DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - Wii

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Nintendo wins Wii Fit patent infringement demand

This is the third time Nintendo dodges a patent demand from another company.

Nintendo has prevailed in a patent litigation in the US. Judge has summarily dismissed a patent infringement lawsuit against Nintendo brought by IA Labs CA about Wii Fit and Wii Balance Board

This is a curious PR we have just received. It is Nintendo announced that they have won the patent demand that IA Labs CA presented against them for Wii Fit software and Wii Balance Board.

Here is the official press release note for you to read.

Nintendo Prevails in Maryland Patent Suit

U.S. District Court Judge Says No Need for Jury Trial

For the third consecutive time this year, Nintendo has prevailed in a patent litigation in the U.S. A Maryland U.S. District Court judge has summarily dismissed a patent infringement lawsuit against Nintendo brought by IA Labs CA, LLC. IA Labs had alleged that the Wii Balance Board accessory and Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus software infringed on one of its patents (U.S. Patent No. 7,121,982).

“Nintendo has a passionate tradition of developing innovative products while respecting the intellectual property rights of others. We vigorously defend patent lawsuits when we firmly believe that we have not infringed another party’s patent. We refuse to succumb to patent trolls,” said Rick Flamm, Nintendo of America’s senior vice president of Legal & General Counsel.
    Another victory for Nintendo.

Our thanks to 'Kaos2K' for posting another PR email we received at Maxconsole HQ

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Hehe... The patent trolls is only money greeding assholes which often doesent even do any research before they go to court. If they did, it wouldnt be a case in the first place.

The whole patent thingy stinks anyway, because its all about money.
    ---
    Norway just made the worlds first Smart Cruise Ship. Robots working in bars and lots of other high tech stuff.
    This ship have Xbox One's, but they also have Wii U in other ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyyOUZjEIc#t=158

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    The particulars of any claim does have its merits. Not everyone is simply out there to make easy money. Besides what's easy money in this day and age anyways. Theyw ouldn't have entertained the claim and gone to court if the claim was based out of no merit, why can't people understand that?

On another note, I wonder how nintendo got out of it. Patents are becoming increasingly difficult these days, as there's so many little clauses which need to be specified very acutely.
    [My links are not selling counterfeit products, and link to a genuine lawfirm, if people can make use of it, more the better. I have never spammed or flooded my posts with my "message". NEVER a single time. With all due respect, I hope you realise it takes all kinds to make this community. Some of us are schoolkids who link to manga websites, others have our own businesses who may link to it. Not all fingers are the same, and not everyone spams. Sincerely].

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I guess they now have some people that know the patent stuff inside/out so they dont get trapped again like earlier.
    ---
    Norway just made the worlds first Smart Cruise Ship. Robots working in bars and lots of other high tech stuff.
    This ship have Xbox One's, but they also have Wii U in other ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyyOUZjEIc#t=158