Today's Apple Keynote resumed
New iPad with retina display, quad-core processor and 4G LTE, new Apple TV with 1080p support and more
Apple has just finished their keynote and we are offering you a brief resume of the more relevant highlights.
And the new iPad:- Siri confirmed to speak Japanese
- iOS 5.1 to be out today
- iTunes on the cloud now supports movies on the cloud and 1080p movies and shows.
- The New Apple TV to supports all this 1080p contents. It will feature a revamped streamline interface. Will be out the next week at the same price at the current one, 99$. Pre-order available today.
Here is what it is having.
And after the big announcements, they have just announced a bunch of little new things:- It was not called neither iPad 3 or iPad HD, just new iPad or 3rd gen iPad.
- Retina display with 2048x1536 píxeles. 240ppi. 44% better color saturation
- A5X processor. Dual-core with quad-core GPU. Twice faster than Tegra 3 devices.
- iSight rear Camera: Same elements and configuration of iPhone 4S but with just 5MP. capable of recording 1080p video. Front camera is just the same iPad 2's Facetime camera.
- Voice dictation: Like Siri but just for text dictation. Support American English, British, Australian, French, German and Japanese
- 4G LTE: Up to 73Mbps speed. Different iPad versions depending on carrier: Verizon and AT&T in the US. Rogers, Bell y Telus as partners. 3G worldwide with HSPA+ and DC-HSPA+ speeds (21Mbps and 42Mbps respectively).
- Personal Hotspot capability if the carrier allows it.
- Battery life: The same as iPad 2, 10h normal use, 9h on 4G. That is amazing taking into account that we are talking about a quad-core processor and LTE connectivity which drains battery as fast as hell.
- Size: 9.4mm thin , weight 1.4 lbs
- Pricing: Same as iPad 2. WiFi only is 499$ (16GB), 599$ (32GB) and 699$ (64GB). WiFi + 4G: 629$ (16GB), 729$ (32GB) and 829$ (64GB). Pre-order since today.
- Availability: March 16th in US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Switzerland an Japan. March 23rd for the rest of the world.
A comparison between new iPad and iPad 2 can be seen here: http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/
And that was all. More details in the links below.- Namco to release a plane game to support up to 50 planes fighting at the same time. Console quality game that looks gorgeous.
- Autodesk to release Sketchbook Ink app.
- Epic Games to release a new Infinity Blade: Dungeos game powered by the all-might Unreal Engine. Better graphics than Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. Looks delightful.
- iPhoto for iPad. Available since today for just 4.99$.
- iPad 2 to continue selling with a 100$ price cut. 399$ for the Wi-Fi version and 529$ for the WiFi+3G
OFFICIAL SITES: http://www.apple.com/ipad/ and http://www.apple.com/appletv/
Our thanks to 'Kaos2K' for taking his time to watch the 'keynote' from Apple!