ModChipCentral - Others

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Youtube source links for those without Flash

I ditched Flash last year or so and haven't looked back since. I don't want Flash (using Arch Linux here, full open source). Ever since I got rid of it, Firefox hasn't crashed on me once.

Google is working hard on converting all of Youtube to mp4, and most work out-of-the box by just using a modern, HTML5-capable browser. But on MaxConsole I'm greeted with this message:

If using HTML5 tags is too much to ask, can you at least add a link to the video? Or at the very least the title, as it is called on Youtube?

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Hmm. -- I will look into this matter and see. -- Currently 'Vbulletin' auto-converts all Youtube url's to the embedded flash player.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
    I ditched Flash last year or so and haven't looked back since. I don't want Flash (using Arch Linux here, full open source). Ever since I got rid of it, Firefox hasn't crashed on me once.

Google is working hard on converting all of Youtube to mp4, and most work out-of-the box by just using a modern, HTML5-capable browser.

If using HTML5 tags is too much to ask, can you at least add a link to the video? Or at the very least the title, as it is called on Youtube?
    in case you really need to see it http://keepvid.com/ will give you .mp4 access just copy the yt url (and yes, you can download it too)

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Thanks, Billy. I use ClipGrab, which is cross-platform. I can run it in the background and it will monitor the clipboard for Youtube URL's. This "KeepVid" seems that it's only available for Windows and on top of that requires .NET. Ugh... Oh, and the browser counterpart requires Java. Pff...

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
    Thanks, Billy. I use ClipGrab, which is cross-platform. I can run it in the background and it will monitor the clipboard for Youtube URL's. This "KeepVid" seems that it's only available for Windows and on top of that requires .NET. Ugh... Oh, and the browser counterpart requires Java. Pff...
    yes, i use the java one, there is another called clipnabber http://clipnabber.com/clipnabber_classic.php or http://clipnabber.com/ (2 versions)

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon