1. In order for me to tell you what to do I need to know your system menu because different system menus can need different hacks
2. You can make any USB drive a wbfs drive by either using eg. Wbfs manager or waiting and running it through the USB manager on the wii.
I also need to know if the drive will be solely for the wii or if you need me to tell you how to partition it into 2 drives (so eg. 1 can be wbfs and another ntfs).
There should be a folder located in "DOP-Mii WiiBrew Edition v14.5.zip\DOP-Mii WiiBrew Edition v14.5\apps" called "Dop-Mii wiibrew Edition" copy this to SD:\apps
1. download/setup all of the above software.
2. put the SD card in the Wii, turn it on and go to settings>data management>channels>SD card and select ok
3. install "bootmii as boot2" and "bootmii as IOS". Bootmii as boot2 may not be installable because only older wiis are vulnerable, so if it says it can't be installed, this is normal.
4. Install the homebrew channel
5. exit the installer
Change selection- tap power (don't hold it down as this turns of the wii)
Select- tap reset
By default if you managed to install Bootmii as boot2, if you turn on the Wii with the SD card inserted Bootmii will appear and you must manually select either the system menu or homebrew channel. If you want, I can tell you an app which can allow you to easily change this to have an automatic choice after a delay.
6. run the homebrew channel from the home screen
7. press "home" and select "bootmii"
8. Select the settings menu (IIRC its cogs) and then the backup option (chip with green arrow)
9. perform a backup
10. When done exit bootmii
11. install priiloader
12. when installed, exit the installer and turn off the wii.
13. turn on the wii but immediately hold down reset.
14. run at a minimum the following hacks- block updates, skip disc update checks, block online update, optionally you can enable region free, remove no save protection, replace healthscreen
15. save the hacks and go to the system menu
16. go into the HBC and run the waninkoko CIOS installer
17. Install the CIOS in slots 220 and 249
18. Install Hermes CIOS in slot 222
19. run dop-mii
20. Install/update any IOS besides: 16, x0, 2xx (x meaning a number)
optionally: You can update the shop-channel and others using dop-mii, just go to channels instead of IOS.
22. Presuming the drive will only be for the Wii, plug your USB HDD into the USB port closest to the bootom of the wii (if its horizontal)
23. Run USB loader GX and format the drive when prompted
24. Configure USB loader GX as you wish, make sure to set it up to use CIOS 222.
25. Insert your games and rip them when prompted.
You can also use "WBFS manager" on the PC to put isos on.