Dragon War Battle Pack available for Total War: SHOGUN 2
Six new battles for us
SEGA has announced that the Dragon War Battle Pack for Total War: SHOGUN 2 is now available.
SEGA is proud to announce that the Dragon War Battle Pack for Total War: SHOGUN 2, with six battles from the Boshin War, is now available. The pack was previously available only through the Fall of the Samurai expansion, but now it can be accessed in the original game.
All the content of the new pack is detailed below:
- Command the féted warrior Saigo Takamori and his Imperial army. Wield the ferocious weapons of the late 1800s as you fight against the armies of the Tokugawa Shogunate, win Japan for the Emperor, and relive the War of the Year of the Dragon.
- New storytelling elements deliver an exciting tale of courage, victory and blood across six famous battlefields:
- Toba-Fushimi – Tokugawa Yoshinobu’s army is marching on Kyoto, the seat of the Japanese Emperor. Saigo Takamori’s Satsuma army is outnumbered but must repel the Shogunate troops over several days.
- Osaka Castle – Emboldened by victory at Toba-Fushimi and now flying the Emperor’s banner, Takamori and his new Imperial army march on Osaka castle, the home of the Tokugawa Shogunate.
- Ueno – Osaka Castle has been burned and the Shogun driven back to Edo which, upon Takamori’s arrival, is surrendered without a fight. Troops loyal to the Shogunate have dug in at the nearby Kan’ei-ji Temple. They must be removed.
- Aizu – The soldiers of Aizu domain have consistently supported the Tokugawa cause and form the cornerstone of northern resistance to the Emperor. Takamori must lead his force into the heart of their domain, while avoiding traps the Aizu have set for him.
- Miyako Bay – Those that remain loyal to the Shogunate’s cause have regrouped on Ezo island to the north. However, the Imperial Navy has taken delivery of a state-of-the-art ironclad warship, the Kotetsu, which forms the spearhead of an assault on Ezo. The breakaway Ezo Republic launches a naval assault in an attempt to steal the battleship.
- Hakodate – With the raid at Miyako Bay thwarted, the Emperor’s forces go on the offensive one last time, landing an army on the shores of the last Ezo stronghold, Hakodate. The Imperial army is divided, and Takamori must unite his forces in the face of strong opposition before mounting one final push to capture the last holdout, a star fort, Goryokaku.