ModChipFactory

R4Depot

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Wii U controller originally had Analogue Sticks

Instead of Circle Pads as we saw at past E3.

A few new surfaced images from Wii U tablet controller shows that it originally had proper Analogue Sticks. Do you think these would have been a better choice?

We all know that Nintendo Wii U tablet controller has two Circle Pads, just like the one on the 3DS. Well, a few recent images posted at NeoGaf shows that Wii U Controller originally had 'Proper' Analogue Sticks.

These images are from an early controller revision, and we can see two Analogue Sticks in the same place as the Circle Pads are in the E3 design we all saw. We can also see some other minor changes, like the button placement and the stylus. Probably all of them are just aesthetic choices, but makes you think if proper Sticks would have been better.

However, Nintendo has said that the upcoming Wii U, including its controller, are still in development, so the controller could still change and we could see something totally different at this year E3.

You can check the images below! (Before and After)

NEWS SOURCE: Wii-U controller originally had proper Analogue sticks (via) NintendoLife

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for another news story!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    sticks or pads are fine (or maybe a rubber bung and a screw in stick like the early sega master system had.

but i dont understand why no rear camera (or psp style rotating camera), still its nice to see a user accessible battery bay to allow replacements rather than having to throw the unit out.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    sticks or pads are fine (or maybe a rubber bung and a screw in stick like the early sega master system had.
    but i dont understand why no rear camera (or psp style rotating camera), still its nice to see a user accessible battery bay to allow replacements rather than having to throw the unit out.
    Perhaps the reason they switched to circle-pads is because of feedback from testers. Analog is great but I can see the arrangement with grips causing strain on the lower thumb in time (kinda like what the DS buttons currently do for me). Further, the higher profile of analog sticks could have gotten in the way when using the touchscreen when approaching the corners. Your hands might hit the sticks when swiping in the corners. I mean, Nintendo wouldn't just change the arrangement for the heck of it - There must be a reason.

About the batteries: Well, the Wiimotes were criticized for requiring batteries, but it was easy to just use rechargable batteries and swap them out with regular batteries if you forgot to charge them. My PS3 controller ran out of juice a lot during long play of FFXIII and I had to hook up the USB cable to it to continue play (either that or wait for them to charge). The one improvement in the battery department I'd like to see is the ability for the controller to charge batteries while they are still in the controller (instead of having me remove them to charge) - Kinda like what the XBOX 360 controller does.
    Last edited by nambit; 02-28-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    but i dont understand why no rear camera (or psp style rotating camera)
    Wait what? Why would you need that?

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    It doesn't look to thick so analogues everytime in that case. But its set as it stands like an xbox controller and thats an unatural position so might get a bit crampy and limited movement so in that case the circle pad might work better. Though not sold on it after the wii debacle amongst other things.
    Last edited by kcvfr400; 02-28-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattias800 View Post
    Wait what? Why would you need that?
    well for "ar" type stuff or maybe just taking a photo to mess with in the paint app.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I honestly can't have an informed opinion on the whole pads VS sticks thing, so I will wait to probably complain about the pads. (my guess is that I probably would rather have sticks)

On the whole Wii battery thing, my solution was to get one of those 20 dollar kits that has a cradle for 2 Wiimotes and 2 rechargable batteries and 2 special rubberized backs. It works fantastic to be honest, I just throw the controller on the cradle when I am not using it and its always full any time I want to play my games.