ModChipCentral - Wii

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Swiss v0.2 (GC ISO Loader for both Wii/GC)

Update Released for 'Swiss' by Developer 'emu_kidid'

'Swiss' is an app that allows loading of your 'Gamecube' ISO images on your modded Nintendo Wii and/or Gamecube consoles!

Long-Time 'homebrew' developer emu_kidid has released a nice update to his Swiss tool for original Gamecube and Nintendo Wii consoles to load Gamecube ISO images!

So without further delay, here's the first revision of 0.2, r93.. and it's available for download on the code page.

The 0.2 version revision goals:
    • Game compatibility (Luigis Mansion, PSO Ep3)
    • Removal of the need for a working DVD drive/disc in the drive (to work with the low patches too)
    • GUI to undergo progressive clean-up
    • Create Qoob modchip flashable BIOS version
    • Streamline build process to also build a GCM (per region too)
    • Wiikey fusion support!

Notable bugs at time of release:

- Buttons at the bottom have transparency issues
    Swiss Google Project Site: --> http://code.google.com/p/swiss-gc/downloads/list

NOTE: Remember this will not work on the newer Wii's being sold over the Holidays, like the Sonic (Blue Wii) bundle, as all the new Wii's no longer have Gamecube support!

Thank You Emukidid

NEWS SOURCE: Swiss Release Thread (via) GC-Forever

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Removal of the need for a working DVD drive/disc in the drive (to work with the low patches too)
    Oh yes! I really wanted that!

ploggy Guest
    Quote from Emukidid.

fixed a small oversight which was making most games not boot - go and grab r94 from the downloads page
    http://code.google.com/p/swiss-gc/downloads/list
    Last edited by ploggy; 12-27-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ploggy View Post
    Thanks for this info, not sure I really need this thing at all since I have MIOS installed or something (its been a while since I did it.)

but I am going to test this out as there is literately zero reason not to try it out, might like it better at any rate and I love to experiment on my Wii.... LOL

ploggy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanD View Post
    Thanks for this info, not sure I really need this thing at all since I have MIOS installed or something (its been a while since I did it.)

but I am going to test this out as there is literately zero reason not to try it out, might like it better at any rate and I love to experiment on my Wii.... LOL

If your going to mess with this your going to need a CMIOS (custom mios) an SD gecko (GC memory card with an SD slot) and Wiipower's Swiss Booter (an app that loads swiss from the Homebrew channel)

Have Fun