DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - Others

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    havent sony and ms already blurred the line between pc and console by allowing patches and dlc, all sorts of music / video services and digital downloads all of which are completely alien to the whole idea of a games console where you buy a complete, working game right from the start and it wont need patching because the console is a static platform and it will be complete right out of the box without needing to go online to download more parts of the game.

PC games have no patches......... ya ok. Lets looks at Unreal Tournament ... several patches.... and dlcs packs. And then game of the year edition. Hmmmm Pc games don't seem so finalize at launch... now do they.

Consoles will always be king for easy of use and financial expenses. You gotta pay to play on live.... well so what (I've been paying for 6 years now- $300-$400 total). I've spend well over $2000+ for 360 game during that period. Instead of wasting it on new hardware. Beats having to do expensive upgrades to my PC 2-3 times within the time of a 360 life cycle, just so I can play online for "free".

And media features aren't totally alien to consoles.... especially if you took the time to get your Original XBOX to run XBMC back in the day. So MS didn't innovate... they just copied what 3rd party developers where trying to do. Atleast MS was smart enough to recognize that and had XViD/MP3/Network Streaming/MS Media Center support from day 1.

Plus anyone forget how MS made in game/dashboard chat a super easy and standardize medium of communication... instead of typing or dealing with the unstandardized PC headset/game chat technology back in 2005. While PS3 only had some half baked in-match only chat support.

Not to mention the standardization of leaderboards and True Skill match making. There was no true way to compare peoples skills as they were divided among thousands of servers several years back.

I don't know how it is today... since I don't play PC anymore. But back in the day the high costs of hardware were justified with downloading games for free.

The main reason why consoles are dominating PC this gen is because they aren't static (360 is x10 better than at launch), they aren't expensive, innovative peripherals and they are very very entertaining & impressive despite the obvious lower hardware specs of any typical product life cycle..
    Last edited by wewii; 03-06-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wewii View Post
    PC games have no patches......... ya ok. Lets looks at Unreal Tournament ... several patches.... and dlcs packs. And then game of the year edition. Hmmmm Pc games don't seem so finalize at launch... now do they.
    of course pc games have patches, they pretty much always have because of the variation in hardware, console howver did not , try re reading that bit of what i said.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    of course pc games have patches, they pretty much always have because of the variation in hardware, console howver did not , try re reading that bit of what i said.
    Well if you are referring to first day DLC... ya that pretty stupid. I agree.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    UPDATE!

Apparently Valve has denied the rumors:

As reported by Kotaku, Valve Marketing Director Doug Lombardi has revealed that the world is “a long way from Valve shipping out any sort of hardware.”

While Lombardi didn’t rule out the possibility of hardware sometime in the future, he confirmed that there would be nothing at GDC or E3, effectively squashing any chances that a Valve console would enter the race at this juncture.

Rumors of the “Steam Box” started from an article on The Verge, based mostly on an unnamed source, and a patent that Valve has confirmed was a PC Box built by Valve employee Greg Coomer. Valve is currently working on its Steam Big Picture Mode UI and said the PC box was used to test that.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/...console-rumors

BUT, seems they are doing some sort of testing with PC Boxes and they aren't ruling out the possibility heh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12