'True Blue' has issued a warning about another TB clone!
Recently, another TB clone has appeared, that looks as usual the same on the outside, but sadly inside the guts are not the same, and the 'True Blue' has issued this statement along with pictures
Remember to deal with legit TB resellers like Lightake, Shop 01 Media, FyyGame, ModchipsAustralia, ModChipCentral, FyyGame to make sure you are getting an original product!21 - 5 - 2012
A new clone has appeared using a very similar external housing to that of True Blue. However, after removing the clone PCB from its exterior casing it becomes evident that there are a number of major differences:
- Actel used is A3P125 instead of larger A3P250 used on True Blue.
- Clone uses a cheap MCU and cheap dip type crystal in addition to cheaper Actel instead of full Actel integration in the original True Blue design
- Clone has a tact switch which the original does not require, and switch can only be accessed by pulling PCB out of the case
- Actel logic on clone is based on partial guess work of the original and will not function correctly in future updates
- PCB circuit design is highly congested, with numerous visual differences evident, such as programming pads for the MCU and addiional resistors/caps
Please refer to the pictures shown below, to compare the original and clone.
A new software update will be made publicly available in the next few days which will allow users to differentiate original from clone by performing a firmware update.
OFFICIAL SITE: http://www.TRUEBLUEJB2.com
NEWS SOURCE: Another TB Clone Warning! (via) PS3 Crunch