up Q drive screen, but neither boots anything, nor ever returns again to the "media not rec'd" error anymore...just sits there.

I hear a few ticks the first read attempt. However when I hit retry, I do not hear it again, I suspect it fails to reset and redo the process.

Also, I dunno if this means anything, but I tried choosing the boot backup option, but left my original PSO disc in the drive and tried the process on it. I still get the media error msg. If it should read both originals and backups using this option, then certainly there is a bug somewhere. Just an idea, hope it helps. :)

Maximilianop
08-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Dreams can come true !!!

Congrats, and thanks emu_kidid (and buddys :p )!

Captain N
08-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Nice work! I'm going to try it out right now (with Pal Cube, Ritek G05 mini's and Max Drive Pro).

edit: Unfortunately my old problem is still there: I always have to try a few times before the game boots on my Cube. I have a Drive 06. Apart from that: it looks nice, although the screen flickers. As like it moves a few millimeters up and down all the time. Is that my telly, or GCOS? I don't have it in games. Oh, and a little bug: in the docs sections one word is out of the box. ;)

Paterchon
08-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Nice Work and very thx for the teaser.
But not so much News in this teaser.
Drive code ist from Qoob Bios 1.3c , right?

Where is Multiple Disk support
DVD Browser Support(Multiple Games on DVD)
Dre Workaround(open close the lid by Dre)
Soundfix

Is this possible?

Bye

free
08-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Good work and thankyou.
Will the real build have browse sdcard support?

knyz
08-20-2005, 12:31 PM
cool!!!!! big thx....
i'am french , sorry for my english...

gingi
08-20-2005, 12:45 PM
edit: Unfortunately my old problem is still there: I always have to try a few times before the game boots on my Cube. I have a Drive 06.

This is definitely a problem in gcos. I had it with gcos on both of my cubes (drives 06 & 08), but not on the ninjamod dol or now with my new qoob chip.

Paterchon
08-20-2005, 01:05 PM
Try Efal07-Bios,Dol i have nothing Problems with Booting.

Use GCOS with Action replay or stream with PSO?

Network cable put Out from BBA by Gaming.

Bye

westies
08-20-2005, 01:10 PM
I booted it up on my DOL-001 cube, drive 06, using AR 1.11 and an MC251. I tried putting in Disc 1 of Killer 7 burned on a Memorex DVD+R disc which worked fine with GCoS 1.4. The first 2 attempts failed so I rebooted my cube and tried again. This time it went to "Checking Country Code" and the disc wouldn't stop spinning. Afterwards I tried one of my Ritek G04 minis - Prince of Persia: WW. Game booted quickly with no problems.

Maximilianop
08-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Nice Work and very thx for the teaser.
But not so much News in this teaser.
Drive code ist from Qoob Bios 1.3c , right?

Where is Multiple Disk support
DVD Browser Support(Multiple Games on DVD)
Dre Workaround(open close the lid by Dre)
Soundfix

Is this possible?

Bye

This is just a teaser man !
Wait till the final one!

Maximilianop
08-20-2005, 01:31 PM
I have a question about the boot backup process:

It Spins UP, Spins Down, Spins UP Again.
IS this normal ?

Well to report about how it works:
Sometimes it keeps spinning in the "Checking Country Code" message, somthimes it says it wasn't recognized.
When not recognized, I press B to retry, but the drive never spins.

This is all I got to report about this version, since I couldn't load any backup till now.

Captain N
08-20-2005, 01:44 PM
I've tried playing Mario Stadium, but I takes ages to boot, and when it does I get many DRE's. One in the intro movie, and one on my first game. :(

jockojohnson
08-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Not sure if this the right place to start posting bugs/observations, but here goes:

--I noticed that games with the streaming audio issue now crash to an error screen when the audio is played rather than playing the screeching sound you hear in 1.4. I tested this with a ton of games that work fine with 1.4 (other than the sound issue), but crash with 1.5.

--Sonic Gems Collection (US, Starcube release) boots up fine, but crashes when you select and start a game (like Sonice CD, etc.). It works fine with 1.4.

--Giest (US, Repacked Stinkycube release) boots up but crashes on streaming audio as described above. Also of note, my fstfix version locks up on the "loading" screen. Both work fine with 1.4, other than the audio issue on the non-fstfix'd one.

--I started playing through Resident Evil 1 to check whether the multi-disc game issue is resolved with this release. I'll post once I get far enough for the game to ask for disc 2, but not sure how long it will take me hehehe. If anyone else has a savegame at a point right before the disc change, please let me know how it goes.

--The new menu is great! Seems to load up faster than the previous one as well. The only thing I would offer is that the settings section to select whether you autodetect, always ask, or force PAL/NTSC section was a little confusing since the setting does not stay (visually) when you back out of the menu. I got it to work after playing with it a bit and it's fine.

I have a Drive 06 Gamecube and am loading the bios with MaxDrive Pro.

Hope this information helps--congrats on the release and great to see the project back on track! :)

NeoNight
08-20-2005, 02:28 PM
well in this sense yeah the teaser is pretty much a beta since its not the final version and probably has its bugs as is expected from unfinished work.

um media doesn't get reconized am on a drive 6 GC using ridata go4 dvd-r

madcow007
08-20-2005, 02:47 PM
i must say very nice job on the teaser and i hope the source for the final version is released cause there have been some pretty cool mods of 1.4 that wouldnt be possible without the project being opensource

anyways great job emu_kidid and everyone else

smudgeone
08-20-2005, 03:38 PM
I dont think the drive 06 code was fixed for full size media as it doesnt give it time to spin up. The whole thing looks great but it flickers on my old tv set, but so did the original. I'm testing the ripper now, getting 480K/s with getright. But now I still have to load the old one back on my memory card to boot games, or use NinjaMod.

Maximilianop
08-20-2005, 04:00 PM
This version is a magician !!
I swear, all the backups I got to work, started only if I wasn't looking at the GC !!
Who cares, right ?? Finally I got to boot a few backups and up till now no DRE !!
When I finish this round of mario party, I will test what happens if you open the lid

:cool: Good thing I replaced the lid switch for an external NC one :D :p

boggen
08-20-2005, 04:13 PM
it's curious,they have not release any version since 5-6months talking about they wouldn't release any beta...and they wouldn't release the new version meanwhile the final version wasn't ready .. and now a "TEASER" version is released :) ... lol .. is the TEASER english word different meaning as BETA ? ;)

Maybe the reason for a "No-beta" was because the code wasn't even in a state were it would be useful for anyone to try it out?

Now when it is atleast somewhere near completion, it would be dumb not to give a lifesign after such a long time without releases?

But, you will have to ask emu_kidid about a definite answer about this....

crayola_dolphin
08-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Im having some problems with booting my backups...with Ninjamod and GCos 1.4 all my games work. But when I try to boot them on the teaser it checks for the country code and nothing happens from there. I've got a drive 04.

One thing that I've noticed is that the discs spin alot faster with 1.4 and ninjamod when booting.

Yeaah Yeaah

The final release will be awsome I know it! Keep up the good work guys

PEACE

Alcatraz
08-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Hello,

Here's my feedback :
- All streamed audio games I tried = DRE (They work well with ninjabios dol with hissing sounds)
- Other games crashed the same way as ninjabios. I think my burner is very bad (rytek G04 in Sony dw-u14a). Do you know somebody with this burner who can play backup without problem ?
- the GUI is very pretty. There is bug with text outside the window.

GCOS TeaserSD.dol doesn't work, but GCOS Teaser.dol work well, it's strange no ??? because I use SD Card. What is the function of this file ?

I have a PAL purple GC with drive 6 and IPL 1.0, and I launch GCOS with AR + SD Adapter.

Mithos
08-20-2005, 06:42 PM
GCOS TeaserSD.dol doesn't work, but GCOS Teaser.dol work well, it's strange no ??? because I use SD Card. What is the function of this file ?

GCOS Teaser.dol worked all day for me from SD-card (program started, no games booted though), and just now I put it on the sd-card once again (since I had removed it from the card) and now all I get is red-screen-of-death. :(

Emu9x
08-20-2005, 08:25 PM
BUGS

Streamfix games don't work.
the option to change region mode, when u apply a setting it reverts back to the always check option, but doe's seem to apply the change when u boot the game, just the menu resets to always check.
no disc swap support, i hope this is in 1.5 final i would love to see this supported.

BTW is the streamfix supported in this bios?, i mean for non stream fixed games?.
ohh and my super mario sunshine is working great now, it always crashed when saving, not sure if it was the idle bug or the real time clock bug, as the ingame vidoe's last awhile, or if the saves use the real time clock, but what i do know is it's working great now.

Many thanks go out to emu_kidid and his support people for this wonderful software, and thanks for keeping the project going when fellow members went on to other things.

Xboxmodder999
08-20-2005, 08:35 PM
Doesn't seem to like Geist on my drive 6. The graphics are all messed up, so it is unplayable. I haven't tried any other games yet, but I will soon.

emu_kidid
08-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Okay, this is good bug reporting guys! I really appreciate this.
Streaming games will be back to playing with hissy sound in no time, and i will add autodetect stuff so the media can spinup/spindown perfectly without it being timed (due to crappy media+fullsize having issues). The timed stuff was only a quick solution and it seems it's problematic.

One thing i need to know is, for it to boot on SD card what does it need to be ? I just compiled it at 81700000 and hoped for the best, since i cannot test SD stuff. Also the GCI i just used dol2gci on it. Hell, the VGC version wasn't even tested :P

Also another known bug is that if you boot on a modchip.. qoob/ninjamod the videosystem will not be correct as the ipl readback is false. But then again, the thing won't even boot on ninjamod as a bios, only streamed.

free
08-20-2005, 09:11 PM
gcos teaser.dol boots just fine for me via sdload.
gcos teaserSD.dol will not boot via sdload or any other streaming methods i've tried.

I have a viper with sdcard.

emu_kidid
08-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Ok,

First post will be updated shortly.

The Disc spinup-spindown is resolved. It now relies on a dvd bit value so it'll never fail.
The streaming games are still crashing, i'll look into that issue in a little while. Also some drive04 users are having trouble it seems with random media not being recognized.

Also - the DVD check (dvd_reset) when gcos starts is there for a reason. if someone boots this from a previous loader the unlocking stuff may fail so it's there just to be sure.

DarkAkuma
08-20-2005, 10:51 PM
Still doesent work for me. Tried 3 different discs that i know work, and tried several retrys with each. Nothing.

I use GOOD full sized dvd+r's, and have a drive 8 cube.

gargiamiglia
08-20-2005, 10:52 PM
sdtest.dol crashes (red screen)
hint (if it can help):

i compile gcos1.4 with this:
make
powerpc-gekko-objcopy -R .comment main.elf GCOS.elf
powerpc-gekko-objcopy -O binary GCOS.elf GCOS_PSO.bin
doltool -c GCOS_PSO.bin
and when asked i type in both the question: 80d00000

had lot of problems adding wrong values

i'm here for testing if you need (scognito@$themailofgoooooogle)

this is what i'm doing in the spare time (SPAM)
my gcos1.4 (http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mygcos29wm.png)

smudgeone
08-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Games are now booting on my drive 06. I will be 100% satisfied with this program if you guys figure out how to do the streaming audio thing. That is my only problem with all softmod solutions, so please find a way and you GCoS guys will have my praise. The Teaser is A LOT more slick than the original and it will be on my memory card for a while.

emu_kidid
08-21-2005, 12:17 AM
GCoS will have the audiofix very soon. Also +r doesn't work as of yet, just like alot of the other noswap solutions had found at first.

TyRaNtM
08-21-2005, 12:39 AM
I tested it (Drive 6), and boot fine, but when loading games.. not load so well as 1.4 or efal. I report a lot of DRE that doesn't appear in 1.4 or efal.
Options are okay, but, if you can put a button that go back to the GCoS main menu when you are booting a dvd will be great.
Good job and keep trying to do your best with GCoS!

NeoNight
08-21-2005, 01:20 AM
um ok looks like If I use the always ask option for Region checking the media gets detectd but then I get a DRE as soon as the game attempts to start. If I use the auto detect or force NTSC option the media doesn't get detected.

emu_kidid
08-21-2005, 01:21 AM
What game? Does it use streaming? are you using +R media, and have you got the revised version from the first post here?

NeoNight
08-21-2005, 03:03 AM
oh no ill try it right now and get back to you btw am using dvd-r mini

oetvarken
08-21-2005, 03:22 AM
Why do people even use +r media? YOU GUYS SHOULD USE -R, also larger discs work better on GCN.
Because that should fix alot of problems. - is a more compatible dvd format, it works better in all/most dvd stuff.

Second I don't know what changed in this build. But when I beta tested this and uploaded the dol by PSO it worked like a charm played Geist for 1,5 hours with no errors.

2 me it seems that people here do not use AAA dvd media and also haven't invested in a good burner NEC/pioneer, and turning off burn proof.
(not meant for all users)
I know everyone wants all stuff cheap, but it's better to get some AAA media, like RITEK brand dvd's

greetzzzz

emu_kidid
08-21-2005, 04:14 AM
Yeah nicely said. I let a few games run on my cubes for a few hours. No problems.

Captain N
08-21-2005, 05:03 AM
I use Ritek G05 mini's, so that's not it. And a NEC 3520, so that's not it either.

fishears
08-21-2005, 05:44 AM
no disrespect intended here, i'm just having trouble spotting the difference between this teaser and ninjamod's 1.4 shell....

apart from ninjamod boots more of my media (plus and minus R)

can someone point out to me where i am wrong in this respect?

also, this teaser seems to think i have an ntsc cube but i have a EUR-PAL cube

Alcatraz
08-21-2005, 05:49 AM
FOR REVISED TEASER VERSION

SDtest.dol = red screen with gamecube DSI exception catch !!!

GCOS Teaser.dol = same thing as old version :
- All streamed audio games I tried (ikaruga & bomberman) = DRE (They work well with ninjadol, efal and gcos14 with hissing sounds)
- Other games crashed the same way as ninjadol. I think my burner is very bad (rytek G04 in Sony dw-u14a). Do you know somebody with this burner who can play backup without problem ? I will try with buffer underrun protection disable, but is it very useful ?
- the GUI is very pretty. There is bug with text outside the window in help menu and there is a lot of flickering.

does memorex pocket (Ritek G04) 1.4GB are AAA ?
Where do you buy Ritek G05 mini ? which corp (Verbatim, memorex, traxdata ???)

I have a PAL purple GC with drive 6 and IPL 1.0 and laser tweaked, and I launch GCOS with AR + SD Adapter.

emu_kidid
08-21-2005, 06:34 AM
no disrespect intended here, i'm just having trouble spotting the difference between this teaser and ninjamod's 1.4 shell....
apart from ninjamod boots more of my media (plus and minus R)
can someone point out to me where i am wrong in this respect?

GCoS Teaser IS using the publicly available drivecode that Ninjashell/mod also uses. However we're using different methods to access the drive which haven't been tested before, therefore audiostreamed games and dvd+r aren't working.. YET. And also, Think of it this way, without GCoS there wouldn't be Ninjashell would there?

also, this teaser seems to think i have an ntsc cube but i have a EUR-PAL cube
The reason you're seeing NTSC cube is because you're loading it from ethernet or from within the qoob modchip and the original ipl data isn't accessed. This will be fixed.

Mithos
08-21-2005, 07:00 AM
Copying some text from Alcatraz answer..(hope you dont mind)

FOR REVISED TEASER VERSION
------------------------------

SDtest.dol = red screen with gamecube DSI exception catch !!!

GCOS Teaser.dol = Starts when sending to PSO over BBA, but stops at Checking Country Code.

- I like the GUI. And as Alcatraz said, there is bug with text outside the window in help menu and there is a lot of flickering.

I use Ridata (Ritek G04) 1.4GB dvd-r mini's (all boots just fine on GCoS 1.4).

Alcatraz
08-21-2005, 07:15 AM
fishears, you forgot one thing, the teaser correct the idle bug, I believe that not the case of ninjadol.

Great job men, and thank you

emu_kidid
08-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Audio Streaming is back to hissing. It will not DRE anymore. Grab the new version from the first post.

I love seeing the bug reports, keep up the good work people!

Captain N
08-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Good work! emu_kidid, do you have any idea why it takes like 5 times or something before a game boots? And more importantly, how to fix it :) I also had the problem with 1.4

macchinmi
08-21-2005, 09:19 AM
no go for me i'm afraid. tried several games on several different types of media, datasafe minis which have been working (with dre) before i tweaked the laser and working perfectly since, sony fullsize dvds which never read until the laser tweak and again worked perfectly since. nothing loads at all using this new gcos. i got a pal cube bios rev 1, drive model 4, gets as far as region check and tells me media not recognised on everything.

apart from that the new menu is nice, although it flickers on my tv also, and its great to see some progress with gcos, it was the first and for a long time the only program i could get to boot anything at all, and if this new version can have the kinks ironed out it is def on course to be the best solution for us oldschool streaming kids. keep up the good work.

emu_kidid
08-21-2005, 09:27 AM
Yeah, seems there's issues with drive 04, it's being real picky on media or something else that i haven't figured out yet. It's the only drive i can't test for myself so i can't really bugfix that one yet.

The flickering will also be gone later with some double/triple buffering added in the final 1.5.

Captain N
08-21-2005, 09:28 AM
I have a Drive 06 Pal Cube, not a 04 one. I also use good media and a good burner.

emu_kidid
08-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Try taking out the media that's in the drive when you start GCoS. Go to tools and do a dvd reset (with lid closed). Then place the dvd-r media in after the reset, and go to boot backup.

Someone else had the same problem, they just had to wait a bit on the "press A screen".

Paterchon
08-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Ok i try much DVD-R Mini

Traxdata mini,Memorex mini pocket and Noname

But i can not play over 10 Minuten allways dre's after Start the game or in Intro etc.

The self was by GCOS 1.4.
I streamed GCOS 1.4 and i have Problems.
I boot GCOS 1.4 witrh memcard.It is better then stream.
my Brother has no problems with GCOS 1.4 on memcard and he has the self gamecube Model Drive 06

I streamed GCOS teaser over PSO method,Much Dre's
I boot over memory card ,self problems with Dre's

Only the Original Anaconda04,Snake04 and Efal07 load backups without any problems.
Not so much Dre's with this Loaders.

What is the problem?

i burned my disc with a NEC 1300a Burnproof off,Session Closed.
Load Procedur(load Bios in Ram) from GCOS teaser is longer
Sorry for my English.

Bye

Alcatraz
08-21-2005, 10:15 AM
FOR REVISED TEASER VERSION 2

Third try, same result, except for audio streamed games, which run correctly now with hissing sounds. I'm sad, because it was a very good idea to mute music, waiting for an audio fix.

The GUI is very pretty and without graphical bugs now. The more important for the flickering is that you know where is the problem.

I never heard about MINI G05 dvdr, G05 is only for full size dvdr !!!

Paterchon, maybe a laser tweak could help you. what is Snake04 ???

I have a PAL purple GC with drive 6 and IPL 1.0 and laser tweaked, and I launch GCOS with AR + SD Adapter.

NeoNight
08-21-2005, 10:23 AM
I have a Drive 06 Pal Cube, not a 04 one. I also use good media and a good burner.

um try going into the boot backup menu and swap disc but wait about ~30sec or 2 mins before you press A. I think for some more troublesome disc you have to give gcos time before you boot the game or something.

eigo_otaku
08-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Works great! Much faster than 1.4!
Thanks guys :)

XviD
08-21-2005, 10:34 AM
What's GCoS?
this is really childish for someone with a moderator status..

I played smash bros melee for a few hours and no problems whatsoever.
Eternal Darkness worked too, back to the audio hiss (hey, it's better than nothing ;))
Keep up the good work and looking forward to the next release :)

Greetz

Paterchon
08-21-2005, 11:06 AM
My Cube is tweaked.From 510 to 240-260Ohm.
And my PI/PO Error test is very good.

With Efal or Anaconda-Snake04 i have this problems not.

By

hagbard
08-21-2005, 11:48 AM
I think I've found a bug in every GCoS:

My backup of Tales of Symphonia PAL Multi5, loads Italian language only, no matter which lang I set on the GC. The game features english, spanish, french, italian & german translations if I'm not mistaken, but it only loads the italian one, and there's no way to change it in game. Perhaps it has something to do with the no loading IPL "bug"

My GC is PAL IPL 1.0 , Drive Model 08 2002/23 (61) , and I use the AR + SDLoad method to boot backups.

Anyway GCoS 1.5 Teaser 2 works great, much faster than the first 1.5 Teaser. Congrats for your great work :cool:

idbirch2
08-21-2005, 01:14 PM
How do I get the "Revised2" version onto a memory card for use with AR? I have the original teaser on there thanks to someone creating a *.raw file to upload but I notice that the Revised2 build doesn't have a *.GCI file in it and all the guides I can find for making my own mem card say I need a GCI file.

djgarf
08-22-2005, 08:20 AM
I think I've found a bug in every GCoS:

My backup of Tales of Symphonia PAL Multi5, loads Italian language only, no matter which lang I set on the GC. The game features english, spanish, french, italian & german translations if I'm not mistaken, but it only loads the italian one, and there's no way to change it in game. Perhaps it has something to do with the no loading IPL "bug"

My GC is PAL IPL 1.0 , Drive Model 08 2002/23 (61) , and I use the AR + SDLoad method to boot backups.

Anyway GCoS 1.5 Teaser 2 works great, much faster than the first 1.5 Teaser. Congrats for your great work :cool:

let me guess you downloaded a scene release that claimed to be multi 5
well it was wrong
tales oh symphonia was released seperatly in each european country so their was no multi release (probably because of the amount of text that needed to be changed)
the group who released it obviously didnt do any checking
afaik their is no pal english rip released by the scene

jockojohnson
08-22-2005, 08:34 AM
I just took the revised teaser for a spin and it works great for me. The issues I reported earlier seem to have all been addressed, making me a happy camper hehe :)

I'm using Ritek 4x-r mini dvd media, a Pioneer DVR-106D burner, and have a Drive 06, NTSC (US) Gamecube, loading GCoSTeaserRevised2.dol with a MaxDrive Pro.

Quick question for future releases: I have patched most of my streaming audio games, and they work great with GCoS. When the final build is released, presumedly with streaming audio fixed, will my patched games no longer work correctly? I have originals (unpatched) for most of my games, but was curious whether I'd need to switch back when the final build is released.

Thanks again!

Roman
08-22-2005, 08:36 AM
Tried it with F-Zero GX (US) and Rebel Strike (PAL) on a PAL cube (dol001, drive 4) with PSOload, both games booted instantly and didn't seem to have any problems (ritekg04 minis/pioneer burner).

The GUI is extremely stylish, but it really needs some doublebuffering.

Great release, I almost feared we won't see a free .dol with a no-swap drivecode anymore.

Nekojin
08-22-2005, 09:19 AM
I still don't know how to boot this with my Max Drive, but anyway, a few posts ago someone asked for a *.raw this would be very great when someone can make something like that.

How do you use the Max Drive for booting this?

I copied the 2 Files on the Max Drive, but don't know how to boot it.

If someone could help me, this would be very great. Thanks

emu_kidid
08-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Yeah, triple buffering isn't going to happen on the non-libogc build. Something we just added straight into the libogc one only. The non libogc build will go up to the point of audiofix + full drive support. Then the libogc one will take over. Hope this clears things up.

EDIT: Oh and audiostream patched games will still play ok when the fix is in.

jockojohnson
08-22-2005, 09:27 AM
How do you use the Max Drive for booting this?

Just start your Max Drive Pro bootdisk and it will give you a menu of all your savegames as well as the .dol files you have on your MaxDrive Pro. Scroll down to the GCOS .dol file and press start and it will load the bios.

Also, it only works with the Pro version of MaxDrive, since you need the Pro bootdisk to select the .dol. Once you load the .dol on you MaxDrive you can also transfer it to a regular memory card to reduce wear and tear on your MaxDrive.

Hope this helps.

jockojohnson
08-22-2005, 09:41 AM

Thanks EK!

mstrchf
08-22-2005, 10:05 AM
What's GCoS?

this is really childish for someone with a moderator status..

It's called a joke!

hagbard
08-22-2005, 10:54 AM
let me guess you downloaded a scene release that claimed to be multi 5
well it was wrong
tales oh symphonia was released seperatly in each european country so their was no multi release (probably because of the amount of text that needed to be changed)
the group who released it obviously didnt do any checking
afaik their is no pal english rip released by the scene
Oh well you're right. Thanks for your reply :cool:

burbruee
08-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Any possibility for screenshot(s) of the new gui? :)
I currently do not have any possibility to try this one out, and I'm very curious about it. :D

Nekojin
08-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Just start your Max Drive Pro bootdisk and it will give you a menu of all your savegames as well as the .dol files you have on your MaxDrive Pro. Scroll down to the GCOS .dol file and press start and it will load the bios.

Also, it only works with the Pro version of MaxDrive, since you need the Pro bootdisk to select the .dol. Once you load the .dol on you MaxDrive you can also transfer it to a regular memory card to reduce wear and tear on your MaxDrive.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your Reply:

I think I have the PRO version, or at least I should have it, since I ordered this one.

My PC Application Says, Max Drive Pro.

My Card is just a Max Drive
and the case where everything was in, had a little sticker on it, Max Drive Pro v1.0

I Loaded every dol in this Thread on it, the PC Application always ask me to convert it into GC Format. If I click NO, nothing will be copied. If I press YES, I see the Dols in the list.

On my TV there is just Max Drive Displayed, the Teaser Revision 2.dol with a logo of some numbers 101...

Should there be a PRO Logo?

Maximilianop
08-22-2005, 11:49 AM

Must say, most relieved to see this :D
I though I would have to download them all again :p

By the way:
Paper Mario 2, still hangs when I try to enter the fortress of the dragon. Tried quite a few images, medias( + and - ) and fixes (with and without ). This happens with all the loaders so I tought it was some idle bug issue, seems not as Teaser 0, rev 1, rev 2, didn´t help.

Know anything about this ?

Dionysos
08-22-2005, 12:23 PM
First of all, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
I KNEW that GCoS was merely dormant, only to rise to new glory.
With Revised 2 I didn't have a single idle DRE.

I usually use Ritek G04 Minis (Toshiba R5372 crap burner), had to tweak my pot from around 500 to 220 or so (Drive 06) for GCoS 1.4 to even recognize them.

BUT the kicker is, I had Ikaruga on a super-crappy Princo 1x Mini (my burner would even only burn them at 2x). Used to DRE SECONDS after booting; without exception! (Other games crapped out as well, but I only tested Ikaruga with the Teaser so far)

With the rev.2 teaser I played for a straight HOUR. No DRE. Barely noticeable audio-hissing. The drivecode must be so much better now.

I don't have a modchip but I use SDLOAD with a self-made SD-adapter, so without the nice people involved with GCoS I'd be.... Kudos! You rock!!!

I'm currently playing Geist and am totally looking forward to the audiofix.
(The audio's only messed up at the title screen, though)

If games requiring to swap discs are gonna be supported in the final (like MGS Twin Snakes) or in the near future I'd absolutely run out of wishes.

The new interface looks great, it flickers a little but I don't care. Not gonna stare at the menu for hours lol!

Long live GCoS!!!

jockojohnson
08-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Thank you for your Reply:

I think I have the PRO version, or at least I should have it, since I ordered this one.

My PC Application Says, Max Drive Pro.

My Card is just a Max Drive
and the case where everything was in, had a little sticker on it, Max Drive Pro v1.0

I Loaded every dol in this Thread on it, the PC Application always ask me to convert it into GC Format. If I click NO, nothing will be copied. If I press YES, I see the Dols in the list.

On my TV there is just Max Drive Displayed, the Teaser Revision 2.dol with a logo of some numbers 101...

Should there be a PRO Logo?

When you load the Max Drive disc (the one that loads in your Gamecube) it should say MaxDrive Pro on your TV screen. Does anything happen when you press start on the the .dol? I have a feeling you have a non-Pro version, if this is the case you won't be able to load a .dol without the boot disc that the Pro version comes with.

botte
08-22-2005, 12:36 PM
That new versions is nice, teaser 2 is launching games on my drive04. With the MultiDisc support gcos will be perfect :)
I still have DRE, but I think that's because of my drive :(

Just some suggestions, these are not really important, but could be nice if added in the final version :
-the drivecheck at the starting is a bit long, you said that was usefull in some case, but could you do 2 dol's : one with the check and one without ?
-when you click "launch backup" or "launch game", there is a confirmation that need to press A button again, I think it would be better without it, as it's not really usefull ;)

Thanks for the great work ;)

knyz
08-22-2005, 03:00 PM
me I always have the same problem
Gamcube pal IPL revision 01, drive 6 (61), dol-001
stake dvd-r resident evil 4 turns, then stop with the screen of selection 50/60hz, however I have to modify the potar

sorry for my english , i'm french

Nekojin
08-22-2005, 03:29 PM
OK looks like I have a half Pro^^ Pro installation Disc but Normal Cube Disc. I saw a few Pics on google of the Pro version and I must say, this one is diffrend. I ask Datel for help (this can take a loong time^^)

Anyway, thanks so far for your help

leechrar
08-22-2005, 04:11 PM
NTSC Cube
04 drive
Action Replay+SDLOAD
Office-Depot mini-dvd-r
GCOSTeaser stopped at Checking country code.
Revised2 media not recognized.
GCOS1.4 ocasionally DRE.

Thanks for all your hard work with GCOS! :D

fruitcake
08-22-2005, 09:08 PM
PAL Cube
06 drive
PSO Load
Emtec fullsize dvd-r
GCOSTeaser stopped at Checking country code.
Revised2 media not recognized.
GCOS1.4 ocasionally DRE.
And a kick ass plextor burner.

So almost the same as the previous poster.

Rogero
08-23-2005, 06:07 AM
Hi everybody, First of All Big thanks to Emu_kidid for his efforts and the time he spends to bring us his great releases ( I'm a programmer myself and I know the long programming and debugging hours ;) ).
I was using GCOS1.4 and the Ninjamod (for the NoSwap feature) and now GCOS1.5 V2, I tried it for hours of playing (Resident Evil 4 & Wind Waker ) without any DRE's using FullSized DVD-r AMTC brand with a Pioneer DVR-109
writer, and I think GCOS1.5 is the greatest of all others ( NoSwap + Save settings works which is not the case of Ninjamod.dol ). I just wanted to ask you Emu_kidid for a .bin format file to be included in the next release because i used to load GCOS1.4 directly from my SDcard without passing by the SDLOADER menu,with all respect to SDLOADER by Costis but it's just for saving time,I usually convert GCOS.dol to GCOS.bin using DolTool v0.3 then I rename it to SDLOAD.BIN and put it on root of my SD CARD,but it rarely works this way due to an entry point issue, the .bin file must be compiled
with a certain entry point ( 80d00000 , 81300000 or 81700000 ) I dont know which one make it loads fine from SD CARD, it should be the same one used while compiling SDLOAD.BIN.
So Please Emu_kidid it will be so usefull for all SD CARD users to boot GCOS.bin directly from Action Replay screen this way (Renaming GCOS.bin to SDLOAD.bin and paste it on root of SD CARD )
A GCOS15v2.bin file with the right Entry point will be so great.. :)
Thanks again for all your efforts and keep up the good work.

emu_kidid
08-24-2005, 01:29 AM
What entrypoint does it require?

Rogero
08-24-2005, 03:17 AM
Thanks so much for your reply, I will paste here an example of the anaconda04.dol being converted to .bin format and used to be loaded instead of SDLOAD.BIN, this was taken from DEXTROSE.COM :
|-----------------------------------------------------------------
|C:\tempr\newgc\DolTool3>doltool -b ana04.dol
|DolTool v0.3 - loser 2003
|
|Dumped ana04.dol to ana04.bin
|Load Address: 0x81700000
|Entry point: 0x81700000
|
|C:\tempr\newgc\DolTool3>copy ana04.bin e:\SDLOADER.BIN
|
|this results in anaconda being loaded instead of sdloader.
|-----------------------------------------------------------------

so I think the Entry point that should work is 0x81700000

If you can post a .BIN file compiled with this Entry point, I can test it and
reply right away, and by the way the only .BIN version of GCOS1.4 that i have
working using this way is Called something like GCOS1.4Mcbuild_M9 which it had a .BIN file already in the package.

I'll be researching more on this issue and Thanks again. :)

emu_kidid
08-24-2005, 03:23 AM
ok i will post one when i post a new teaser after i fix a few more things.

Dionysos
08-24-2005, 04:02 AM
:) :) :)
Go, emu_kidid! I'd like to bypass sdloader as well.
Btw, I've almost completed GEIST using the teaser rev.2, NO DRE so far; it only once got stuck on a loading screen, but I'm sure this was my laser or something as it occured only once.

GCoS rocks!

Nekojin
08-24-2005, 05:09 AM
Great Codejunkies will send me a free PRO Disc^^

This is great, so I don't have to resend my old one ^^

niss
08-24-2005, 09:24 AM
By the way:
Paper Mario 2, still hangs when I try to enter the fortress of the dragon. Tried quite a few images, medias( + and - ) and fixes (with and without ). This happens with all the loaders so I tought it was some idle bug issue, seems not as Teaser 0, rev 1, rev 2, didn´t help.

Know anything about this ?

Paper Mario is so far the only game that hasn't dre'd on me.

The teaser works great on my pal 04. Only a couple of dre's so far.Thanks!

digicharatfan
08-24-2005, 10:03 AM
PAL Gamecube
dol-001
Drive Model 6 2001/08 (61)
Memorex/Traxdata Ritek G04 minidvd-r media
GCOS 1.4: 0 DRE's
GCOS 1.5Tv2: 0 DRE's
Memorex CMC Magnetics Corp. minidvd-r media
GCOS 1.4: DRE after intro/logos
GCOS 1.5Tv2: DRE after intro/logos
burned with Pioneer 105 at 4x

toad86
08-24-2005, 01:36 PM
Hmm... is it even possible to have disc swapping(disc1 to disc2) in softmod?
Can things can remain in memory after game has booted? or does memory reset?
Just to make sure that i dont wait it for nothing :D

And about this release, i test it when next time i turn on my cube :)

emu_kidid
08-24-2005, 05:51 PM
It's possible toad86

nukleuzdj
08-24-2005, 11:32 PM
Seems to be working fine for me, have only tried sonic mega collection which used to DRE in games and movies, but not any more
Drive 06, using Pioneer 107 (v1.21) traxdata G04 minis burned @ 2x
Top Stuff

idbirch2
08-25-2005, 04:48 AM
The teaser2 release is working great for me, thanks emu_kidid! It even reads my Verbatim mini DVD-RW discs - yes RW!!

NeoNight
08-25-2005, 08:49 AM
after a laser tweak right? also has anyone had any problems booting jap games? I tried booting naruto 3 and its like the only disc that won't boot. (then again I had accidently used fstfix 1.3 on it so it should be a messed up disc. Which is why it crashes now and then though its still playable on 1.4)

Gcentrex
08-25-2005, 10:58 AM
This is realy greatet exsept for one thing GC0s Teasor use to let me upload a modded AR1.06 so I could use codes on the backups (sent when it askes what regin to load as) but on the new version I upload the AR1.06.dol file select the codes to load with but it just stays at the insurt Disk text but on the preveus version it worked correctly. Do you think you could change it to work again ?

QuimbyDogg
08-25-2005, 02:46 PM
I've been messing around with the teaser and I love it. Question I have is does the force NTSC mode work on all or most PAL games?

I tried force NTSC on my pal copy of Res Evil 4 without holding the B button and it seemed to work fine on my NTSC TV. Now I am wondering if that was just b/c the game has 60hz built in or if the bios has force mode that actually works for most all pal games now?

sonic-nkt
08-25-2005, 05:43 PM
perhaps i did something wrong... but new gcos doesnt work for me at all.
i use SDload to start the dol, it starts up and everything looks normal. but when i try to start a backup, the dvd drive does something but ends with the message that it could find a valid dvd. the strange thing is Gcos 1.4 worked perfect.
any ideas

edit: just for the info, i use ritekg04 minis -
so it should be the DVD which makes the problems

Maximilianop
08-25-2005, 06:08 PM
I've been messing around with the teaser and I love it. Question I have is does the force NTSC mode work on all or most PAL games?

I tried force NTSC on my pal copy of Res Evil 4 without holding the B button and it seemed to work fine on my NTSC TV. Now I am wondering if that was just b/c the game has 60hz built in or if the bios has force mode that actually works for most all pal games now?

I had a similiar case, but i'm sure of what it is: GCOS Teaser is awesome !

My case:
Mario Kart Multi 5 PAL.
I has built in support for 60hz, but it loads at 50 hz at first.
Than, you can force it to work with 50 hz.
With EFAL, old GCOS and Ninjamod, it stays looking crappy
But with GCOS Teaser, even at 50 Hz it looks great !

sonic-nkt
08-25-2005, 06:23 PM
update on my problem...
got one game to be recognized.
but i really had to do strange things, like open the lid while gcos is trying to load the disc. (if i do this, the driver makes other noises, sometimes those of the old gcos and after several times i got it working, but the DVD got a dre just after seconds)
this isnt normal right, why does the old versions run that great and the new ones not at all.

i have a 06 drive 2001/8 (61)

please help me

madmab
08-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Hmm I was kinda hoping for audio fix support because I never had much luck with manually fixing iso files and didn't feel like wasting a bunch of discs trying to figure it out. My experiments at the time were with pac-man fever.

Any good threads anywhere on fixing audio?

Anyways good to see you all back and looking forward to future releases. :D

sonic-nkt
08-26-2005, 07:42 AM
update on my problem... it was the media.
tried some old backups with memorex pocket and those worked without problems.
but this whole thing is kind of strange, the traxtdata dvd-r are also RitekG04 like the Memorex. Hope i can use this media in the final version.
anyway, thanks gcos team, this release is great, i really like the gui, but besides that not that usefull for me yet ;)
will have to wait for the final, hope you get a sdloader in that release and other fixes.
bye

emu_kidid
08-26-2005, 08:08 AM
I'm just going to make a little post here with the vipergc version. it's not been tested. Please, someone try it, but remember... if you flash from cobra using DVD you will require the programmer to get it back to a cobra bios.

Xboxmodder999
08-26-2005, 11:28 AM
Is the Viper GC version any different?

rpg
08-26-2005, 03:05 PM
(In response to a previous inquiry in this thread.)

I have a couple max drive pro's laying around that I wanted to get rid of. I can preload these with gcos 1.5 if anyone wants one.

These are real cheap. i want to just get rid of them.

email sh200x (at) gmail [dot] com

toad86
08-26-2005, 04:56 PM
I tested this(PSO version), and it works great, except refresh rate is very low on PAL GC... not even 50Hz :rolleyes:

I tested only Zelda Collector's edition with auto settings :)

Hobbes
08-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Looks great man, love the gui, it works great.

don't want to dump on it. but it doesn't like about 95% of my burns which work with other versions. but thats ok, keep up the good work.

drive model 04, ntsc version 1.1

jockojohnson
08-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Was anyone able to confirm whether or not multi-disc games (metal gear twin snakes, splinter cell chaos theory, etc.) work with the 1.5 teaser rev 2?

I don't have a savegame close to where the 2nd disc is needed on any of my games so I haven't been able to test. If anyone knows, please let me know.

Thanks!

Lukeage
08-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Multidisc doesn't work. If you want to test for yourself, drop in the 2nd disc of sc:ct (or perhaps another game) and start a new game. It should ask you for disc one. No need for a saved game near the disc swap.

Gcentrex
08-28-2005, 03:42 AM
Multidisc doesn't work. If you want to test for yourself, drop in the 2nd disc of sc:ct (or perhaps another game) and start a new game. It should ask you for disc one. No need for a saved game near the disc swap.

Um it does not work because their is not currently support for Multidisk games, I hope it does get added as soon as thats up for testing im testing it :D.

I still think GCoS Teasor is better than GCoS Teasor 2, as version 2 has problems ripping games and does not let me upload and run a patched AR.dol correctly :( it says close lid still but GCoS Teasor just loads the game :S im sure it will be fixed :D

kgonepostl
08-31-2005, 04:27 AM
First of emu kidd you rock, I just got some extra cash I'm gonna donate 10-20 bucks in a week or so when i get the chance (my paypal was shut down) anyway I remember him saying that there was going to be multi disc support, I understand that this is an early version and not even my issue at hand. I'm just confused at why he feels it's even remotely possible.

From what I can comprehend with all my brain power is that the connection to the computer is gone once you boot the game and the dol file is left behind in the dust, if you can accomplish this then you obviousely deserve more then I can donate.

God speed emu_kidd. If there's any theory's on how to get it to work I think we should discuss it as it's the biggest difference between a hard/softmod. I have a couple that may or may not work.

p.s. If anyone could give me some of their quick theory's or things they've heard please followup

Krille
08-31-2005, 04:49 AM
From what I can comprehend with all my brain power is that the connection to the computer is gone once you boot the game and the dol file is left behind in the dust, if you can accomplish this then you obviousely deserve more then I can donate.
IIRC the Viper works in the same way, as in it loads its code then shuts down so its definately possible.

kgonepostl
08-31-2005, 05:20 AM
k...I guess I'm not understanding if you load your copy from pso though that's a different story because there's nothing to reactivate the code and then shut down with...lines severed phones are out. I don't know if we're on the same page maybe you could go into more detail?

another thing, what's IIRC mean?

Xboxmodder999
08-31-2005, 08:57 AM
The Viper can do multidisc games, because it patches the SRAM(I think), so that even though the Viper is disabled, it still realizes when it needs to swap. Then when it does need to swap, the patch is applied from the SRAM, rather then from the chip itself. That is also how the Viper does the cheat codes.

So, GCOS could do it in the same way, if they know how to.

NeoNight
08-31-2005, 10:14 AM
The Viper can do multidisc games, because it patches the SRAM(I think), so that even though the Viper is disabled, it still realizes when it needs to swap. Then when it does need to swap, the patch is applied from the SRAM, rather then from the chip itself. That is also how the Viper does the cheat codes.

Yeah they should be able too since GCOS already modifies sram to save gcos settings I guess emu-kidd or whomever just needs to know what to do... which I think he/they already know ;) .

kgonepostl
08-31-2005, 01:04 PM
So what your saying that it may be possible to use gcos with the pso+bba method if he can bring the dol file back from a cold state in the sram. That sounds cool. Kinda like a backdoor. Maybe emu_kidd could enlighten us?

Xboxmodder999
08-31-2005, 01:37 PM
You already can use GCOS with the PSO+BBA method....

What we are talking about is being able to swap the disc when you are playing multidisc games.

kgonepostl
08-31-2005, 02:06 PM
that's what I meant being able to swap multidisc games with the bba+pso method. So you are saying it can be possible with this method.

Xboxmodder999
08-31-2005, 04:52 PM
Yes, if they implement it into GCOS 1.5(or one of the teasers) that way would work.

kgonepostl
09-01-2005, 05:07 AM
simply amazing capitan, 20 bucks deposited tonight once I get my visa gift card.

emu_kidid
09-01-2005, 07:41 AM

Yeah it can be done similarly with a bit of research. SRAM has nothing to do with it though ;)

kgonepostl
09-02-2005, 05:51 AM
quick question emu_kidd, do you plan on after revision 2 making it so it can boot dvd+r? Some of us can't burn -r or prefer the compatibility with large +r discs.

emu_kidid
09-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Yes, surely we are working on this. We plan for it to be completed by Revision3.

NeoNight
09-02-2005, 09:09 PM
what about the streaming audio fix? huh huh what about that? :D

kgonepostl
09-03-2005, 05:31 AM
what about the streaming method? You don't use dvd's with them....

djgarf
09-04-2005, 03:54 AM
what about the streaming method? You don't use dvd's with them....

he meant streaming audio from disks which is buggy in gcos (most games with streaming audio need patching atm or you get a nasty squeal from your speakers)

kgonepostl
09-04-2005, 11:13 AM
drrr. Sorry for the stupid reply I should have read more clearly my appologies.

DaiG[O]
09-06-2005, 08:39 AM
I'm just going to make a little post here with the vipergc version. it's not been tested. Please, someone try it, but remember... if you flash from cobra using DVD you will require the programmer to get it back to a cobra bios.

I've tried.
Impressive... works great and i've got less DRE in Mario Superstar Baseball.
Is the first time that i keep another bios since Cobra 1.0...
Oh well... i'll wait for the final release with a direct boot option without menu (like the cobra one) and... yes, why not.... a better GUI without flashing menu :D

Oh, emu_kidid... there's a date for a final release?

vidgpirate
09-09-2005, 04:58 PM
1st thanx for posting an extra version 2 revision just for the viper.

i´m using a version 8 with mini discs. this version of gcos has loaded,
(which the first teaser didn´t. only briefly a green screen.) and works
like a charm. glad to see that gcos is no longer a disc swap system.
the video force mode is still my favorite part of gcos, and if the
audio streaming problem can be cured, then this is obviously the
system of choice. keep up the good work. can´t wait for the final.

emu_kidid
09-15-2005, 05:03 AM
cool, great to hear it works for viper GC users ;)

shark2003
09-15-2005, 11:09 AM
I have finally been able to somewhat get the Teaser to read my DVD-R. I bought an NEC 3540-A burner and burned onto full size 8x Memorex (G05) DVD-R and full size Imation 8x DVD-R because these are the only DVD-R I have around right now. Seems like right after I burn one and put it in,it will read the disc and then load and it may or may not run and thereafter its intermittent if it reads them or not,but still never become playable because of
a DRE.... I havent got around to buying any DVD-R (G04) minis bacuase I have blown so much money on local store bought crap. Any brands out there besides the Ritek that are G04? Memorex full are G05 but I guess thats not good enough. I have full size Ridata 8X that I started testing last night,and it was read right off the bat,but I think I had problems with that also :mad:

Xboxmodder999
09-15-2005, 12:47 PM
I have finally been able to somewhat get the Teaser to read my DVD-R. I bought an NEC 3540-A burner and burned onto full size 8x Memorex (G05) DVD-R and full size Imation 8x DVD-R because these are the only DVD-R I have around right now. Seems like right after I burn one and put it in,it will read the disc and then load and it may or may not run and thereafter its intermittent if it reads them or not,but still never become playable because of
a DRE.... I havent got around to buying any DVD-R (G04) minis bacuase I have blown so much money on local store bought crap. Any brands out there besides the Ritek that are G04? Memorex full are G05 but I guess thats not good enough. I have full size Ridata 8X that I started testing last night,and it was read right off the bat,but I think I had problems with that also :mad:

Have you tried doing a laser tweak? Some gamecubes just need a laser tweak, no matter what media and burner you use.

Your burns are problebly excellent with that burner, and Ritek G05's. Did you upgrade the firmware to the newest liggy and dee firmware?

shark2003
09-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Have you tried doing a laser tweak? Some gamecubes just need a laser tweak, no matter what media and burner you use.

Your burns are problebly excellent with that burner, and Ritek G05's. Did you upgrade the firmware to the newest liggy and dee firmware?

As for the laser tweak,I did that for a second time back in July,but I forget what the ohms were now...but I think that may be part of the problem though. The laser probably needs to be a little stronger..because it acts like its reading and the drive will start clicking around like its going to fire off,and I watched the laser and its like it loses sight on the data or something. As for firmware update,I checked NEC and they didnt have one for this model...and I dont know what liggy and dee is :confused: What is the correct ohms for my laser,I can set that tonight and see if that cures anything.

Xboxmodder999
09-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Liggy and Dee firmware is a hacked firmware, based off of the official firmware. It adds new features, and improves burns.

To find it, do a search on google for liggy and dee 3540 firmware.

As for a "correct" ohms setting for your laser, there isn't really one. It's different for each individual laser. If it is currently above 350 or so, then go to around 200 and see if it works.

Shadowsan
09-16-2005, 04:14 AM
As for Ritek G05's, i've never had a bad burn with one... ;) and especially since I upgraded my LG burners firmware to recognise that they're actually 8x media (bloody ritek putting a 4x descriptor on 8x media...)

Shadowsan

thoth888
09-16-2005, 01:01 PM
As for Ritek G05's, i've never had a bad burn with one... ;) and especially since I upgraded my LG burners firmware to recognise that they're actually 8x media (bloody ritek putting a 4x descriptor on 8x media...)

Shadowsan

They work best in my cube too. :D

shark2003
09-17-2005, 09:37 AM
That Liggy and Dee doesnt work...it wont flash my rom for some reason.. :mad:

kgonepostl
09-17-2005, 08:21 PM

Ya. Try buying +r media for your gc, they roxor. just a suggestion for your next buy. Seems Like your using large media. I used really junky dvd+r's and they all work.

kgonepostl
09-17-2005, 08:22 PM
everything goin smooth enough with the project? hows life treatin ya.

emu_kidid
09-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Things are coming along well. Shadowsan is back with us and he's going to be making some great additions to the code. Also we are moving to the LIBOGC libraries finally as we've made a rather small breakthrough! ;)

kgonepostl
09-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Things are coming along well. Shadowsan is back with us and he's going to be making some great additions to the code. Also we are moving to the LIBOGC libraries finally as we've made a rather small breakthrough! ;)

I quote the great Eric Cartman.

"Kick A$$!"

oblibion
09-21-2005, 04:36 PM
hi guys! i'm new here and i just want you to help me with this questions:

*I've read that you can load GCoS with a Max drive pro, the question is: can i burn de GCoS.dol file into a mini-DVD and put it to the GC to load it??

*once "instaled" can you remove/upgrade it?

thanks for your help, keep the good work.

kgonepostl
10-03-2005, 12:37 AM
emu_kidded

what's up man you guys been taking a break or something? I don't mean that too harshly but it's been like 2 months (or seems) like since revision 2's been out. GIVE US AN UPDATE MAN!! Thx you rock emu.

emu_kidid
10-03-2005, 03:17 AM
UPDATE:

Shadowsan is still working on his new code that he's going merge into our sources. Few more heavy bugs seem to have found their way to the surface so we're trying to iron them out. I've got exams coming up during October and November. However, other people are still working hard on the src. Apart from that, progress is still going on behind the scenes. Patience ;)

NeoNight
10-03-2005, 01:27 PM
hey has anyone been getting error messages during play. Like something saying an error has occured. If so are they the same as getting DRE's? I have only seen the DRE message maybe once or twice while using rev 2. Though i've been getting the error has occured messages like crazy am starting to think my GC is dying out. I wonder if I can send it in to get repaired.

CyberAxe
10-07-2005, 07:45 AM
everything running more smoothly and easyer than the previous version

just one note on the new interface (which rocks) creates screen flicker because of the height of pixels on the border are 1 they need to be 2 to not cause screen flicker (though you probably already know this)

keep up the good work

emu_kidid
10-14-2005, 11:09 PM
GCOS Teaser Revised 3

File Name .....: GCoST3.zip

Released ......: 15/10/2005

Whatsnew in the Teaser Version :

DVD+R reading
Reading sectors in 2048 byte intervals (possibly 5mins faster ripping time)
MP3 Player
IPL Fonts
Zlib is in there, but doing nothing
Dol Loading from DVD
Full No swap drive 04,06,08,Q support
Saving of region preferences
Network Settings applied on the fly
Dol uploading fixed yet again!
DVD Reset from tools menu

Info:
-----
Yes, it's Teaser 3, half assed I might add as time has run out, and I've got to leave GCoS on the back burner for a while as exams have hit hard. Hope someone can continue it in the near future, I'm pretty much done with it for a while. (hehe, i was never the drivecode person, so there's the reason why there's no multigame and audiofix yet - the code is in there though, just needs drivecode fixes/updates). As promised, all sources released.

Features:
--------
Plays imports and originals and backups from every region.
Backup Games using your BBA and any Internet Browser.
Upload and execute .dol and .elf using netcat (port 4000)
Listen to MP3's
Run homebrew code from DVD.

Known Bugs:
----------
Video is screwed up for some, quick fix, load it over another GCoS.
Fonts are not located properly, no time lately to bother with the little things.

Future:
-------
Bug identifying and fixing currently. Trying to make it work for
everyone is a pain, but worth it.

Compile Notes:
-------------
(The T3 src is too big to be in one post, it's in the next one).
As promised, all the teaser sources. Including this one.

If you're going to build this src for a IPL, change the CFLAG -DPSO to -DMOD. Also, to boot on a modchip, use "makeipl.bat" after building with the CFLAG set to -DMOD. It will create GCOS.GCB, bootable on qoob and possibly ninjamod. Also, if you build for Qoob, you must set ipl_set_configqoob(6); in main.c and comment out ipl_set_config(6); which is for the older tmbinc/ninjamod/viper/ripper mods.

To build for PSO, Maxdrive and AR, and SDload, run, Build(PSOMAXDRIVEAR).bat after having set the CFLAG to -DPSO. Take GCOS_PSO.dol and that is your file to run.

Currently the source is setup to be built for a no-modchip pso setup.

This hasn't been tested under compression methods so I'm unsure if it will work.

emu_kidid
10-14-2005, 11:18 PM
t3 src attached here, dunno why it wouldn't attach earlier in the top post..

also, my makeipl program, just a modified version of makevgc to support larger files: http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=27ILGKRYEDW6E37Y0HQ2PFGXT5

Someone please put it up somewhere else to host as the link is only temp.

R0B0T0
10-14-2005, 11:32 PM
cool, trying right now :)

Thanks!

pCeSlAyEr
10-14-2005, 11:42 PM
works better then the ninja mod bios thats for sure... more games running...

fonts visible when flashed to bios 2 of ninjamod... but not when .dol is sent..

Xboxmodder999
10-15-2005, 12:22 AM
Hey,

Just wanted to let you know that the GCOSt3(qoob).dol works completely on my qoob, including the IP, subnet, etc. That wasn't working in the Beta's. This is bothe streaming through the network, and from the Qoob pro's flash.

Xboxmodder999

Hobbes
10-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Kick Ass, you rock!

ildocteur
10-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Can the teaser 3 version be flashed on a Qoob SX chip as the main bios ?

ildoc

Xboxmodder999
10-15-2005, 01:33 AM
Can the teaser 3 version be flashed on a Qoob SX chip as the main bios ?

ildoc
NO, it is too large.

Mithos
10-15-2005, 05:19 AM
GCoST3(PSO).dol works just fine after running it through Softdevs d0llZ v2.0 program.

I'm running it from Sdload... and games start fine now.. :)

idbirch2
10-15-2005, 07:04 AM
I can't get T3 working at all. I have used DOL2GCI on the PSO version of the DOL and then uploaded it to my memcard as "level3.dol", replacing the T2 one. After opening and closing the lid in AR, all I get is a black screen.

Do I need a different GCI file to upload? Any chance anybody has it?

Thanks.

maniacoli
10-15-2005, 07:06 AM
Hi Dudes :D just uploaded this Files on my FTP for your pleasure ! The Files will stay there forever for BACKUP, so, here are the Links :

GCoST3 (http://www.unitedmodcrew.com/GCoS_Teaser_3/GCoST3.rar)
makeipl (http://www.unitedmodcrew.com/GCoS_Teaser_3/makeipl.rar)
t1src (http://www.unitedmodcrew.com/GCoS_Teaser_3/t1src.rar)
t2src (http://www.unitedmodcrew.com/GCoS_Teaser_3/t2src.rar)
t3src (http://www.unitedmodcrew.com/GCoS_Teaser_3/t3src.rar)

DRK
10-15-2005, 07:10 AM
I can't get T3 working at all. I have used DOL2GCI on the PSO version of the DOL and then uploaded it to my memcard as "level3.dol", replacing the T2 one. After opening and closing the lid in AR, all I get is a black screen.

Do I need a different GCI file to upload? Any chance anybody has it?

Thanks.

This method did not work for me either ... so anyone?

emu_kidid
10-15-2005, 07:14 AM
try to compress the (pso) one with d0lz 2.0. I don't have any of the MC/AR/SD methods so i cannot test it.

gargiamiglia
10-15-2005, 07:20 AM
Hi Dudes :D just uploaded this Files on my FTP for your pleasure ! The Files will stay there forever for BACKUP, so, here are the Links :

GCoST3 (http://www.unitedmodcrew.com/GCoS_Teaser_3/GCoST3.rar)
makeipl (http://www.unitedmodcrew.com/GCoS_Teaser_3/makeipl.rar)
t1src (http://www.unitedmodcrew.com/GCoS_Teaser_3/t1src.rar)
t2src (http://www.unitedmodcrew.com/GCoS_Teaser_3/t2src.rar)
t3src (http://www.unitedmodcrew.com/GCoS_Teaser_3/t3src.rar)

can you please make a to uncompress t1-2-3src and merge them in a rar so i can just decompress and have all the sources in one dir please?

idbirch2
10-15-2005, 07:22 AM
try to compress the (pso) one with d0lz 2.0. I don't have any of the MC/AR/SD methods so i cannot test it.

Damn, that didn't work. I compressed with DOlLz 2, converted to GCI and upped to the memcard - still just a black screen. :confused:

Edit: I streamed it with PSOLoad and that works fine, it just won't boot from a memory card.

Alcatraz
10-15-2005, 08:04 AM
Thanks man.

I did not see any change between this version and the revised2 for reading backup hability.
But I see a lot of interesting new features.
Just a question, what must I do in the action replay menu ? I have a message and it's blocked. Do I must upload an AR dol (I don't have BBA) to the ngc, or do I must put an AR disc in DVD drive ?

shark2003
10-15-2005, 08:37 AM
I get alot of errors when I run the "Build(PSOMAXDRIVEAR)" batch file..what is missing?? or what am I missing here?? Could someone explain to me what I need to do to be able to make a dol for my MaxDrive pro? :confused:

Xboxmodder999
10-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks man.

I did not see any change between this version and the revised2 for reading backup hability.
But I see a lot of interesting new features.
Just a question, what must I do in the action replay menu ? I have a message and it's blocked. Do I must upload an AR dol (I don't have BBA) to the ngc, or do I must put an AR disc in DVD drive ?

You select it, then upload a AR.dol through your network.

Alcatraz
10-15-2005, 10:39 AM
So, I can't use tis function because I don't have BBA, snif.
Thanks for the info Xboxmodder999

Maximilianop
10-15-2005, 11:13 AM
You select it, then upload a AR.dol through your network.

Only BBA ?
Can't do it with the Original DVD or SD ?

Can you explain the whole process? I mean the WHOLE from load to how to use;)

Thanks.

Xboxmodder999
10-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Only BBA ?
Can't do it with the Original DVD or SD ?

Can you explain the whole process? I mean the WHOLE from load to how to use;)

Thanks.
Yes, only through a BBA.

And I haven't used it myself, since both my Qoob pro, and Viper GC have the AR cheat system integrated into the bios. So I can't give you a guide on how to do it, but I think there is one in the homebrew section.

Maximilianop
10-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks, I'm gonna look for it.

redarko
10-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Does it work with Max Drive Pro? Which dol can I use with?
Thank you

R0B0T0
10-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Does it work with Max Drive Pro? Which dol can I use with?
Thank you
yes, use the PSO version

redarko
10-15-2005, 05:56 PM
yes, use the PSO version

mmm... i've tried teaser 2 and teaser 3 with my max drive pro, with several games that had worked with Gcos 1.4... now i have the following error:

"media wasn't recognized"

I use memorex +R 8X and I've twicked the laser yet

My drive is 06

Anybody knows why it happens?

Maximilianop
10-15-2005, 06:17 PM
mmm... i've tried teaser 2 and teaser 3 with my max drive pro, with several games that had worked with Gcos 1.4... now i have the following error:

"media wasn't recognized"

I use memorex +R 8X and I've twicked the laser yet

My drive is 06

Anybody knows why it happens?

As for Teaser, Teaser rev 1, and Teaser rev 2... Yeah... THEY DIDN'T BOOT +R.

But Teaser rev 3, does boot +R (Playing one right now), so you have another problem.

emu_kidid
10-15-2005, 09:18 PM
some notes:
dol loading from lan seems to only go ok with d0lz, however, if you recompile the source with different a load_dol method (from dol.c) in dolup.c then it may help.

Currently, it's built with load_dol_fn_inmem. I suggest changing it to load_dol, and also adding dvd_die(); just before load_dol. this should fix up some dol files from lan.

Currently, it works fine for AR108.dol from lan. The method to boot ar is this:
put a game in the drive, go to the option in the menu and press A, the disc will spin up etc, then it will say now send over AR. Send over AR108.dol (patched) and you can have AR codes on your backup.

emu_kidid
10-15-2005, 11:53 PM
oh um also.. damn, i forgot the remote loading server for the pc end. I will get Crazyshiza to send me his updated one and i will post it

redarko
10-16-2005, 05:38 AM
I just have inserted my problem in "bugs report" topic. Eventually please answer me there

idbirch2
10-16-2005, 07:34 AM
Has anyone got T3 working from a memcard and AR yet? If so can I have a copy of the DOL/GCI you're using or a *.raw file of the card?

Thanks.

DRK
10-16-2005, 07:42 AM
Has anyone got T3 working from a memcard and AR yet? If so can I have a copy of the DOL/GCI you're using or a *.raw file of the card?

Thanks.

Would make me happy too!

.-Rubedo-.
10-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Multi disc games ( the games with more than 1 disc) are still not working on this version of GCOS right? (SD-LOAD + AR)
Thanks

Xboxmodder999
10-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Multi disc games ( the games with more than 1 disc) are still not working on this version of GCOS right? (SD-LOAD + AR)
Thanks
Multidisc games are are not working with any softmod mthod(well the swap isn't).

Roman
10-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Thanks a lot for the sources, after toying around with them for just one hour I've been able to update efal to the gclinux drivecodes (basically I've just copy/pasted the needed functions out of your gc-dvd.ccp and your drivesetup.c). Finally I can use my own "bios" again... :D

BTW: I've read somewhere, that the drivecode of ninjashell is based on gc-linux, too. Is the DRE recovery system (which is advertised in the ninjashell readme) part of the drivecode or is this feature unique to ninjamod?

emu_kidid
10-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Hey Roman, great to hear someone's atleast looking at the sources ;)

Ninjamod used GC-linux stuff, but afaik they disassembled it, added code in for audiofix and retries then recompiled it.

neonikngc
10-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Can I use the action replay function with an ar.dol in my dvd? if no, how can I use Action Replay without a BBA??

jockojohnson
10-16-2005, 11:41 PM
Just had a chance to play around with the latest release. Here are my comments:

--New font looks great on my TV :)
--DOL loading works well with MaxDrivePro loading from the DVD. This is great news since I was needing to load them on my MaxDrive one at a time previously and now I have a couple of DVDs burned with a ton of SNES, NES, and Genesis roms.
--Regular backups load as well as with the previous version, but then again I wasn't having any problems before so that's good.
--MP3 player works, though I would have liked for the player to just keep playing songs from the disk rather than going back to the disk browser when the song finishes playing. Not a big deal though. :)

I'll post again if anything else comes up. All in all, a good release. Thanks again EK, and good luck with those exams!

emu_kidid
10-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Notice to Memcard booting people:

I attached a new .rar (GCoST3AR.rar) to the first post. Use dol2gci on it and put it to your memcard using the usual method. Hope it works.

D_tRoN
10-17-2005, 02:13 AM
Well i'll try this one in a moment... i have the LinuxMediaPlayer on my memcard now it can be loaded from a dvd so i'll have now space for the patched AR...
That's what i've waited for ;)

DRK
10-17-2005, 02:42 AM

I attached a new .rar (GCoST3AR.rar) to the first post. Use dol2gci on it and put it to your memcard using the usual method. Hope it works.

Hey great stuff. I am at work right now but definitely will give it a try tonight! (what did you change by the way?)

D_tRoN
10-17-2005, 04:00 AM
GCoST3AR works... i used dolzv2.0 to compress it, i use the viper and dolfix option in dolz and then compressed it and converted it to gci and put on my memcard. I will try the new AR option a bit more, because the first tests did not work good... but it booted the AR normaly everytime after sending with dolstream...

idbirch2
10-17-2005, 06:52 AM
Sorry emu_kidid, but I just tried the revised AR version and I still got a blank screen whether I compressed it with DolLz2 or not. I know D_tRoN got it working but it doesn't sound like he is booting from an AR disc on a softmodded GC...

cantankerous
10-17-2005, 09:46 AM
I must be majorly doing something wrong here and I will admit I am not as seasoned as some of you on here. If anyone can help, please do. I flashed GcosT3(qoobpro).GCB to my newly installed qoob pro chip (yesterday) but upon loading the bios all I get is a blach screen with scrolling white bars that never end. The GC locks up and I am hard reset it. Is it ok to flash the file just as is downloaded to the Qoob Pro or something to be done to get this to work. If anyone can help please do as I am lost here and don't fully understand the whole CFLAG and makeipl part of the readme. Sorry and thanks.

EDIT... sorry guys, figured it out. I was flashing with the original 1.0 flasher and it seemed to be corrupting the bios upon flash which is why it wasn't loading properly. Got my hands on 1.3 of the flasher and straight away it flashed as should and loads just fine on my qoob pro. I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this but GCOS is MUCH better than qoob 1.3c. I used to run all my games off GCOS 1.4 from my MDP without a hitch, I noticed when running my games off the qoob bios half of them no longer worked and would freeze at some time during starting the game up, on the menu etc. I thought the qoob bios was suppose to be just fine so was worried something was wrong with my chip install but after flashing and running GCOS 1.5 rev. 3 all my games are once again working just fine. This bios is wicked and will replace qoob bios as of now. One thing I am wondering cause I am new at this. Can GCOS 1.5 rev 3 be my main boot bios for the Qoob Pro or does it always have to be loaded as a secondary bios once the qoob pro bios has loaded. Just want to make sure i don't screw anything up. Thanks.

Xboxmodder999
10-17-2005, 10:41 AM
...when running my games off the qoob bios half of them no longer worked and would freeze at some time during starting the game up, on the menu etc. I thought the qoob bios was suppose to be just fine so was worried something was wrong with my chip install but after flashing and running GCOS 1.5 rev. 3 all my games are once again working just fine. This bios is wicked and will replace qoob bios as of now. One thing I am wondering cause I am new at this. Can GCOS 1.5 rev 3 be my main boot bios for the Qoob Pro or does it always have to be loaded as a secondary bios once the qoob pro bios has loaded. Just want to make sure i don't screw anything up. Thanks.

I had the same problem with the gamecube that I my Qoob pro installed in. It is the specific gamecube that it has problems with, but it is a problem of the Qoob bios, since Qoob bios 1.0RC5 works perfectly, but with all the other bios versions, it freezes in-game randomly.

Anyways, to answer your question. Yes, since he included. the Qoobpro.gcb. it can be flashed as the main bios. Just delete the Qoob bios(first sqaure), and then flash this in the first sqaure(it is somewhat large though, so make sure you have enough squares cleared infront of the first square).

cantankerous
10-17-2005, 11:05 AM
I had the same problem with the gamecube that I my Qoob pro installed in. It is the specific gamecube that it has problems with, but it is a problem of the Qoob bios, since Qoob bios 1.0RC5 works perfectly, but with all the other bios versions, it freezes in-game randomly.

Anyways, to answer your question. Yes, since he included. the Qoobpro.gcb. it can be flashed as the main bios. Just delete the Qoob bios(first sqaure), and then flash this in the first sqaure(it is somewhat large though, so make sure you have enough squares cleared infront of the first square).

Thank you kindly xboxmodder999 for your response. I appreciate it. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who experiences problems with qoob 1.3c freezing half my games that Gcos doesn't. I was worried there but at least there is a workaround. I will flash the GCOS bios as my main bios now so I can just hit a button and play my game without bios flipping back and forth before I can play. A couple things though if you wouldn't mind helping me again:

1.) I thought Teaser 3 played mp3 though I see no option am I missing something?

2.) Perhaps I am misundertanding something but can you actually put the AR disc to a memory bank in the qoob pro or how does that work for cheats? I currently have 1.14B of Action Replay. I selected the cheats menu in the qoob pro bios and put the 1.14B AR disc in. It read something then the menu option became highlighted but that is it. What exactly does this do and how do I get cheats in my games? Sorry for sounding so noobish but I will admit I am. I am getting the hang of things now and after these last couple questions get answered I should be well on my way.

Thanks again.

Xboxmodder999
10-17-2005, 11:56 AM
1) It does, just go to DVD explorer, then select the MP3 you want to play.

2) After you have inserted your AR disc, and it reads it. Connect your Qoob pro to the computer, and flash "mario's cheat compilation" to the chip.

NOTE: MARIO's cheat compilation was included in the Qoob bios 1.3 zip file, so get it from there.

Thank you kindly xboxmodder999 for your response. I appreciate it. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who experiences problems with qoob 1.3c freezing half my games that Gcos doesn't. I was worried there but at least there is a workaround. I will flash the GCOS bios as my main bios now so I can just hit a button and play my game without bios flipping back and forth before I can play. A couple things though if you wouldn't mind helping me again:

1.) I thought Teaser 3 played mp3 though I see no option am I missing something?

2.) Perhaps I am misundertanding something but can you actually put the AR disc to a memory bank in the qoob pro or how does that work for cheats? I currently have 1.14B of Action Replay. I selected the cheats menu in the qoob pro bios and put the 1.14B AR disc in. It read something then the menu option became highlighted but that is it. What exactly does this do and how do I get cheats in my games? Sorry for sounding so noobish but I will admit I am. I am getting the hang of things now and after these last couple questions get answered I should be well on my way.

Thanks again.

DRK
10-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Sorry emu_kidid, but I just tried the revised AR version and I still got a blank screen whether I compressed it with DolLz2 or not. I know D_tRoN got it working but it doesn't sound like he is booting from an AR disc on a softmodded GC...

I just replaced the level3.dol with the GCoST3AR.rar version and it works just fine for me! note: I did not compress the .dol file only did the dol2gci conversion.

I have posted the .raw file in the "can someone post AR/GCoSTeaser Raw image please?" thread. Maybe this one will also work for you guys.

warbirds
10-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Is it possible to load this on a viper chip?

Thanks,
Warbirds

cantankerous
10-17-2005, 02:56 PM
1) It does, just go to DVD explorer, then select the MP3 you want to play.

2) After you have inserted your AR disc, and it reads it. Connect your Qoob pro to the computer, and flash "mario's cheat compilation" to the chip.

NOTE: MARIO's cheat compilation was included in the Qoob bios 1.3 zip file, so get it from there.

Thanks for the response again. I did not check the DVD Explorer menu option and I have no clue why. I guess I was looking for something blatantly labelled as MP3 player which obviously doesn't exit.

I do not have qoob bios 1.3.zip as the installer did all this for me and never game me a copy. I am looking around now for this mario cheats compilation as all downloads I have come across have not contained any such thing to flash. I take it I can enable the cheats option with the AR disc, once it is highlighted shut down the cube and use the usb cable to flash this mario cheats compiliation to the qoob pro on any free memory bank or does it have to be on a certain one? Sorry for my frustrations, thanks again.

Andrew

Xboxmodder999
10-17-2005, 03:06 PM
You can get the Qoobbios_13.zip file HERE (http://www.tehskeen.net/modules/Downloads/userfile.php?id=278).

The cheat compilation has cheats for over 600games. It takes up like 5 banks on the chip, and I suggest you flash it towards the bottom banks, so that it doesn't get in the way of any other applications you might flash in the future.

cantankerous
10-17-2005, 03:37 PM
You can get the Qoobbios_13.zip file HERE (http://www.tehskeen.net/modules/Downloads/userfile.php?id=278).

The cheat compilation has cheats for over 600games. It takes up like 5 banks on the chip, and I suggest you flash it towards the bottom banks, so that it doesn't get in the way of any other applications you might flash in the future.

Hi, I found the file finally, just before you posted it. Thanks again. I have successfully flashed it to the bottom banks of the chip such as you suggested. Only thing I am curious about is this, what if new cheats become available how do you add them to the banks or does a new compilation have to be made? I take it the mario COD is the latest compilation out?

You have been a great help xboxmodder999. Without you I would be struggling still with getting my gamecube the way I like it. Now I am having a blast with the cube and am very happy with all the options I have available to me to play with now. Things can only get better with futures bioses releases and I am glad now more than ever that I got myself a pro chip over the SX as these memory banks are a huge benefit.

neonikngc
10-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Can Someone Tell Me How Can I Use Action Replay Codes With Gcos Teaser 3, I Have A Viper, Please, Help Needed

cantankerous
10-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Flashed the qoob mp3 player to the chip too just for the hell of it. I am also currently streaming an original from my cube to my computer using GCOM from the qoob pro. Had a hard time getting it working at first as the subnet mask was wrong meaning the cube and computer thought they were on different networks. Took me awhile to figure it out but glad I did. Currently getting 2.2mb/s. wow! One thing I can't get working though is custom backgrounds on my booting bios. I can get custom backgrounds on secondary bioses loaded from the applications menu of qoob however. I tried flashing the background in the first bank but the cube booted with a blank screen as the bios needs to be on the first bank. I then put the background on the very next bank after the loading bios but still nothing. If I put a secondary bios after the bank with the background however that gets the new background. Is there a way to get a custom background on the booting qoob bios and if so how? Must be doing something wrong as I can't see people loading secondary bioses just for custom backgrounds especially since they will just be loading another version of qoob. GCOS etc doesn't have the option to boot secondary bioses from within itself except for the original ipl.

Any help would be appreciated on this last little bit of tweaking to get my GC perfect.

Since this is suppose to be a teaser 3 thread (sorry for jacking it) a cool option would be to have custom backgrounds for GCOS, maybe even an option to choose your background while in the bios from a menu.

dlssucks
10-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Hi,

I don't know if I'm being stupid or what, but when I goto LAN Explorer under tools, it tells me to start the client on my PC. What client does it want me to run on the PC? I didn't see any files in the latest GCOS archives posted other than the DOLS and sources. I'm sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I am unable to find any information on this. THANKS!

cantankerous
10-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Hi,

I don't know if I'm being stupid or what, but when I goto LAN Explorer under tools, it tells me to start the client on my PC. What client does it want me to run on the PC? I didn't see any files in the latest GCOS archives posted other than the DOLS and sources. I'm sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I am unable to find any information on this. THANKS!

Yea, I came across this too but never bothered much with it. Perhaps it is a way to browse files on your hardrive through the cube if they are networked together through a BBA?

Xboxmodder999
10-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Hi,

Crazyshiza has a remote loading server for GCOS 1.4. It allows you to stream ISO's and DOL's from your PC, without needing to be at your PC.

Anyways, Crazyshiza is creating a new version of it, for GCOS teaser3, and it should be released soon.

kgonepostl
10-18-2005, 01:58 AM
uber ghey. backburned and the most important feature left out.

MULTI DISK SUPPORT. Oh well at least he made it open source. Maybe somebody can figure it out. Unfortunetly more patience is needed.

DaiG[O]
10-18-2005, 03:59 AM
no viper chip (.vgc) version? :eek: :rolleyes:

emu_kidid
10-18-2005, 05:31 AM
As far as a .VGC is concerned, i see no point as the cobra 2.0 should be good enough for most viper owners. if not, then i'll focus on a viper version later on when i've got the time.

D_tRoN
10-18-2005, 06:45 AM
Sorry emu_kidid, but I just tried the revised AR version and I still got a blank screen whether I compressed it with DolLz2 or not. I know D_tRoN got it working but it doesn't sound like he is booting from an AR disc on a softmodded GC... I boot from an AR disc! You need to check the files on your memcard/sdcard :p

DRK
10-18-2005, 06:53 AM
I boot from an AR disc! You need to check the files on your memcard/sdcard :p

It also works ok for me so it seems that the problem is not the .dol file anymore!

D_tRoN
10-18-2005, 09:09 AM
:cool: Let's hope that the final version will be as much good as the latest ninjamod plus that it has all the DHCP & Memcard features, so normaly you could enable GCoS, when asked to send the Action Replay, you could choose load AR from Memory Card. Or you could use the mfe-boot.dol(Linux Media Player) as an memory card application... AR + Media Player(this one even plays mp3,mov,mpg,mpeg,avi,divx,xvid). Two Memory Cards 251 and and you could store both dols

andrewober
10-18-2005, 01:39 PM
I got it to boot properly via AR 1.14. Copied it to my memory card as level3.gci.

Only problem is that my video is screwed up. Doesn't show the entire thing on the screen. Seems to boot games the same as the old version (I haven't messed with GCOS since the 1.4 version.) MP3 support seems pretty worthless since every other piece of electronic equipment in my house already plays them, but i do like the .dol booting from disk option.

Good enough for me :) Do hope someone can fix the video problem though.

gensuke
10-18-2005, 06:25 PM

Hi, I've tried this version, but I do not understand how it differs from the PSO in the original archive.

The only different thing I've found in the misc options is to force PAL/NTSC/ASK the region (that btw is buggy: press up on the pad and it crashes with a DSI text on the down right corner).

I'm using AR/SDLOAD and my drive is a 06, console is PAL.

Bye.

DaiG[O]
10-19-2005, 07:59 AM
As far as a .VGC is concerned, i see no point as the cobra 2.0 should be good enough for most viper owners. if not, then i'll focus on a viper version later on when i've got the time.

You mean cobra 1.2?
Oh well, cobra 1.2 boots only few games for me... i generally use 1.0, and it boots every games... but sometimes i got DRE.
No DRE, instead, using GCOS Teaser 1 .vgc version.
Dunno why... :rolleyes:

Xboxmodder999
10-19-2005, 11:48 AM
']You mean cobra 1.2?
Oh well, cobra 1.2 boots only few games for me... i generally use 1.0, and it boots every games... but sometimes i got DRE.
No DRE, instead, using GCOS Teaser 1 .vgc version.
Dunno why... :rolleyes:
No, he means 2.0.

The MentalCube team just announced that they are working on Cobra 2.0, as well as releasing another chip called the Viper GC extreme.

cantankerous
10-19-2005, 01:45 PM
No, he means 2.0.

The MentalCube team just announced that they are working on Cobra 2.0, as well as releasing another chip called the Viper GC extreme.

How is this chip to compare to the qoob pro? Any info on it?

Xboxmodder999
10-19-2005, 02:09 PM
How is this chip to compare to the qoob pro? Any info on it?
NO info on it yet. I'm sure that it will have at least the features of the Qoob pro, and possibly(probably) have some features unseen in a chip so far.

cantankerous
10-19-2005, 02:59 PM
That is what I am curious about. The 'new' features never seen in a chip before. What else could possibly be added? My cube right now seems pretty much complete in every aspect.

Xboxmodder999
10-19-2005, 04:10 PM
That is what I am curious about. The 'new' features never seen in a chip before. What else could possibly be added? My cube right now seems pretty much complete in every aspect.
Yeah, same here. I am completely satisfied with my modded gamecube.

The only new features I can think of is a USB or IDE hard drive interface. There are no other "unseen" features that I can think of.

DaiG[O]
10-20-2005, 04:07 AM
No, he means 2.0.

Oh, i see... ok.
Anyway, atm, i use gcos teaser1 on viper... or cobra (but 1.0, not 1.2) if i need to swap or multigames.
So, waiting for Cobra 2.0, i'd like to try GCOS Teaser 3... oh well, if will be possible... ;)

akaris1
10-20-2005, 05:32 AM
I have a raw image of teaser 3 which works like a charm on my US releases but will not boot JPN release ( naruto 3). If I use toads autoloader with 1.4, the game boots fine. I use AR 1.14 hacked raw file to boot gcos. I cant figure out for the life of me why this thing wont boot JPN games ( i have several diffrent ones and it won't boot them) Teaser 3 boots US games i couldnt get to work before like a charm. :(

toad86
10-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Wee, another one who's using my program :p
----
Back to topic...

I have drive 6, and i use PSO version of this.
And i cant get disc explorer to work :(
And good thing: Still boots all my games perfectly and i have not seen DRE in a long time :D

NeoNight
10-27-2005, 02:59 PM
just sold my old Gamecube and got a new one, the smash bros bundle to be exact (use to have a drive 6 its now drive 8) and wow now every thing works fine. Games I thought were bad burns boot up and play fine so far. So I guess it really was my GameCube that was dying out. Which makes sense, since it was about what 4 or more years old. Paid $81 for the brand new one got the platinum colored though.... >.> Probably not such a great idea since new systems are coming out reeeeal soon.

Xboxmodder999
10-27-2005, 03:58 PM
just sold my old Gamecube and got a new one, the smash bros bundle to be exact (use to have a drive 6 its now drive 8) and wow now every thing works fine. Games I thought were bad burns boot up and play fine so far. So I guess it really was my GameCube that was dying out. Which makes sense, since it was about what 4 or more years old. Paid $81 for the brand new one got the platinum colored though.... >.> Probably not such a great idea since new systems are coming out reeeeal soon.
I'm keeping both of my modded gamecubes, even after I get a REvolution . The reason being, is that even though the Revolution will play gamecube originals, it will not play backups. So might as well keep my gamecubes, so that I can continue to play the 50+ burned games I have.

Same goes for my xbox(that is if I even get a xbox360, since it doesn't really interest me at the moment).

lordbill
10-30-2005, 10:34 PM
I'm a bit of a noob, so forgive me if I annoy someone with my questions. I use PSO and I've tried the GCoST3 and I've been trying to load a PAL DVD-R game that I burned with Nero it was an .iso and was burned successfully. Okay so I've tried to load it dozens of times, and most of the time I get the Checking Country and it's unable to read. Though I've gotten it to recognize the game twice and I started to load it in Autodetect then I got which looked like an Japanese error message but the text isn't really in correct font. I also have a drive 06, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Z80
10-31-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm keeping both of my modded gamecubes, even after I get a REvolution . The reason being, is that even though the Revolution will play gamecube originals, it will not play backups. So might as well keep my gamecubes, so that I can continue to play the 50+ burned games I have.

Same goes for my xbox(that is if I even get a xbox360, since it doesn't really interest me at the moment).

The Revolution in Gamecube mode may still be vulnerable to software exploits (Action Replay). But It's a good idea to keep the older consoles. The Xbox 360 has already been stated to not be anywhere near 100% backwards compatible as I've heard only certain games with backwards compatibility coding will work. or something similar to that. Anyways, with the release of Resident Evil 4 for PS2 and it's HDLoader compatibility, my poor GameCube is once again in for a long cold spell. It was the only game I played regularly.

idbirch2
10-31-2005, 04:20 AM
I'm a bit of a noob, so forgive me if I annoy someone with my questions. I use PSO and I've tried the GCoST3 and I've been trying to load a PAL DVD-R game that I burned with Nero it was an .iso and was burned successfully. Okay so I've tried to load it dozens of times, and most of the time I get the Checking Country and it's unable to read. Though I've gotten it to recognize the game twice and I started to load it in Autodetect then I got which looked like an Japanese error message but the text isn't really in correct font. I also have a drive 06, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

That sounds like either bad media (and when I say bad I mean bad for the cube, not bad quality. My cube doesn't like Verbatim but loves cheap-ass Ritek G05 tat) or you need to tweak your laser. There's lots of guides on tweaking your laser so I wont go into detail and like I say, Ritek G05s work good for me.

toad86
10-31-2005, 10:04 AM
Or the game image is bad... :rolleyes:

Shane From OZ
10-31-2005, 02:48 PM
That sounds like either bad media (and when I say bad I mean bad for the cube, not bad quality. My cube doesn't like Verbatim but loves cheap-ass Ritek G05 tat) or you need to tweak your laser. There's lots of guides on tweaking your laser so I wont go into detail and like I say, Ritek G05s work good for me.

I had exactly the same problem and everyone said bad media etc etc.
But the problem was the laser itself.
As the laser was very old 1 of the very first Gamecube's out and was drive 06 it would always not load or say "cant detect region code".
I changed the laser to an 08 drive and it work perfect with exactly the same media.

Regards Shane

lordbill
11-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the thoughts. I did the laser tweak and it worked good. Now on Fire Emblem when a movie plays for over a minute it says there's no disk. I'm going to try a different type of dvd, it's a Verbatim so I'm going to try Ritek G05 like idbirch2 said.

OblivionX
11-03-2005, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the thoughts. I did the laser tweak and it worked good. Now on Fire Emblem when a movie plays for over a minute it says there's no disk. I'm going to try a different type of dvd, it's a Verbatim so I'm going to try Ritek G05 like idbirch2 said.

for me verbatim have higher pif errors on the disk than ritek g05. Since ive got my new writer the nec 3540 i havnt had one disc error using the ritek g05s.

lordbill
11-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Once again I must ask you lovely folk for help. I've been able to locate full sized Ritek G05 dvd's but the only mini dvd's i've found are 04's. Where do you get yours?

idbirch2
11-04-2005, 05:54 AM
Once again I must ask you lovely folk for help. I've been able to locate full sized Ritek G05 dvd's but the only mini dvd's i've found are 04's. Where do you get yours?

I never could find reliable mini-DVDr so I just bought a replacement top shell for my cube for around £15 and now full size Dvd-R fit in there and work great - no more DREs! The replacement cases are very easy to find and fit so I won't go into detail about that.

NeoNight
11-04-2005, 08:56 AM
http://www.newegg.com/

cantankerous
11-06-2005, 08:35 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else find full sized dvdr load slower than the minis?

idbirch2
11-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Yes, they do take longer. They are bigger and heavier than the GC drive is supposed to be able to handle therefore the drive has to do more work to get the disc up to speed.

cantankerous
11-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks, glad it isn't just me. For the speed alone I will stick with mini dvd-r.

Wouldnt full sized dvdr wear out the motor of the drive seeing as though the disc is bigger and heavier and the drive has to do more work to get it read?

kgonepostl
11-08-2005, 08:46 AM

they'll mod it in no time then you can play backups........

Xboxmodder999
11-08-2005, 02:29 PM
they'll mod it in no time then you can play backups........
I doubt it...

Mithos
11-11-2005, 04:43 AM
I doubt it...

Yeah..

All communication between the serial chip holding the BIOS and
the Gamecube's flipper-chip is two-way. Naturally, if a chip is only
interested in receiving data it will shift out garbage. What tmbinc found
out was that when the encrypted data was shifted to the Flipper (for
decryption) the _decrypted data_ was shifted back.

Since the encryption was nothing more than a XOR-seed from a PNRG it was
trivial to XOR the encrypted BIOS image with the decrypted data and get
access to the whole XOR-key (starting seed always the same) and thus it's
trivial to produce BIOS replacements.

All Nintendo needs to do actually is to fix the misstake they made in the Gamecube.

Make sure the bolded in Troeds text never occurs, if they do so Revolution probably could be a success agains piracy, we all know Gamecube came VERY close.

sharpener
11-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Three mistakes were actually made:

1. The Flipper IPL decryption logic bug
2. Disc drive debug commands were left enabled
3. Sega released a game that would run executable code downloaded from a remote host (they never even used this feature themselves)

kgonepostl
11-11-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry but I have to heavily disagree to all you saying that there will be a
non-moddable system. There's 2 major deciding factors into whether something can be hacked.

If it can be built by man it can be destroyed by man. This is the premice of reverse engineering.

Where there's a will there's a way. Supply and demand. As long as their is a dying need for us all to be able to run linux on a machine that was never meant to. To want be able to trick out your gamecube like it it was your ride and your pimpin hoes out the back. Dammit it's still gonna happen.

Squished
11-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Haven't played with GCOS in many months, and today gave it a shot. Wow. 4 hours of play and not one glitch.

Setup:
GCOS Teaser 3
Untweeked Drive 06
Ritek G04 Mini-DVD burned on NEC 3500 with Toast at 4x (burnproof off)
Loaded Teaser 3 with ThinAir and PSO I&II

None of the annoying laser assembly humping action on swap.

Wow.

NeoNight
11-13-2005, 10:30 PM
yeah its been working great for me too (well ever since I got a new GC)

Squished
11-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Since the audio fix hasn't been incorporated into GCOS teaser 3, what is the best way to fix audio on an ISO?

I have ViperTemporaryAudioFix 1.1, is that the best tool to use? I assume fix, burn and play with Teaser 3?

The game in question is Harvest Moon. Most of the sound is fine, but sections have the ear screetching noise. wife wants to try it out to see if she wants to buy it.

DRK
11-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Since the audio fix hasn't been incorporated into GCOS teaser 3, what is the best way to fix audio on an ISO?

I have ViperTemporaryAudioFix 1.1, is that the best tool to use? I assume fix, burn and play with Teaser 3?

The game in question is Harvest Moon. Most of the sound is fine, but sections have the ear screetching noise. wife wants to try it out to see if she wants to buy it.

You can also use the Ninja BIOS which has a build in soundfix so you don't need to fix the .iso ...

vovo1234
11-28-2005, 06:07 AM
AUTOBOOT BACKUP 0.1B

File Name .....: AB01B.zip

Released ......: 27/11/2005

Based on ......: GCOS Teaser Revised 3

Whatsnew in this Version :

Original beta release

Info:
-----
Since there was no way for a viper user to boot an autobootable gclinux dvd with cobra (all version).
Ive decided to make some mess with the teaser3 for fiting as a viper plugin.
Im not dev at all, and this has been done with the ppc dev kit available on sourceforge.
Ive destroyed almost all the code, and this has not been done clean.
So i will not include the source, i havnt wrote even a line on the code, just make it work so it still
boot backup and without having to press a key, all other feature are disconected.
Tests was done on my viper cube only, gcos reporting drive 08, no idea for other cube/drive/modchip.

Features:
---------
Plays backups only ! (allow to boot a gclinux/mfe-distro directly)
Region Free (not tested!)
Full No swap drive 08 support (04,06,Q not tested!)
Fit as a cobra plugin (25K)

Files:
------
AB01B.dol the program build from gcos teaser3 source code (pso compil)
ABO1B-DLZ.dol same but after dollz compress (option was viper,fix dol)
AB01B.cbp cobra plugin file
COBRA12_AB01B.vgc flash file with cobra 1.2 and autoboot backup 0.1B

Known Bugs:
----------
Doesnt run an original game!
Have a ton of video glitch (normal since menu is disconnected)

Future:
-------
Maybe no more release of this tools, has it do what it should correctly.
If i work on this in future, i will restart from a clean code of teaser3,
by disconnecting all feature i have lost a major party of the code, so i will try make this a lot more clean and
i will release the code if i do that.
Found a way of handling original game (either by button press or autodetecting media)
More clean on video output.
Test region free for backups.
Feedback for other drive correct detection (04,06,Q).

Thx to all scene and maker of teaser3.
All credits go for them, im just a noob....

vovo1234
11-28-2005, 06:22 AM
///////////////Based on GCOS Teaser 3 source code\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

AUTOBOOT BACKUP 0.1B

File Name .....: AB01B.zip

Released ......: 27/11/2005

Based on ......: GCOS Teaser Revised 3

Whatsnew in this Version :

Original beta release

Info:
-----
Since there was no way for a viper user to boot an autobootable gclinux dvd with cobra (all version).
http://www.gcdev.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1509
Ive decided to make some mess with the teaser3 for fiting as a viper plugin.
Im not dev at all, and this has been done with the ppc dev kit available on sourceforge.
Ive destroyed almost all the code, and this has not been done clean.
So i will not include the source, i havnt wrote even a line on the code, just make it work so it still
boot backup and without having to press a key, all other feature are disconected.
Tests was done on my viper cube only, gcos reporting drive 08, no idea for other cube/drive/modchip.

Features:
---------
Plays backups only ! (allow to boot a gclinux/mfe-distro directly)
Region Free (not tested!)
Full No swap drive 08 support (04,06,Q not tested!)
Fit as a cobra plugin (25K)

Files:
------
AB01B.dol the program build from gcos teaser3 source code (pso compil)
ABO1B-DLZ.dol same but after dollz compress (option was viper,fix dol)
AB01B.cbp cobra plugin file
COBRA12_AB01B.vgc flash file with cobra 1.2 and autoboot backup 0.1B

Known Bugs:
----------
Doesnt run an original game!
Have a ton of video glitch (normal since menu is disconnected)

Future:
-------
Maybe no more release of this tools, has it do what it should correctly.
If i work on this in future, i will restart from a clean code of teaser3,
by disconnecting all feature i have lost a major party of the code, so i will try make this a lot more clean and
i will release the code if i do that.
Found a way of handling original game (either by button press or autodetecting media)
More clean on video output.
Test region free for backups.
Feedback for other drive correct detection (04,06,Q).

Thx to all scene and maker of teaser3.
All credits go for them, im just a noob....

emu_kidid
11-28-2005, 08:58 AM
THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR DOWNLOADS, PLEASE DISCUSS THIS VERSION IN THE TEASER 3 THREAD
I have released a tool so you can make your own AR GCoS
version with Action replay built in! check out the attachments (GCoS AR
BUILDER.rar)

Teaser 4, A small update to Teaser 3.

What's New (Since Teaser 3):
-For all you GCoS 1.4 Lovers, There's an option in here to boot games as GCoS 1.4 did
-MP3 Player (Now able to continously play and skip songs
(longer you hold the button the more it skips)
-Zlib was removed, as it wasn't being used
-ELF Loading from DVD (It's there, but unsure if working :P)
-Memcard detection in slot1 (that's all for now)
-AR can now be sent over or embedded (embedding requires you to make the array etc)
-Failsafe in modes, i.e. if the disc isn't detected you don't have to reload GCoS
-And some other various fixes

Notes on this release:
-This release (Teaser4) has altered drive startup routines to allow AR to work.
-I'm releasing it so soon cause libogc GCoS has finally started to get developed and
many people want to have my current src with all the AR fixes, so here it is :P
-Please note, only a Small attempt was made for this release to make the GUI look
half decent.

Building notes:
-Same as last build

To do:
Drivecode stuff,memcards,sdcards,improve ripper,networking etc..

Greets:
To everyone who I've spoken to regarding GCoS, (A LONG list :P)

As you can see by the size of this file, I try my best to make GCoS work for
everyones environment, but if you still have troubles, post your problem in
the Teaser 3 report thread.

emu_kidid
11-29-2005, 02:51 AM
Ok i have got Dol uploading via http done, ELF loading via DVD done and other little bits finished. I will make another release when i have fixed another 5 things :P

DRK
11-29-2005, 03:54 AM
Ok i have got Dol uploading via http done, ELF loading via DVD done and other little bits finished. I will make another release when i have fixed another 5 things :P

Super, thanks Emu_kidid!

kgonepostl
11-29-2005, 11:23 AM

you've given up hope on the multi-disc support from what I understand?

emu_kidid
11-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Unless i learn a whole new CPU and how it works then yes, i've given up. What ever happened to the whole idea that anyone can add to GCoS? People just get greedy imho.

kgonepostl
11-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Unless i learn a whole new CPU and how it works then yes, i've given up. What ever happened to the whole idea that anyone can add to GCoS? People just get greedy imho.

if i knew how to program at all I'd be down. I'm surprised nobody else has tackled it either but personally I'm saving programming for college if i knew how to program I'd be up 24/7 doing this.

Rain
11-30-2005, 12:14 PM
... and doens't on the older one..

I'm using softmod pso method, and using a model 04 gamecube with tweaked laser..

Game is on ritek g05s and runs wonderfully on teaser 3... on teaser 4, it boots, does the first loeading screens, go to main menu and disk stops spinning...

Oh yeah, the image was fstfixed, but it's still on 1.5 gigs..

emu_kidid
11-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Does the game use streaming?