DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - PS3

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Sony is rolling out 4.10 firmware for Playstation 3

Another mandatory update for Playstation 3 users.

Transition to Sony Entertainment Network and improvements on the console's browser are the more relevant features.

Sony is rolling out today the new update for Playstation 3. Firmware 4.10 is focused on minor changes like better display speed on browser navigation or in reflecting the change from PSN accounts to the new Sony Entertainment Network Accounts.

This is text extracted from the official Playstation US blog:

Hi, everyone. We are releasing a new system software update (v4.10) for PlayStation 3 today that will include a few minor changes that we want to make you all aware of.

First off, once you download the new system software, you will be asked to accept a change to our Terms of Service. In an effort for more unity between PlayStation Network (PSN) and other Sony Entertainment Network services, your “PSN Account” will now be named “Sony Entertainment Network Account.” Please note that this change is one in name only and will not change the PSN that you know and love. You’ll still play games online, still have access to the latest downloadable games and add-ons, and still experience a wide variety of movies, sports and music across PSN.

With this system software update (v4.10), we’ll also be updating the PS3 Internet Browser with improved display speed.
    We'll know more when the update goes live.

NEWS SOURCE: PS3 System Software Update v4.10 (via) US PlayStation Blog

Another good news story by 'Kaos2K'

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    The good thing is that finally Psp stop firmware update. Ps3 is still alive and with Ps Vita futures, some firmware update is normal.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenogears V View Post
    The good thing is that finally Psp stop firmware update. Ps3 is still alive and with Ps Vita futures, some firmware update is normal.
    i think that psp will get a new update if only to change psn to sen and update to the new "sell your soul" terms of service.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    i think that psp will get a new update if only to change psn to sen and update to the new "sell your soul" terms of service.
    Sony already stated in the emails, no update is planned for the PSP. -- More and More it looking like the PSP has reached its EOL point, soon I think you will never even be able to go online with your classic PSP any more.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyopa View Post
    Sony already stated in the emails, no update is planned for the PSP. -- More and More it looking like the PSP has reached its EOL point, soon I think you will never even be able to go online with your classic PSP any more.
    seems so odd that they spent the psp's entire life pushing worthless firmwares which were rapidly hacked that they arent taking this (one last) chance to have another go at blocking cfw / hen and even psn copies, either way, i'm happy, cfw and psn at least for a few more months (they will have to announce its closure by giving notice to customers).

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon