The GCN USB Loader for Wii gets lots of fixes.
crediar has released another update to the *original* DIOS MIOS, improving the patch code, among other fixes.
DIOS MIOS by crediar, allows you to run Gamecube games from an USB device on your Wii.
Well, v2.2 has been released. Check out the full changelog since 2.0:Format your USB device to FAT32 with 32KB cluster size or less, anything higher is not supported.
DM is looking on USB port 0 first so if it takes a long time for the splash screen to appear connect your device to the other port.
If no splash screen appears at all your HDD (usually the IDE2USB controller device is at fault not the HDD itself) is probably not supported.
Before you use this software make sure that your Wii is backwards-compatible to gamecube games because newly released Wiis(beginning with 2011 holiday season) which are lacking the gamecube controller/ memory card ports can make no use of DIOS MIOS.
Still under heavy development and ongoing progress.
Download the newest WAD file from the official project linked below.2.2 (2012-07-20)
- Added a new DVDLowRead pattern (fixes Luigi's Mansion USA and maybe other games)
- Made the DVDGetDriveStatus patch optional via a config since it broke some games (DML_CFG_NODISC) (fixes Prince of Persia:Sands of Time, Goblin Commander, King Kong, ... )
- Added code to prevent drives going into sleep mode
- Fixed a bug which ignored the DML_CFG_PADHOOK setting and always patched PADHOOK (fixes PSO1&2)
- Config is now at version 2! Loaders will require an update
- Improved patch code and made it more versatile
- Improved .elf patching code (fixes Nightfire)
- Improved No Disc patching
- Added a hack for PSO I&II EUR/USA
- Added the wide screen hack by Extrems
- The NODISC config setting has been removed since it hasn't been used in 1.0+
- Removed USBGecko debug output
Also, go here for the official DIOS MIOS compatibility list.
NEWS SOURCE: DiosMios (via) Google Code
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!