DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - Wii

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Super Mario Galaxy surpasses 5 million units sold

The ninth Nintendo game to break the record in the US

Super Mario Galaxy became the ninth Wii game to sell more than 5 million units in the United States, according to the NPD Group

Another milestone for Nintendo.

They are announcing now that Super Mario Galaxy fro Wii has surpassed the 5 million units sold in the US, becoming the 9th game from the Big N to do that.

Other game titles that surpassed the big barrier were: Wii Play (13.06 million), Mario Kart Wii (11.3 million), New Super Mario Bros. Wii (8.86 million), Wii Fit (8.18 million), Wii Fit Plus (7.32 million), Wii Sports Resort (6.45 million), Just Dance 2 (5.61) million and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (5.43 million)

Here is the full PR:

Super Mario Galaxy Becomes Ninth Wii Game to Sell More than 5 Million Units

Another month, another milestone for Mario: Super Mario Galaxy became the ninth Wii game to sell more than 5 million units in the United States, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. The Wii system, which crossed 39 million units sold in February, now has nearly twice as many 5-million sellers* as competing current-generation consoles combined.

“Wii continues its record-breaking run by surpassing 39 million units in its 64th month, a pace that is unmatched by any other system in U.S. history,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Titles like Super Mario Galaxy help explain why Wii continues to resonate with consumers. The fact that one of the best-reviewed games of all time is available for a suggested retail price of $19.99 speaks to Nintendo’s combination of quality, family fun and value that is unmatched in our industry.”

Other Nintendo milestones achieved in February include:

-Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 for Nintendo 3DS each sold more than 100,000 units, bringing the life-to-date totals to more than 1.85 million and 1.45 million respectively.
    -Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version for Nintendo DS have now sold more than 4 million combined units in the United States.
    -Nintendo sold 625,000 total hardware units in February and saw double-digit growth across each of its product lines compared to January. This includes:
    Nintendo 3DS: 262,000, a 53 percent increase
    Wii: 228,000, a 50 percent increase
    Nintendo DS: 135,000, a 76 percent increase
    Total: 625,000, a 57 percent increase

* The Wii games to surpass 5 million units sold in the United States include: Wii Play (13.06 million), Mario Kart Wii (11.3 million), New Super Mario Bros. Wii (8.86 million), Wii Fit (8.18 million), Wii Fit Plus (7.32 million), Wii Sports Resort (6.45 million), Just Dance 2 (5.61) million, Super Smash Bros. Brawl (5.43 million) and Super Mario Galaxy (5.04 million). Just Dance 3 is poised to be the next title added to the list with a lifetime total of 4.61 million.
    OFFICIAL SITE: http://www.NINTENDO.com

Our thanks to 'Kaos2K' for posting another PR email!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Those numbers are amazing, even more shocking considering that the Wii is probably super cheap to develop for at this point in time so the profit margin on those has to be outlandish.

Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    wow nintendo gets a hard on over this news, yet i find it funny how apparently its breaking US figures, when i know games to have sold these amounts within hours/days, for example recently ME3 3.5 million world wide within 24 hours.

but its not suprising tho that it takes a nintendo game years to reach these sales figures.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diztructor View Post
    wow nintendo gets a hard on over this news, yet i find it funny how apparently its breaking US figures, when i know games to have sold these amounts within hours/days, for example recently ME3 3.5 million world wide within 24 hours.

but its not suprising tho that it takes a nintendo game years to reach these sales figures.
    what you miss is that games like me3 whilst they do sell huge numbers on week one they rapidly vanish from the sales charts whilst those nintendo games dont storm to the top of the charts but do keep on selling, you only have to look at the top selling games of this generation to see what that means overall.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon