I know some users are getting stuck and don’t know what to do with these .ETM or .MTE files. So I think it’s a good idea to make a tutorial on “How to use Evox trainers!”
If you have Evox 3935 installed, just jump to Part 2 of this tutorial. If you’re just starting out, read and re-read Part 1 and Part 2 of this tutorial.
* X-Box (lol)
* Evox 3935 with evox.ini (don't ask for it here, it's not legal, but you are welcome to go here: #xbins on EFNet)
* Probably a hacked BIOS on a modchip (I have X2.2Lite and X4977 BIOS, and again #xbins)
* A way to FTP to your XBox, by using Internet Explorer or any other browser to access your XBox, once you have everything installed. (You can use FlashFXP, CuteFTP, or any other FTP app).
Now, I'm not going to tell you how to install the Modchip, BIOS, or Evox, you should already know these things before you begin. But if you don't know these things, just go to http://www.xbox-scene.com/ and look at their FAQ and Tutorial sections to figure out what you really need to do in order to install Evox 3935 on your XBox.
Okay, so here are the assumptions:
* You have connected your XBox to your computer or a router so that we can FTP to XBox and upload some files. (If you don’t have this done, go to XBox-Scene.com for their networking tutorials).
* You have Evox 3935 installed on your XBox (on C, E, F, or G drive)
* You know you have Evox 3935 installed with the proper evox.ini file
* Did I say you have to have Evox 3935 (you can check this by looking at the Evox version shown in different Evox Skins)
* So you have Evox 3935, right? With the evox.ini file that has only ONE option for IGR (In Game Reset)?
1) Now go to System Utils --> Settings and set TSR to Normal (scroll DOWN to see the other options)
2) If you have a BIOS, that does not offer In Game Reset, then you might want to set IGR to Yes, but from what I heard, it’s not really needed. Better to be safe than sorry, so set it anyway.
3) Then scroll down more, and do “Save and Exit”
4) REBOOT your XBox, by either turning it OFF and then ON or using Reboot option in Evox’s main menu.
5) Now you need to check to see if you have Trainers option in main menu. If you have it, then you are good to go, if you don’t, then you must have either gotten a modified copy of evox.ini or have modified it your-self, so you’ll have to find the original copy of evox.ini and overwrite the one on your XBox.
6) Time to FTP to your XBox. So connect to your XBox (you should already know how to do this).
7) Unzip the .zip or .rar file to your Desktop or a place you can remember.
8) You should now have a .ETM (and .MTE if the trainer has a In Game Menu).
9) Copy the .ETM (and .MTE, if it has one), from your computer to your XBox’s Trainers folder. You can copy many trainers at once, so if you have more, just extract them and put them in the Trainers folder
10) REBOOT your XBox.
11) Look in the Trainers option, and if you done everything correctly, you will see the newly added trainers.
12) Turn on the trainer option(s) and make sure you do a “Save and Exit”
13) No need to reboot this time, just play the game from the HD, or put the CD/DVD in the DVD drive tray, and select “Launch DVD”
BIG NOTE: Make sure you are running your games from Evox, else it will not work. You have to do this so that Evox can do its trainer code first.
If for some reason a trainer doesn’t work, disable all the other trainers, reboot your XBox, and enable just that one trainer and try it out.
Info: .NFO files can be opened in any Text Editors (NotePad, WordPad, Word, etc.). .ASM is an Assembly code file that was actually compiled and made into a .ETM file. Don’t worry about it, unless you want to know what makes one of the options work (i.e. how did the player get infinite health, what was done to get infinite health).
If you find any errors or mistakes in this tutorial, please post a reply, and I will fix it ASAP. If you are stuck or are not clear about any of these steps, just post a reply and I will fix or enhance this tutorial.
A BIG BIG BIG thanks goes out to Team EvolutionX for making such a great dashboard with many options. And thanks to all fellow Evox-T members for making such great trainers.
Goku / Evox-T