Improves the iPad baseband downgrade
This new version improves baseband downgrade for those who couldn't downgrade with previous versions.
redsn0w by the iPhone Dev Team has been updated.
This tool improves iPhone 3GS 06.15.00 baseband downgrade, and now allows iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS users sporting iPad’s 06.15.00 baseband to downgrade back to 05.13.04 baseband with a fully working unlock and GPS.
Here are the new features in this version:
Also, they've released a revised guide on how to downgrade 06.15 baseband on the iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS or iPad via the latest version.- It supports to downgrade feature for iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPad’s
- 6.15.00 baseband to 05.13.04 baseband with fully funtions of GPS and unlock.
- It has included the Rocky Racoon untethered for iOS 5.1.1
- Can use DFU ramdisk method or the backup/restore method.
- Put into DFU method has been improved with builds and installs IPSW after iTunes restore.
- It supports to iOS 4.1 – iOS 5.1.1.
- There are available versions for both Windows and Mac users.
- It covers three different NOR chips types.
- Downgrade process has been improved. This version supports to downgrade simpler.
- Downgrade works on the wider range of iDevices.
- GPS issue has been solved.
More info on their official Blog below!1. Connect your iPhone in normal mode, then click “Jailbreak” after redsn0w identifies its model and BB version (you needn’t pre-select the IPSW anymore).
2. Choose the “Downgrade from iPad baseband” option (you needn’t worry about de-selecting Cydia anymore).
3. Do a controlled “slide to power off” shutdown of your phone and proceed through the normal DFU ramdisk steps.
Should the downgrade fail to take, feel free to leave the redsn0w log in the comments below. Use the “Extras->Even more->Backup” button to grab a copy of /var/mobile/Media/redsn0w_logs, then extract the log text file(s) from the zip and paste them into the comments (currently that log file is generated only during baseband downgrade runs).
NOTE: The original warning about 3GS units manufactured in early 2011 or later still holds! They have a NOR chip that’s incompatible with 06.15.00 and so trying to install it will brick the device. Please read and re-read the warning in our earlier post.
- redsn0w 0.9.14b2 (OS X)
- redsn0w 0.9.14b2 (Windows — run in Administrator Mode)
NEWS SOURCE #1: iPhone-Dev (via) Official Site
NEWS SOURCE #2: Updated redsn0w beta improves baseband downgrading (via) DashHacks
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!