With six times the power of Xbox 360; 'Fortaleza Glasses'
Check out a leaked document from Microsoft, which provides the first details on its Xbox 360 successor, or 'Xbox 720' as it’s referenced, and the successor to Kinect...
Seems that a 56-page, detailed report, passing itself off as an internal Microsoft presentation about the future of Xbox has been "leaked".
Apparently, the document lists a 2013 release for Xbox 720 and a "Kinect V2".
The document also makes note of Xbox SmartGlass, which was just announced last week at E3, lending it some credibility.
- XBOX 360 "limitations".
- XBOX 720 "specs".It cites Xbox 360′s limitations as “no full fidelity AAA Games + Kinect V1 sensor,” no support for a full range of XTV platform scenarios, lacking modern entertainment capabilities (“Blu-ray, Native 3D,” and “2x1080p in/out”), and the inability to run “multiplexed or concurrent applications and services.”
The document says the XBOX 360 successor [I]will boast six times the performance of Xbox 360, have a “native XTV/video STB,” “V1/V2 Kinect sensor processing,” “connectivity for glassses/sensors/peripherals,” “dedicated resources for next gen gameing,” “dedicated resources for Xbox 360 gaming,” and “true 1080p and full 3D.”
- XBOX 720 "price".- Core Architecture
* CPU Cores – 6-8x ARM/X86 @ 2GHz
* GPU – 64ALU @ 1GHz
* CPU Cores – 3x PPC @ 3.2GHz
- EDRAM – >32MB
- Memory - 4GB, 128bit DDR4QoS for App Pool
- Mass FLASH Storage – MLC
* CPU Core - 2x ARM/X86 @ 2GHz
* GPU - 48ALU @ 500MHz
- Security System
- Video/Audio Accel - 2HD Dec, 1HD Enc, DSP, XMA
- Video Output - Flexible Resize / Compositing / 3D
- NUI Offloal - Skeletal Tracking Accel.
- Base IO - USB3.0, HDMI, DisplayPort, GigE,PCI-E, SATA, 802.11n
- Device Specific IO - HSDPA, WiMAX, W-HDMI, ATSC,DisplayPort, LVDS
Its expected system cost is approximately $225.
EDIT: JUST ADDING THIS LINE AT THE NEWS POSTERS REQUESTCompared to its competition, it expects Nintendo to launch what it labels as “Wii2″ and Sony to launch “PS4″ for “<$249″ and “<$399,” respectively. It aims to make Xbox 720 “the ONLY box you need for premium living room entertainment.”
it should be pointed out that $225 is a cost price not retail (see GaussTek's post (#5) below).
- Kinect V2.
Kinect V2 is listed as including “improved voice recognition,” “better 3D play space recognition,” “four player concurrent tracking,” “dedicated HW processing,” and “better HD RGB camera.” That’s all in addition to “higher accuracy” and “stereo imaging vs mono.” It will also support four-person play.
- "Fortaleza Glasses".
A pair of glasses which will launch in 2014 that will allow players to “interact with the world in a revolutionary way.”
Here's some of its Key Points:
- Platform (Xbox 720) – breakthrough heads up and hands free device.
- Sensors (Kinect) – seamless integration of the digital world with the physical world.
- Content / Transitioning (Games and Movies) – contextual applications and experiences for your life.
- Services (Xbox LIVE) – real time information on people, places and objects.
- 3 Screen (Tablets and Phones) – largest and most immersive screen, in the living room and on the go
The full document it's 56 pages long... So, it's somewhat hard to say someone could waste so much time creating this kind of elaborated fake.
But again, remember this is still a Rumor.
The Full presentation was deleted by Scribd, which makes us think it could be pretty much real!
According to NeoGAF:
NEWS SOURCE #1: Rumor Xbox 720 doc details 2013 launch Kinect 2 (via) GematsuCovington & Burling, sandwiched on Pennsylvania Avenue between Capitol Hill and the White House, specializes in government regulation. With more than 700 lawyers, the firm also has strong antitrust, intellectual property, international trade, mergers and acquisitions, and tax practices. Its client list has included Microsoft,
NEWS SOURCE #2: Leaked Xbox 720 document (via) EnGadget
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!