DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - Others

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition coming this summer!

Baldur's Gate I and II being remade.

And according to devs 'Overhaul Games', it will not simply be a straightforward remake of BioWare's original games.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is an HD remake of the famous PC RPG Baldur's Gate, originally developed by BioWare. This time, studio Overhaul Games is taking the lead in this project (they also developed the MDK2 HD port, another old BioWare game).

Well, the game is launching this summer, and according to them, they are adding "new, original content". Also, they confirmed that Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition will be released at a later date.

"We're adding new original content in the spirit of the original game," the representative said, as well as "maintaining all the awesome that is Baldur's Gate." The team behind it will include new staff, as well as team members responsible for the original games.
    No other details were given, so it's unknown how the game will look like. However, both games will be made in a "re-forged version of the Infinity Engine."

NEWS SOURCE: http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1220884p1.html

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for another 'remake' news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

Everyone should have the benefit of Minsc and Boo

This is the game that led to even now, many of my mates, not to mention 2 of my uncles will still use "I was waylayed by enemies" as an excuse for being late
    Last edited by DEDDOA; 03-17-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Next Gen Console - i7 4770k@4.7GHZ + H100i, Z87E-ITX, Sapphire Radeon R9 290X , 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866@2400, Crucial m4 240GB mSATA SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 64GB OCZ Agility 3 SRT cache, in a red Bitfenix Prodigy.

Re-Shelled Windows 8.1 Steam Box/XBMC HTPC (Stream Box would be more accurate) - A10-7800, F2A88XN-WIFI, 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400, 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD, in a Antec ISK110 MiniITX.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDDOA View Post
    This is the game that led to even now, many of my mates, not to mention 2 of my uncles will still use "I was waylayed by enemies" as an excuse for being late
    well, its a better excuse that "took an arrow to the knee"

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon