Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U and more...
Nintendo has given a first look at Pikmin 3 on Wii U. Also, confirms a unique Batman: Arkham City version and a version of Mass Effect 3.
The final major E3 2012 press conference is now over.
Nintendo focused on Wii U software, showing up some first party titles that will be available on the console launch, like Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros. U. Also, a few new third party titles were shown, like Mass Effect 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Check out the full summary from the presentation:
- Pikmin 3.
- Wii U Game Pad and Services.Miyamoto showed Pikmin 3. You have to manage a swarm of 100 pikmin. We saw the game being played. The spaceman from the previous games was there, and the HD graphics packed depth of field.
Rock pikimin, a new type, were shown. Motion controls will be involved in aiming.
An overall map will be shown on the game pad while play is happening on the screen. A Challenge mode, where you need to collect fruit within a specific timeframe, will be on display at E3 this week.
- Miiverse.* Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and Amazon Video logos were all shown on the screen, but he said they just wanted to talk about games today.
* He confirmed that Wii U will support two separate pads. There won’t be any dual-pad games on display at E3 this week.
* The game pad can be used with either a finger or its stylus. It has rumble, as well as stereo speakers, a headphone jack, a home button, a camera, triggers and more.
- New Super Mario Bros U.Miiverse was next. Reggie said to think of the system as “Main Street,” where Miis congregate to “cause a commotion”. Miis flooded onto the screen and crowded around tiles, such as Mario and Donkey Kong.
You can interact between Miis on the screen using speech bubbles and drawn pictures from the pad. Miiverse will be accessible across other devices, such as mobile and PC, at a later date.
- Warner games: Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition & Scriblenauts Unlimited.The game itself is a four-player, 2D Mario in HD. It can be played either on your TV or Game Pad. There was no date.
- More third party games: Mass Effect 3, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Trine 2.Batman Arkham City Armored Edition was announced. Martin Tremblay from Warner Bros. came out on stage. He said the game will deliver content in a “new special way”. Sefton Hill was shown on the screen. The game was shown, with features specific to the Game Pad. You can guide projectiles with the screen, and other exclusive content was promised.
B-A-T mode was confirmed, which provides power-ups through the Game Pad screen. The screen is also used as an inventory select system. Explosives were also set off via the Pad screen. Warner described it as “the most immersive Batman experience”.
Scribblenauts is coming to Wii U in the form of Scribblenauts Unlimited. It’s in HD and features free-roaming in 2D. You create objects on the screen and are able to drop them into the game, share them with friends and more. It has a multiplayer mode.
- Wii Fit U.A sizzle reel was shown, confirming Darksiders II, Mass Effect 3, Namco’s Tank Tank Tank, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, a director’s cut of Trine 3, Ninja Gaiden 3 and Aliens: Colonial Marines.
- SiNG by FreeStyle.The game was shown, a woman doing activities on the Balance Board with the Game Pad on the floor in front of her. She also used a handheld device a “Fit Meter” – to upload a run she did that morning to the Game Pad.
- 3DS Software. Confirms presentation focused on the portable system on Wednesday night.Reggie announced SiNG from UK dev FreeStyle. The GamePad displays lyrics so you can face your friends while performing and everyone can dance along.
- Wii U’s Lego City.* Nintendo’s Scott Moffitt announced a 3DS conference tomorrow night at 6pm PST. It’s an hour long and completely dedicated to the handheld. It’ll be at 3d.nintendo.com.
* Super Mario Bros. 2 was shown, however. Gold plays a key role in the game, which even includes a gold Mario. It out in the US on August 19.
* Paper Mario - Sticker Star was seen. You collect stickers and they become battle commands, such as shoes for stomping and hammers for bashing. It’s out this holiday.
* Luigi's Mansion - Dark Moon was the last 3DS title to be shown. Again, it’s out this holiday, new ghosts and all. You’ll see more tomorrow night.
* A third-party sizzle reel showed Castlevania, Epic Mickey, Scribblenauts and Kingdom Hearts 3D.
- Ubisoft... again.Gameplay showed crimes being fought using the GamePad, with the screen showing enemies through walls when pointed at the TV. It’s being made by TellTale. A portable version is in the works for 3DS.
- Nintendo Land.* Yves Guillemot, Ubisoft president, came out on stage. He said he thought Wii U is a “revolution”. Just Dance 4 was the first Ubi game shown, with Reggie directing four dancers with the GamePad.
* ZombiU was next. The screen acted as a radar, inventory, X-ray vision, a sniper scope, a waggle device for breaking free from enemies and a hacking device. You can even put your own face onto zombies in the game.
* Assassin’s Creed III was shown in a sizzle reel, as was a Rabbids game, Rayman Legends, Sports Connection, Avengers and fitness game YourShape.
And that's it!Reggie wrapped it up with something called Nintendo Land, which is designed to help people “get” the console. Katsuya Eguchi, Wii U software producer, came out to explain how Nintendo has put beloved Nintendo franchises into a theme park, which is a game including 12 games. Five are at the show. Zelda, Animal Crossing, Luigi’s Ghost Mansion, Donkey Kong and Takamaru will be at E3 this week.
Nintendo Land will launch alongside the hardware this Christmas.
Remember, Nintendo will held another presentation focused on the Nintendo 3DS on Wednesday night at 6pm PST!
NEWS SOURCE #1: E3 2012 Nintendo press conference live at 5:00pm BST (via) VG247
NEWS SOURCE #2: Nintendo at E3 (via) Official Site
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!