By Nicalis, a remake of the indie title 'Aban Hawkins & the 1000 Spikes'
Nicalis just announced the first Wii U digital store title, '1001 Spikes'. This is a remake of a XBLA indie game and it's also coming to the 3DS eShop.
Aban Hawkins & the 1000 Spikes is an indie 8-bit retro style platformer game by JPN 8bits fanatics and was released last year on the XBLA.
Now a remake called 1001 Spikes is coming to the Wii U digital store and the 3DS eShop. This marks the first Wii U Online Shop game announced, and it's aiming for the console's launch.
The studio behind this remake will be Nicalis, best known for their work on other retro-indie games, like Cave Story, NightSky and La Mulana.
These are the game details:
Check out the game screens below!- remake of 1000 Spikes
- enhaced version features new art, new graphics, new music and sound
- includes multiplayer mode
- supports 4 people local multiplayer
- this is on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- expect a rather punishing game
- a trailer was shown that featured 20 different ways you can be killed
- hitting the eShop first
- due out this year on 3DS, aiming for the Wii U launch as well
NEWS SOURCE #1: http://nintendoeverything.com/86561/...digital-store/
NEWS SOURCE #2: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175586
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!