DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - Others

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Ubisoft 'interested' in THQ IPs

Ubi CEO lamented the situation THQ was facing...

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has admitted interest in some of THQs IPs, but he declined to coment which ones.

In an interview with GI International, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot lamented the situation publisher THQ was facing and also commented on the possibility of acquiring some of its IPs, however, he didn't specify which ones.

"What happened to [THQ] is something that happens regularly when we have transition, he said. Some can make it, some decide to go in different direction. It happened with Atari and Midway and also Acclaim last generation. Its something that happens in this industry and thats the way the industry consolidates.

They have good things, he said. We are always interested in good brands. For sure, its something we can consider, but I cant tell you more.
    So, would you be OK with that?

As you may know, THQ is facing lots of troubles, as recently delayed some of its games, including South Park: The Stick of Truth, Metro: Last Light and Company of Heroes 2, reported a net loss of $21 million in its latest financial report, and also defaults on $50 million line of revolving credit with Wells Fargo.

NEWS SOURCE #1: Ubisoft interested in possible acquisiton of THQ IPs says Guillemot (via) VG247
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Ubisoft's Guillemot on evolving audiences and the Wii-U (via) GamesIndustry

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Saints Row, Metro and Company of Heroes..
    ---
    Nintendo is 125 years old. <- Happy birthday!

Norway just made the worlds first Smart Cruise Ship. Robots working in bars and lots of other high tech stuff.
    This ship have Xbox One's, but they also have Wii U in other ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyyOUZjEIc#t=158

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlefield View Post
    Saints Row, Metro and Company of Heroes..
    Having played all three of these games (well 2 of the Saints Row and 1 of the Company of Heroes.) I can honestly say that Metro seems like the best of the group. At least in my opinion.

Some of THQ's older stuff might be even better.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War on the PC was pretty awesome. (honestly would like a Wii-U version of this game.)

Destroy All Humans would be nice too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_THQ_games

Some other nice IP's that probably where under utilized.... and now THQ is in the mess they are in now.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanD View Post
    Having played all three of these games (well 2 of the Saints Row and 1 of the Company of Heroes.) I can honestly say that Metro seems like the best of the group. At least in my opinion.

Some of THQ's older stuff might be even better.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War on the PC was pretty awesome. (honestly would like a Wii-U version of this game.)

Destroy All Humans would be nice too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_THQ_games

Some other nice IP's that probably where under utilized.... and now THQ is in the mess they are in now.
    I forgot Warhammer was THQ (Relic).. Thats an IP UBI badly wants.

Anyways... UBI Snagged Heroes of Might ant Magic series from 3DO, and Warhammer is as big.
    Last edited by Battlefield; 11-14-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    ---
    Nintendo is 125 years old. <- Happy birthday!

Norway just made the worlds first Smart Cruise Ship. Robots working in bars and lots of other high tech stuff.
    This ship have Xbox One's, but they also have Wii U in other ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyyOUZjEIc#t=158