ModChipFactory

R4Depot

ModChipCentral - PS3

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Playstation Plus coming to Vita on November 19

With 6 Vita games included

Sony has confirmed that the Playstation Plus service will arrive to Playstation Vita on November 19.

Sony has confirmed that Playstation Plus will be finally available on Playstation Vita on November 19. The Vita PS Plus will include access to an instant game collection, this game collection will be accesible on November 20.

The price for PS Plus is $18 for three months or $50 for a year but if you're already a PS3 Plus member you can automatically use it also on Vita. This service will also offer the gamers 1GB of clud storage on Playstation 3 and 1GB of cloud storage on PS Vita.

PS Vita Plus members will get six games for the system: Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Jet Set Radio, Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush, Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack! and PSP's Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

The full PR below:

PlayStation®Plus Coming to PlayStation®Vita on November 19, Delivering an Instant Game Collection to Portable Gamers in Time for the Holiday Shopping Season*

PS Vita System Software Update version2.00 to Strengthen the Platform with the Addition of PlayStation Plus and Other Benefits and Features

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced that PlayStation®Plus (PS Plus), the premium membership from PlayStation®Network (PSN), will expand its Instant Game Collection to include support for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) in North America beginning on November 19, 2012*. PS Plus members will receive six titles to play on PS Vita in addition to the 12 games currently available for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system, all for less than $5/month (based on a 12 month membership). PS Plus is expanding as part of the PS Vita System Software Update (version2.00), which will add other new features that enhance the overall gaming and entertainment experience on the PS Vita system.

Currently available for the PS3™ system, PS Plus offers members even more benefits with the release of PS Plus for the PS Vita system at no additional cost. Members can take advantage of the Instant Game Collection, which includes unlimited access to a regularly refreshed selection of downloadable games with an active PS Plus membership*. On day one, PS Plus members will be able to download a selection of hit PS Vita games including Uncharted: Golden Abyss™, Jet Set Radio™, WipEout 2048, Gravity Rush™, and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack! as well as the PlayStation®Portable (PSP) hit FINAL FANTASY TACTICS®: The War of the Lions™*.

"The PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection is such an incredible value, providing PS3™ and now PS Vita owners with a library of 18 games for less than $5 a month," said John Koller, vice president of marketing home consoles and portable platforms, SCEA. "Ultimately, we know that gamers choose platforms based on content, and with the addition of PS Plus and a stellar lineup of exclusive games launching for the platform by this holiday season, now is the perfect time to purchase a PS Vita."

In addition to an Instant Game Collection, PlayStation Plus will offer members exclusive discounts on games and downloadable content, early access to betas, and automatic updates for both games and the latest system software. PlayStation Plus also provides online storage of up to 2GB for game saves (1GB on PS3™ and 1GB on PS Vita).

There are two membership options available for PS Plus, including a 3 month plan for $17.99 and a one year plan for $49.99. PS3™ owners with an existing PS Plus membership will also be able to enjoy PS Plus features and services on the PS Vita system at no additional cost. By purchasing PS Plus for PS Vita you will be able to enjoy the benefits of PS Plus for PS3™.

Beyond PlayStation Plus, PS Vita System Software Update (version2.00) will strengthen the PS Vita platform by adding a host of new features and enhancements. Highlights include:

Email

PS Vita users will be able to check read and send email directly from PS Vita**

Content Management

PS Vita users will be able to wirelessly transfer content between PS Vita and PC in addition to browsing folders on PS3™/PC and copying them to PS Vita

Settings for PSone classics

PS Vita users will be able to assign controller buttons to touchscreen, rear touch pad and buttons with select games on the PS Vita system
    Custom screen mode option for flexible screen size adjustment

Web Browser

Enhanced performance of the web browser along with improved support of HTML 5 and JavaScript PS Vita users will have the ability to "Tweet" web page addresses

For full details on System Software Update (version2.00), please visit http://us.playstation.com/support/sy...vita/index.htm when the update becomes available:

For more details on PlayStation Plus, please visit: http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation_plus

With the benefits of PS Plus and the biggest and best software titles available such as Assassin's Creed® III: Liberation, EA SPORTS™ Madden NFL 13, Need for Speed™ Most Wanted, LittleBigPlanet™ PS Vita and PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale™, PS Vita delivers unmatched value as the only way to experience console like gaming while on-the-go.

* Instant Game Collection will be available after PlayStation®Store publishes on November 20
    ** Currently available for Gmail and Yahoo! users only
    NEWS SOURCE: PS Plus hits Vita on November 19 (via) JoyStiq

Our thanks to 'Robe24' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    If this deal doesn't get the Vita moving nothing will....

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanD View Post
    If this deal doesn't get the Vita moving nothing will....
    well it might get sales of overpriced memory cards going but i cant see buyers flocking to the vita.

although i suppose any slight increase might help a little.

btw did you see the numbers for animal crossing for this week? it totally sold out of 600k retail units and even download cards sold out in many places, e-store did another 200k units.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    well it might get sales of overpriced memory cards going but i cant see buyers flocking to the vita.

btw did you see the numbers for animal crossing for this week? it totally sold out of 600k retail units and even download cards sold out in many places, e-store did another 200k units.
    Yeah I was reading that a few days ago about Animal Crossing, I expect a pretty big bump in 3DS numbers to go along with it but how much I am unsure of.

800K sales in a week is not too shabby at all for a portable console. I wonder what the top selling Vita game has managed? or even what game is the top seller.

On the whole Vita sales thing, I found an interesting article about it. It's about a month old but not much has changed since then. Pretty much covers everything, and has some nice quotes from Vita developers. A lot of them seem to be very worried about making anything for the Vita because the install base is so low. One company near the end of the article is worried that they will go bankrupt....

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur..._vita_2012.php

You might have read it, if not than read it very informative and a lot of information straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    yes, i'd read it, a well thought out and interesting article.

there is another such article that should magically appear on here later today about sony i hope you'll click the article it links to as its a very interesting read too.

psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post

again with over priced cards, i guess youve not seen them lately, prices have dropped, but i guess you cant see this, so will switch to hating because sony have used a new media format (not widely available) with DRM protection, which even devs claimed to be a downfall of the psp and why they didnt want to invest too much money in producing top psp games.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diztructor View Post
    again with over priced cards, i guess youve not seen them lately, prices have dropped, but i guess you cant see this, so will switch to hating because sony have used a new media format (not widely available) with DRM protection, which even devs claimed to be a downfall of the psp and why they didnt want to invest too much money in producing top psp games.
    ps vita 4gb memory card (PREOWNED) £10 http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=711719206620 at cex, i can buy a 32gb sd card for that price (a 16gb PREOWNED vita card is £32) so yes, it is overpriced.

psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Not sure if I missed it while quickly scanning the Aritcle, but if I were a current PSN+ on the PS3.
    Could I carry that over to the Vita, or would I have to stomp up yet anouther PSN+ Account for the Vita as well?

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijoe View Post
    Not sure if I missed it while quickly scanning the Aritcle, but if I were a current PSN+ on the PS3.
    Could I carry that over to the Vita, or would I have to stomp up yet anouther PSN+ Account for the Vita as well?
    no, if you have a ps3 ps+ sub its free on the vita (using the same account)

psn = Impaled-Gryphon