ModChipCentral - 3DS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Miyamoto: Nintendo is working on the 3DS successor, not a 3DS revision

They are already 'working' on the future Handheld Generation

In an interview with IGN, Miyamoto says that he is satisfied with the 3DS hardware as it is.

In a recent interview with IGN, Miyamoto talked about the Nintendo 3DS and the company plans about a possible re-design.

When questioned about Nikkei's recent report about a "3DS XL", he said that Nintendo is more focused on the 3DS's successor than anything else:

"I really feel like I'm satisfied with the 3DS hardware as it is. I feel like it's the best for this generation," Miyamoto told me, when I asked about the Nikkei's recent report about a 3DS XL, and whether his company did have plans for something similar.

The Nintendo executive noted that his company is always thinking about what's next. "What we're thinking about right now is probably going to be for a future generation of handheld."
    Now, Miyamoto emphasized that he feels there is plenty more that can be done with this current hardware and 3D gaming in general.

And finally, when asked about the option of including a second Circle Pad in future 3DS models, Miyamoto said that the system's gyroscope as a way to accommodate that need.

Although its pretty obvious that a Nintendo exec. won't reveal any plans about a possible 3DS re-design (so people don't stop buying the current device), seems that he's pretty clear on this matter.

So, I think we shouldn't expect anything new in the close future?

NEWS SOURCE #1: Nintendo working on future handheld generation (via) IGN
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Forum Thread #478116 (via) NeoGAF

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    satisfied?? so nintendo are happy that their gamers are playing games that have nice graphics but suffer from bad slow downs due to lack of resources

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diztructor View Post
    satisfied?? so nintendo are happy that their gamers are playing games that have nice graphics but suffer from bad slow downs due to lack of resources
    some games have slowdowns on every console you do know that, right?

i'm sure they are satisfied (they didnt say happy, you did) with how the 3ds is selling and that MOST people are enjoying theirs, i'd guess that they are also pretty satisfied that after a poor start due to being overpriced for a handheld its now annihilating its superior competition, in fact its doing just what every previous nintendo handheld has done in that respect.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I'd hardly call the Vita "Superior", nor was the the PSP. The market dictates what is, and clearly Sony's target is off the mark still...most people don't want handhelds that cost that kind of money, for the system or accessories. I'd say that was obvious with the 3DS launch price too.

Their memory card prices are fucking hilarious, I'd bet that has to be the sticking point for them, proprietary bullshit like that doesn't fly these days when people know what an SD card can be had for.
    Last edited by IJTF_Cinder; 06-13-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

I am not buying the 3ds until a redesign

I want a second circle pad on the device and I will not buy a 3ds until there is one. If they never put a second circle pad on the device, then I will wait until the 3ds is replaced and then I will buy a used/cheap 3ds. I made the mistake of buying the first DS (phat) and they later revised it with the much nicer slim. I will not make that mistake with the 3ds. They always revise the hardware and make improvements and I will wait until that happens.
    <relapse> what distribution are you running?
    <aur__> windows

Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    some games have slowdowns on every console you do know that, right?

i'm sure they are satisfied (they didnt say happy, you did) with how the 3ds is selling and that MOST people are enjoying theirs, i'd guess that they are also pretty satisfied that after a poor start due to being overpriced for a handheld its now annihilating its superior competition, in fact its doing just what every previous nintendo handheld has done in that respect.
    yes i know games can suffer from slow downs, but lets remind these games (on consoles) are far bigger than the DS, and not within a first year of its launch.

nintendo allways sell loads of consoles, that fact doesnt mean the system is strugling already when playing games with nice graphics (considering 3ds textures are very small)

nintendo reduced the price because it wasnt selling as they expected, and wanted to get more units out before the vita came out.

i own both vita and a 3ds, and the one i now play most is the vita, the 3ds i stopped months ago because its lacking games already that i want to play (the rest admit it or dont are for children) wher as my vita, im on my 3rd play through on uncharted, 2n play on resistance, just got the gravity rush demo and seems pretty decent and assassins creed defo looks good, Metal Gear Solid defo getting this (looks far better than the poor 3ds version).

so im sorry if you cant accept or wants to hide the problems with the 3ds, but so far the vita has already got better games out/upcomming that i want.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IJTF_Cinder View Post
    I'd hardly call the Vita "Superior", nor was the the PSP. The market dictates what is, and clearly Sony's target is off the mark still...most people don't want handhelds that cost that kind of money, for the system or accessories. I'd say that was obvious with the 3DS launch price too.

Their memory card prices are fucking hilarious, I'd bet that has to be the sticking point for them, proprietary bullshit like that doesn't fly these days when people know what an SD card can be had for.
    in terms of the technology in it the vita is superior, just like the gamegear, lynx and ngp or wonderswan, that makes no difference when it comes to sales and quality games though.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diztructor View Post
    yes i know games can suffer from slow downs, but lets remind these games (on consoles) are far bigger than the DS, and not within a first year of its launch.

nintendo allways sell loads of consoles, that fact doesnt mean the system is strugling already when playing games with nice graphics (considering 3ds textures are very small)

nintendo reduced the price because it wasnt selling as they expected, and wanted to get more units out before the vita came out.

i own both vita and a 3ds, and the one i now play most is the vita, the 3ds i stopped months ago because its lacking games already that i want to play (the rest admit it or dont are for children) wher as my vita, im on my 3rd play through on uncharted, 2n play on resistance, just got the gravity rush demo and seems pretty decent and assassins creed defo looks good, Metal Gear Solid defo getting this (looks far better than the poor 3ds version).

so im sorry if you cant accept or wants to hide the problems with the 3ds, but so far the vita has already got better games out/upcomming that i want.
    Wow you find the most mundane things problems, for one you couldn't produce a reasonable pice of evidence that backs up the fact that the 3DS version of metal Gear is "poor" compared to the Vita version, and then anything you would produce would purely be an opinion that unfortunately for you means nothing in the real world for you are no one.

Your point about the games is also an opinion, more importantly only your opinion, again that means nothing.

And I think its fair to assume that you don't own a 3DS your just trolling in sheep's clothing again.
    N3DS friend Code: 4382-1989-5038
    Xbox Live GT: Cloudkill87

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudkill View Post
    Wow you find the most mundane things problems, for one you couldn't produce a reasonable pice of evidence that backs up the fact that the 3DS version of metal Gear is "poor" compared to the Vita version, and then anything you would produce would purely be an opinion that unfortunately for you means nothing in the real world for you are no one.

Your point about the games is also an opinion, more importantly only your opinion, again that means nothing.

And I think its fair to assume that you don't own a 3DS your just trolling in sheep's clothing again.
    Must not feed trollz...just lolz

LKJHGFDSA Guest
    Eh, misleading title.
    They're thinking about it. Nintendo conjure up ideas and keep them for decades before making them real.
    Like they tried Mii's on the NES, tried 3D on the GBA.

and the quote, "What we're thinking about right now is probably going to be for a future generation of handheld."
    Could almost be seen as saying, the next new portable device will be next gen. So stop asking.

I'm embarrassed that someone would actually mention doing a 3DS revision to Mr. Miyamoto.
    The original 3DS hasn't had it's time to shine. They have only been a couple games on it worth playing, no killer apps just yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast