A nice XBOX 360 Media Player by Ced2911
This video player for the XBOX 360 is based on Mplayer. After a long wait, it's first release is now live thanks to Ced2911!
Ced2911 -a well known 360 SDK/libxenon coder- has released a new Video Player for the XBOX 360 after a long time of hard work.
XMPlayer v0.0.1 is based on Mplayer (an Open Source Media Player) and uses libxenon.
Why libxenon? Ced2911 explains that because even if SDK is more user friendly, with libxenon you can exploit the Xbox 360 power with more efficiency (without all MS systemís cpu usage), as you have seen that with GliGliís N64 emulator.
Here's the official NFO:
So, hopefully we will see more updates soon!What it does
- Play video from usb, hard drive and disc drive
- Support for ext2fs, ntfs, fat, xtaf and iso9660 partition
- French and english translation
- Launch elf from every media
What it does not do
- Some 1080p are playing, some doesnít
- No network support
- No control when playing music files
- No picture viewer
- Slowdown when using vsync
- XTAF support is experimental
What to do next
- More tranlastions
- Nand flasher/dumper
- Nand fs
- Network support (http, youtube, update)
- More performance
- Copy all files at the root of an usb stick, launch it by xell or latest dashlaunch
Download it on his official GitHub project linked below or by using this LINK of his official blog page.
NEWS SOURCE #1: Xmplayer v0.0.1 is finally out (via) Homebrew-Connection
NEWS SOURCE #2: XMPlayer (via) GIT Hub
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!