A PS3 owner has revealed that his PS3 become burnt and fried a little after plugging in a Psychlone HDMI cable. The big fry up eventually ended after around 10 seconds after the cord had eventually melted off but it still caused quite a bit of damage.
He had his PS3 plugged into an electrical source although it wasn’t running any games at the time of this. He plugged in his Psyclone HDMI cable from his Samsung 32-inch flatpanel tv to the PS3 when the sparks started flying. A flame actually shot up out of the PS3, and sparks were firing out of both ends where the HDMI cable met with the ports. The mess ended in 10 seconds when the cord melted off. Pictures included. We cannot figure out why/how this occurred. No breakers were tripped, no damage or discoloration to any wall outlets or other power sources. Only the HDMI ports.</blockquote>
News Source: <a href="http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/01/ps3-gets-fried-in-mysterious-hdmi-blaze/" target="_Blank">Gizmodo</a>