Newer update solves some problems, triggers others
Looks like the newest Dashboard update, which aimed to fix some peripheral issues, caused more troubles instead,
as now even the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel doesn't work for some.
As we informed you, Microsoft released two FW updates in the recent days.
- 2.0.15572.0 disabled support for unlicensed 3rd-party wireless controllers, like the Datel Wildfire Evo, and some others.
- 2.0.15574 -apparently- aimed to fix those problems, and actually they fixed the Fanatec licensed ones.
HOWEVER, Microsoft screwed it up again and triggered others issues, as now there are reports that the official Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel, the Datel controllers and possibly the Madcatz ones weren't fixed.
Here's what MS said:
And, here are the statements from the third-party manufacturers:"We are aware a limited number of Xbox Live members are experiencing issues with the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel controller following the recent Xbox Live update," Microsoft said in a statement issued to CVG.
"We are actively working to resolve this as soon as possible and appreciate your patience."
- A spokesperson for MadCatz said that the company had not received messages suggesting that the Live update had disrupted the performance of its peripherals. If you own one from them, you can confirm that in this thread.
- Also, Datel has already overcome the block with their own firmware update, which you can find HERE.
- Fanatec, meanwhile, has confirmed that recent dashboard update has fixed problems with most -if not all- of its steering wheels.
So, that's right, its funny to see that the *official* Wireless Racing Wheel is one of the controllers that remains pretty much unfixed.
Well done Microsoft!
NEWS SOURCE: Xbox Live update blocking connection with racing wheels (via) CVG
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!