'When he spends all day playing computer games...'
According to a survey, Japanese women are more likely to divorce their husbands for spending too much time playing video games than for losing their looks, earnings, etc.
According to a Japanese survey from the "goo Research monitor group", Japanese women are more likely to divorce their husbands for spending too much time playing Video Games than -for example- losing their looks, not making enough money or being an absent father...
In there, the "When he spends all day playing computer games" option ranked fourth, just behind cheating, boozing and spending too much!Over the 29th of February and the 1st of March 2012 1,175 members of the goo Research monitor group completed a private internet-based questionnaire.
61.4% of the sample were female, 10.0% in their teens, 16.5% in their twenties, 29.3% in their thirties, 24.1% in their forties, 10.6% in their fifties, and 9.5% aged sixty or older.
Note that the score in the results refers to the relative number of votes for each option, not a percentage of the total sample. This survey is for women only.
Curiously, although womanís snoring featured in the other survey, in this one menís snoring doesnít, thanksfully!
Here are the poll full results:
NEWS SOURCE #1: Weird News #19811446 (via) CanoeQ: When do you feel that it may be time to split with your husband? (Sample size=721, female)
Rank - Score
1. When he is unfaithful - 100
2. When his drinking habit gets bad - 92.8
3. When he splurges money - 87.9
4. When he spends all day playing video games - 65.1
5. When he throws away my important items - 57.9
6. When he spends all day surfing the internet - 55.5
7. When the talking stops - 51.7
8. When the gap between him now and pre-marriage gets wide, in a bad sense - 39.3
9. When he starts picking on my faults alone - 38.3
10. When he forbids my hobbies - 37.4
11. When he no longer looks on me as a woman - 34.0
12. When I cannot look at him as a man - 32.4
13. When he is too casual with child-rearing - 32.4
14. When our approaches to cleanliness differ - 31.8
15. When his earnings are not so good - 31.2
16. When he doesnít do the housework - 26.8
17. When he gets on too well with his parents - 26.2
18. When his looks gradually deteriorate - 25.9
19. When he always sleeps in until noon at weekends - 21.2
20. When he spends all his time in a tracksuit - 13.1
NEWS SOURCE #2: When Japanese women want to divorce (via) WhatJapanThinks
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!