ModChipCentral - PS3

That one place,near the street,and the water....
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Thinking about getting a new psp

So, regrettably, a while back I sold my PSP1000 to my cousin as I needed some cash. Now I'm thinking of getting another one and I'm not exactly sure which model would be best to get. I'd like to play a select few PSP games but mostly this would be for PS1 games on the go and emulation. I googled it and I know that all the way up to the GO can have CFW, but I have a few questions.Firstly, Do I lose anything by getting a GO model, aside from UMD support? A local game store is selling pretty much all PSPs for the same price, so its not really a matter of price. Secondly, is there any way to have CFW permanently on the GO? I have seen the ones that you start up after every hard reset and this may sound dumb but it seems stupid to do that when I could just have it always on. What would some recommend on this matter, permanent or self start? Thanks for the help.
    You can never have too much of zero,its nothing!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite_zero View Post
    So, regrettably, a while back I sold my PSP1000 to my cousin as I needed some cash. Now I'm thinking of getting another one and I'm not exactly sure which model would be best to get. I'd like to play a select few PSP games but mostly this would be for PS1 games on the go and emulation. I googled it and I know that all the way up to the GO can have CFW, but I have a few questions.Firstly, Do I lose anything by getting a GO model, aside from UMD support? A local game store is selling pretty much all PSPs for the same price, so its not really a matter of price. Secondly, is there any way to have CFW permanently on the GO? I have seen the ones that you start up after every hard reset and this may sound dumb but it seems stupid to do that when I could just have it always on. What would some recommend on this matter, permanent or self start? Thanks for the help.

might pay to wait a short while since it looks like there may be a new full cfw for all psp's, if so then a 2000 offers a good screen and familiar shape as well as video out and umd, the 3000 screen is a bit of a "marmite" screen some love its brightness others hate its stripy nature, decide for yourself, the go is more pocketable but wont run any umd's you buy, it can also be a little more uncomfortable in extended periods of use because of the weight of the screen being placed above your grip a little like the issues some had with the phat ds.

just avoid the psp 1000e, looks ok but really cheaply made.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon