Note: The instructions are for Hackless method. If you're using a hacked method, simply extract the files to your SD card then boot Homebrew and select Gecko OS/Riivolution.
1. Delete any custom Brawl stage files on your Wii and SD Card!
2. Install the files to the root of your SD Card with the installer. If you downloaded the zip file, unzip the file and open the folder that comes out. Move the contents of that folder to your SD Card
3. Boot up Brawl and go to the Stage Builder.
4. Gecko OS will launch; select Launch Game.
5. You will see a straploader saying PROJECT M Demo v2.0. Additionally, if your menu image looks like the image below, then go ahead and play and enjoy Project M!
Example of a correct menu image: