ModChipCentral - Wii

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Miyamoto would like to make a new TLOZ game 'based on' A Link to the Past

Also, F-Zero could return on Wii U...

On an interview with Edge, Miyamoto says he wants to make a new game based on The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past...

In a recent EDGE Online interview with Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto he said he would like to make a new Zelda game "based on, or starting from" the SNES classic A Link To The Past.

"I think the answer would be the same if we're talking about just porting," he said, "but I think I'd be even more interested in creating something new maybe based on, or starting from, A Link To The Past. I think it's important to bring some really new software."
    However, Miyamoto is far less hands-on at Nintendo these days, and according to him, this could mean his vision being compromised...

"To be very honest and open, it really depends on the directors that have time at the moment as well," he said. "Some directors, I can give them the title and I know they will do something great with it.

"Other directors I'm not so 100 per cent confident [in], so they're the ones I'd rather take a more remake approach to the title. It really depends on that as well."
    He also hinted that F-Zero could return on the Wii U...

"I think at the time it was a really big surprise, a new thing, a product that made sense," he said. "I don't see with current hardware how you could create a similar surprise.

"But maybe with future hardware, with Wii U coming up, maybe we could create something that does make sense, either as a smaller game, or a fully fledged title."
    Let's hope both games happen on their next console, or at least on the 3DS!

NEWS SOURCE: http://www.edge-online.com/news/miya...-new-link-past

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    It really bothers me how Link and Zelda change with every game. I mean I never understood why if they were going to be totally different characters, why keep the names? I for one have a soft spot for A Link to the past, since that was the first iteration of the characters where there was some story to them (didn't get much of that in the 2 first NES games). I think it's about time that Link's descendants start slicing and dicing.
    LOL! The TROLLZ LIVE!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msanchez View Post
    It really bothers me how Link and Zelda change with every game. I mean I never understood why if they were going to be totally different characters, why keep the names? I for one have a soft spot for A Link to the past, since that was the first iteration of the characters where there was some story to them (didn't get much of that in the 2 first NES games). I think it's about time that Link's descendants start slicing and dicing.
    Aye, I have always seen it as nintendo's own Final Fantasy, pretty much the name is all that links them (ok the characters and their names are the same as well but thats about it).
    Next Gen Console - i7 4770k@4.7GHZ + H100i, Z97E-ITX/ac (bending pins on the USB 3.0 header killed my Z87I ), Sapphire Radeon R9 290X , 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866@2400, Crucial m4 240GB mSATA SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 64GB OCZ Agility 3 SRT cache, in a red Bitfenix Prodigy.

Re-Shelled Windows 8.1 Steam Box/XBMC HTPC - A10-7800, F2A88XN-WIFI, 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400, 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD, in a Antec ISK110 MiniITX.