ModChipFactory

R4Depot

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

SEGA already done with Mature Wii titles?

After the poor performance of MadWorld on the Wii, it seems as if SEGA has had enough of trying bring mature titles to the Wii. A comment issued by a studio director denoted that they will probably not be doing any more mature titles for Nintendo's popular console machine.

<blockquote>Constantine Hantzopoulos, a Sega of America studio director, told news site 1Up that the company would not likely make further risks with hardcore Wii games.

“Are we going to do more mature titles for the Wii? Probably not,” he said.

“I have to say that it was a space that was open and we took a gamble on it. It’s like, ‘Wow, there’s no mature games on the Wii. Is there an audience out there?’ We did some research, it said there was an audience out there.”</blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36987/Sega-done-with-mature-Wii-titles" target="_blank">MCVUK</a>
    MaxConsole - Numero Uno Console website resource

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    should have been on the 360 would have sold better.sad it didn't do better one of the best games for the wii not made by Nintendo

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Wii sold 56+million units worldwide and real games still fail to sell any reasonable amount, even Resident Evil 4 barely sold 1.5million, pathetic.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I liked and bought Mad World, but I would not say that it was a great game. I would not recommend to anyone without trying it out first.

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL was the best mature title for the Wii last year and it did have modest sales and lots of torrent downloads.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trashcat View Post
    Wii sold 56+million units worldwide and real games still fail to sell any reasonable amount, even Resident Evil 4 barely sold 1.5million, pathetic.
    1.6 million is pretty damn good for a remake. How many people didn't already have the GC, PS2 or even PC version? Also RE4 for Wii had to compete with Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles for the holiday sales. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles sold pretty well as well.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    The Wii is the only platform where first party exclusives dominate the topsellers list, Its called making a good game sega something you'd know nothing about these days i wouldn't even of bought madworld on 360 or PS3 its that bad. There were 30 million+ consoles on the market on release and nobody asked themselves will anyone actually buy/play this?

That said the other two console audiences are more open to third party games, the 360 and PS3 have one first party exclusive in the top five each, The audience is somewhat older, less family oriented and more likely to pick up a gorefest game like madworld.

A little clue, If you have to tell the audience your game is hardcore, the best thing since sliced bread and if they don't buy it its their fault for a lack of hardcore games on the Wii.. you know damn well your game is utter crap.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    After the poor performance of MadWorld on the Wii, it seems as if SEGA has had enough of trying bring mature titles to the Wii. A comment issued by a studio director denoted that they will probably not be doing any more mature titles for Nintendo's popular console machine.

<blockquote>Constantine Hantzopoulos, a Sega of America studio director, told news site 1Up that the company would not likely make further risks with hardcore Wii games.

“Are we going to do more mature titles for the Wii? Probably not,” he said.

“I have to say that it was a space that was open and we took a gamble on it. It’s like, ‘Wow, there’s no mature games on the Wii. Is there an audience out there?’ We did some research, it said there was an audience out there.”</blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36987/Sega-done-with-mature-Wii-titles" target="_blank">MCVUK</a>
    There WAS an audience, but they probably had their fun with the system and have sold it off by now.
    Wii - Sold

Ps2 Ulaunchelf ver x.xx Maxtor 250 HDD
    HDL 0.8B+++ OR FreeMCBOOT 1.5 & ESR v8a+

Ps3 - Geo's Modified firmware
    Various Homebrew

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    The next nintendo console is for fat women, which offers free abortions, will be a backwards console, with backwards compatibility, and only play remakes of nintendo's remakes.

BUT you lose weight everytime you play.
    [My links are not selling counterfeit products, and link to a genuine lawfirm, if people can make use of it, more the better. I have never spammed or flooded my posts with my "message". NEVER a single time. With all due respect, I hope you realise it takes all kinds to make this community. Some of us are schoolkids who link to manga websites, others have our own businesses who may link to it. Not all fingers are the same, and not everyone spams. Sincerely].