DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - Others

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Desert Bus Brings Driving Excitement

For both iOS & Android, this $0.99 game released for charity has become an overnight success story!

Can you afford $0.99 for charity? -- Can you drive at 45mph for 8 hours straight from Las Vegas to Tuscon? -- If so then Desert Bus is set to blow your mind!

The most realistic simulation ever conceived by mankind is officially available on both the iOS and Android platforms. Mobile gamers, get your wallets ready, Desert Bus is set to blow your mind.

Can you drive from Las Vegas, Nevada to Tuscon, Arizona at 45mph in eights straight? You'll have to if you want to stand a chance of beating this game. Of course, the alignment of your passenger-less bus is messed up, so you'll have to constantly adjust the steering wheel in order to stay on the road and out of the brush.

If you've never experienced the glory that is Desert Bus, then you should probably know that all of this insanity is being done in the name of charity. Desert Bus for Hope is the charity that takes the proceeds from these sales and donates them directly to the Child's Play foundation. You'll spend $.99 on either the App Store or the Android Market, download your game, enjoy eight hours of driving "excitement" and have donated to charity in one single swoop.

Desert Bus was originally a part of Penn & Teller's Smoke and Mirrors, an unreleased mini game collection once bound for the Sega CD system. The game was designed as a joke meant to give would-be players a few laughs. It was due in 1995. Canadian comedy group LoadingReadyRun made the Desert Bus for Hope charity in 2007 and took this title from obscurity to internet fame practically over night.
    In less then one night, the most boring game in history has knock the famous 'Angry Birds' off the top-selling charts, and become a world-wide hit on both the iOS and Android platforms, all in the name of a good charity, but what 'mobile device' can last 8 hours in battery life to be able to play the game non-stop from start to finish!

NEWS SOURCE: Most Boring Game In History (via) TechnoBuffalo

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Really nice to see Homebrew making a positive impact on people and not corporate profits.

This APP is also free on the Wii:

http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2011/1...t-bus-104.html
    Respawn talks about the Xbox Live Cloud

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wewii View Post
    Really nice to see Homebrew making a positive impact on people and not corporate profits.

This APP is also free on the Wii:

http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2011/1...t-bus-104.html
    I knew I had seen it somewhere lol

I think you can even get it with the homebrew browser so you can download it straight to the Wii and run it.

Still trying to master Powder myself, game is so hard.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    whilst never put on sale an iso (2disc) of penn and tellers smoke and mirrors was leaked and is available for download to play on mega cd (with cdx) or any sega cd emulator.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to billysastard For This Useful Post:

Artlover (09-08-2013)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    whilst never put on sale an iso (2disc) of penn and tellers smoke and mirrors was leaked and is available for download to play on mega cd (with cdx) or any sega cd emulator.

Awesome post! I had to Wikipedia it and find out how your post was related.

I didn't know anything about all that, although I am not a Penn and Teller expert or a Desert Bus expert by any means or for that matter a Sega CD expert lol

This was just what I needed tonight, something new to read and chew into... More entertaining than that molecular biology pdf I downloaded! (and I thought that was pretty cool, it caused me to learn a new word. "Stochastic")

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanD View Post
    Awesome post! I had to Wikipedia it and find out how your post was related.

it was in the op...

Desert Bus was originally a part of Penn & Teller's Smoke and Mirrors, an unreleased mini game collection once bound for the Sega CD system. The game was designed as a joke meant to give would-be players a few laughs. It was due in 1995

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    lol is it me or is this really obscure?
    [My links are not selling counterfeit products, and link to a genuine lawfirm, if people can make use of it, more the better. I have never spammed or flooded my posts with my "message". NEVER a single time. With all due respect, I hope you realise it takes all kinds to make this community. Some of us are schoolkids who link to manga websites, others have our own businesses who may link to it. Not all fingers are the same, and not everyone spams. Sincerely].

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Driver's! Start Your engines! Destruction Derby 2 with Chalk Canyon was good! Speed makes me dizzy - Death Rally (PC) - very weak emulation on Xbox 1 [DOSboX]. Best auto-bus in the world is AUTOSAN from PKS! Aviomarin hilfe!!!!!!!!!!!!!