A lot of media sites already reviewed the Kinect exclusive game 'Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor'.
'It does not work' and 'Should not have shipped' according to some of them.
It looks like reviewers went heavy on Kinect mech game developed by From Software and published by Capcom.
As you may know, they decided to drop the special large controller which distinguished the previous Steel Battalion games on the XBOX in favor of exclusive Kinect motion controls.
Well, scores from reviewers aren't particularly high and some of them even mention its "the worst implementation of Kinect controls I've ever experienced."
So it looks like the claims about being "the most accurate Kinect game ever" were just a lie.
Here are some of the reviews:
Really a shame, considering how ambitious it was and how well the original games worked with the large (although expensive) controller.- CVG: 3.7 - "Without Kinect this is an 8/10 game. With it, this is a maddening, brutal, clumsy mess that'll kick your ass and tie you in knots. It simply doesn't work."
- Polygon: 1/10 - "Kinect may have many strengths, but recognizing small gestures isn't one of them. Heavy Armor requires them almost exclusively, turning gameplay into unending frustration."
- Destructoid: 3.0 - "Maybe at some point, the Kinect requirement can be patched out of it. Until then, piloting these Vertical Tanks even while sober may result in a loss of brain cells."
- Games Radar: 3.0 - "Probably the most unpardonable sin here is that there is nothing in Steel Battalion that can't be pulled off a hundred times better with a controller."
- IGN: 3.0 - "Heavy Armor might be Kinect's most spectacular failure, but it's precisely because it's so ambitious."
- Kinectaku: 4.0 - "Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor is a glorious failure, a noble attempt to reconcile the previously disconnected casual and hardcore camps."
So, stay away from it!
NEWS SOURCE: Steel Battalion Heavy Armor review-round-up Kinect's biggest failure (via) CVG
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!