ModChipCentral - PS3

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

How to hack psp 3000?

*puts on flame suit*, alright, ready. I saw the stickies and i dont think any of them have a tut on how to downgrade/run hb on the new psp 3000. I think its possible but, so far, i cant find a tut.

could someone point me towards one please? (and sorry if this is a stupid "noob" thread")

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    lol

yep, its a stupid noob thread, and has to go in the stupid noob section, not in the psp hacking & custom firmware section..

however..imma still help you out

best answer: use the search function, i found 5 million threads on how to do it on this site alone

my answer: if your psp has firmware 5.03 or LOWER, then u can do it by installing chickHEN (search for that). if ur psp has any firmware above 5.03, then u cant do anything.

also, u will not be doing any downgrading, and u will not be installing any custom firmware, there is only a "Homebrew ENabler" which is only stored temporary in ram, so if u turn off the psp, u have to re-apply the hack.
    STREET FIGHTER THIRD STRIKE FOR PSP PETITION..SIGN IT AND PRAY
    http://www.petitiononline.com/SFIIIPSP/petition.html

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    You can't install a permanent custom firmware on the PSP3000. The only thing you can do is run a homebrew enabler like ChickHEN. This will only work if your PSP has firmware 5.03. If you installed a higher firmware on your PSP3000, you are screwed.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    it would be a real pain if you had to boot chickHEN everytime. Can you took out the mem-stick while the psp is in standby, with chickHEN booted?

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopNut View Post
    it would be a real pain if you had to boot chickHEN everytime. Can you took out the mem-stick while the psp is in standby, with chickHEN booted?
    i believe u can, my friend applies the hack, and leaves his psp in standby all the time. i went and messed him up by restarting it, lol.

he then had to put everything back on his memory stick (for chicken) because he removed it.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopNut View Post
    Once ChickHen is loaded you can remove the memory stick, but if you turn your PSP off completely then you'll need to redo the ChickHen.

From the ChickHen Hen environment (protip: It's ChickHEN, not Chicken. Homebrew ENabler) you can load Custom Firmware Enabler, which is essentially custom firmware loaded directly into memory.

As has already been posted in this thread you cannot install a permanent custom firmware on the 3000 (Neither can you on the 2000 TA-088v3) as replacing operating system files with custom files which will fail authentication will cause an unrecoverable brick.

Basically the idea is to do the ChickHen exploit, load Custom Firmware Enabler, then don't turn your PSP off, simply put it into standby. Even if you do turn your PSP off, it'll simply boot back into Official firmware, and you can do the hack again.

Word of warning: Sony's response to this is to put updates onto UMD disks, forcing people to update their PSP to newer (Security patched) firmware, if you update your PSP past firmware 5.03 then you will not be able to get back to Custom firmware. This doesn't effect people using non TA-088v3/TA-090v2 motherboards, as they can still use pandora/MMS.
    Last edited by MaxMouseDLL; 09-22-2009 at 03:49 AM.