It's now available for download!
Wolfram is a modern remake of the classic PC FPS Wolfenstein 3D by fans. Sadly, only the first episode (with 9 levels) is available.
Wolfram is a modern remake of Wolfenstein 3D, a game created by id Software in 1992...
The game uses an engine built by fans called "Volatile3D", which features per-pixel lighting with bump-mapping and parallax mapping, soft stencil shadows, refractions, cubemap reflections, mirrors and ragdoll physics.It is designed mainly for those fans who wants to play old good game, but who is tired of pixelated sprite graphics. Well, many people could say that it is nonsense, retro games are distinctive and original and do not need any graphic enchancements. This is the point, but we, the authors, think in a different way. We hope that the remake will find it's niche and some of you guys will like it.
Sadly, Wolfram includes only the first episode of Wolfenstein 3D: 9 main levels and 1 secret level.
The game is now available for download, and actually, a patch has been released, which improves a lot the already great remake.These levels have been accurately ported keeping layout of items, enemies and geometry almost intact. It would be nice to port all the game, but we will never manage such amount of work.
Download both the game and the patch at the official website linked below.Despite our careful testing of Wolfram before the release, some players reported a certain amount of problems. The most critical was a crash on some systems. We have fixed all the errors found, and added an automated crash report system in case there will be found more problems. Besides we tried to take into consideration complaints about the balance.
So, what's new in Wolfram version 1.1?
NEW FEATURES AND MODIFICATIONS
- Added CrashRpt system for automated crash report generation and submission.
- Added "Level statistics" item to the Controls menu.
- Flashlight range increased.
- MP-40 bullet damage increased.
- Luger reload time decreased.
- MG-42 accuracy increased a bit in an IronSight mode for a crouched player.
- Fixed bug with software sound which led to a crash.
- Fixed bug with "Bloodlust" achievement, when it was enough to kill 3 enemies instead of 50.
- Fixed a minor problem in a loopback network code.
- Ragdoll intertia decreased.
Also, take a look at these screens and teaser trailer, so you know how this one looks.
NEWS SOURCE #1: Forum Thread #477941 (via) NeoGAF
NEWS SOURCE #2: WolfRAM (via) ModDB
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!