Beyond, PlayStation All Stars, God of War Ascension, The Last of Us and more!
Sony’s E3 press conference was the last one of the first day of the show. Sadly no Cloud-related announcements were made.
Sony’s E3 2012 press conference is now over.
Lots of games were shown, but we already knew about most of them. Also, (and sadly?) no "Cloud Gaming" related announcements were made.
Well, check out everything that was shown at the show:
* Quantic Dream's "Beyond"
* PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Cross play with PS Vita“Death is the biggest mystery of mankind. What happens next, no one knows,”
Beyond will tell the story of a life over 15 years. The character’s names is Jodie Holmes, and she has a connection to the afterlife – and will be played by Academy Award nominee Ellen Page, as rumoured.
The demo showed Quantic Dream’s trademark expressiveness as Judy showed a trace of fear in the face of a strange shaking it seemed only she could feel. Things took a turn for the weird when the police man reached to touch a car on the back of Jodie’s head, somehow triggering a coffee cup to fly across the room and smash.
“I know, they’re coming,” a voiceover said – possibly Jodie’s internal monologue. Special forces burst into the station and seem hesitant about approaching the office where Jodie is sitting. The officer from earlier opens the door for them but before we saw what was inside, it cut to a montage of explosions, motorcycles, helicopters, flipping cards and even swearing, with an older-looking Jodie promising to “kill everyone” next time she is bothered, and speaking to an invisible companion.
“Beyond will be unlike anything you have ever experienced before,” Cage promised, speaking of the game’s maturity and emotion.
“If you make the right decisions, maybe you will discover what lies beyond.”
* LittleBigPlanet 2 - Cross-Controller DLC. Will allow Vita and PlayStation 3 players to play alongside each other.Players scroe by racking up kills over the course of times matches. The game’s focus seems to be focused on the generation and strategic use of supers, played from a 2D perspective across simple multi-level platform stages. Sweet Tooth’s level three super was shown; the killer clown turned into a mecha version of his van and used a chain gun to take out all three rivals, and even dropping Kratos a second time. Fat Princess emerged victorious.
Two new characters were confirmed – Uncharted’s Nathan Drake and BioShock’s Big Daddy, as rumoured. Tretton also confirmed All-Stars will feature cross play between PlayStation 3 and Vita.
* PlayStation Plus
* PSONe Classics for PS Vita. Due to launch this month, starting with games like Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy VII.On the PlayStation Plus side, 12 new *free* games will arrive tomorrow, including LittleBigPlanet, Saints Row 2, and Infamous 2.
New offerings will be added each month, and Sony announced a new pricing plan of $5 per month. The audience members were awarded a free year of PSN subscription.
* Hulu Plus and Crackle also to launch soon on the PS Vita.
* Call of Duty: Declassified for PS Vita announced. They promised more information this month ahead of a holiday release.
* Assassin’c Creed 3: Liberation for PS Vita.
* Assassin’s Creed IIIAssassin’c Creed 3: Liberation was next, confirming a female lead and New Orleans setting. The game will feature some cross-promotion with the PlayStation 3 version of Assassin’s Creed III with multiplayer modes, skins, and single-player upgrades.
An Assassin’s Creed Liberation bundle will debut the Crystal White Vita in the west.
* Far Cry 3The Assassin’s Creed III team turned up to give an all-new look at the game – naval battles. Connor, apparently impersonating an officer, took the helm of the ship, guiding it between rocky atolls to avoid and return cannon fire. Ubisoft noted the sea battle system includes dynamic weather.
* WonderbookUbisoft stayed on board to talk about Far Cry 3, debuting a dedicated four player co-op campaign. One player asked for and received a boost to health regeneration via a “battle cry”. The team attempted to tale and hold a bridge long enough to bomb it. One character was slowed, carrying the payload, and then the four fled ahead of the explosion, which was celebrated in a brief cinematic. The PlayStation 3 version comes with a free exclusive DLC, too.
* PlayStation Suite renamed to PlayStation Mobile“Wonderbook puts a physical book in your hands,” House said. “It isn’t limited to just stories. Imagine sailing the seven seas to discover an atlas. Walking with dinosaurs.”
House said Sony is working with authors, educators and scientists to create both entertaining and educating Wonderbook titles.
One of the first comes from Moonbot, but everyone instantly forgot about that because the very first is Book of Spells, which was written in part by Harry Potter J.K. Rowling, as part of Sony’s collaboration with online world Pottermore.
A reader demonstrated how the PlayStation Move becomes a magic wand, although it’s not required throughout the whole experience. On screen, a dragon flew out of the pages and circles the living room, setting the book on fire.
* God of War Ascension Gameplay. Coming March next year.House moved onto PlayStation Suite, promising to bring the world of PlayStation to Android devices “in a major way”. Sony is partnering strongly with HTC for its first third-party agreement, and for some reason, is renaming the service PlayStation Mobile.
* The Last of Us GameplayTod Pappy presented a live demonstration in which Kratos encountered a dying man on a dock. A horde of goat men of some kind had apparently attacked the city, so Kratos killed them, including dispatching one by the simple expedient of grabbing its horns and yanking its head off. A larger goat man didn’t fare much better; Kratos chopped his feet off and shoved his own sword through his body...
And... that's it.The gameplay footage was everything you could ask of Naughty Dog; colourful, detailed, and atmospheric. Some of the more amazing scenes included an overgrown atrium, a flooded street, and a broken glass arch.
The presenter controlled Joel while the AI handled Ellie, who traversed the ruined urban environment without assistance form the player. Joel took down an enemy by strangling him, a lengthy process, before looting a gun and triggering a cover shooting sequence. Throughout the battle, Ellie followed behind closely, keeping out of trouble...
Also, you can watch the full press conference at the YT link below!
NEWS SOURCE: E3 2012 Sony press conference live at 2:00am BST (via) VG247
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!