From SubJunk, former PS3 Media Server dev.
Universal Media Server or UMS, is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server based on PS3 Media Server by shagrath.
Subjunk a former PS3 Media Server dev, is now working on a new tool with a new team including SharkHunter: UMS or Universal Media Server.
Here's the official info:
Version 1.1.1 has been released. Here's the changelog:Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. It is based on PS3 Media Server by shagrath. It is actually an evolution of the "SubJunk Build" of PS3MS. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PS3MS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility.
Download links:Changes since 1.1.0:
- Fixed memory buffer handling
- Added LPCM transcoding option for all audio tracks
- Added DTS HD-MA support up to 7.1 channels: DTS core remux, LPCM and AC3 transcoding
- Added Dolby TrueHD support up to 7.1 channels: LPCM (recommended) and AC3 (buggy for 7.1) transcoding
- Added support for more rare audio formats
- Updated documentation in UMS.conf
- Improved English settings labels
- Fixed spacing across all languages on the "Common transcode settings" page
- Improved Russian translations
- Removed outdated translations
- Fixed display of maximum transcode buffer size in 5 languages (ca, es, is, it, sv)
- Improved support for RTL languages
It is recommended to uninstall the older version before installing the new one.
- Universal Media Server for Windows 1.1.1
- Universal Media Server for Linux/Unix 1.1.1
- Universal Media Server for Mac OS X (10.6+, Intel) 1.1.1
- Plugins (compatible with PS3 Media Server)
NEWS SOURCE #1: UMS Universal Media Server v1.1.1 subjunk's PMS rebuild rebuilt (via) PSX-Scene
NEWS SOURCE #2: Forum Topic #63 (via) UniversalMediaServer
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!