DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - PS3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation PSN to be renamed to Sony Entertainment Network (SEN)?

Some sources are reporting they've got e-mails from Sony, explaining the situation.

This seems to be legit, looks like PSN is going to be renamed on Feb 8, Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) is the name for the new Sony unified online services.

Apparently, the PlayStation Network will be renamed next week. The PSN will now take on the name of Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) on February 8th. This seems to be an attempt to unify all the company online services, and not only the gaming related ones.

This is the e-mail some users are getting since yesterday:

On February 8, 2012, your “PlayStation®Network account” will be renamed a “Sony Entertainment Network account” or a “SEN account” in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment’s PlayStation®3 system software and PlayStation®Vita system software updates. (Note, this change will not be applied to the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system at this time.)

For general purposes, this account change is a change in name only. Your username or password will not change, nor are we asking you to change them. In accordance with this transition, some necessary naming changes will be made to the TOS and Privacy Policy.

This transition is based on Sony’s goal to enhance its unique digital entertainment offering. As a series of these activities Sony started last September, PlayStation®Network will be aligned with “Sony Entertainment Network.” This helps us get closer to our goal of establishing a global comprehensive network platform of services across games, movies, music and more, all accessible from one convenient account.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and support during this transition.

Sincerely,
    The Sony Entertainment Network Team
    Nothing much will be needed from the user’s end, you'll just have to signing a new Terms of Service.

And the new logo was revealed, as you can see it above. Looks like Sony's plans to restructure the company are starting sooner than expected. So, for now RIP PSN!

NEWS SOURCES: PSN Gone on Feb. 8th - Say Hello to SEN (via) TBreak and NeoGAF Forums

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for another fine news story!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    another tidbit to support the idea sony is going to drop the playstation name
    My ps3 is way better then yours.
    PIC based Jailbreakers feel free to visit my writeup for information and hexes here

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I thought it was funny when a channel 5 on demand advert had SNE instead of a PS3/N logo.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    they do realise that SEN is used for "special educational needs" in the uk dont they?

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation New TOS to be online by Feb. 7th, 2012

Here is the LEGAL changes to the TOS.

Lines being changed are 'strikeout' with replacement text 'underline'.

Now that should kill any rumors that this is NOT happening.

Fact is it is BEING RENAMED TOTALLY, new firmware coming on Thu. of that week also!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    i wonder if they will fix psn (or sen) before they start messing with everything else?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/..._id=TSO_EN_103

seems to mostly be affecting psn+ subscribers.

psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    i wonder if they will fix psn (or sen) before they start messing with everything else?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/..._id=TSO_EN_103

seems to mostly be affecting psn+ subscribers.
    Yes been fixed already or at least mine has so I could use my soul calibur code that I could not do on friday.

I do not think this has anything to do with dropping the playstation name at all as that like the term hoover for a vacuum when it comes to gaming, more a move to encourage multi sony purchases as you can use their services on each device with one account which is nice if you are a user of music unlimted and other sevices already not that I know how those services work . Also this has been happening for ages as the old webpage for access to your account to activate devices etc has been SEN for months and if I access it by my psn log in I get my phone, ps3's, psp and vita all shown as assigned to my account.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvfr400 View Post
    if I access it by my psn log in I get my phone, ps3's, psp and vita all shown as assigned to my account.
    lol lucky you.

i signed up to psn through mypsp.com originally so when i sign into psn on the pc it shows that device but for some reason it doesnt show my ps3 as being on that account even though it is.

psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvfr400 View Post
    Yes been fixed already or at least mine has so I could use my soul calibur code that I could not do on friday.
    not according to sony, although they have now found the problem it still isnt fixed.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/04/eu...g-maintenance/

UK Community Team member Yaster has now stated, “I’m being told that the cause of the problem has been identified, but a resolution has yet to become available. I’ll continue to push for updates.”

psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    not according to sony, although they have now found the problem it still isnt fixed.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/04/eu...g-maintenance/
    Well I said mine is fixed who knows what all the errors are and who they affect just mine is a + accoutn and fine so I can finally use the code.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast