ModChipFactory

R4Depot

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Wii U to be priced at $299 in NA?

299 Euro in Europe and 20,000 Yen In Japan, according to Wii U Daily.

According to an unnamed source at Wii U Daily, the upcoming Nintendo console, Wii U, will be priced at $299 in North America.

Alright, this is still a rumor, but makes sense considering what Nintendo is trying to offer with their upcoming Wii U.

According to an unnamed Wii U Daily source (the same that brought the Wii U system specs rumor), the upcoming Nintendo console will be priced at $299 USD, 299 Euro and 20,000 Yen.

Nintendo will price the Wii U at $299 in the US, 299 Euro in Europe, and at 20,000 Yen in Japan, which comes in at around $250 USD. No word on Wii U software pricing.

Considering that the Wii U will initially only compete against the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, which can be had for $200 and $250, respectively, itís not surprising that Nintendo will price the Wii U aggressively. They almost have to. Sony and Microsoft will reportedly release their next-gen consoles in 2013.
    If that rumor turns out to be true, could this be the right price, or Nintendo should definitely go lower, just like when the Wii launched at $250 USD?

We all know all the trouble Nintendo had last year when the Nintendo 3DS launched at $250 USD, a price a lot of people considered very high taking in mind the 3DS Hardware and initial Software offerings.

We will know for sure at this E3.

NEWS SOURCE #1: Wii-U to be priced at 299 (via) Wii-U Daily
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Wii-U to be priced at 299 in North America and 20000 yen in Japan (via) MyNintendoNews

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for another news story!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    It'll probably be more like $329-$349 PLUS tax(13%) here in Canada, even when our dollar is worth more than the US dollar we STILL pay about 10-20% more on games and hardware.

LKJHGFDSA Guest
    That's really cheap. I was expecting around the $650-$700 mark.
    You want it lower? Wow.

And please, again, can we stop with the rumors on this site? I've had enough of them. This is just stupid.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LKJHGFDSA View Post
    That's really cheap. I was expecting around the $650-$700 mark.
    You want it lower? Wow.

And please, again, can we stop with the rumors on this site? I've had enough of them. This is just stupid.
    The post is about Nintendo, not Sony. $650-$700? LMFAO...

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

$299 seems to be the magic price

If my memory serves me well (which often it doesn't), historically $299 is the magic price for consoles (until recently).
    It's a delicate issue dealing with the price as the Nintendo crowd probably won't pay too much for it, while the rest of
    the world isn't convinced nintendo is capable of competing on the hardware level with the other 2 console makers.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I don't think so. They said the vita was gonna be reasonably priced. We all know it is not.
    [My links are not selling counterfeit products, and link to a genuine lawfirm, if people can make use of it, more the better. I have never spammed or flooded my posts with my "message". NEVER a single time. With all due respect, I hope you realise it takes all kinds to make this community. Some of us are schoolkids who link to manga websites, others have our own businesses who may link to it. Not all fingers are the same, and not everyone spams. Sincerely].

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IJTF_Cinder View Post
    The post is about Nintendo, not Sony. $650-$700? LMFAO...
    Snatched the words right out of my keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by nambit View Post
    If my memory serves me well (which often it doesn't), historically $299 is the magic price for consoles (until recently).
    It's a delicate issue dealing with the price as the Nintendo crowd probably won't pay too much for it, while the rest of
    the world isn't convinced nintendo is capable of competing on the hardware level with the other 2 console makers.
    I think it's actually $199 that I've always seem touted as the "magic price". Also I was about to flip out when I saw:

...the world isn't convinced nintendo is capable of competing on the hardware level with the other 2 console makers
    but totally agree after I read your whole post.
    LOL! The TROLLZ LIVE!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Yeah the most I would pay is about 300 bones, after that its just not worth it to me. Gaming is a hobby or fun there are other things to do with my cash besides spend it on a toy as much as I enjoy them.

I never owned a 3DO or NeoGeo and frankly I am glad I didn't buy them (almost convinced myself to get a 3DO when they where out.) when systems are priced too high, they sell few units, this leads to a low install base and reluctant 3rd party software companies to put it nicely.

When the Wii-U launches I wonder if Sony will do a price drop on the PS3?

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Having been thinking about the launch of the Wii-U for a bit, I have come up with some crap.

The Wii-U for a time is going to be the high end system, if you want the most powerful game console you can buy for a bit the Wii-U is going to be it. This gives Nintendo a window of monopoly.

On the low end of things Nintendo is still selling the Wii and its really cheap these days, gives Nintendo a monopoly on the low end.

This leaves Sony and Microsoft fighting over whats going to be the middle, competing for the left overs.

Not a bad position to be in, its only temporary but how ever long it lasts its going to be a wild ride.