Nintendo 2011/2012 Fiscal Year Investor Meeting 26/04
Some interesting news on the Nintendo's Investor Meeting held today. Check out the complete summary inside!
Nintendo just held an Investor Meeting today for the 2011/2012 Fiscal Year and some interesting news were revealed. Here's the complete summary:
* New Super Mario Bros 2. will be available both at retail and digitally (full download to the SD Card).
* Apparently, retailers will set their own prices for download versions of games.As previously reported, Nintendo will release New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the Nintendo 3DS this August, worldwide. At an investor presentation today, Nintendo president, Satoru Iwata, announced that the game will be offered as both a retail title, as well as a downloadable title.
Furthermore, starting with New Super Mario Bros. 2, Nintendoís own first-party games will be released as both packaged titles and download games over the Nintendo eShop, and consumers will be able to buy them either way. Iwata didnít specify if this meant all first-party games would be available as downloads, however. Games that are downloaded will only be playable specifically on the Nintendo 3DS they were downloaded to.
* Wii U Software will be available digitally at launch!Iwata also mentioned that you will be able to buy download versions of games both via your own Internet connection as well as at retail stores. Youíll do this by paying the store money in exchange for a download code. This collaboration with retailers is being carried out to increase the exposure of download purchases among consumers, as well as to make the ability to download games available to users without credit cards, such as younger children.
Finally, retailers will be able to set their own prices for download versions of games. What this means is that, if you download New Super Mario Bros. 2 off the Nintendo eShop from your own home, it may not cost the same as it would if you were to download it from, say, GameStop or another store. Prices will vary by retailer.
Wii U will have packaged games available in stores and online as a digital download when the hardware launches later this year.
* Nintendo won't reveal the Wii U Price nor the console Launch Date at this E3. However the console IS having a worldwide launch this year.
* And finally, Nintendo wants a Wii Sports equivalent on Wii U, can't talk about it now for competitive reasons, will not remodel existing (game?).Those expecting Nintendo to fully reveal its full Wii U launch plans at E3 2012 will need to wait a bit longer. Today, in an investor's briefing, global president Satoru Iwata noted that his company does not plan on revealing pricing plans or precise launch dates for the new HD system at the annual show. Iwata reiterated the system will debut this year in Japan, the United States, Europe and Australia.
Well, overall good news!Want to find WiiSports equivalent for WiiU, cannot explain for competitive reasons, will not remodel existing
NEWS SOURCE #1: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471862
NEWS SOURCE #2: http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223879p1.html
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news story!