DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - Others

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation New OnLive app will let you stream Windows on your iPad

You will be able to access Windows and Office on your mobile devices.

Called OnLive Desktop, this is an upcoming app that will let you use Windows and Office on practically any device, because there will be Android and Mac versions coming soon too!

Cloud-gaming service OnLive will launch soon a new and interesting application, that will let you stream a cloud-based Windows version and the Office suite (Word, Excel and Power Point) on any iPad device.

Called OnLive Desktop, the app will be available this week in North America, first for iPad users. But Android, PC, Mac and monitors/TV (via the OnLive microconsole) versions are coming soon too.

Windows on iPad. Instant Response. Media-rich.

Need to see redlines in Word? Edit Excel graphs? Present PowerPoint animations? Now you can.

Based upon OnLive's instant-action cloud gaming technology, OnLive Desktop delivers a seamless Windows desktop experience, with instant-response multi-touch gestures, together with a full on-screen Windows keyboard and handwriting recognition, enabling complete and convenient viewing and editing of even the most complex documents.

Rich media, such as video, animation, slide transitions and even PC games, never before practical via remote desktop delivery, run fluidly and dynamically with instant-action interactivity. OnLive Desktop makes remote feel local.
    They are also planning to launch a cloud-based web browser, with full flash support.

A Standard service, with 2 GB of storage space on the cloud, will be availabe for free, while a "Pro" version with 50 GB of storage will be available for $9.99/month. Enterprise and collaborative services are planned.

OFFICIAL SITE: http://desktop.onlive.com

NEWS SOURCE: OnLive Desktop iPad Does Windows (via) OnLive Blog

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for another good news story!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    this sort of makes onlive more interesting

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    This is nothing new, there's an app called Splashtop remote desktop that's been out for awhile now that does the same thing. It streams video smooth and also has sound.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    This work on Sony xperia yet.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    When will they give up? I said 2 years ago this will fail and it has. I have it at home and it always lags and plays like crap. I try it out every few moths and it had never work right. (The game part of the system)
    MY SETUP

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwrecording View Post
    When will they give up? I said 2 years ago this will fail and it has. I have it at home and it always lags and plays like crap. I try it out every few moths and it had never work right. (The game part of the system)
    Well, I don't live in USA, however I've tried a few free games and demos and it works pretty well for me on a 5Mbit connection.

I mean, it surely lags and the stream quality drops sometimes, but games are completely playable.

If this work so well right now (at least for me, and I'm far from their servers), I can't wait what they'll manage to do a couple years in future.