What I would like to do is to play game from USB Hard Drive instead of my original Disc.
Which will be the most recommended USB loader?
The "USB Loader" user interface looks plain.
The other two I saw are "Configurable USB loader" and "USB Loader Gx".
Which one do you suggest?
Beside the USB loader, could you recommend me some other useful Homebrew application? such as wad manager, ... ?
Right now I don't have anything. It's just empty.
Thanks in advance ...
I will keep reading the post
Just make sure you have a copy of gparted (either the dedicated version or the one as part of a linux distro e.g. ubuntu) which you can boot into (requires either a CD or USB stick) if it is not already FAT32 and a 1GB SD card.
I haven't forgotten, I am just trying an FAT32 drive but transferring my games over from my WBFS drive is taking longer than I thought.
1. Update bootmii as IOS and boot2 (if you can) and then do a backup
2. install priiloader, after install reboot the wii but hold reset until the priiloader menu appears. enable at a minimum block updates and skip disc update check, you can enable others if you want (e.g. region free, nocopy save hack, etc.)
3. install hermes cios 222
4. install waninkokos Cios, I suggest slot 249 and 220 (the latter is a backup)
5. run the usb loader gx installer
6. run usb loader GX, configure it to use CIOS 222, adjust any other settings and update it if necessery
7. run dop-mii, update any ios except x0 and 2xx (by "x" I mean e.g. 249), x0 are system menu IOS and can brick, 2xx overwrites Cios/bootmii as ios
This is all thats needed for a basic usb loader system, to install games just insert them into the wii when usb loader GX is running and it will rip them for you.
You can also have usb loader GX as a channel if you want, I can write a guide.
Wad mananger is only needed for wad files (like custom channels).
You can find other things like emulators at dl.qj.net or filetrip.net.
Dop-mii can also update the shop channel to allow access to that again.
Another thing is to maybe defragment the drive if it hasn't been formatted and used using e.g. defraggler.
I personally use USB loader gx, that and the fact that I have never had problems with it is why I recommended it, it may be possible for them to coexist.
Wbfs only works with the wii for USB loader, fat32 is supported by homebrew (eg. Roms) or non wii stuff (eg. Pc, ps3, etc) although you still have to use management software for games and have it split dl games (done automatically).
Wbfs files (eg. Game.wbfs) also removes padding so one less reason to use it. The only real downside I know of to fat32 may be the need to occasionally defragment.
Priiloader has other purposes, but blocking updates is the main one
Dop-mii is to update iOS and channels eg. The shop channel without updating the system software. Although make sure you don't need trucha patched ones because they are needed for some modified games.