THE 2 DISC GCOS LIBOGC BETA IS HERE!
REASON FOR RELEASE:
This is a work in progress release, just to show that GCoS is not dead
We are currently testing which games work with the 2 disc game support we have now. PSO is reported as not working, please let us know if any other games will not continue after testing.
To test, Basically we want people to boot any backup, open the lid, close it again, and tell us if it continues to work or if it throws an error.
Please give us feedback at the maxconsole forums here:
What we have here is a GCoS Public Beta. This is the first of it's kind and is libogc based. With that being said, there is NO GPL'd code inside and whatever was in GCoS 1.5 has been completely redone from scratch.
Yes this version has a similar GUI to the older versions but it has been totally reworked. This is no where near the final GUI/GCoS/featurelist!
New in this Public Beta:
- 2 Disc Games supported - You may open/close the lid on backups without a problem (beta!!)
- Ninjamod drivecode has been removed and we've worked in improved versions of the DRE fix and Audiofix into GC-linux cactus drivecode
- IP settings saved to memory card
- SD dol launcher
- Setting of boot preference (you can boot the drive when gcos starts, or not)
- HEAPS of lowlevel stuff improved/fixed
Stuff not in here but was in 1.5:
- Disc ripper
- AR stuff
- LAN Explorer
(Nevertheless, they will return in some better form)
REMEMBER THIS IS A BETA, so don't cry if something doesn't work, go REPORT IT!
The GCoS Team