ModChipFactory

R4Depot

ModChipCentral - PS3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Old PlayStation prototype images revealed!

Looks like the first PS was going to use cartridges instead of CDs.

A few new shots and images from the first PlayStation prototype were shown today. Yes, is that time after Sony and Nintendo were going to work together to make a new CD addon for the SNES.

New images from the PlayStation, the first Sony machine at early stages, were shown today.

We can see a few different models and versions, including its gamepad. An interesting shot shows that, on an early version, the system was going to use game cartridges and it looked a lot like the SNES.

Yes, we all remember that Sony and Nintendo started a collaboration in order to create a CD addon for the SNES, but that didn't end so well and Sony decided to make their own console (the PlayStation).

The first PS console was launched on December 03, 1994 in Japan, and was launched on the rest of the world in 1995.

You can check the rest of the images in the link below, and in our forums. - There is total of 28 pages of history!

Imgur Gallery: --> 28 High-Res Images

NEWS SOURCE: Making of: Playstation (via) Reddit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX1.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	33087   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	33114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX3.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	266.4 KB 
ID:	33088   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX4.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	169.1 KB 
ID:	33089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX5.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	256.7 KB 
ID:	33090  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX6.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	271.1 KB 
ID:	33091   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX7.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	33092   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX8.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	284.9 KB 
ID:	33093   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX9.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	33094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX10.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	282.9 KB 
ID:	33095  

Name:	PSX11.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	33096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX12.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	33097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX13.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	33098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX14.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	33099   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX15.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	33100  

Name:	PSX16.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	33101   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX17.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	33102   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX18.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	33103   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX19.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	33104   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX20.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	33105  

Name:	PSX21.jpg 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	33106   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX22.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	217.9 KB 
ID:	33107   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX23.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	33108   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX24.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	33109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX25.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	33110  

Name:	PSX26.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	33111   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX27.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	33112   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX28.jpg 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	33113  

LKJHGFDSA Guest
    Not new pics, they're from 2009.
    Still very interesting though.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Thumbs up

Nice both console.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Wow

Not the first time ive read that lol! though its better than 90% of the stories that i have read on maxconsole as of late... how desperate does a gaming/hacking site with personal interest in the pos true blue have to get to start giving money away for bs stories! you want game reviews, go to ign.

Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    i like the site now its giving game reviews, its about time this site actually starts been a gaming site because its no longer the hacking site it used to be back in the last gen days.

also before used to be littered with whats id class as biased fanboy trash talk, which was only flavoured to the posters dislike for that console.

now it seems the forum has stoped all the negativity and simply posting things thats actually news worthy for each system.

id like to see more of this in the forums, especially 3ds reviews because ive baught that many 3ds games that have ended up been a waste of money, driver been the worse so far.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    If it's th ebig picture one, It still looks like a CD based system, given it looks like a CD tray drive on the front with an eject button next to ut and what looks like the usuall CD logo on the drive. Does sort of remind me of the saturn with it's cart bay at the back that was only used for memory carts. The the cd controls are a bit of a give away as well, tho I guess they were edging thier bets initially as the system was deigned to be a CD based system originally.

yay for sony tho, seems they have always been removing features since the get go
    Next Gen Console - i7 4770k@4.7GHZ + H100i, Z97E-ITX/ac (bending pins on the USB 3.0 header killed my Z87I ), Sapphire Radeon R9 290X , 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866@2400, Crucial m4 240GB mSATA SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 64GB OCZ Agility 3 SRT cache, in a red Bitfenix Prodigy.

Re-Shelled Windows 8.1 Steam Box/XBMC HTPC - A10-7800, F2A88XN-WIFI, 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400, 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD, in a Antec ISK110 MiniITX.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diztructor View Post
    i like the site now its giving game reviews, its about time this site actually starts been a gaming site because its no longer the hacking site it used to be back in the last gen days.

also before used to be littered with whats id class as biased fanboy trash talk, which was only flavoured to the posters dislike for that console.

now it seems the forum has stoped all the negativity and simply posting things thats actually news worthy for each system.

id like to see more of this in the forums, especially 3ds reviews because ive baught that many 3ds games that have ended up been a waste of money, driver been the worse so far.
    Rentals and doing more than guessing such as reading reviews and especialy customer reviews is your freind, with so many avenues open to you to preview games these days, there is little reason to get som many duds. Rental is always a good option anyway if you can find it as most games can be completed to the point tha you may never play them again during even somthing like a 3 day rental period.
    Next Gen Console - i7 4770k@4.7GHZ + H100i, Z97E-ITX/ac (bending pins on the USB 3.0 header killed my Z87I ), Sapphire Radeon R9 290X , 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866@2400, Crucial m4 240GB mSATA SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 64GB OCZ Agility 3 SRT cache, in a red Bitfenix Prodigy.

Re-Shelled Windows 8.1 Steam Box/XBMC HTPC - A10-7800, F2A88XN-WIFI, 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400, 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD, in a Antec ISK110 MiniITX.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diztructor View Post
    ive baught that many 3ds games that have ended up been a waste of money, driver been the worse so far.
    i take it you didnt buy splinter cell 3d then because if you had you wouldnt be complaining about driver

oh and as for bias news, its only bias to someone who sees it that way, its not bias just because its bad news for one company.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    oh and as for bias news, its only bias to someone who sees it that way, its not bias just because its bad news for one company.
    You hear it from the fanboys every generation, even before the Internet I remember reading letters from people to magazine staff saying "Why don't you have more reviews of *insert system X here* is it because you hate *system X*?

They get all uptight for some reason or another that the company that at one time was awesome is now getting its ass handed to it by another company.

This is where being an older gamer helps, I have seen so many ups and downs that I have no specific loyalty to any company. I may cheer when some company does something right or sneer when some company does something loathsome but any company could drop off the face of the earth tomorrow and I wouldn't shed a tear. (Although some companies I would maybe smirk a little.)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDDOA View Post
    Rentals and doing more than guessing such as reading reviews and especialy customer reviews is your freind, with so many avenues open to you to preview games these days, there is little reason to get som many duds. Rental is always a good option anyway if you can find it as most games can be completed to the point tha you may never play them again during even somthing like a 3 day rental period.
    In this day and age there is zero reason to pay for bad games, but so many do it....

I got burned a few times as a kid on 2600 games and still managed to get burned a few times on NES games, then Magazines got popular and after that combined with rentals I never got burned again. Now I buy bad games as a hobby but only if I can find them really cheap at 2nd hand stores

Now with the Internet and youtube reviews there is literally no reason to pay full price for stinkers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast