GBA emulation on your Wii/GCN.
Tantric has updated another of his emulators for the Wii and Gamecube. Fixes a few bugs and improves the controller behavior.
Visual Boy Advance GX by Tantric is a port of VBA-M for the Wii and GameCube. The code is a continuation of Softdev and emu_kidid's efforts, and uses libogc and devkitppc. The GUI is powered by libwiigui.
Here are the emu features:
And, here's the changelog for the new version 2.2.6:- Wiimote, Nunchuk, Classic, and Gamecube controller support
- SRAM and State saving
- IPS/UPS/PPF patch support
- Custom controller configurations
- SD, USB, DVD, SMB, Zip, and 7z support
- Compatibility based on VBA-M r927
- MEM2 ROM Storage for fast access
- Auto frame skip for those core heavy games
- Turbo speed, video zooming, widescreen, and unfiltered video options
- Support for newer Wiimotes
- Fixed missing audio channel bug (eg: in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga)
- Improved controller behavior - allow two directions to be pressed simultaneously
- Compiled with devkitPPC r26 and libogc 1.8.11
- Visual Boy Advance GX 2.2.6
- Visual Boy Advance GX 2.2.6 (GameCube)
NEWS SOURCE #1: VBA Wii (via) Google Code
NEWS SOURCE #2: Visual Boy Advance GX v2.2.6 (via) GBA Temp
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!