In-Depth Look into the PlayStation Vita Value Pack
A Short Preview for the Sony PlayStation Vita by 'Ahmed_p800'
After resisting for some time, I bought a PS Vita eventually!
And wanted to do a Preview for it
I got the Value Pack
Official website HERE
This is the Japanese version, Made in China.
Note it fully supports English, and even Uncharted that comes with it is fully localized, and even better, the device is Region Free, so it can play all games from all regions!
PS Vita tech spec
- CPU: ARMŽ Cortex- A9 core (4 cores)
- GPU: SGX543MP4+ (also 4 cores)
- RAM: 512 MB system + 128 MB video ram
- Display: 5" OLED - 960x544 pixels - Multitouch
- Others: WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1 (3G model come with GPS), Six-axis, front and rear cameras
2-Value pack contains: PS Vita + Accessories + Uncharted + 4GB
3-Uncharted Box + Memory Card Box
4-Comparison with a MicroSD
6-Rear touch Panel
9-PS Logo when you start the Vita
13-Uncharted the PS Vita version!
14-This Menu appears by pressing and holding the PS Button
15-Recovery Menu: Switch it off > press PS + R + Power and hold
- It is HUGE, but lets not forget the 5" screen!
- It is surprisingly light, If you look at it you might think it is heavy, but it isn't.
- Very comfortable to hold and use.
- The back touch panel needs to get used to.
- The OLED screen is just AMAZING!
- US and EU stores are closed as of now.
- Everything is fast, smooth and responsive, exiting a game was never this simple and easy.
- Ability to rearrange icons and change backgrounds.
- Amazing intro when you start the Vita for the first time!
First you need to install content manager on your PC, then you need to have internet connection all the time, and be logged to PSN on PC an Vita, then you need to copy your media to specific folder for each type (Photos, Movies...etc), after that you go to your Vita > content manager application > and choose to copy from PC > content type, this will launch the content application where you need to find the file you want, then you tick it and copy it to the Vita (o____O)!!!
- Don't know why, but it feels cheap (maybe because is it lighter than expected?)
- Finger Prints Magnet, do I need to say more?
- Not sure if the screen is scratch resistant, but I do hope so.
- Menus work by touch only.
- Copying files to the Vita is a nightmare!
This is so stupid, very long and might be confusing with too many files!
I believe they are trying to prevent hacking this way, also they might be monitoring what you are copying as internet connection is required!
In general, for handheld gamers, PS Vita is just perfect, you have the controls, the power, the gorgeous screen and the upcoming games!
I really like it
But right now I can't get more games as mostly are Japanese and hard to find here...
But when the PS Vita is officially release end of Feb in Europe and US, many games will be there to choose from!
Our thanks to 'Ahmed_p800' for another good hardware review!