Resident Evil Revelations tries to find a balance.
Some sequences retain the feeling of RE4 and 5, loading you up with bullets and setting you loose on armies of creatures.
Some of the new details that are out are:
- most common enemy is the Ooze
- Ooze are a collection of pale, gelatinous monsters
- they have the ability to flow like liquid
- this allows them to emerge from grates, pipes and even laundry machines
- the cruise ship is called the Queen Zenobia
- the Ooze seem to be on the ship only
- new Ooze types will actually shoot projectiles at you
- some are far more physically powerful
- game has a balance of dishing out enough ammo to the player, as well as making sure you manage your supplies
- one point in the game you lose your ammo and guns, but still have to deal with Ooze
- you'll come across a fast-moving, twisted fish that simply attempts to bite your head off
- there's also a demonic water cockroach
- these enemies are tough to kill with traditional weapons
- Hunters make an appearance as well
Resident Evil revelations is looking more and more like a full console experience.